• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

UFC 140: Jones vs. Machida

INDYjon22

Nome is where your heart is
UFCPoster140JonJonesMachida.jpg

Main card
Light Heavyweight Championship bout: Jon Jones (c)
Jon+Jones+3rd+Annual+Fighters+Only+Mixed+Martial+6GmbsLkfb8Zl.jpg

vs.
Lyoto Machida
129188559768780563.jpg

Heavyweight bout: Frank Mir
330919kt.jpg

vs.
Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira
stallone-nogueira.jpg

Light Heavyweight bout: Tito Ortiz
funny-tito-poster.jpg

vs.
Antônio Rogério Nogueira
susumu05.jpg

•Welterweight bout: Claude Patrick vs. Brian Ebersole
•Featherweight bout: Mark Hominick vs. Chan Sung Jung

Preliminary card (Ion Television)
•Light Heavyweight bout: Krzysztof Soszynski vs. Igor Pokrajac
•Middleweight bout: Jared Hamman vs. Constantinos Philippou
•Lightweight bout: John Makdessi vs. Dennis Hallman
•Bantamweight bout: Yves Jabouin vs. Walel Watson

Preliminary card (Facebook)
•Lightweight bout: Mark Bocek vs. Nik Lentz
•Welterweight bout: Rich Attonito vs. Jake Hecht
•Lightweight bout: Mitch Clarke vs. John Cholish

Jon Jones faces the biggest test of his career tonight in the always dangerous Lyoto Machida. Long arms vs. counter striking, should be a fun fight to watch. In addition, both Nogueira brothers are in action against a douche bag and a former douche bag. Will Big Nog get revenge? Will Lil' Nog get back to winning? Will Frank Mir act like a douche bag? Is The People's Champion copyrighted by the Rock? Learn the answers and more tonight at UFC 140.

UFC Light Heavyweight Championship

Jon Jones (14-1)

jonjonessnowballkinghah.png

VS

Lyoto Machida (17-2)

Machida-v-Couture-UFC-129_9780.jpg

Prediction: Jones will look to clinch and take this fight to the ground, and it's inevitable that it will happen, given his freakish reach advantage. Jones will likely ragdoll Machida to the ground and take a TKO victory.

Heavyweight Bout

Frank Mir (15-5)

frank_mir_interview_d.jpg

VS

Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira (33-6-1, 1 NC)

Qv88E.jpg

Prediction: Frank Mir destroyed Nogueira the last time they fought. Nog was coming off having a staph infection. Despite Nog looking good against Brendan Schaub, Schaub isn't that good of a fighter, and Mir is coming off a win against Roy Nelson where he looked fantastic. Mir is likely going to find Nogueira's chin again, and possibly knock him into retirement.

Light Heavyweight Bout

Tito Ortiz (16-9-1)

tito_ortiz_chuck_liddell_pi.jpg

VS.

Antonio Rogerio Nogueira (19-5)

oKPiJ.png

Prediction: Little Nog cannot handle fighters with a wrestling background. We could be seeing vintage Tito here... as he ground and pounds his way to a decision victory.

Bruised rib at least. Might be broken. Incredible heart by Tito to even try and stay in it.

Anybody else think that Jared Hamman looks a bit like Will Ferrell with a mustache? He looks more like a mailman than a fighter haha, but he does have an amazing chin. Philippou is good though. His stand up will get him places, he has a lot of power.

Anyone else besides me hoping that Mir wrecks Big Nog again?

These guys are probably the two best BJJ artists at HW in the ufc. It would be very interesting to see who would gain the advantage when/if the fights hits the ground.

There's the answer to my question. I really hope Mir gets at least a contender fight next; that was BJJ at its absolute finest right there. Great fight, and that snapped arm was completely nasty. Great fight and the main event is up next.!

Apparently Machida lost. I saw that coming a mile away. Jones beat the hell out of Shogun who knocked the fuck out of Machida. Somehow I was expecting Jones to do much the same. I wonder who's next for him.

Top to bottom, that was a pretty amazing card. I thought Jones literally killed Machida for a second at first. Jones showed that he certainly can take a shot, which was pretty much the last question that had to be answered about Jones, and he showed that he can be resilient after facing some sort of adversity.

That being said, I still really want to see Jones vs. Hendo, because I think Hendo poses some interesting challenges for him.

I dont see how anybody thinks this, however im on my phone and cannot debate so im interested to see what skills you believe Hendo possesses to trouble Jones.

Well Shogun and Dragon are both primarily strikers, Hendo is an olympic level wrestler. That different style may lead to a different outcome. [/MMANOOB]

Good card. Sad to see Tito and Big Nog lose. I don't think his arm is broken though. I looked more like a pop then a snap, so that makes me think it was dislocated. Hopefully, I am right and it isn't something serious like a broke arm. Jones is amazing. Top 3 in the world, arguably top 2.

Well Shogun and Dragon are both primarily strikers, Hendo is an olympic level wrestler. That different style may lead to a different outcome. [/MMANOOB]

I'm not going to say everything I want to considering you are new to MMA, but I will say go watch Jake Shields vs Dan Henderson. Despite having olympic level wrestling, it has translated terribly into MMA. He has subpar TDD and virtually no Takedowns. Throw in the fact that he has absolutely no gas tank and incredibly predictable striking and I just don't see it happening. Jones has proven that being a high level wrestler is not the way to beat him.

Hendo's won four of his last five with his "predictable striking", and he just about KO'ed Jake Shields a whole bunch in the first round of their fight. He can certainly close the distance and time a BRH. Jones got rocked by Machida. I would love to see Hendo test Jones' chin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back