• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Undertaker Wrestlemania XXX Reports, Rumors & Opinions: Keep It All Here!!!!

To build this program imo they should use Cena's past character build up of how he always overcame the odds and is the face of the company and try to build doubt in mind of people that the Phenom "The Undertaker" is not what he used to be and has a good chance of losing to Cena. Book Cena in the way that it shows that if someone is truly capable of breaking the streak it is the unstoppable superman of wwe John Cena. But heres the catch though you can't book Taker as a heel at this stage in his career and Cena as a pure babyface would not be interesting so make Cena's character a little more edgy for this feud. Make him break kayfabe in the sense that he says he is the man in the company and there is no one bigger then him and he is the only guy capable of defeating Taker. Make him walk the thin line of the bad guy that he was walking during his promos against Rock before their second encounter.

P.S. Can someone tell me how can I make a thread as it wont let me make one. Is there some requirement I do not meet. Didn't see anything in the rules mentioning this. Thank You.

taker beats cena or austin(jus sayin) this year nxt year the rock comes back finally says may be now is the time to end this(because of injuries) but if the rock is goin down the rock'll go down in style baby.... facing taker in wm 31..taker beats the rock.....
32 taker beats austin or cena........
wm 33 roman reigns beats taker greatest moment in history of wwe....
IF THEY WANT TO FEED HIM TO CENA THEY BETTER LET SUPER BRYAN KICK HIS ASS AND BEAT HIN IN A LAST MAN STANDING MATCH OR BETTER YET I QUIT MATCH OR EVEN BETTER BRING BRUNO SAMARTINO BACK AND LET HIM BEAT TAKER KILL HIM THE RIGHT WAY............

If Rygarbage...I mean Ryback beats the Undertakers streak, I will never watch wrestling again. If Shawn Michaels or HHH can't do it, It would be a slap in the face to everyone who has been watching wrestling the last 20 years. Vince is going crazy in his old age and needs to be overthrown by HHH. H will do whats best for business (lol) and not let Rygarbage do something that multiple hall of famers couldn't...I hopw Rygarbage gets hurts before wrestlemanina 30 so that its not even an option to have him face Taker.

Greg 'The Hammer" Valentine will come back and break the streak before Rygarbage

I have no problem with the streak being ended, indeed I think it should, however the notion that Ryback ends it is ridiculous. I suppose it is believable in that Ryback is a big guy and I do rate him, he puts on good matches. If the WWE want to end the streak which has saved some Wrestlemania's then there needs to be a better choice then Ryback. For the last 5 years Taker has put on the match of the night and has become a major selling point for WM. When the streak ends, that is it. They need to fill the void and ending the streak would give a young superstar the potential to do that.

I honestly don't think there is a perfect choice on the current roster. Other than Ryback there is someone from The Shield, Ziggler, Barrett, Wyatt.... Sandow, Axel, Rhodes? If it was my choice it would be a heel Ziggler or Barrett but someone from The Shield would also be a great way to go. Ending the streak would make the career of a superstar and would really help them develop as a heel. Truth be told, I though The Miz should have ended the streak a few years ago.....

I don't think they will end the streak meaning they will go for the option that makes garners the greatest number of buyrates. The Rock, Brock, Cena and well Sting are the only big name options. Since his return The Rock has put on sub-par matches. Whether that is because he is rusty or in fear of injury, I don't know but I don't think he is a good choice. Brock would be awesome for many reasons (Hell in a Cell is a must) but would be a waste of Brock. He is a fucking monster and I fear he may end the career of the Undertaker or it would be a waste of what he offers. There are better options for both. I don't think Sting is returning although that would spark great interest.

I think it is all set up for Cena/Taker. The biggest star in the company has to take on the streak. Taker hasn't faced any of Austin, The Rock, Hogan or Hart at the biggest show of the year and Cena is another name that cannot be missed. Moreover, there will be many who think in the back of their minds that Cena can end the streak.

My idea would be for the rumble winner to give up his title shot for a crack at the streak (cena would be ideal)

I think that if sting were to wrestle taker after the streak had ended the outcome would be not as cut and dry leading to a better program IMO

I'm not one to come on here and just say no, but no. Holy mother of God, sweet Lord have mercy, not Ryback. Anybody but Ryback. I'm getting more and more into him with Paul Heyman, but still no. I have no issue him challenging The Undertaker at WrestleMania XXX, but 21-1? Hell no.

Ryback has the look. He could be a World Champion, and with Paul Heyman, this could get really good. But I must revert back to WrestleMania XXX, if he wins, pandemonium.

WWE wants record pay-per-view buys for WrestleMania XXX. One, this is WrestleMania. Two, this is WrestleMania XXX. Those two things alone will sell big time. If John Cena, The Undertaker, The Rock, Brock Lesnar, CM Punk and Triple H are on the card, expect big numbers. If Stone Cold is on the card, big numbers. If Ryback beats The Undertaker, big backlash. That's how I see it.

In my opinion The Streak has become just far too large an event/match for an 'unproven' superstar to challenge, yet alone end. Unproven is probably a harsh word, as names people have suggested (Ryback, Ambrose, Ziggler etc.) have all shown at points that they have what it takes to be a top star. But just being a 'top star' or a 'future World Champion' isn't a prerequisite to face 'Taker at WrestleMania. To me there are 3 realistic challengers for the Undertaker at WrestleMania; John Cena, Brock Lesnar & The Rock.

Stone Cold won't ever wrestle again, The Rock is 50/50 at this stage, Lesnar has 1 PPV Match left (I believe) and Cena will be back by the Royal Rumble. It has to be one of those three. Forget the fact that Taker putting over Ryback or Ambrose at WrestleMania will instantly make them a superstar, because it won't. It will mean that they've achieved the greatest feet in wrestling history, but it won't guarantee that they'll be a legend or superstar forever.

If Taker wants to put someone over, put him in a program with The Shield at Survivor Series and have him put them over, or just Ambrose or Ziggler or Sandow, anyone. Not at WrestleMania. But come April 7th, 2014, The Undertaker should walk onto the stage on RAW and thank everyone involved in his career. He should retire from the WWE with a perfect 22-0 record at WrestleMania having beaten John Cena the night before.

Slightly off-topic but I'm hoping for this as the top-end of the WrestleMania card.

1) Undertaker vs John Cena (if Cena wins, Undertaker must retire) - Undertaker wins but retires the next night on RAW.

2) The Rock vs Brock Lesnar

3) WWE Champion Daniel Bryan vs CM Punk vs Randy Orton vs Dolph Ziggler

4) World Heavyweight Champion Damien Sandow vs Cody Rhodes

5) Sheamus (w/ Triple H & Stephanie) vs Kofi Kingston (w/Vince & Shane) (winner gets full control of WWE)

As of now there seem to be two guys who are the front runners to face Taker at Mania XXX. In each scenario, I think the build should be rather straight forward and easy to pull.

Opponent 1 Brock Lesnar

They had a great feud back in 02 where Brock put Taker down. I'm sure they can build on that and have Brock return sometime in early 2014 and boast about how he has put all those down since his return. He goes on to mention how he has taken out the WWE's best but has one thing left to do. That of course is to end the best thing going in the WWE and that is the streak.

Opponent 2 John Cena

For this one, I would have Cena return the night after the Rumble. He would come out and talk about how he was ready and could have took part in the Rumble but during his time away he thought about his career and accomplishments and more so about what he hasn't done. He would then say he has yet to take on the Phenom and that there would be no better place to do so than Mania.

That's, like, your opinion man. It's really a shame I can't argue this further since you didn't bother to throw in any proof of your claims.

Ryback has proven time and time again to the WWE Universe that he can wrestle a match, and be marketable. 2 very important things. Otherwise we would not see Ryback tangled in main feuds like Heyman's.

And have you seen how well his merchandise is selling? Yeah, please.

Let me get this straight...you'd rather give what could be Undertaker's last match at WM 30 not to someone who can gain the world from it, but to a part-timing veteran who has nothing to prove anymore? And you say Ryback is a horrible idea?

Ryback would benefit. Jericho would definitely not.

Meh he's not that great of a rassler. But he is marketable. He's heel turn was pulled far to early though. That's the mistake they made.

Was no reason for him to turn if they only wanted him for Cena feud and do nothing but bully other people and not wrestle afterwards.

So how does is merch sell? Any good. Have any proof you are talking about yourself. Otherwise it's just an opinion just like the other guy.

No one is saying it will be his Taker's last. For all we know he could be doing one match for years to come. It would just be wishful thinking that he would end it on a high note with big 30. He could do another 8 WM matches to Wm40.

Not to mention that Vince won't give that streak to up and coming stars either since it is one constant WM draw. If so they would have done it already....this is just more of IWC dreams.

But from business perspective you would hold onto that streak until Taker retires and let him keep his legacy intact so you could sell some dvds with it's name written on it later on.

Often business means what's best for the legacy and sells that come after it rather than building around another star using something like that.

If Ryback benefit matters not if people in charge can't see him benefiting from it. Also Jericho would most likely get a better match from this but I believe him wrestling Taker at WM sailed last year.

So good ol Rybotch... I mean Ryback is slated to face Undertaker... why? HE HAS ZERO MARKETABILITY. Granted he now has HEYMAN, but he still has a lot of people who don't want this or think it is not good business. Hell Sin Cara or even the Shock Master would be better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back