• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Turn Undertaker Heel!

The Undertaker hasn't got the longevity to turn heel, nor would anyone really want to boo him, in my view. I doubt the Undertaker makes it to WrestleMania 30, and he'll only have two matches at best - one at WM 28, one at WM 29. This just doesn't give him any real time to become a believable heel, or to recover from it. Suppose he comes back after the Elimination Chamber PPV this year. How can he really become a believable heel in a few short weeks? I mean, sure, he could show up and attack Punk or a hypothetical face Jericho or something like that, but would you really but it? With only a few weeks to turn heel and build a feud, when for years the Undertaker has been billed as a transcendent figure whose heel/face alignment is superseded by his legendary aura, I just don't believe that he can really become a proper heel. If he had months to do it, maybe. However, even under those circumstances, I still don't know that it's a good idea.

For one, how many people really want to boo the Undertaker at this point? He's been overwhelmingly cheered for years now. I just can't really see the crowd turning on him no matter what he does. Furthermore, considering it won't be long before he bows out and finds himself in the Hall of Fame, I don't see the sense of this idea when he'll want to enter the Hall with all of his current prestige intact. Ultimately, I just don't feel this would be a wise decision at all, not with all the constraints surrounding it. Best to keep the Undertaker as is and continue booking him in big time WrestleMania matches for the next year or two before he finally decides to hang it up.

Honestly, I think if there were to be a tweak in Undertaker's character it would be for him to go back to the original Dead Man. His entrance, mannerisms, appearance.. they should all be very similar to what they were in 1990-1991. It's almost a certainty WrestleMania 28 will be his last match (if cleared, of course), so why not end his career the way he began it? Taker did it in 1997 when he won his first WWF Title in 6 years at WrestleMania 13.

As for turning Taker heel? At this point in his career, Taker could sacrifice 2 year olds, kick a baby in the head and take a dump on the American flag and would still be cheered as a face because he's a living legend and has been a franchise player for the past 2 decades. In sports, you will find that, more often than not, when a franchise player returns to the city in which his original team is based, he'll be cheered even though he now plays on a rival team (for an example: see Mike Modano returning to Dallas for the first time as a Detroit Red Wing). The Undertaker is no different. He's too legendary to ever be over as a heel again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back