• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Triple H,Overrated,Underated Or Just Normal?

Is HHH Overrated?

• Who Cares? HBK Is Better

• No

• A Little

• VERY!

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dibil

Dark Match Winner
I personally think Triple 'Vince's boy' H is VERY overrated.what do you guys think? He puts over people very little and if he does its because he is friends with them eg SHEAMUS. He has buried people like MVP,Jeff Hardy,The Big Show,Kane and many more.I will admit though,he is good on the mic and is a tough dude.He gained my respect when he wrestled through his quad injury at NYR 2007

I would say just normal really. Might be because I'm a Triple H mark, but generally this guy delivers when needed to.

Some are obviously high in hate about the fact that he has 13 world title reigns, and there's a few people here and there that didn't get over through the momentum they had building up alongside him when the feud was over.

But Triple H is overall a great wrestler, he has a great look that you cannot deny, he has a great ability to make the crowd hate or love him through his fantastic microphone skills, as well as he has some pretty good in-ring abilities.

Sure Triple H's in-ring abilities died down a bit after 2 quad tears, but can you honestly blame the guy? He have gotten back every time and continued to deliver through pretty good matches, and great intense feuds with pretty much all of the top guys. You all complain about him being in the main event and in the title picture. But have anybody ever considered it's because he's able to make it work? I have never felt that he had a bad feud, at least not the ones that mattered. And it's because Triple H is just that damn good.

I wouldn't call him overrated, because he has scratched and clawed his way to the top. And that's not a lie, he was on the way to the top before he had anything with Stephanie McMahon, so he was definitely warranted for success eventually. The success might very well have been bigger due to Stephanie, but he would've still been a surefire Hall of Fame inductee with, or without Stephanie McMahon.

And he's not underrated, because he still gets praise worthy of him here and there. As well as there might be a few reigns here and there that weren't completely warranted, but the majority are ones that made sense, as well as ones that he has earned.

In my honest opinion.. NO I do not think that Mr.Levesque is overrated by any means. He has done a hell load of a lot for the WWE and at one point he was the face of the company for a time. He was in DX AKA if not one of the best, then THE best WWE Tag Team of all time. He was an amazing heel wrestler for years which was just enjoyable. And last but not least sure he is a 10+ time world champion but think about it... In 10 years we are going to need that one person with critical acclaim and what not like Ric Flair has aren't we? I think WWE made HHH a true wrestling legend regardless what you think. Although in another context I think Booker still should have won that championship from him. lol

It's because of posts like this that I say Triple H is underrated. There is no logical explanation that I can think of that would help me make sense of people still hating him. Does his marriage to Stephanie get him lots of pull backstage? More likely than not. But does that automatically mean that he's not one of the most impactful wrestlers in the history of wrestling?

People say that HHH doesn't put people over. I never understood that. He's put plenty of people over. Not gonna go into that deeply, but for the sake of my argument, take Sheamus for instance. The current world champion would have pretty much zero credibility had it not been for HHH.

This is a guy that has headlined wrestlemania after wrestlemania. He's a guy who helped start D-X. He's a guy who, while WWF and WCW were at war, was the top heel. Just because he's married to the boss's daughter does not automatically take away the fact that he can headline any show at any given time. HHH overrated? Not one bit.

I gotta agree with Ferbian here. How can you say the guy is overrated when he works great as both face and heel. He made arguably the most over tag team/stables in history and has put on some great matches.

You might say he doesn't put very many people over but that is wrong. He does put people over. Out of all the times he has won the championship. How many times has he lost? He might not put alot of people over or do it as often as say someone like Shawn Michaels but he has. Like John Cena, Jeff Hardy and Batista to name a few. He also does alot of mentoring backstage which people don't get to see. He helps alot of wrestlers become good and is often mentioned and thanked for that.

As Ferbian also said he has fantastic mic skills and can control the crowd from it which very few people can do. He has some decent in ring ability now. But before his injuries he use to be pretty good. He has put on his fair share of great matches I would say. He also has put on very few bad feuds in his career.

So how is that overrated?

He's normal for me. I don't think he's overrated at all. The man is a great mic worker and can work a face or heel role perfectly. He's has some of the best matches and fueds in WWE history. He's put over his fair share of people despite what people may say. He has been one of the best in the decade. I believe the only complaint you can have against HHH is his title reigns. So what if he may have politiced his way into some of his reigns. You can't say that man isn't good at what he does.

