UGH....CM Punk was right there on the ramp!!!!!

powerade

Occasional Pre-Show
i loved the cena/edge match....but they really dropped the ball...

CM Punk was right there helping put Cena on the stretcher....he should have cashed in the money in the bank, i was literally screaming at the TV for it to happen.....

I thought they had a great opportunity for Shan-o-mac to turn and join Legacy too....but the CM punk thing was much bigger...

it was right there to happen.....UGH!!!!

and seriously....Cena/Big Slow -who cares

CM Punk was right there helping put Cena on the stretcher....he should have cashed in the money in the bank, i was literally screaming at the TV for it to happen.....

I thought they had a great opportunity for Shan-o-mac to turn and join Legacy too....but the CM punk thing was much bigger...

I think WWE feels the whole "Cash in after the champ/new champ is worn out" has been over done

I would have liked him to challenge Edge at Judgement Day. Hopefully that's used as fuel... but I would have liked it much more if he turned to Edge pissed and said that was what was going to happen.

lolz I am sorry but I am going to Smackdown taping on Tuesday at MSG and I rather have Edge as my champion. I am so happy that Edge won...I know Christian won 2 but I think Swagger kill Christian in there match. I can't wait to see Jericho and Edge on Tues.

At least Cena isn't the champ. I like both former champs being taken away on stretchers. Really signifies the drama that went into those two matches.

I think WWE feels the whole "Cash in after the champ/new champ is worn out" has been over done

And WWE is correct on that mentality. I am hoping that they do not do this with Punk, as it will help establish his credibility as a Champion if he faces a fresh opponent this time.

yeah, if edge losses the title at judgement day i’ll be kinda pissed. i hate edge as much as the next guy , but lets take a look back, survivor series edge wins wwe title, next month ameregendon edge loses title, next month royal rumble edge wins wwe title, next month no way out edge loses wwe title, next hour no way out edge wins world hevey weight title, next month wrestlemania edge loses world hevey weight title, next month backlash edge wins world hevey weight title. I mean its geting old, and predictable, i knew edge would lose at no way out because if the pattern from their, but as it kept going, i mean on and off on and off, i hope it ends soon.

and cm punk had an interview on tv and said he was planning on comming out and challenging somebody for the title, and he said he might do it around judgement day.

Punk's cashing in at Judgement Day (it's in Chicago) and he's gonna lose...you can't have the MitB winner take it every year or else it becomes the gimme award.

However...Punk would get some serious ME cred if he pins Edge and wins the belt...but it would kill Edge's momentum too, especially with him being the center of the WHC game of hot potato that's been going on since No Way Out.

Eh ... while everyone is high on the idea since it is in Chicago and all ... I don't personally think that they are going to have Punk cash in there. I definitely don't think he will cash in and lose.
I guess I would not be shocked ... by I think they are going to slow down the title changes. The WWE Championship just changed hands 5 times in a year and the World Heavyweight Championship changed hands for the NINTH time in that same time frame. They need to slow them down for some stability. I would guess that Orton and Edge both retain until at least SummerSlam ... but this is the WWE, who the hell knows what they are thinking.

He couldn't have cashed it. Edge already won the title.

He couldn't have cashed it. Edge already won the title.

Actually yes CM Punk could of cash in his MITB, it doesnt matter that he already won the match. When Edge cash in the first MITB, Cena had a title match, he won then Edge cashed in the MITB, also the second time Edge cashed in the MITB, Undertaker had a match against Henry I think & again he cashed in after the match so history tells me otherwise, it doesnt matter if Edge had a match already or not. That's what makes the MITB exciting,most of the time you never know when they're going to cash in.

Actually yes CM Punk could of cash in his MITB, it doesnt matter that he already won the match. When Edge cash in the first MITB, Cena had a title match, he won then Edge cashed in the MITB, also the second time Edge cashed in the MITB, Undertaker had a match against Henry I think & again he cashed in after the match so history tells me otherwise, it doesnt matter if Edge had a match already or not. That's what makes the MITB exciting,most of the time you never know when they're going to cash in.

You're thinking about that Undertaker/Batista steel cage match on Smackdown. After it was considered a draw, then Mark Henry came and beat up the Undertaker. I suppose it was scripted like that because if Henry hadn't done what he did, would Edge still have cashed it in?

