Unforgiven: Diva's Championship

TheOneBigWill

[This Space for Rent]
Diva's Championship: Michelle McCool (c) v. Maryse

It was announced on wwe.com earlier today. This will be Maryse's first Pay per view match, apparently, and it's going to be McCool's first title defense since becoming Champion I believe.

This is likely the first of a couple random filler matches I completely expected to be added. I can't say this match is going to interest me in the slightest. I mean, Maryse being any type of contender is just sickening. No offense to Maryse, but she isn't exactly worthy of being.. well hell, it is a Butterfly belt.. so maybe. :lmao:

Seriously though, this match being on Pay per view has practically anyone who's already ordered this p.p.v. hating themselves a little bit inside. Why? Because whether you wanna admit it or not, you're paying some amount of money to see it happen.

Eugh. I'm regretting this now. Shawn injured and this match?

Anyway, McCool won't lose. I'm sure they're going to try and make this meaningless pile of shit championship look as if it means something. Having your champion lose in her first defence is not the way to do that. That being said, is anyone ever going to think "Wow, what an achievement, ____ was made Divas champion". I mean, seriously. Is this what the female wrestlers aim for?

This match is filler, plain and simple. Its Maryse's first ppv match? Wow, let me make sure I record this show. What difference does that make? McCool is being built as the super diva on SD much like Gail was in TNA. She's going to roll over a bunch of jobbers with her subpar wrestling skills before some other girl makes a big splash on the show and Michelle beats her in a "big" match. That being said, this match will be 7-8 minutes of a big nothing. It will have no reaction, not build, no one in the stands as they're on whatever run they're on, and no one will really care when McCool makes some awful comeback and heel hooks her way to a title defense.

I think this match will be the worst match of the night. I don't see what Maryse has done to merit challenging for the title. They should've had a rematch between Michelle and Natalya as it makes no sense for the best female wrestler on Smackdown not to be in the title match

I don't know what you people are talking about. This match is not just some filler match, it could actually turn out to be a really good match because the build has been 3 weeks and it seems to be very good. Michelle will most likely retain and defend against other divas until one new or returning diva will come and take the title away.
Now, if Maryse were to pick up the win, then it will obviously mean the Michelle would quickly regain the title along the way.

Yawn.

That's about all that any of us need to say about this match.

Michelle retains after a 4 minute "subpar Smackdown quality match" where Maryse almost assuredly falls down on her own at least once. They both look hot, Michelle does that stupid little Arsenio Hall impression when she comes out, we all take a break from watching, etc.

Last month the Raw Women’s Championship was on the line, so this month it’s the Smackdown Divas Championship’s turn. I expected this match to be announced after Friday night’s show. The blonde hair will be flying Sunday night. I hate to say it, but this is your 5-minute piss/refreshments break.

This match is not just some filler match, it could actually turn out to be a really good match because the build has been 3 weeks and it seems to be very good.
We must be watching a different show every Friday night. For the past 3 weeks, all signs were pointing to a Maryse-Maria feud. First, Maria bulldogged Maryse breaking her nose. The next week Maryse attacked Maria during her match with Natalya in retaliation. This past Friday was the first and very obvious indicator (Maryse/McCool photo shoot segment then post-match brawl) they were heading in this direction for a Divas Title match at Unforgiven. This feud and match build-up has been poorly done; it screams last minute.

What exactly has Maryse done to deserve a title shot? She made her TV in-ring debut only three months ago. She has unimpressive wins over Cherry and Maria. A month ago McCool made her tap to the rolling heel hook in under 2 minutes. Who wants to pay to see that again? Just because she added a DDT to her slap/kick/clothesline repertoire, I’m supposed to buy Maryse as a worthy challenger?

Maryse is the only available heel challenger as Victoria’s busy putting over the new divas and they decided not to go with an extended McCool-Natalya program for whatever reason. McCool’s had the belt less than two months. I don’t see them taking it off her so soon into her reign.

Well I guess we all know who is picking up the slack for HBK's tricep injury

:lmao:

Eeerrrr. At least I get to watch Maryse's entrance. After that, ths sizzle is right on down the toilet. As will be many peoples waste material during this match up. Not much to say here, and im not sure if I can see Mcool losing the belt. this match is probably the most unpredictable on the card, only becuase the belt means so absolutely little LOL

At less it's not another scramble match. This PPV will be awful so adding this match to the train wreck isn't going to make or break the ppv. HAving said that, this might be a decent enough match considering the fact that it actually got a little bit of a build up and it actually got me interested in that feud. So yes Maryse will lose this match and this match will not be a mat classic but at less it's something that actually make sense.

At less it's not another scramble match.

Good lord, that's all they need....a Diva's championship scramble. Hahaha.

20 minutes of bulldogs, over-exaggerated elbows, loud grunts that come out before anybody hits you, and extended/weak looking clotheslines.

Not that McCool/Maryse will be much better than that, though. It'll just be much shorter, which shows that the WWE has at least SOME mercy left in their palms.