You know, I'm going to say underrated.

Of course it depends on who's rating him, I'm talking about the IWC. Everyone talks shit on Triple H, how he is where he is because he's Vince' son-in-law. I'm gonna call bullshit on that, the guy made it on his own, paid his dues, and quite frankly, I think he's up there with Michaels, Angle, and Taker

Im going to say normal because he definetly not overated. People do crap on him for being married to the bosses son in law but you can't say he hasn't worked his ass off toget where he is. He was in two great stables/tag teams those being DX and Evolution and for the people who say that he doesn't put over enough people triple h only puts over people who are ready to be in the main event even just having a match with triple H should be an honor for someone who hasn't held world title gold. If someone says he has the championship too much I believe that is a lie he won his first wrold championship on August 23 of 1999 so over a span of 11 years he has won 13 world championship. He also hasn't had the world championshipship in almost a year and a half lets see John Cena do that. Triple H is the whole package he can be a face and have good in ring skills have mic skills and entertain a crowd or he can be a heel have good in ring skills have mic skills and entertain a crowd. So he isnt overrated or underrated but just normal.

Let's be real he is married to the bosses daughter... Would he have the same push if he wasn't???? He is the reason why Jeff Hardy and RVD will never come back to the WWE and he also the reason why Shelton Benjamin never got the push he deserved... People criticize John Cena's wresteling skill, well what skill does Triple H have??

exactly.....he may be overused at times, but he damn sure aint overrated or underrated.....he has deserved to be champion, maybe not 13 times, more like 6 times, but hey is the boss' son in law and ya cant do anything about it now cuz he has 3 daughters with Steph.....these threads are gettin old on Triple H....

Triple H has been overlyused at times, but he's damn good at what he does. I've criticized Triple H a lot in the past for his constant presence within the world title scene and I do stand by that criticism, but a lot of that has to do with the fact that I was just plain burned out on seeing Triple H constantly in the title hunt rather than Triple H's performance in and of itself.

Overrated. Always has been and always will be.

Triple H represents everything I don't like about WWE. All I see is the lame ass guy he was in 1995. I don't see the star he became from 1999-2001 (1999 being the year he and Steph got together..really sick of the smarks on here who say Triple H was already an established world main eventer and a surefire hall of famer before he met Steph..that's absolutely insanely twisted and erroneous logic as Triple H won only ONE world title before him and Steph became publicly 'official'..and the reign was something like one week). Anyway, he is boring and he should never have had anywhere close to the amount of success he's had in the business. Maybe a world title or two, but not 13. If you can imagine if a guy like Ric Martel won the World Title 13 times, well that is how i feel about Triple H and all his unnecessary reigns that could have been better used on Shawn Michaels or almost anyone else. It kills me how a guy with so much skill and charisma like Scott Hall never won a World title in all his years while a guy with little skill and no charisma like Triple H can just marry his way to the top of WWE title history.

Triple H represents everything I don't like about WWE. All I see is the lame ass guy he was in 1995. I don't see the star he became from 1999-2001. He is boring and he should never have had anywhere close to the amount of success he's had in the business. If you can imagine if a guy like Ric Martel won the World Title 13 times, well that is how i feel about Triple H and all his unnecessary reigns that could have been better used on Shawn Michaels. It kills me how a guy with so much skill and charisma like Scott Hall never won a World title in all his years while a guy with little skill and no charisma like Triple H can just marry his way to the top of WWE title history.

Just another lame argument as to why HHH is viewed is overrated. HHH won almost a majority of his world championships before he married Stephanie so using that as a reason to bash him is idiotic on your part. I'm sure he'll tell you after two quad tears that he can't be the same performer he was earlier in his career.

For shame.

I would say just normal really. Might be because I'm a Triple H mark, but generally this guy delivers when needed to.

Some are obviously high in hate about the fact that he has 13 world title reigns, and there's a few people here and there that didn't get over through the momentum they had building up alongside him when the feud was over.

But Triple H is overall a great wrestler, he has a great look that you cannot deny, he has a great ability to make the crowd hate or love him through his fantastic microphone skills, as well as he has some pretty good in-ring abilities.

