• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Two Things I have noticed

BOSS Productions

Pre-Show Stalwart
Two things I have noticed this Monday Night is one finally MVP has a new attire sleeveless that's great but now the more important thing Batista moving to SmackDown. Now before everyone starts dissing Batista for random reasons I just want to know your thoughts on his move to SD will it be a good thing or will he just be blocking the way for younger superstars from reaching for that brass ring.My personal opinion is he did better on SD than he did on RAW and I loved his first world title run and I think it is a good thing to a certain point.SmackDown is building their superstars but lacks main event players so Batista should stay on SD until Edge returns then he should either retire or go back to RAW.Also what feuds do you think he will have their I don't think he will be pushed into the World Title picture with this great feud with Taker and Punk going so answer the following questions and post your thoughts.

Also this topic has not been done yet.

dude who really wants to see batista on Raw again? him vs the smackdown superstars is something fresh and edge being injured is a big blow to smackdown too..he can pretty much feud wit whoever he wants..Ziggler pissin off batista is something that never gets old but its gonna be a challenge as far as creative feuds is concerned..u ask a great question, i dunno why but i wish r-truth was a heel cause something about him vs batista stands out for me..Or..we can have batista turn heel...??

I think moving Batista over to SmackDown makes a ton of sense. There's no need for him on Raw (and everyone would complain about Batista/Orton v. 345 anyway). SmackDown has a serious lack of face ME talent...As in, you got the Undertaker and that's about it. John Morrison is moving along nicely, but I think we'll see him chilling with the IC Division for a while now. Rey Rey won't be ME material when he comes back, as guys who piss Vince off have a hard time going anywhere but down on the ladder. I'm not saying Mysterio is totally screwed, but he's not gonna come back and fill that void in the ME scene. My only question is who do you start Batista off with over there? Punk is in use, and there's not a whole lot of ME level heel talent either.

Ideas for who gets a heaping portion of the Animal on Friday nights?

My memory isnt good with Batista fueds mainly because when he was injured he was fighting randy orton. I would like to see him fued with Kane on smackdown. I think Kane deserves better that a giant that cant move around. I am sure Batista and Kane have fueded in the past but out of all the smackdown superstars i think he makes the best candidate. Thoughts?

i think they should do batista, kane, punk, undertaker, morrison, and jericho do a quick feud and have a hell in the cell match, but i think kane and batista would be a good feud

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing Batista feud w/ Jericho and The Big Show. This would be another shot in the arm to WWE's attempt to put viable Tag Teams out there, and regardless of whether or not Batista ever gets a partner, I wouldn't mind seeing the back and forth of Jericho's mouth, Big Show's dominance & Batista's physical presence (By the Way, Batista's new tattoos fucking rock).

Honestly, Batista doesn't need to be rushed into the WHC Picture simply because Punk-Undertaker has a lot of potential and I don't see very many limits as to how far this thing goes. Starting him off feuding w/ two other established pros like Jericho and Show would be a great way to get him his in-ring time while he sheds the ring rust and keeps him out of way of the title picture, for now.

Also, just to clarify, Batista feuded w/ Kane briefly on Raw after Kane cost him the title vs. Punk last summer. It was stale and lacked a real conclusion, as most Kane feuds do (and I'm a Kane fan, for all you Kane marks out there).

Well, Batista moving to Smackdown is something many saw coming. The lack of ME talent on SD is a big reason for the move. In regards to wether it's a good move or not? Yes and no.

I think it's good to have him move, as boing as he is/can be he is ME caliber wether we like it or not and he can draw so in that regards it is a good thing to have him on SD where there isn't many main eventers.

I also hate the idea though. I've been loving SD the last month or 2 and it has clearly become the standout show for me and I'm somewhat worried Batista will come in and bore the show down. I mean, I hope he isn't pushed into the world title scene. Punk/Batista last year was horendous and no one wants to see it again and him and Taker will take away Punk's momentum.

I guess the move makes sense, so long as Batista doesn't jump back into the title scene right away.

Haha, I know. I wouldn't be surprised if it was Batista/Undertaker/Punk at Hell in a Cell for the WHC.

We'll see what happens on SD.

Ok I have been reading peoples thoughts on what will happen with big Dave... I have seen the comments of whom he might fued with and who we do & dont want to see him fued with.... We even have comments on him fueding with Showicho...