Two weeks before Unforgiven the WWE was trumped by their ultimate nemisis....MATH

The creative team was sitting in their marijuana/acid/extacy induced "creative sessions" when an intern ran in and told them of a problem. See their Unforgiven PPV is 180 minuets with 3 20 min "$3.99 Denny's Scramble" matches leaving 120 minuets of unused time with HBK v. And Jericho and Priceless v. Cryme Tyme taking 45 minuets max this leaves 75 min left which is abouve their required 60 of bogus time.

Once again foiled by basic arithmatic, the creative team "scrambled" (pun intended) for a match that would fill the time but requied no effort to set up...then someone sugested the divas title. Confusion was the reply. Seems the creative team forgot it existed. But after they came to their senses they dicied it was a good idea. And after a dart was thrown Mayrese was the pick. and here we are today. Good job creative team, way to do you job without effort. Wish I could do that

Not much to expect from this match, Maryse's hotness makes her watchable despite her terrible ring work and Michelle McCool is decent overall, this shouldn't last longer than 8 minutes. It has become apparent that the WWE is alternating between the two female titles at each PPV(GAB=Diva's title, SS=Women's title, Unforgiven=Diva's title), so they will be defended at least once every two months. It is hard to complain about this match because a lot of people complained about WWE not giving all their champions some spotlight, I think they are doing a good job balancing each champion's(with the exception of Hawkins and Ryder) "moment in the sun" lately, so I am not going to insult this match. The WWE made a new Diva's title and they are actually taking it seriously, so more power to them.

Yay for random fillers!

Maryse does not deserve to be wrestling ona PPV. If she wins, I will change my name to Maryse Is The Best Wrestler Ever. She can not wrestle. McCool deserves better than this. McCool is an ok wrestler, but what happened to Natalya's rematch? Why isn't she wrestling Michelle?

This match brought to you by Back Room Breaks and Filler matches. On a six match card, this match is simply there designed not to take away from the title matches, and provide a nice break in the action.

Both of these ladies are terrible, about as terrible as the design of that Diva's title. Truly one of the most ghastly designs of anything that I have ever seen. Both of these ladies h ave done nothing in the ring that looks remotely good, so this match will be what we think it is, a train wreck from start to finish.

Not excited by this match. Would have been better if Natalya had got her rematch or even Victoria as she can actually wrestle. This will be nothing other than a 5 minute filler for Michelle to retain her title.

From watching Smackdown it looked as though they were setting up a Maria/Maryse feud so this match has really come out of nowhere.

[QUOTEFrom watching Smackdown it looked as though they were setting up a Maria/Maryse feud so this match has really come out of nowhere.[/QUOTE]

Maybe it just means that Maryse will win the belt then setting up the "big" title match between these two "heated" rivals? The match itself isn't good, but at least their giving some focus on the belt. I think Echelon predicted this when the Nattie/McCool rivalary was going on. It's obvious that their building Maryse as the second heel on smackdown(sorta like a Melina of Raw..without the talent). In one way I see McCool winning since she is the "top" face, and I see the Natayla/McCool rivalry countinuing but I also think Maryse may win it, then go on to feud with Maria & New Diva. Also McCool is not the best in the ring, but I think she is just as good as Candice who has won the "big" women's title, so I see nothing wrong with McCool holding the secondary belt.

it will easily be the worst match of the night..just like when Ashley got a title shot against Melina at Wrestlemania...so quickly put together that there is absolutely no legitimate buildup of a feud for people to care..its blatantly obvious that the WWE doesnt care about this title..its even more obvious that this belt was made just for McCool and we all know why...I have heard the rumors of Natalya heat due to her standing up to Mccool and thats why shes being pushed aside, and quite frankly I believe it..shes the obvious person to get the first shot since she was the other opponent for the belt, as well as being the only one in recent weeks to actually pin McCool

this is about McCool looking like a strong champ by legitimately beating someone she actually can..unfortunately for the WWE, it will say when she wins that no one can beat her since shes beaten every heel on SD and she Super Cena..therefore no one will continue to care about the new belt, which will be put into the WWE vault in about a year

the best part of the match will be Maryse's entrance as well as her hair flipping and thats about it..itd be great to pull a surprise and have Maryse win, but I seriously doubt it..McCool will win in about 3 minutes with that stupid hook...thanks alot Undertaker

i predict Michelle McCool will be the first..and only Divas Champion...put into the WWE vault in 2009...LOL

i anxiously await the return of Melina..these Divas are crappy..until then..Ill watch the TNA Knockouts

you know something. This thing might go down in history.

As the worst match EVER. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVVVVEERR.

It actually makes me morbidly excited to watch it. This might be incredible. Both girls are laborious. Both need to be carried. but...they are wrestling one on one. Over a terrible looking belt. Its the WWE terrible championship match. Everything about it is terrble. Hopefully neither one of these fine young ladies (well....not Mccool) end up getting hurt here, and I hope not too many people are laughing in the crowd. would be sorta sad either way. This is also the most unpredictable match on the card, seeing as how the Divas title means so little, they could slap it on Mae Young and it would matter little. os either girl could win and not cuase the slightest difference. Excitement I tell you.

you know something. This thing might go down in history.

