• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

UFC on Fox 1: JDS vs. Cain Velasquez

Am I the only one who laughed at quick title changes? Do you all realize that Cain Velasquez held on to the UFC Heavyweight Championship for 13 MONTHS?

That's hardly a quick title change. Since then, the WWE belt has changed likely 20 times.
But he didn't even successfully defend it once. So it's a fair statement.

I like the fact that there are quick title changes in the Heavyweight Division the last couple of years. It just goes to show how truly great Fedor was.

I'm positive the same will happen when the Klitschkos retire and we don't see one dominate heavyweight in boxing for years, and then people will finally start to realize how great they were.

I like the fact that there are quick title changes in the Heavyweight Division the last couple of years. It just goes to show how truly great Fedor was.

I'm positive the same will happen when the Klitschkos retire and we don't see one dominate heavyweight in boxing for years, and then people will finally start to realize how great they were.

How many times did Fedor defend his belt? Not trying to sound condescending but on Wikipedia it says he only defended it like 3 times? And to be fair, most top heavyweights would cream some of the competition Fedor has faced, it's not like he fought top guys on a regular basis. Regardless what he did was amazing.

How many times did Fedor defend his belt? Not trying to sound condescending but on Wikipedia it says he only defended it like 3 times? And to be fair, most top heavyweights would cream some of the competition Fedor has faced, it's not like he fought top guys on a regular basis. Regardless what he did was amazing.

Fedor won the title in 2003, and held on to it until the company ended in 2006. Throughout that time he had 15 fights, and won every single won of them. The championship wasn't defended in all of them, but he stayed active nonetheless (unlike UFC Champions, who only fight twice a year if we're lucky, with the exception of Jon Jones who has been a great champion to this point), and he kept winning.

And when he fought Big Nog (all 3 times) and Cro Cop, they were ranked as the 2nd best Heavyweight in the World. Everyone else he faced, while not necessarily the cream of the crop, were still coming off wins. And to make it more impressive, the two dominant Heavyweight Champions in the UFC during Fedor's reign, Fedor would go on to destroy the both of them just as they left the UFC to show that he truly was the greatest Heavyweight around from 2000-2009. That's close to a ten year dominant reign. Think about that for a second. And to top it off, not one of those fights ended up being boring or a letdown. With Fedor you ALWAYS got a vastly entertaining fight, and a top notch performance. There will never be another run like it.

Fedor won the title in 2003, and held on to it until the company ended in 2006. Throughout that time he had 15 fights, and won every single won of them. The championship wasn't defended in all of them, but he stayed active nonetheless (unlike UFC Champions, who only fight twice a year if we're lucky, with the exception of Jon Jones who has been a great champion to this point), and he kept winning.

And when he fought Big Nog (all 3 times) and Cro Cop, they were ranked as the 2nd best Heavyweight in the World. Everyone else he faced, while not necessarily the cream of the crop, were still coming off wins. And to make it more impressive, the two dominant Heavyweight Champions in the UFC during Fedor's reign, Fedor would go on to destroy the both of them just as they left the UFC to show that he truly was the greatest Heavyweight around from 2000-2009. That's close to a ten year dominant reign. Think about that for a second. And to top it off, not one of those fights ended up being boring or a letdown. With Fedor you ALWAYS got a vastly entertaining fight, and a top notch performance. There will never be another run like it.

I disagree on the on the last part. Anderson's run is much better IMO.

I disagree on the on the last part. Anderson's run is much better IMO.

Nah, Anderson's fought a few mediocre guys (Leites, Cote, Maia, Marquardt, Okami, Irvin, etc.) and he's been in a couple of awful fights during this time as well.

Not taking anything away from Anderson, he's great and I'm a big fan of his, but he will need to beat Chael more decisively (which I think he will) and then move up to Light Heavyweight and win there before I start to putting his run in the same breath as Fedor's.

Reactions: X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back