• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Triple H Is Named The Most Over Rated Wrestler Of All Time

Nate DaMac

Fuck erbody but me
Some Morons From Another Website said:
“For too long, Triple H has received a free pass from internet wrestling fans, but we say, “No more!” Sure, he used to be great, but that was before he destroyed his body and moved on to destroying the careers of younger wrestlers. Folks these days like to say that “The King of Kings” makes people into stars, but wrestlers tend to either succeed despite the terrible, emasculating beatings he gives them or just disappear back into the midcard. What’s worse is that he does it all with the same four boring, mechanical moves – a fact which goes strangely unnoticed by the world’s Cena-bashers, who tend to love “The Game.” If Triple H was as great as people say he is, the past 13 years of constant pushes shouldn’t have just turned him into another Rock or “Stone Cold,” it should have gotten him elected King of the Universe.

“And The Chaperone looks atrocious.”

The complete list is the following.

The Same Fucking Morons said:
25. Diesel
24. Arn Anderson
23. Alberto Del Rio
22. Jerry Lynn
21. Shelton Benjamin
20. Verne Gagne
19. Jeff Jarrett
18. Sabu
17. Finlay
16. Christopher Daniels
15. Mr. Anderson
14. William Regal
13. Indy Geeks (Mike Quackenbush pictured)
12. Randy Orton
11. Gorgeous George
10. Scott Hall
9. Dean Malenko
8. Owen Hart
7. Christian
6. Curt Hennig
5. Miss Elizabeth
4. Jerry “The King” Lawler
3. Giant Baba
2. Hulk Hogan
1. Triple H

I'm seriously doing everything I can to keep my head from exploding. Now I'm not going to give the name of the site this is from, as I don't want to break any of the advertising rules. Nor do I want to give any attention to any other forum. It really wouldn't be hard to find if you're legitimately interested though. But upon reading this, I thought this might be a fun topic for everyone to discuss. Everyone is going to have beef with certain aspects of the list, so here's my main questions.

1. Do you think Triple H is the most over rated wrestler of all time?

2. Is there anyone you think doesn't belong on the list at all?

3. Are there any wrestlers that you think need to be on the list who aren't?

1. Absolutely not. I don't even think he should be on the list, but he certainly isn't even Top 10 material. I'm surprised that after all the stars he's really helped to cement as stars over the past few years that there are still a few people who wont lent go of the past.

2. Well I already said I don't think Hunter belongs there, but since I hate when people use the same name to answer multiple questions, who the hell put Hogan on this list? Easily in the top 2, maybe number 1 overall, best draws of ALL Time, and he's over rated? Sure he wasn't fucking Bret Hart in the ring but who the hell ever said he was a Ring General?

3. I'm very surprised that while I see wrestlers like Christian, Dean Malenko, and Curt Hennig on the list, there is no sighting of either of the Hardys. I'm kind of at a loss for words on this one.

So have fun with this.

23. Alberto Del Rio
This is the main guy I'm struggling to work out why they put him on the list. It's supposed to be, (according to them) the most over rated wrestlers of all time. yet how long has he been in the WWE for? He don't belong on the list no way in hell.

21. Shelton Benjamin
This is the one of the small few on the list who actually deserves to be on it. Just because he can jump to the top rope with ease makes him over, I don't get it.

12. Randy Orton
If Orton was as over rated as they say he is, Why the fuck is he still main eventing let alone why does he still have a fucking job. He has done nothing but prove himself time and time again, he Shouldn't be on the list.

2. Hulk Hogan
IMO Should be number one so I guess this is the only one I don't have a problem with.

But, HHH Should not be at number one. I guess at this forum they go on, they only have about five members? There is no fucking way HHH gets, "a free pass" There used to be a thread here (might even still be here) where all people did was shit on him and it was huge, If he was to be on the list, it would only be from 20 - 25 Not fucking number 1.

Like you stated, Where the fuck are the Hardys? If anybody was to be on a most overrated list, You would think it would be those two. Morrison gets shit on because most of his pops are from high flying moves but at least he can actually wrestle. If it wasn't for high flying moves there is no way either of them would of seen a ME or even lasted in the wrestling biz.

Another person who isn't on the list that surprised me is Rey. Insanely over and not just by the kids yet I can't think of any match of his that was better then average.

Reactions: TLC
That list alone is by fucking Morons, Triple H in my experience here is actually extremely Underrated rather than Overrated. Most on the list are respected and known quantities and generally deliver what they have been paid to do.

Who the fuck Overrates Jeff Jarrett, he should not have ever been anything more than upper midcard at best.

Two names on that list that I am going to say prove that they are absolute Morons. Gorgeous George (I assume that they are meaning the male one) and Giant Baba. Gorgeous George is the person to thank for Wrestling taking off as a televised medium. Without him so much would not exist most of the Gimmicks in Wrestling stem from him. Giant Baba was huge in Japan, the big three of Rikidozan, Baba and Antonio Inoki have each individually out drawn Hogan. That should say something about how underrated Baba is by Western wrestling fans.

I will bold the ones that are wrong, it is hilarious because the Hardys nor any of their hangers are on it at all.

25. Diesel
24. Arn Anderson
23. Alberto Del Rio
22. Jerry Lynn

21. Shelton Benjamin
20. Verne Gagne
19. Jeff Jarrett
18. Sabu
17. Finlay
16. Christopher Daniels
15. Mr. Anderson
14. William Regal
12. Randy Orton
11. Gorgeous George
10. Scott Hall
9. Dean Malenko
8. Owen Hart
7. Christian
6. Curt Hennig
5. Miss Elizabeth
3. Giant Baba
2. Hulk Hogan
1. Triple H

I do actually see Verne Gagne as being overrated, but that is because as head booker of the AWA he kept putting the Belt on himself, he is one of the big reasons for why the AWA went under because he didn't really want to push newer stars until it was too late.

How can anyone Overrate Miss Elizabeth I don't know.Her job was to stand at Ringside and look beautiful which she did.

While Jerry Lynn Vs. RVD may be overrated as a series of matches, Jerry Lynn is far from being overrated as a Wrestler he does a tonne that people forget about. I don't know why.

and is one of the people on this site of Morons on this site calling Jerry Lawler shit now? because honestly Jerry Lawler is underrated by most modern wrestling fans. Lawler still can get shit done in the Ring, which is far more than Fatt Lardy and his brother Sir Drugged a lot can really do now, and they are not on the list. Fucking morons on that site really.

I just read this on another site and this list looks to be extraordinarily biased. What'd they do? Just get a bunch of people at the site together and ask them who they hate the most? The presence of some of these wrestlers seem to suggest that.

As to the 1st question, the answer is easily no. Triple H is not the most overrated wrestler of all time. There are tons of names that belong at #1 before him.

As for who doesn't belong on the list, plenty:

Hulk Hogan - So let me get this straight, the single biggest star and the single biggest draw in professional wrestling history is ranked as the 2nd most overrated wrestler in history according to this site? These people are fucking idiots.

Giant Baba - The dumbasses who made up this list clearly have no regard for wrestling history. Giant Baba shouldn't be on this list simply due to the impact he's had on professional wrestling in Japan. The man was a huge star in Japan in his own right and founded All Japan Pro Wrestling.

Curt Hennig - Well let's see...the man had great ability inside the ring, he was quite good on the mic, he had a lot of personality & charisma...so exactly what isn't there to like about him?

Gorgeous George - Gorgeous George was a man that added flash and character to pro wrestling. In many ways, he was Muhammad Ali before Muhammad Ali was a twinkle in his parents' eyes. Ali himself said in interviews that much of his style while giving interviews was based on him. Gorgeous George was decades ahead of his time and drew heat from the crowd like nobody could in those days. I wonder how he made it out of some of those places alive.

Randy Orton - Randy Orton has never been more over in his entire career. He has fans hanging on each and every little thing he does. A simple twitch in facial expression from him gets a huge pop from crowds everywhere. He can work inside the ring, he's got charisma, he does quite well on the mic, he's proven himself in big match spots and situations time and time again.

Alberto Del Rio - I think that this is pretty much the proof that this list is compiled by people, or maybe just one person, singling out wrestlers that they just don't particularly like. Alberto Del Rio has been on WWE television now for a whole 6 months and he's listed among this sites most 25 overrated wrestlers of all time? *sniff sniff* I smell bullshit. *sniff sniff sniff* Yep, a big steaming pile of it.

Arn Anderson - Arn Anderson is arguably the greatest professional wrestler of the past 30 years to have never held a World Heavyweight Championship. Whoever pulled this list out of their ass must have a thing against men that are great inside the ring or on the mic or loaded with personality or some mix of all of the above.

There are some others as well, but these are the ones that immediately just jump out at me the most.

As for who should be on the list? Where the hell are the Hardys, especially Matt Hardy? Where are the Dudleyz? How about Rob Van Dam? Samoa Joe? These are just a handful of guys that should be on that list in my view.

There are a few names on the list that I do think belong on it like Shelton Benjamin, Sabu, Scott Hall and a few others.

One thing I'm surprised to see is that John Cena isn't on the list. Not that I think he should be on the list but there are some great wrestlers and impressive names on that list. I guess whoever made up this thing must be a Cena fan.

WOW. This is one of the most idiotic lists that I have ever seen. Do us a favor and invite these guys over to WrestleZone so that we could make fun of them properly.

The first two names on this list are those of one of the best heels of all time and the most popular superstar ever and the reason why wrestling is so popular today. Triple H has put quite a few guys over but I believe that using that parameter to judge the worth of a wrestler is a pretty sucky method anyway. What matters is that Triple H is one of the greatest heels ever and an above average face as well. He has given some great matches and continues to do so till date. His longlevity, number of great matches and the fact that the crowd are more than interested to see him essay either role even today are proof that he does not belong to this list.

Looking back at that list, I think that very few names make sense anyway. Shelton Benjamin, Jerry Lynn and Deaan Malenko are surely overrated and so are Sabu and Scott Hall. But that is all that I agree with. Surely this list should have featured guys like RVD, The Hardyz, Chris Benoit, Samoa Joe and MVP to name a few.

Idiotic list to say the least.

Looking back at that list, I think that very few names make sense anyway. Shelton Benjamin, Jerry Lynn and Deaan Malenko are surely overrated and so are Sabu and Scott Hall. But that is all that I agree with. Surely this list should have featured guys like RVD, The Hardyz, Chris Benoit, Samoa Joe and MVP to name a few.

I wouldnt say Dean Malenko, Christopher Daniels, Jerry Lynn or Chris Benoit are overrated at all. All 4 of them are fantastic wrestlers, but all 4 lacked the personality and mic skills to become megastars. On purely in-ring talent there are few better.

It sickens me that Triple H is at the top of this list. He may have held down talent in his time like Booker T and RVD but Helmsley has consitently performed at a high level for years, worked brilliantly as both a face and a mega-heel, been a key member in 2 of the all-time great factions in DX and Evolution and helped to make two of the biggest stars of this generation in Batista and Randy Orton.

The article criticises Triple H's moveset, but then also says Malenko and Lynn are overrated and they both have an enormous moveset...so what is this guy looking for when he made that list????

Triple H may not have the biggest moveset of all time, but very few main eventers do- they get their position through a combination of mic skills, charisma, and knowing when to do the right move at the right time...so where does Triple H go wrong? In my mind he doesn't....he is the complete package. He is is no way overrated

25. Diesel

He can be terrible in the ring sometimes, but he's a damn funny dude who has made me laugh uncontrollably on various occasions. His portrayal of Arn Anderson allows him enough leeway to not be on this list. If it was a top 50 list, then I could see him being towards the bottom half of that one.

24. Arn Anderson

Agree here. Many consider Anderson to be a great ring psychologist, but he was actually quite shit at it. He had one strategy: work on one body part throughout the match then exploit it later on. IMO, Anderson should be in the top 10.

23. Alberto Del Rio

No clue why he's on here, especially since he's in the early stages of his American career and I highly doubt that these guys saw his work from Mexico.

22. Jerry Lynn

I can't make an informed opinion on this one since I haven't seen much of him.

21. Shelton Benjamin

He was a black hole for charisma. Damn fine wrestler, though. Given how important people think mic skills are now, I can see why Benjamin is considered overrated. I don't think he is, though.

20. Verne Gagne

Boring wrestler, damn fine booker. He shouldn't be on this list.

19. Jeff Jarrett

Should be number 2. He's actually learned to step away from the spotlight, though, unlike his brother from another mother, HHH.

Probably the least favorite of my ECW originals. I'm a little biased in my opinion here, so consider my judgment invalid.

17. Finlay

Shouldn't be on this list. Great wrestler who unfortunately didn't get enough attention until the twilight of his career.

16. Christopher Daniels

Given how many other light heavyweights are miles better than him, I can see this being justified. I've never seen him praised that much, though.

15. Mr. Anderson

Shouldn't even be considered at this point in time. He's had a rebirth of sorts in TNA. Another 5 years or so are needed to see if he's really overrated or not.

14. William Regal

Nope, shouldn't be on this list PERIOD.

I agree, only because Indy Geeks should be praising puro and lucha instead of no-name American promotions.

I'll do the rest later.

I have to say I'm stumped here, what in the sweet name of all that is holy is the criteria for this list? It ain't between the ropes ability or several of the list would have claims of being underrated. It ain't for backstage politics or the list again would be completely different (Big Daddy Cool would be MUCH higher and HBK'd be in their somewhere). Is it money making? Nope, many of the names here are midcarders and one is a valet - PPVs ain't been sold on their name value.

The only thing I can imagine (and I'm really stretching here) is they're overrated on the 'It' factor and if that's the case how can you state the biggest name in wrestling ever and a major player in it's two biggest boom periods is the 2nd most overrated personality ever? Once again many of the names mentioned never got the chance to demonstrate their abilities at the highest level on the card, so how are they overrated?

Baffled:disappointed:

Yeah I think HHH is a boring cunt as well, much like Undertaker, most overrated wrestler of all time though? Define overrated, if you mean praise from people then from my limited experience on here no one is allowed to get overrated, as there is an army of people waiting to shit on just about anyone, but it does make Shelton's place in the list completely true.

Undeserved success? not really my place to comment on that as I dont really know, looking at ratings and buyrates then it would seem that a lot of HHH's success was somewhat unwarranted as when Rock and Austin went HHH was king of the World and ratings plummeted, but then Hogan comes in at #2 and he was genuinely huge. On the other hand, it might be argued that HHH was keeping WWE's head above water, confusing myself here.

The most offensive thing about that list is the lack of criteria for it, makes my OCD angry.

HOGAN AS NUMBER TWO!!!!!!! WTF?!?!

Hulk Hogan practically made this buisness . How in the blue fuck could he ever be considered over-rated?

As for Triple H, it's utter bullshit. It's the same internet bias crap hating on him that has been directed his way since dirtsheets found out he is actually married to Stephanie. The guy is a massive draw and has been for ten years. Excellent wrestler, excellent champion, and from what I've heard, one of the best wrestling minds of our age.

I'd love to see their list of under-rated stars. Most likely Shane Helms and Matt Hardy. Speaking of them, I'm quite certain that this list was made by them.

Triple H being on that list is just another example of the so-called "smart marks" getting on the guy because he is married into the Mcmahon Family. He got his push long before he married Stephanie but you can't tell these losers that.

Also why are Owen Hart,Curt Hennig,and Dean Malenko on that list?

HHH is my favourite wrestler of all time but I can see why HHH can be seen as being overrated by some due to him having many title reigns and playing an important role in the company while not being the 'top dog' for most of his career at wwe. But to be named as the most overrated is too harsh and just prove the point that certain section of the IWC will just nitpick on something to critisize HHH for not being the Rock/Austin and marrying the boss's daughter.

I am also surprised that the Hardys are not on the list as well. Two names that have not been mentioned as being overrated are CM Punk and Daniel Bryan. Now, I am a big fan of both men but both men still have a lot to prove to deserve the amount of praise and fandom online. My circle of friends who watches wrestling causally just do not get their appeal. When I mark out a little to them they would often laugh it off. Bryan is often compared to a being comedy act when he is clearly not. While they hardly react as wildly to CM Punk as most of us here do. Both men are clearly good, excellent wrestlers, but seeing the love they get online you would think they are the top stars of the company when they are finding their way in their upper mid card roles.

I would agree with the sentiment that Triple H is overrated. The man flopped after Austin and Rock took a hike and simply didn't justify his position and his sustained run at the top. He got to the top based on merit and would have a nice, cushy Jericho spot if natural momentum had taken his course. But that didn't happen. Rather, his political influence kept him at the top longer than is justifiable and we got HHHunter The Destroyer. Very little over the last ten years has been more harmful to wrestling than that. But the most overrated of all time? I'm not sure. Hunter's hate balances things out overall. Most overrated should probably go to guys like Undertaker or Shawn Michaels. The way bashing them is regarded as blasphemy is a little hard to stomach. Taker was never really a great worker and Michaels used political leverage to get those massive time-slots which enabled him to steal many a major show. It's hard for to reconcile those facts with the way people speak about them.

Firstly, I'm pretty sure that this list is opinionated and should be respected as that instead of trying to rip into it.

Secondly, like the opinions of the list's creator, I can definitely say that Christian, Owen, Benjamin, and Sabu belong on the list... especially Christian because everyone is saying that this guy has it to be a big time player in WWE but he doesn't and he never has... he's nothing more than a glorified put over star who is probably about to end up like Matt Hardy and MVP, only he's smart enough to stay quiet.

As for Owen, I'm going to give the guy some leeway here. Everyone here has to admit that their judgment on Owen is in fact clouded by his death in some way or another, in which case that would qualify him as overrated. True, he was a great Mid-card guy and his sharpshooter was better IMO, but the guy's legacy is a bit overshadowed by his legacy... sure he doesn't belong this high up in the list, but on the list he does belong.

Benjamin, he's at a decent spot. He's not too overrated, but to an extent that it bothers me. He's good in the ring, I give him that and he wasn't nearly as over hyped as before. So yeah, I can see that.

As for Sabu... YES! Him and Sandman both just annoy me. Like I get that they were ECW Originals and by the way that they were pushed they seemed like greatness, but damn if I've ever seen two more sloppy wrestlers I'd think I was watching backyard wrestling.. oh wait that's what ECW was... anyway, Sabu definitely deserves to be on the list and I'm only pissed that he's not further up the list.

I respect most people's opinions but I love the OP's description of the listmakers as morons. I'd love to know who did this.
Let's start with the ones that definitely should NOT be on the list:

Arn Anderson- True, the man never won a world title, but he had some of the best ring psychology and promo skills that I've ever seen. In a time of meatheads, AA came across as well-spoken and deliberate.

Del Rio- Little early to pull the overrated card eh? Del Rio has those veteran instincts along with the charisma/mic skills/youth to be a force to be reckoned with. I personally like him but we'll see how his WWE career goes.

Shelton Benjamin- I could almost compare this man to Ricky Steamboat as far as combining high-flying and mat wrestling. Sadly, no charisma but his in-ring work is what gets him over.

Finlay/William Regal- Two of the wiliest, most technically sound European wrestlers I've ever seen. Amazing heels, always vicious. glad Finlay got rid of that mullet though LOL

Daniels- If anything, this guy is UNDERrated. To pull off separate gimmicks in separate promotions simultaneously is no small feat, let's see John Cena do that!

Gorgeous George- You may as well put Ric flair, Macho Man, Adrian Adonis, and any other flamboyant characters on the list. (Well....maybe Ric belongs on there but that's a different story)

Malenko/Hart/Christian- All 3 men saddled with horrible gimmicks (Ladies man/Blue Blazer/Captain Charisma outfit respectively) and always sniffing the top but never making it. Great wrestlers that didn't have their full potential tapped. check out Malenko and Hart in Japan if you don't believe me.

Curt Hennig- All right, maybe the WCW run could be overrated.... but in WWE he was simply...PERFECT. With the perfect-plex, this guy made crowds cheer and boo however he wanted them to. Separate ziggler from Vickie and I bet Ziggler could pull it off. Definitely has the mic skills and talent.

Baba- Overrated by today's standards maybe, but definitely legendary for his time.

Indy Geeks- Really? by this case Bryan Danielson, Nigel McGuiness, CM Punk, and almost all other current WWE/TNA stars should be on this list. Way too general.

HHH, Orton, Sabu, Scott Hall, Elizabeth, and Lawler are just right and don't belong on this list either. They've paid their dues and should gain respect.

Finaly? What?

I love finlay but since when he he that popular and he is like 51 does anyone except that much from him anymore and for someone of that age he can still go.

I don't think Triple H is the most overrated of all time but I am a fan of him.Tripel H has put over stars and his a great wrestler and was part od one of the greatest stables f all time in DX. He brought Orton and Batista up in Evolution,also.

25. Diesel
24. Arn Anderson
23. Alberto Del Rio
22. Jerry Lynn
21. Shelton Benjamin
20. Verne Gagne
19. Jeff Jarrett
18. Sabu
17. Finlay
16. Christopher Daniels
15. Mr. Anderson
14. William Regal
12. Randy Orton
11. Gorgeous George
10. Scott Hall
9. Dean Malenko
8. Owen Hart
7. Christian
6. Curt Hennig
5. Miss Elizabeth
3. Giant Baba
2. Hulk Hogan
1. Triple H

Depends on what you mean by overrated. When I think of the term, I think of some one whose abilities in the ring, or box office draw are greatly exaggerated. I agree with some of the people on the list, