UFC 156 - Aldo vs. Edgar

Lots of people on Twitter complaining about all the fights going full rounds and the lack of real decisions. Big difference between the main event going five rounds with both guys trying to destroy the other, than the last fight where they played patty cake and bitched out for 3 rounds.

Fuck Frankie, im glad it was a unanimous. Now maybe we can see someboidy else in a title fight for a change.

Lots of people on Twitter complaining about all the fights going full rounds and the lack of real decisions. Big difference between the main event going five rounds with both guys trying to destroy the other, than the last fight where they played patty cake and bitched out for 3 rounds.

I can't stand those who complain when a fight goes the distance and those who complain when the fight goes to the ground, when those who complain clearly don't appreciate the sport.

People complain about fights going to decision way too often. Roughly half of all UFC fights go the distance, and when you think of some of the greatest fights in MMA history, they go the distance. Both fights between Griffin and Bonnar, Liddell/Wanderlei, Cro Cop/Fedor, Hendo/Shogun, Pettis/Bendo, Big Nog/Randy, Shogun/Lil' Nog. A decision does not automatically equal boring, and a finish doesn't mean a fight was excited. Anyone remember Mir/Cro Cop? Like Killam said, there is a huge difference between what happened in Rashad/Lil' Nog, compared to Aldo/Frankie.

I can't stand those who complain when a fight goes the distance and those who complain when the fight goes to the ground, when those who complain clearly don't appreciate the sport.

Agreed. I can understand not wanting to watch 3 rounds of that Nog fight though. When two guys are clearly not interested in fighting and dick around for 3 rounds, I will "boo" a match that goes the distance. But in general, you can't win every match by KO or submission.

Are there any Ultimate Fighter seasons that are worth watching? I watched the first last year, and really enjoyed it. But most of those guys aren't fighting anymore, or do so with other companies. I feel like watching UF might get me more familiar with the fighters, so these PPV's stop being so boring for me.

Any with great coaches. Tito Ortiz was a fantastic coach, and it's awesome to see fighters gravitate towards his coaching during the show. If I had to recommend one, it'd be Big Nog\Mir. Lot of high level fighters on the show.

Are there any Ultimate Fighter seasons that are worth watching? I watched the first last year, and really enjoyed it. But most of those guys aren't fighting anymore, or do so with other companies. I feel like watching UF might get me more familiar with the fighters, so these PPV's stop being so boring for me.

I quit watching after Season 7 or 8, I believe (and watched 10 as it happened)...the 1st season is still the best, in my opinion. Season 2 was pretty decent as well.

I consider season 5 (BJ/Jens) the best, with the Rashad/Rampage/Kimbo season behind it. Season 6 (Serra/Hughes) and season 3 (Ortiz/Shamrock) are the only other seasons I'd recommend checking out since you've already seen season 1.

I consider season 5 (BJ/Jens) the best, with the Rashad/Rampage/Kimbo season behind it. Season 6 (Serra/Hughes) and season 3 (Ortiz/Shamrock) are the only other seasons I'd recommend checking out since you've already seen season 1.

Yes, season 3 was very good too. I don't remember much about season 5, except I believe where there was a moment where Dana White had to tell Penn and Pulver to quit acting like children.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back