• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Triple H,Overrated,Underated Or Just Normal?

Is HHH Overrated?

• Who Cares? HBK Is Better

• No

• A Little

• VERY!

Results are only viewable after voting.
@stall_19

Yes. I have seen all those matches. The three-way w/ Benoit and Michaels was pretty good, but that had nothing to do with Trips. The others are shrug-worthy, and against Cena at WM22 was actually awful in my opinion. We'll have to agree to disagree, I suppose.

To be the man you got to beat the man and Triple H is the man. Why are you going to let your top guy lose to everyone on the roster? Beating HHH clean right now is like winning the world title everyone that he put over career sky rocketed and made them a true maineventer. So no hhh is not over rated he is like the Ric Flair,Hulk Hogan, Undertaker, Stone Cold, and The Rock he is the elite the WWE has to offer. And I don't see him retireing any time soon he still got a few Wrestlemanieas left in him.

Not overrated at all. While Im not an HHH mark by any means, he puts alot more people over then he's given credit for. Victories over him at Wm 21 and 22 are what propelled Batista and John Cena respectively into true main event players. I know Cena had held the title twice already, but his win over HHH was really his biggest test, and he not only beat HHH, he made him tap the eff out. That was the third WM in a row he had lost, and in 2 out of 3, he tapped out.(Benoit at WM20) To me, tapping out is still the best way to put a guy over.

As for Jeff Hardy, it was HHH who really got the ball rolling on his jump from mid-card to main event level when he put Hardy over at Armageddon 2007. It wasn't a fluke win either, I was there. As for him supposedly burying Hardy, I know he beat Hardy clean several times in 08 for the WWE title. But with each loss, it made people want to see Hardy win the title even more. Sometimes the chase is almost as important as winning the title itself, and it was a fantastic moment when Hardy finally won the big one(in a triple threat match Hunter was in) at Armageddon 08.

His loss to Orton at No Mercy 07 was really what ushered in the "age of Orton". Orton didnt beat Cena for the title, he beat HHH. HHH was one of the pioneers of the attitude era, and was the leader of two of the biggest stables of all time, first DX, then Evolution. Not to mention he has great mic skills, both as a heel, and as a face. There a few that can get a crowd as energized as HHH can playing both roles, it's a short list.

I do understand those who would make the argument of him having 13 world title reigns as being overkill and him being shoved down our throats. But in order to have had 13 title reigns and NOT be the champion, youl've had to have lost the title 13 times. That's alot of guys he's put over in that time frame, most of them cleanly. If he was as selfish as purported, he wouldn't have taken the pinfall that ended his last title reign at Backlash 09, when he was RKO'd and punted. The match was set up so any of the three members of his team could have lost, and HHH would have dropped the belt. But he did it himself.

Do I think being Vince's son-in-law has helped him at all? Im sure that it has to some degree. But wouldn't any of you do the same thing if you were in his shoes? It's just human nature that if the opportunity is there, take it. But I dont think that makes him overrated, or devalues the impact he's made on sports entertainment over the past 15 years.

I put a little Overrated. I say this as a fan of Triple H as well. He is more overrated by the WWE themselves then the IWC. WWE makes him out to be the greatest thing to ever happen in wrestling. He is a great wrestler, who can work an entertaining match with just about anyone, is a great heel or face, and is excellent on the mic. Not to mention his 13 World Titles. You cannot deny that these things make him a great wrestler, but not the all-time greatest wrestler like WWE makes him out to be. When his career is over I can guarantee you at his HOF Speech they will call him the Greatest of All Time, when he is not even close. There are so many guys who are above him, Hogan, Austin, Rock, HBK, Flair, Taker. They will all be overshadowed by Triple H because of the hype WWE has built around him. Now again I'm saying this as a fan of Triple H. He is a phenomenal superstar but not the all time great like WWE tries to make us think he is.

Most of the IWC hate this guy or at the very least think he's over-rated. It's not just you. I personally do NOT think he's over-rated one bit. Yes, in 2010 he's no longer one of the best in the ring, and he's been overused and sorta pushed to the top despite already working this way there years ago. Emerging from the Attitude Era and on into the early 2000s Triple H was the best in the business. At that point he was the measuring stick of the WWE. He was a cold-blooded heel, but you could never argue with him, because he really was the best. Today his career has been watered down by 10-year-old DX gimmicks and Hornswaggle, and the inability to perform at the level of violence that his matches usually take on. If you just looked at the PG era of Triple H, then yes I would say he is most definitely the most over-rated tool in Vince McMahon's belt. But if you look at his entire career...not a chance. Take away his own accomplishments as a 13(?) time World Champion and a guy who has beaten everybody in the business. People complain about how he never puts anybody over... Without Triple H there would have been no Randy Orton. No Batista. No Sheamus. Because the Game had the unusual ability to make you better when he beat you. When he destroyed Batista and Orton out of Evolution, he gave them a huge rub. Being on a main event stage with Triple H years ago when he was champion was all you needed to get to the top. Never-mind that Orton and Batista both won titles from him. He tried to put over Shelton Benjamin, but the guy didn't want to work. He let him go over him like 5 times! Today you have Sheamus as a direct result of Triple H. No, he's no over-rated one bit. But that's just my two cents.

The WWE official website, wrestlezone, wrestlingfan the list could go on. the amount of threads posted on triple h being where he is because of his marriage is endless. Yes the fact is he has won a lot of pull because of this but even if he has if you watch interviews with the rock, shawn michaels and even every kids idol cena. he is what he is good on the mic and someone that people take advice from. The people that idolise the rock and austin look at the feuds they had with triple h arguably the reason they became as big as they did. the rock won most of his fans over because of the feuds with triple h. if you watch the rocks dvds the majority of his fights are with H. So as much as people say he is overrated then i dont think so hes normal. He may have pull but with it he hasnt just used it to his advantage it has helped other wrestlers including some of the greats.

WRONG WRONG WRONG. The Rock won over what fans due to his feud with Triple H. It really sickens me for you guys to say bullshit like that. So The Rock wasnt already the most popular star in the WWE? The Rock and Triple H started feuding in 2000 around the time The Rock one the Royal Rumble and the feud started from their.

Why do yall always try to give credit to Triple H for the Rock's popularity. You could have put anybody in Triple H's spot and it all would have been the same.

The Rock got popular because as in triple h words "HE WAS THAT DAMN GOOD". Triple H has no credit whatsoever in The Rock's career being how it was.

HHH-Hater? How much do I have to Horshack my hand in the air. "OH ME, PICK ME!!"

Over-rated? By about a million. I've never enjoyed ANY HHH match in my life against anybody: Jericho, RVD, Benoit, Booker T, pick any of the greats, still just awful matches, IMO. I don't think I can say that about anybody else, not even Batista. I don't want to pick any fights, but I suppose I might. He's the only person, again in my opinion, to get as far as he's gotten without ever putting on anything close to a decent match. He can't sell, his moves are slow and boring, I honestly don't know what else to say. If there's a word in the english language that surpasses overrated, I'd put him higher than that. Like essence of ghost chiles are to jalapenos, that's HHH to Goldberg on the scale of overrated.

lol! I agree with you there,although I think he can have good matches with a few guys like HBK and Benoit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back