Sure Triple H's in-ring abilities died down a bit after 2 quad tears, but can you honestly blame the guy? He have gotten back every time and continued to deliver through pretty good matches, and great intense feuds with pretty much all of the top guys. You all complain about him being in the main event and in the title picture. But have anybody ever considered it's because he's able to make it work? I have never felt that he had a bad feud, at least not the ones that mattered. And it's because Triple H is just that damn good.

I wouldn't call him overrated, because he has scratched and clawed his way to the top. And that's not a lie, he was on the way to the top before he had anything with Stephanie McMahon, so he was definitely warranted for success eventually. The success might very well have been bigger due to Stephanie, but he would've still been a surefire Hall of Fame inductee with, or without Stephanie McMahon.

And he's not underrated, because he still gets praise worthy of him here and there. As well as there might be a few reigns here and there that weren't completely warranted, but the majority are ones that made sense, as well as ones that he has earned.
DAMN RIGHT FERB! that is exactly why he is normal

Let's be real he is married to the bosses daughter... Would he have the same push if he wasn't???? He is the reason why Jeff Hardy and RVD will never come back to the WWE and he also the reason why Shelton Benjamin never got the push he deserved... People criticize John Cena's wresteling skill, well what skill does Triple H have??

:disappointed: NO man, just NO. you can say what you want, but as I always says, how many classic matches for the wrestling biz Cena has?IMO none, he has good matches for his career, not for the biz.

On the other hand, HHH has TONS of awesome/classics matches: Y2J at Mania, all the HiaC matches that he has been involved, every single match against Benoit and/or HBK, against the Undertaker, vs Jeff Hardy, every single EC...I think you've got my point by now ;)

Back on topic, Triple H is NORMAL! people wines about him being the husband of the daughter's boss. if so, SO FUCKING WHAT!? it's his life, they have 3 kids together, it's love people PERIOD.
I remember in another thread I vote that HHH, is the best wrestler of the 2000's. IMO, he is in the top 3 heels of all time! he puts people over (EVOLUTION, LEGACY, JEFF HARDY, JOHN CENA for example), he has been part of the E's biggest tag team DX! I mean The Kliq, DX, Evolution are probably the 3 finnest and biggest stables in WWE's history! he has done and keeps doing so much for this business....

It's not a lame argument that Triple H is overrated. So many people stopped watching wrestling years ago because The Rock and Stone Cold left fans to watch Cripple H main event for the next 10 years. Only hardcore fans who could put up with an asswipe like
Triple H as a main eventer World champ forever stuck around and that was less than half the audience of the late 90s early 00s. So all you current wrestling fanatics can go on about how great your Triple H is, but there are WAY more people out there who just don't care about wrestling anymore and wouldn't even come near this site (that used to) that would tell you all that Triple H as a permanent world champ and main eventer actually permanently turned them off of wrestling.

I could write an essay on how overrated the guy is. I could argue here till i'm blue in the face. But I'm never gonna convince the generation of wrestling fans from the 2000s that their hero and all time world champ is one of the most overrated and boring wrestlers of all time who almost single handedly turned the generation before them OFF of wrestling. I'll just throw it out there just so you all know what happened to all of us former fanatics not watching anymore. Triple H lovers can all use your little tidbits of bullshit facts to tear apart what i said but it'll never disprove the fact that most wrestling fanatics of the 25 years prior quit watching wrestling when Triple H surpassed real legends like Hulk Hogan, Steve Austin, Randy Savage, Shawn Michaels, The Rock, Bret Hart, and The Undertaker in World Title reigns.

Super overrated, he knew he did'nt have what it takes to to be a top draw, so he did what he had to do to get to the top. And it worked, Great on the mic,pretty funny, decent in the ring, he can work a match, but can't carry one. Does'nt look like a natural athlete he latched on to HBK's coattails, he left, so he got on Stephs, latched on to Flair, His peak was early 2000's. Doesnt draw well, does'nt have IT. But the worst part of HHH is his attiude towards the buisness, he's all about himself,just recently started to change that which is a change, but the guy he put over was his "hand picked" star so hes probably gonna take all the credit for Sheamus. Other than that who has he really put over, and he also chased Kurt Angle out, because he knew Angle was a MAJOR MAJOR threat, ran out anyone who a threat to him, just pathedic and petty bullshit.

