• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

UFC 111 LD: We've Got Classy Guys vs. Douchebags

Turd Ferguson

DA-DA Da Da Da Bah Da Da DADADA
5dmno9.jpg

YOUR MAIN EVENTS:

Welterweight Championship:

Georges St. Pierre (19-2)

georges_st_pierre3-610x406.jpg

VS.

Dan Hardy (23-6, 1 NC)

l_94510a5167cc47ee93f53bae5d1932e8.jpg

Interim Heavyweight Championship:

Frank Mir (13-4)

Frankie1.jpg

VS.

Shane Carwin (11-0)

2wgda8j.gif

The Rest Of The Main card

• Welterweight bout: Jon Fitch vs. Ben Saunders
  • Lightweight bout: Jim Miller vs. Mark Bocek
  • Lightweight bout: Kurt Pellegrino vs. Fabricio Camoes

Preliminary Card (Spike TV)

• Welterweight bout: Nate Diaz vs. Rory Markham
  • Welterweight bout: Ricardo Almeida vs. Matt Brown

This is easily the best card the UFC has put out since UFC 100 and 101. Both title fights promise to be awesome fights, and Fitch/Saunders and Miller/Bocek should both be real good fights. Kurt Pellegrino is actually the cousin of Mark Pellegrino, who plays Jacob on Lost. The Spike TV bouts are also good fights.

Unlike Strikeforce, the UFC will show preliminary bouts if there is time to fill. Don't spoil the preliminary fights! Also, this is a PPV card, so do not ask for streams!

I can't wait for GSP to dominate Dan Hardy, who like all British fighters, is unnecessarily arrogant and cocky. There's nothing I'd love to see more than for GSP to destroy Dan Hardy, and considering Hardy has basically no ground game, he should take him down at will and fire away.

Rest assured, nothing like this will happen:

2ltmqzo.jpg

Carwin/Mir is going to be ridiculously tough to call, but Mir is a sure thing and one of the most well rounded fighters in the UFC. Carwin is a relative unknown still. We know he has knockout power, but there are so many other unknown variables still with him. None of his fights have gone past the halfway point of round one, which is most certainly nothing to sneeze at. He finishes guys, and he's demonstrated in each fight he can destroy them.

Let's get some predictions going:

GSP - Strikes (This won't go any later than Round 3)
Mir - Sub Hold
Fitch - Decision
Miller - Decision
Diaz - Sub Hold
Almeida - Sub Hold

God what I wouldn't give to have someone to go to Buffalo Wild Wings with to watch these fights. They're going to be so great, but I don't feel like sitting by myself for 5 or 6 hours (3 hours for the fights, plus the 2 or 3 that guarantees me a seat).

Fuck! That's right! I think they're showing at one around here!

Now I just have to decide if I want to go to a movie theater to watch the show...the lack of wings REALLY makes it tough...

Of course the other option is to just buy it in HD...my Charter box is saying it's $45...which seems weird to me, but that's what it says...

Shit, looks like a stacked card, and with no Kids or woman in the house tonight, I'm awfully tempted to buy it, alas fucking Wrestlemania is tomorrow.

Anyways, of the two matches I know anything about, I hope GSP knocks Hardy out in about 10 seconds. Hardy has simply come off as an obnoxious twat from what I've seen out of him on Spike.

I'm hoping Carwin knocks out Mir too. I don't mind Mir, but I really don't want to see him get his ass whooped again by Lesnar. Carwin is a fucking monster, and I love the knockout power he brings.

$45 in HD is a relative steal. Verizon charges $55 for all HD events here. I think WM is actually $65 in HD for tomorrow.

$45 in HD is a relative steal. Verizon charges $55 for all HD events here. I think WM is actually $65 in HD for tomorrow.

I know it is...I'm leery of that price, since they're offering both the SD and HD for $45...but even if it was $55...

Fuck, I just don't know. Here's the thing...I'm about to buy a house...so, money may be kind of tight...and while $45-$55 isn't that much when compared to the cost of a home, every little bit helps.

Oh, Brock will be at the event tonight.

I'm sure that if Mir wins, nothing other than a handshake and well-wishes between the two will take place after the fight.

So wait, are we or are we not allowed
to discuss the prelims going on at 9 on Spike?

My brother and I got nachos and cheese for this occasion.

Of course, we ate like Matt Hardy and got Fettuccine Alfredo and Garlic Bread for dinner... so it remains to be seen if we actually eat them.

My brother and I got nachos and cheese for this occasion.

Of course, we ate like Matt Hardy and got Fettuccine Alfredo and Garlic Bread for dinner... so it remains to be seen if we actually eat them.
Best thing ever, cheesesteak with garlic bread instead of the normal bread.

I'm like 20 minutes from Prudential Center. Too bad tickets were gone before I had a chance to think about buying them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back