• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

UFC 128 LD is The Pinnacle of Jon Jones Ruining Rashad Evans' Life

so much for the idea of jmt not showing up. He's here now.

And Rogan made a good point about Evans being the 1 guy who might know Jones weakness, being his friend/sparring partner. That might be his only chance.

What weakness? The guy hasn't shown one yet. Evans will just try and take it to the ground, and Jones will stuff the shit out of them.

What weakness? The guy hasn't shown one yet. Evans will just try and take it to the ground, and Jones will stuff the shit out of them.
I'm not saying he's shown a weakness during a fight, or anything like that. I'm saying that IF there's a weakness, Evans would likely know about it, since they have worked together extensively. And again, even if Evans knows of such a weakness that doesn't mean he would be able to exploit it.

I don't see Jones losing this next fight (and if he fights like he did tonight, I don't see him losing for years), but Evans stands a slight chance because of his familiarity with the young man.

Very upset to hear about Marshall's loss. Also, seeing CC get KO'ed by Schaub was awful to watch. I am definitely no longer a fan of Schaub because I feel that that final punch was completely unnecessary and dirty. Impressive win regardless. Miller, Faber, and Marquardt all won just like I thought they would. And man oh man was Jones impressive. Shogun just did not look good at all. He was sluggish and looked out of shape. I guess knee surgery and recovery will do that. Major props to Jones, he is one hell of a monster and will be awful for anyone to fight.

I'm not saying he's shown a weakness during a fight, or anything like that. I'm saying that IF there's a weakness, Evans would likely know about it, since they have worked together extensively. And again, even if Evans knows of such a weakness that doesn't mean he would be able to exploit it.

I don't see Jones losing this next fight (and if he fights like he did tonight, I don't see him losing for years), but Evans stands a slight chance because of his familiarity with the young man.

I knew what you meant. Just stating that he hasn't shown one yet. I really believe he doesn't have one, excellent striking, great TD's and TDD, great worker on the ground. He really has it all.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
He may very well go down as the greatest LHW fighter ever. Yeah, it's still early to say that, but after tonight's performance he is showing he is the best right now.

I have liked Jones since he burst on the seen, and like most others I knew he would be special and a champion one day. But damn, I just didn't think it'd be so soon. The man is like a bigger, faster, stronger Anderson Silva. The only way he loses right now is if he doesn't show up or gets overconfident and beats himself.

Jones is officially my favorite fighter.

Was there no postfight news conference? The sherdog link is now completely gone and the one Guy linked never worked.

Fuck seeing GSP/Silva - Jones/Silva is the new dream match up.

Chael Sonnen vs. Jon Jones would be fun as well.

I think Chael's the only person who can make 205 that stands a chance of ever taking Jones down. Rashad, as mentioned, might know a weakness, but at the same time, Jones has to know all of Rashad's weaknesses as well, so they cancel each other out in that aspect and the better man would simply win, which is undoubtedly Jones, especially against a Rashad Evans with this much time away from the game.

I've been on the Jones hype train since day one. That being said, EVERY fighter has a weakness. To say otherwise is foolish. Even Fedor had them.

I'll change my sig to anything you want JMT if Shields beats GSP lol. I'm with you ITGG, i've got GSP winning this handily.

Am I the only one not ready to crown Jones yet? We where all saying the same shit about Machida when he dismantled Rashad and look where he's at now.

Reality is I didn't see the killer instinct I expect in Jones. He had Shogun rocked NUMEROUS times and refused to go after him. The kidney shot was nice, but it's not what did Shogun in. Shogun was just done. Shogun also looked like he was completely lost. Maybe it was ring rust (which I wouldn't doubt) or maybe its just the length advantage. Whatever it was, that's not the Shogun people expected to see.

I think Jones is gonna be good, I actually kinda like him now, but I am by no means ready to crown him yet.

Am I the only one not ready to crown Jones yet? We where all saying the same shit about Machida when he dismantled Rashad and look where he's at now.

Reality is I didn't see the killer instinct I expect in Jones. He had Shogun rocked NUMEROUS times and refused to go after him. The kidney shot was nice, but it's not what did Shogun in. Shogun was just done. Shogun also looked like he was completely lost. Maybe it was ring rust (which I wouldn't doubt) or maybe its just the length advantage. Whatever it was, that's not the Shogun people expected to see.

I think Jones is gonna be good, I actually kinda like him now, but I am by no means ready to crown him yet.

You're kidding, right? I'm curious as to your reasoning. Machida isn't the explosive fighter that Jones is.

You need only look at my AV for my stance on Machida.

Jones not closing in the first is a sign of maturity. He knew he was winning and showed the patience and maturity of a fighter that's around 28-29. He didn't try to close range when he knew that Shogun was a broken and battered man.

I think you need to realize that Shogun just got dismantled. It wasn't so much that Shogun was dealing with a layoff as much as he faced a fighter that was just so dominant it made him look bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back