I'll say normal because I believe he is one of the best ever. A part of me wants to say UNDERRATED because of the bull shit he gets for marrying into The FAM of all Fams.

I think the OP was off a bit. I think he really gets the short end of the stick as far as putting people over goes. I commented on a thread about him putting people over earlier today.

The funny thing is, he HAS put a lot of people over. Just because he is SO over, and has so many World Titles, does not mean he hasn't put people over himself.

Sheamus, people are quick to say he is like the ONLY guy Trips has put over and that's straight up BULLSHIT!!!

Guys like Benoit, Orton, Batista and Goldberg are just a few names.

Think of all the guys he helped get over just by putting them in a group he was in. Evolution and DX. Every single one of those dudes got over just by being associated with Triple H.

He even helped put over guys that you wouldn't consider Trips putting over. When HBK came back in 02-03. Trips worked his ass off helping HBK get back his swagger. Plus guys that you would say got themselves over, Trips played a part in.

The Rock, Austin, Mankind, Big Show. Look at what he did for Cena.

It's not a lame argument that Triple H is overrated. So many people stopped watching wrestling years ago because The Rock and Stone Cold left fans to watch Cripple H main event for the next 10 years. Only hardcore fans who could put up with an asswipe like
Triple H as a main eventer World champ forever stuck around and that was less than half the audience of the late 90s early 00s. So all you current wrestling fanatics can go on about how great your Triple H is, but there are WAY more people out there who just don't care about wrestling anymore and wouldn't even come near this site (that used to) that would tell you all that Triple H as a permanent world champ and main eventer actually permanently turned them off of wrestling.

I could write an essay on how overrated the guy is. I could argue here till i'm blue in the face. But I'm never gonna convince the generation of wrestling fans from the 2000s that their hero and all time world champ is one of the most overrated and boring wrestlers of all time who almost single handedly turned the generation before them OFF of wrestling. I'll just throw it out there just so you all know what happened to all of us former fanatics not watching anymore. Triple H lovers can all use your little tidbits of bullshit facts to tear apart what i said but it'll never disprove the fact that most wrestling fanatics of the 25 years prior quit watching wrestling when Triple H surpassed real legends like Hulk Hogan, Steve Austin, Randy Savage, Shawn Michaels, The Rock, Bret Hart, and The Undertaker in World Title reigns.

I have been watching wrestling since the 80's, and i did not like HHH at first, but thats just it he said himself his first wrestlemania momment was getting destroyed by(at one time my favorite wrestler) the most overated wrestler ever.(the warrior) How can u deny that he would not be a legend without steph... He is golden on the mic whether it is heel or Face. I agree that some of those people u mentioned should have been champs more, but that was a dif time when OMG we had Hogan, who hogged the spotlight and still does everytime he is out there. I mean seriously had any of them been around after him they would have been huge some were around after... but it was 2 late. DX made HHH, Micheals getting hurt made him, Austin and Rock leaving made him, if these things had not happened steph or no steph he would not have been as big as he is as soon no 13 titles yet... But someone had to do it taker didnt want it so HHH was left. Angle could have been but didnt want the schedule. So i say Normal

I think he's rated just fine. He knows how to connect with the audience and is good in the ring. He may not be quite what he was during the McMahon-Helmsley era but injuries and age can be blamed for that.

He was one of the great heels back in the day and I would very much like to see him return to his heel form. He may get slack for marrying the bosses daughter but it's not like he doesn't preform.

HHH-Hater? How much do I have to Horshack my hand in the air. "OH ME, PICK ME!!"

Over-rated? By about a million. I've never enjoyed ANY HHH match in my life against anybody: Jericho, RVD, Benoit, Booker T, pick any of the greats, still just awful matches, IMO. I don't think I can say that about anybody else, not even Batista. I don't want to pick any fights, but I suppose I might. He's the only person, again in my opinion, to get as far as he's gotten without ever putting on anything close to a decent match. He can't sell, his moves are slow and boring, I honestly don't know what else to say. If there's a word in the english language that surpasses overrated, I'd put him higher than that. Like essence of ghost chiles are to jalapenos, that's HHH to Goldberg on the scale of overrated.

O He's the only person, again in my opinion, to get as far as he's gotten without ever putting on anything close to a decent match.

