Turning Point: Kurt Angle Match Vs. Rhino

Y 2 Jake

Slightly Autistic
Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer is reporting that Kurt Angle's Turning Point opponent will most likely be Abyss. The program between Angle and Jarrett will not be ending, however, as creative has plans to run another Jarrett/Angle match in the future, but at Turning Point Angle is expected to go one-on-one with Abyss to somehow continue the storyline with Jarrett. This is NOT confirmed, however, and remember that changes can always happen.

Not exactly sure why. Angle is feuding with Jarrett, and you'd assume Abyss' next feud would be with a tag team or Matt Morgan. But this is TNA after all, so pointless feuds are a regular occurance. If anything it'll be more intresting than another Jarrett/Angle match. I hear Jeff is the leader of the Main Event Mafia, even though Sting is the world champ, and out of all involved he's the one who's never got over as a main event wrestler.

Are TNA the champs at random feuds or what. Angle & Abyss have nothing to do with each other and now their gonna be having a feud with a PPV match? Abyss & Morgan have been built that it would be assumed they would go for the tag belts. This obviously just a way to put off the "big" Jarett and Angle rematch that will be built as the second coming of greatness. So Abyss either loses the match or wins because of DQ since their is noway they would let Angle lose cleanly, when they are trying to build the hype for Angle/Jarett feud.

Apparently this is a Falls Count Anywhere match between Kurt Angle and Abyss. These two wrestled each other on iMPACT the other week, so of course TNA has to make it a gimmick match. Who actually sees Abyss winning here? Yeah, I didn't think so either. This is just a filler feud until Jeff Jarrett eventually accepts Angle's challenge. Matt Morgan will try to interfere, but Angle will just beat him down somehow. Angle almost always gets the upper hand, especially on iMPACT.

This match wont go for longer than 10 minutes because it's only purpose is to make Kurt Angle look even more stronger than what he already does, so that people will think he has a realistic chance of beating Jarrett in their rematch which I'd assume could possibly take place at the next pay per view. Abyss just isn't that good in the ring, so Angle will have to carry him to a half decent match. Angle will win this cleanly via Ankle Lock.

First of all my protege, let me make something clear: This is not a feud. This is a filler match. There are very few true feuds in wrestling anymore. Jericho and Shawn was a feud. MEM and Next Generation is a feud. Most matches in TNA aren't parts of feuds. But I digress.

This match will be decent, but nothign else. Is anyone else wondering why this match will likely be announced AT the PPV? There's a reason for that: No one really cares, because they've been given no reason to care about it. Yes, both men are former World Champions, but that's all they have in common. They're good in the ring most of the time, but why should we want to see this match? I'll answer that: We shouldn't. There is no connection here. All that was needed to have this match make sense was have Abyss join the Next Generation guys. Then you have stable vs. stable. While that's not much, it's enough to build a match around. This match will be ok, but nothing special, as neither guy needs this match and likely won't put on anything memorable.

Typical TNA putting on random matches atleast they are not trying to pass this off as a feud i hope. No matter how much i watch tna i can never understand sometimes how they get from point A to point F. Now as everyone has said this is a filler match. And i agree with klunder about them announcing the match at the ppv cause no one probably would care. To me this seems like a bad idea if they are trying to pass Morgan and Abyss as a tag team i don't see a reason for this match up. And if anything why not put Morgan in instead of Abyss? Morgan can benefit from a good match with angle abyss has already had much success in tna. Overall probably will be decent match but really wont help to further anyone but Angle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back