As the worst match EVER. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVVVVEERR.

It actually makes me morbidly excited to watch it. This might be incredible. Both girls are laborious. Both need to be carried. but...they are wrestling one on one. Over a terrible looking belt. Its the WWE terrible championship match. Everything about it is terrble. Hopefully neither one of these fine young ladies (well....not Mccool) end up getting hurt here, and I hope not too many people are laughing in the crowd. would be sorta sad either way. This is also the most unpredictable match on the card, seeing as how the Divas title means so little, they could slap it on Mae Young and it would matter little. os either girl could win and not cuase the slightest difference. Excitement I tell you.

Yeah, you might be right about this but let face it, with the way this PPV is being booked, i'm not surprised at all that this match ended up on the card. The only thing i can say is that at less not to many people in cleveland will have paid to see this match since for what i understand, most of the people in the arena will have gotten free tickets to the event.

But there is one positive thing about this match, at less it make sense compare to pretty much everything else on the card with the exception of the HBK/Jericho match so yes it won'T be a great match, it might not even be a good match but at less the match makes sense.

Filler. Complete filler that was only made for the pay per view to give us a toilet break. I don't expect it to last more than 4 minutes as Divas matches never go for very long at all. Sure, it's good that Michelle McCool finally gets to defend that title belt, even if it isn't credible at all. I do find Maryse attractive to maybe I'll have to rush my toilet break, I haven't decided yet. But the fact is, she is a terrible wrestler as she is pure eye candy.

The match will look McCool look stronger and a more credible champion as she will easily win this match cleanly. I can't see Maryse winning the title yet, if at all. I don't find McCool as terrible in the ring as some people say she is, but she certainly isn't the greatest female wrestler in the WWE. Every pay per view needs a filler. But McCool vs Maryse sounds more like a Smackdown filler match, not an Unforgiven filler.

BS. It's been said before on this site, nobody wants to see this title defended. This is SD!'s way of overcompensating for the fact that they apparently don't like cruiserweights. We only need one Women's Title. There are barely any good Divas in the WWE anyway. I'd say the only ones with talent are Beth Phoenix, Victoria, and Natalya. And Mickie James a bit. This match is going to be filler. A terrible filler. And people say that the TNA creative staff's been lame lately. I mean, come on! McCool vs Maryse? Couldn't there be a better match? Why not McCool vs Natalya? That would be better. I mean, Maryse can't wrestle. For her damn life. She's hot, but she can't wrestle. McCool is decent, one of the easier ones to watch wrestle. But this match is just terrible in my eyes.

I'd be lying if I said Smackdown changed my view on this match. But the one thing I can say is.. I'm more interested in seeing the new diva, Bella I think her name is, feuding with McCool.

Of all the diva's they even have on Smackdown, why Victoria wasn't the next in line is beyond me. I mean, Maryse gets her nose broke so as payment for that she gets a title match on a Pay per view? Big deal. I'm thankful this wasn't a Scramble match. :lmao:

But even then, adding more would've likely been better. NOT a Scramble, but some type of Fatal 4 Way would've been more interesting to say the least. McCool, Natalya, Victoria, and maybe Bella, or Maria. Hell, do a tormoil type match with all of them. Anything but a single's match featuring a worthless Champion, and a :wtf: Challenger.

Cant belive this match has managed to get 3 whole posts out of me. Overall, I predict laborious. As I have said, this thing could end up historically bad. I honestly mean, this could be in the pantheon of the worst PPV matches EVER. EVER. Two of the worst women workers one on one for an historically atrocious desighned belt. I will be riveted for this one. It should be an utter embarassment. I predict a title change, well, becuase why the fuck not?? Not as if this title matters.

Not looking forward to this match one bit. Im sure i could think of milions of ways to fill in five to ten minutes of the PPV. its a waste of time. This match will be the worse match on the card. as NorCal said it dont matter if this belt gets changed every defense. There is no way in hell that it would affect the belt cos it means so little already. Maryse i think will win it. I still want to see a heel hold this belt so then hopefully they can build the belt up a bit rather then just using it as something to hide the champions belly button. Im predicting a 2/10 for this match and i know the WWE wont let me down.

This match doesn't interest me in the least. In fact, most of this PPV leaves me uninterested, save the possibility that THE Brian Kendrick will steal the spotlight in the Smackdown ME. I was interested, until Cena and HBK got injured. Now the RAW ME has lost some major star power, and the one of the few people in the match I would have bought into possibly leaving with the gold. And if HBK is injured, there's a pretty good chance that his unsanctioned match with Jericho will be short and very anticlimatic.

But at least we get the Diva's Championship match. :rolleyes:

If this match goes any longer than 5 minutes, I'll probably fall asleep. Both ladies are hot, but good Lord are they boring! Every move in this match is going to be a clothesline, a bulldog, or an elbow, with possibility of a DDT or a Sharpshooter (is that officially McCool's finisher now?).

I'm so glad I no longer bother to buy PPV's, save Wrestlemania.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back