Huh? Royal Rumble 2000 against Cactus Jack, Wrestlemania 17 against the Undertaker, the month before that the three stages of hell match against Austin, the triple threat match between him, HBK and Benoit at Wrestlemania 20, Wrestlemaina 22 against Cena.....etc. Did you watch any of these matches? Because those were more than decent if you ask me.

The WWE official website, wrestlezone, wrestlingfan the list could go on. the amount of threads posted on triple h being where he is because of his marriage is endless. Yes the fact is he has won a lot of pull because of this but even if he has if you watch interviews with the rock, shawn michaels and even every kids idol cena. he is what he is good on the mic and someone that people take advice from. The people that idolise the rock and austin look at the feuds they had with triple h arguably the reason they became as big as they did. the rock won most of his fans over because of the feuds with triple h. if you watch the rocks dvds the majority of his fights are with H. So as much as people say he is overrated then i dont think so hes normal. He may have pull but with it he hasnt just used it to his advantage it has helped other wrestlers including some of the greats.

Overrated. Always has been and always will be.

Triple H represents everything I don't like about WWE. All I see is the lame ass guy he was in 1995. I don't see the star he became from 1999-2001 (1999 being the year he and Steph got together..really sick of the smarks on here who say Triple H was already an established world main eventer and a surefire hall of famer before he met Steph..that's absolutely insanely twisted and erroneous logic as Triple H won only ONE world title before him and Steph became publicly 'official'..and the reign was something like one week). Anyway, he is boring and he should never have had anywhere close to the amount of success he's had in the business. Maybe a world title or two, but not 13. If you can imagine if a guy like Ric Martel won the World Title 13 times, well that is how i feel about Triple H and all his unnecessary reigns that could have been better used on Shawn Michaels or almost anyone else. It kills me how a guy with so much skill and charisma like Scott Hall never won a World title in all his years while a guy with little skill and no charisma like Triple H can just marry his way to the top of WWE title history.

I agree and disagree. I agree with mostly all you said except that HHH has no charisma,i think he has a lot. Whenever he wrestles he can get the fans into it. I agree that he is overrated,i don't care who bashes me.Its my opinion and In stand by it

WOW! You put that so well! I think he isnt boring though.He has good mic skills and some charisma.Plus I don' blame him being with Steph as the reason he is overrated,he already was anyway (before Steph). He does NOT deserve thirteen world titles.

Well I'm pretty sure I already did a thread on this myself.. About how not one person would not have done everything HHH has if given the chance. The wrestling business is about survival of the fittest. And no one has survived through more shit then HHH. Going from Vince's most hated list, to being his Son-In-Law. And for saying they got together in 99? WRONG. They started dating in 2000. And HHH had already had NUMEROUS titles by that point. Go find my thread to see which, as I really dont feel like going over everything again. To say he has NEVER put anyone over is wrong, yes he has squashed people, but look at that list.. RVD? Jeff Hardy, Big Show, Kane. With exception to Kane, are ANY of those guys enjoyable as World Champion? Not really. Even Big Show is much better chasing the belt, then when he actually has it. Now look at the ones he's put over. Orton, Benoit, Batista, Cena, Sheamus. Remember people, you dont have to beat a guy for him to put you over. As long as you put on a great match. And to say he didnt put over Benjamin? Did he not beat HHH like 2 or 3 weeks straight? pretty sure he beat most of evolution on his own, only being stopped by Batista. NOT HHH. Sometimes not putting someone over is a GOOD thing. you really want a shit load of mid-card guys in world title spots? (see:TNA) or would you rather have the best of the best in them? Because personally I'd rather the guys who DID beat HHH in those spots. Benoit, Cena, Batista, Orton, Goldberg (to some degree), HBK ect.

Oh fuck it, I went and got the list anyway. Here is what HHH had done before even breaking it off with Chyna.

3 time WWF champion
2 time Intercontinental Champion
2 time WWF European Champion
1997 King of the Ring.

And who cares if he has 13 World titles? Do they mean that much anymore? when guys like Rey Mysterio are winning them they mean that much? NO. look at Cena, Orton, Edge. All three of those guys have the same, if not more Titles then HBK, and Undertaker. So does that mean those people are better? No. People like HBK and 'Taker dont NEED Titles. They are the few who are above them, and we can buy as main eventers even without one involved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back