Undisputed? I don't Think So.

GI Cake

Thank God For Sodamy.
Let me take you back to Summerslam, ladies and gentlemen. It was the battle of the decade. The WWE Champion John Cena against the WWE Champion CM Punk in L.A. As Triple H stated, whoever were to win the title were to become the "Undisputed WWE Champion" That night was bound to be special. But let's take a moment here, what does undisputed mean? Let me look it up on Google.

Google said:
Undisputed:generally agreed upon; not subject to dispute

Now when I think undisputed. I think of something that no one can really disagree upon. Take for instance, I were to say "The sun is hot" guys like D-Man and Kunderblunker can try their best to disagree but in the end, they would have to agree "The sun is indeed hot"

Okay, now back to the story. The battle between John Cena and CM Punk, everyone in the stadium were left breathless as the battle constantly went back and forth between CM Punk and John Cena. But after a quick G.T.S, CM Punk captured his 2nd WWE Championship. He know became the "Undisputed" WWE Champion. However, there is a twist! John Cena's arm was under the roes. Thus CM Punk not beating John Cena fairly and leaving dispute that Cena could have beaten Punk at Summerslam. And further more, what better way to skew the word "Undisputed" than have Alberto Del Rio run down the ropes and capture the title on a recently powerbombbed, CM Punk.

Now this isn't a ploy onto ragging on Del Rio or WWE booking in any way. And honestly, I have enjoyed this programming more than I have in a long, long time. But honestly having the ring announcers and the rest of the WWE staff call the WWE Championship "Undisputed" just flat out, doesn't make sense.

100 percent agreed. Another instance of WWE pandering to a demographic. It shouldn't matter that WWE is going on a Mexican tour. Del Rio shouldn't have won the title for that reason alone. Also, seeing as how Punk was the last man to be WWE Champion legitimately, (at least in my opinion) why is Cena next in line for a title shot?

I don't know if they are "tongue-in-cheek" calling it the Undisputed Championship, because if they really mean it and are expecting us to buy that, then they are as dumb as we keep saying they are.

100 percent agreed. Another instance of WWE pandering to a demographic. It shouldn't matter that WWE is going on a Mexican tour. Del Rio shouldn't have won the title for that reason alone.
I was unaware we have a WWE writer posting on these here forums. Do you have factual proof this is the sole reason he won the title?
Also, seeing as how Punk was the last man to be WWE Champion legitimately, (at least in my opinion)
Lol, what?

Del Rio pinned CM Punk in an official match for the WWE Championship, how does this make Punk the last man to win the Championship legitimately? By this logic, we should scrap and erase Punk two World Title reigns from the book because he didn't win them...umm... legitimately.
why is Cena next in line for a title shot?
Cena gets rematch clause. But Del Rio cashes in. Now Punk gets his rematch clause. So Triple H being the smart guy he is makes a match for the number one contendership. Following me?
I don't know if they are "tongue-in-cheek" calling it the Undisputed Championship, because if they really mean it and are expecting us to buy that, then they are as dumb as we keep saying they are.
The word undisputed is completely irrelevant. Does it bring anything that wasn't there to the current storyline? Is the Undisputed Championship really any different then the WWE Championship? Why is the belt being called the Undisputed Championship something to get your balls in a bunch over?

Shit guys this is simple:

Undisputed: generally agreed upon, Not subject to dispute.

When Punk and Cena were BOTH WWE champions, people would 'dispute' one of them being champ, as there can only be one.

Now that there is only one WWE championship, you can't argue that Del rio is the champ. no argument = generally agreed upon = undisputed.

Now i know i'm not legit enough to do this but this thread is now closed bitches.

You can call it whatever you want. The fact remains there was a dispute as to who was the real WWE champ "in story".

Cena lost to Punk but then Punk "in story" quit so there was no champion.
Cena wins the new title and Punk comes back claiming he's still the champ.

You Follow?
There is a dispute and it gets resolved by someone winning the title that is "no longer disputed" just because someone who had nothing to do with the whole leadup wins is irrelevant, mark that down to shock factor. Dumb as it is ruining a perfectly good storyline by having Del Rio win, but you knew sooner or later he was gonna win

almost a decade ago, 2 champs come along vying to see who is the Undisputed champion WWF title Holder vs the World Heavyweight Title Holder. Austin vs The Rock, Jericho interjects himself and becomes the first Undisputed World Champion. Sound familiar?

and before that it was Flair vs Hogan though they never fought for an Undisputed championship they were building upto Flair putting his WCW title up against Hogan's WWF title but then WCW sued Flair and dragged him back to WCW

They wont keep calling him the Undisputed champ forever. Same as Triple H who won the Undisputed Championship from Jericho wasn't called the Undisputed Champ for long eventually it just went back to 2 titles in that case or in this case they'll just go back to calling whomever the WWE champion which likely will be Cena i guess. It's just temporary to pump up Del Rio.

and so what if they really did just give Del Rio the title to prop up Mexican ratings, they give Cena the title to prop up American ratings all the time.

I seem to remember Del Rio was likely to win the title at WrestleMania but they scrapped it to give Edge a going away present.

It will not be called that permanently. That's just temporary. They called it that due to there having been both a current and interim WWE Champion and one had to be the actual champion out of the two, only one guy could leave Summerslam as WWE Champion and no one thought it would be Del Rio. The word Undisputed will not be part of the title's name for long. I think pretty soon they will go back to just calling it the WWE Championship because it only made sense to call it the Undisputed WWE Championship during the angle where they had two champions and it ended.

Goddamn you guys don't fucking get story.

Del Rio and heels push the "undisputed" stuff because it makes Del Rio look more like a heel.

Punk isn't next in line and doesn't have the title because his character is an idealist and if he has the belt, well then he has nothing to talk about.

Cena is next in line because, believe it or not, a feud with Cena will elevate Del Rio more than a feud with Punk.

Goddamn you guys don't fucking get story.

Del Rio and heels push the "undisputed" stuff because it makes Del Rio look more like a heel.

Punk isn't next in line and doesn't have the title because his character is an idealist and if he has the belt, well then he has nothing to talk about.

Cena is next in line because, believe it or not, a feud with Cena will elevate Del Rio more than a feud with Punk.

You obviously didn't read my post...

I am perfectly fine with Del Rio being the WWE Champion. And if calling himself the "Undisputed" WWE Champion is a fine vehicle on getting over as a heel, but it's more the WWE calling it the undisputed than Del Rio. Calling the title "Undisputed" simply for the fact that Del Rio is the Champ, just makes it redundant.

I never said Punk should be back in line for the WWE Title picture. As much as I would like to, CM Punk is not going back to the title scene for a while. And rightfully so, he has a much bigger program he is working in with Triple H. And quite frankly, he just flat out doesn't need the WWE Championship to get him over in the feud any longer.

Although I agree that they shouldnt keep refering too the title as Undisputed.

Del Rio is milking the "undisputed" part just to make himself look better, and even if that is not intentional.... it seems like a classic HEEL move.

Seccondly the reason why it was called Disputed was.
The title is already Undistputed, in the sense that whoever holds the belt is champion and nobody can prove them wrong until they win the title themselves...there is no dispute, you are ither champion or you are not. And you are champion until you are beaten for the titles.

John Cena wins the title. Cm punk returns with his title. They both have a Legit Claim to the WWE title so that makes it Disputed.
They fight for the title, one of them wins...that makes it Undisputed again....undisputed in the sense that its the title...just as it always was before CM Punk left with it at MITB.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back