UFC 108 LD - The Show Must Go On!

Turd Ferguson

DA-DA Da Da Da Bah Da Da DADADA
UFC108poster.jpg

This is pretty much the most fucked card in UFC History.

I'll let Wiki do the talking here.

Background

The card has been plagued with numerous injuries - the most injuries per card in UFC history - with multiple potential fights being called off as a result.

A proposed main event featured UFC Middleweight Champion Anderson Silva facing off against former UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Vitor Belfort. However, it was announced by Silva's manager Ed Soares that the fight will not happen at UFC 108 because Silva will not be fully healed from elbow surgery.

A bout between Brock Lesnar and Shane Carwin for the UFC Heavyweight Championship was rescheduled from UFC 106 to UFC 108, but this fight will not take place due to a continuing illness of Lesnar.

The winner of a bout between Antônio Rodrigo Nogueira and Cain Velasquez was to be guaranteed a title shot for the UFC Heavyweight Championship against the eventual winner of Lesnar vs. Carwin. The planned bout was later scrapped when Nogueira was forced to pull out of the fight due to a severe case of staph infection. A possible Velasquez vs. Carwin match for an interim belt has been ruled out as a new main event due to Carwin undergoing knee surgery, although the fight may take place at a later date.. The Nogueria/Velasquez bout is scheduled for February 21, 2010 at UFC 110.

Gabriel Gonzaga was forced to pull out of his bout with Junior dos Santos on November 25, due to illness. Gonzaga was replaced by Gilbert Yvel

Paul Daley was scheduled to face Carlos Condit but on December 9, it was announced that Condit had pulled out due to injury. Condit was replaced by Dustin Hazelett.

On December 11, Tyson Griffin pulled out of his bout with Jim Miller, citing an injury. Sean Sherk, who originally had a fight with Rafaello Oliveira, stepped as up as Griffin's replacement. However, on December 17, Sherk pulled out of the fight, Duane Ludwig replaced Sherk.

Martin Kampmann vs. Rory Markham was also called off days later after a knee injury. On December 14 it was announced that Jacob Volkmann would be replacing Markham. Volkmann is coming off short rest after last fighting at UFC 106.

On December 29, it was announced that Steve Cantwell had pulled out of his scheduled bout with Vladimir Matyushenko. Since there was no time to find a suitable replacement for Matyushenko, the bout was called off.

Main card

• Light Heavyweight bout: Rashad Evans vs. Thiago Silva
  • Welterweight bout: Paul Daley vs. Dustin Hazelett
  • Lightweight bout: Joe Lauzon vs. Sam Stout
  • Lightweight bout: Jim Miller vs. Duane Ludwig
  • Heavyweight bout: Junior dos Santos vs. Gilbert Yvel

Spike TV Card

• Welterweight bout: Martin Kampmann vs. Jacob Volkmann
  • Lightweight bout: Cole Miller vs. Dan Lauzon

Seriously, try to do everything you can to watch this card tonight. Most of the time, the cards that on paper are not that good wind up being some of the best. Obviously I can't give out links to streams here, and it is not okay to ask for a link.

But, two preliminary fights are going to be shown on Spike, and they should be very good. As usual, they start at 9:00 EST.

But Dos Santos/Yvel should end in a brutal knockout, Jim Miller is quickly becoming one of the best in his division, Lauzon/Stout is going to be a great fight between two future top contenders for the Lightweight Title, and Daley/Hazelett should be Fight of the Night. The Main Event is very intriguing as well. Both Evans and Silva have lost only once.

I know I'll be here at 9, and I hope the rest of you join me.

Dude, I am stoked for this card. I think the injury ravaged line up will still deliver some nice fights.

If I wasn't working early tomorrow, I would so be here. However, the card looks really bad and it's not worth feeling tired for tomorrow. That being said, I hope Evans wins.

I find him to be an ass, however he did beat the hell out of Junie Browning which is a plus in my book.

I wish I was watching this. Unfortunately, I really need to go to sleep now. Have fun guys.

Later Dave. Holy shit did Jake Ellengerger look good? Ellenberger along with Stefan Struve and Jon Jones are on my list of best up and comers.

I'm pretty indifferent to Kampmann. He's not bad, he's not too good either.

Volkmann's probably getting cut.

Yeah, Volmann actually has a lot of potential but losing two straight in the UFC is pretty much a death sentence for a new fighter. Kampmann is a good fighter but I just don't like him.

Well since the Forum is exploding at X I'm going to sit in here and pretend like I'm watching

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back