I thimk that cm punk should have pushed edge over the top then pinned him or pinned cena if anything. Although I would have been so pissed. Cena is the best

And plus why would punk pin cena if edge just won the title. That makes no sense. Plus punk already had a match. Also wasent his match with kane supposed to be for the breifcase?

I hope they don't do the cash & run method that has been done just about everytime with the MITB. I hope they set up a fued with Edge & CM Punk. Have him open up SmackDown by saying he is going to challenge Edge for the World Heavyweight Championship at Judgment Day in Chicago. I think they could have a fantastic match. Have Edge sneak out a victory and CM Punk get a rematch at Extreme Rules. Make this a good fued to help build Punk to the Main Event scene.

So, erm, Punk should have cashed in against Cena, who wasn't actually world heavyweight champion? He's not too bright, but I don't think he's that dumb.

The only way that could of worked is if Punk pinned cena between the 10 count, like if punk came down when the count was 5 and pinned cena before edge could seal the deal.

I'm glad it didn't though, I would like to see the MITB booked differently this time around, outside of when RVD had the MITB briefcase it has happened the exact same way every time (A superstar picking up an easy title win when the champ is beaten to a pulp). I understand why you would use a MITB when your opponent is beaten for you, but that doesn't mean it's not lazy booking, mix it up a little bit so it's not so obvious how it will all go down.

So, erm, Punk should have cashed in against Cena, who wasn't actually world heavyweight champion? He's not too bright, but I don't think he's that dumb.

everyone is meaning that he should have cashed it in on Edge after he won...... Edge was barely able to stand for 10 seconds which means it would have been very easy to pin him for 3.

No, CM PUNK is not THAT dumb....?

You know some thing , wwe just destroyed cm punk for me .
seriously making him lose to kane , WTF are you thinking wwe ?
seriously , you do not want punk to be a credible champion nor you want to turn him heel because of the kids !!. So why do you make him win 2 MITB , WHC,ECW belt, IC belt , Tag team belt just so he can keep losing and jobbing !! this makes no since I am rely sure this time CM punk will lose his mitb or his title match and for some reason in my opinion wwe is only keeping punk just so they can keep him away from TNA and ROH , I swear CM Punk is the next big thing wwe dropped the ball with him BIG TIME !!! :shit:

It's a very good point if they wanted to make Punk heel instantly. The fans would despise Punk for pinning a guy on a stretcher and every face in the company would call him a coward, they could do his ROH Straight Edge Heel gimmick.

But they don't want that, they want him to get over as a main event face... yet they job him out to main eventers. He utterly dominates the mid-card but the moment they toss him in against Kane, Edge, Jericho, Batista he gets his ass handed to him. I just think they should make their mind up with Punk, if they don't want him to be a main eventer in the next year or so that's fine, but stop teasing it and then making him look awful.

I agree he can't pin a worn out champion because it'll make his reign look weak before it even starts, and that'd be two bad reigns after two Money In The Banks and that'll ruin the prize. If they want to get him over, have him cash it in against Edge at Judgement Day and lose, but give him the fight of his life. Kick out of the Spear, survive the sharpshooter/Edgecator, kick out of the Edgecution, still not get done in by Edge's underhanded tactics but eventually just have nothing left and fall. A good long match where he refuses to die will get him over without having to have Edge flip-flop the belt every god damn month or hurt his momentum.

Cena had lost the title to Edge. How could CM Punk cash it in against Cena when he was no longer the champion? I may have misunderstood the post but I got the impression you said for Punk to pin Cena, which couldnt happen as he was no longer champion.

How is Punk supposed to cash in MITB and pin Cena? He lost the match making Edge the World Heavyweight Champion and from what I saw on YouTube (not the best quality), Egde had bolted out of there as soon as Show had Cena in the air.

You could cash it in that night and try to add the stipulation that count-outs and DQ's result in a title change I guess but I really don't see how that would help Punk in any way shape or form.

to the last 2 posts......Did you guys watch Backlash....

I know....he was right there....Edge was on the ramp the whole time just standing there then on his knees with the belt the entire time....

Punk should have grabbed the mic and said I'm cashing the MITB right now on edge....and win it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back