This what I am thinking, with the demise of Miz & Morrison and DX only being a short term attraction to help gate & ratings #'s WWE is in serious need of tag teams...

We only have like 5 established teams... Cryme Tyme, Hart Dynasty, Jackslov, Legacy, & Showicho...

Cryme Tyme keeps getting their asses handed to them on a weekly basis, as does Lagacy, & the Dynasty...

It seems the only 2 teams winning consistantly & showing any dominance is Showicho & Jackslov...

So here our my thoughts on Batista, since he is injury prone and also over with the fans & pretty decent on the mic I could see him teaming up with an up & comer as kinda like a mentor...

That gives WWE another solid team, it puts Batista in some form of the title picture (just not the WWE or World) and it gives him a partner to handle most of the work load to prevent more injurys...

And pretty much anyone WWE pairs up with him will be instant competition to Showicho and Jackslov...

Who wouldn't love to see Ezekeal & Batista lock up???.... Kozlov & Batista isn't that exciting of a thought anymor because of the way Koslov was being buried the last year until e got put into a team with Big Zeke...

Thoughts on this???

So here our my thoughts on Batista, since he is injury prone and also over with the fans & pretty decent on the mic I could see him teaming up with an up & comer as kinda like a mentor...

That gives WWE another solid team, it puts Batista in some form of the title picture (just not the WWE or World)...

Totally agree. To see Batista come straight in with a programme with Taker and Punk would be a real shame. The idea of him being a mentor is perfect as it allows him tv time, a small amount of ring time, eventually leading to a part time schedule ala Taker/HBK.

Never been a big fan of big Dave's in ring work anyway but at least Batista fans will still have something to cheer about. Perhaps having him mentor Morrison would put him over more with the fans and also bring more credibility to the IC title.

Well, God help us all, but I think if we are honest with ourselves, Batista WILL jump right into the title picture on Smackdown. Whoever comes out of the HIAC PPV as champion will be facing Batista. It would take a heel turn to face Taker, but I could see that happening.

I really like the idea of pairing him up with somebody and going after Jericho and Big Show, but as I look at the SD roster, I see very little possibility...

Morrison? Please don't. Let John continue on his path, however long it may be, to becoming a singles superstar. The IC belt has more credibility than it has in a long time, and they need to keep that up.

Matt Hardy? Now, I can see that happening. Not saying I'd like it, but I can see it. Wish they would leave Matt on his own as well.

Khali? Again, I can see this happening, but it makes me shudder. They seem to love just throwing people together for the tag division. Given the altercation between Khali and Show backstage recently, they may not want to put them in the ring together.

Mysterio? I think this is most likely when Rey gets back from his little "vacation." They have a history together, and no matter how pissed Vince is with Rey Rey, he moves merchandise. He won't be buried on his return.

One thing I would consider is moving Shelton Benjamin from ECW to be Big Dave's partner. He has enough in ring skills for both of them, and is apparently a face again. Make him dye his hair black again, and the Benjamin-Jericho segment of tag title matches could be epic. Not because he dyed his hair back, just make him do it because it looks super silly right now.

Sadly, I think he's being moved because there are no top level faces besides Taker on SD. So, like I said, like it or not, Batista's next stop likely involves title matches.

I'm def glad Batista is back on SmackDown! The brand was in dire need of face main event level talent. There's nobody after Undertaker and Batista's best time in the WWE was on SmackDown! Rey isn't going to be in the main event after he comes back and Morrison should be Intercontinental Champion for a little while. Batista vs Kane would be nice to see and a potential Batista/Rey vs Big Show/Jericho could happen. He could also face off against Knox or Ziggler. He def doen't need to be in the World Title picture with the Punk/Undertaker feud gaining momentum.

In terms of MVP's new attire, i think it looks great. Always knew he had an impressive physique and thought the long sleeves mad him look more bloated. The no-sleeve attire xposes his arms and provides him with a tad more intimidation.

Batista to Smackdown is Fresh. Although Im not totally all for it im not totally against it. Smackdown has been great lately, with CM Punk being my fav at the moment. If Batista does get thrown into title contention (bound to happen sooner or later), we all know that Batista aint gonna be around for too much longer. I read here on WrestleZone somewhere not too long ago that Batista has been promised another title reign and McMahon is high on him.

If this does happen, I hope it doesn't anytime soon because Smackdown is great at the moment and Im not ready for another Batista title reign.

ON A SIDE NOTE! THIS should be somewhere else but WHY is Michael Cole all of a sudden using LOOK IT LOOK IT a lot more lately? Its fucking annoying. LOOK ETT LOOK ETT.

I would like to see Batista interfere somehow with the Taker/Punk match at the PPV, and then Batista turn heel and spear Taker (keep in mind, they have a history). This would allow Punk to "win" over Taker and keep the strap, it would then put Batista/Taker back in a mini feud and would turn Batista heel in the process (something i think he should of done a long time ago). Then have a small 3-way feud with Taker/Batista/Punk for the title, in which Punk could win again. I think this would solidify Punks title reign and give Batista a good segway into Smackdown.

i dont see where this is going really...while smackdown needs another main eventer...they need 2, because now they have 3 main eventers taker batista both faces and punk a heel.

jericho isnt going to be free'd up for a while im thinknig with the tag title situation, so who does batista feud with? id love him to turn heel and feud with taker, but then that leaves no opponent for cm punk to face. equally if they have mr ziggles feud with batista straight away whos going to challenge JoMo for the ic title?

i think its going to be kane vs batista for the next month or so

Personally I am not a big Batista fan but everyone knows he is a draw, like it or not. The move to SmackDown was the best thing to do with him, as long as he is used effectively. He is, or nearing 40, which means his days at the top are numbered and this is a perfect opportunity to use his 'star power' to help build others. My ideal scenario (before anyone starts bitching I'm not saying this is what will happen, it is what I would like to see happen) would be -

Dave returns to SmackDown and has a short term feud with someone like Kane until Rey returns from suspension, this is not important. He reteams with Rey to take on Jeri-Show. They won't win the belts at the PPV and Batista starts to show signs of turning heel. At the Rumble Rey eliminates Dave and the snap happens leading to Batista v Rey at Mania, a match that could be the highlight of Dave's career. This keeps Dave out of the title picture for a long time. After demolishing Rey at Mania, he could feud with Rey's new best buddy John Morrison, a feud that will definately elevate John to full ME status, after he has lost the IC title to Ziggler after a good long feud that deserves time put into it (culminating at No Way Out with Morrison winning Money in the Bank at Mania). Meanwhile a 3 way feud between Punk, Taker and Matt Hardy will continue from Hell in a Cell until Mania (hopefully seeing Matt take the title away from them further down the line so Punk v Taker at Mania won't be for the strap - e.g triple threat match at the Rumble where Matt pins Punk to take Undertaker's title, Jericho defeats Hardy at No Way Out leading to Edge v Jericho for the WHC at Mania or Edge v Jericho v Hardy triple threat at Mania as the history there could be interesting). Sorry for going off on a tangent but hey, I think the scenario is good and maybe someone out there agrees!

As for MVP's attire I think it works and he should keep it likethat for a while, it suits him.

What should've happened last night was Batista demanding his rematch? He forfeited the title, never lost it. Everyone else has their rematch clause, why doesn't he? So that pissed me off.

Otherwise, I actually think Batista moving back to SD makes a whole hell of alot of sense. Now, there are currently two huge faces there (Taker and Batista). Batista can step into feuds with Kane, Ziggler, and Mike Knox, and have about 6-7 months worth of compelling feuds. It keeps him away from Punk/Taker, and it keeps him away from the WHT.

M.V.P.'s new attire, I like it. I especially like that Mark Henry has "W S M" on his back in similar style to MVP. I would love them to be taken seriously, and to dethrone Jerishow. Then, after a couple month reign, they drop the titles to The Hart Dynasty, and we could suddenly have a Tag Team division again.

Totally agree. To see Batista come straight in with a programme with Taker and Punk would be a real shame. The idea of him being a mentor is perfect as it allows him tv time, a small amount of ring time, eventually leading to a part time schedule ala Taker/HBK.

Never been a big fan of big Dave's in ring work anyway but at least Batista fans will still have something to cheer about. Perhaps having him mentor Morrison would put him over more with the fans and also bring more credibility to the IC title.

not only that, the program that cm punk and taker are running is great, why make batista ruin it...what i would do is let taker/punk run its course for a while, then afterwards have batista feud with whomever the champ is in the end, hopefully punk (and hear me out)...Do you guys really wanna see 2007 all over again with batista and taker? Its fresh, its different, its not the same old thing run into the ground, which the WWE is notorious of doing

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back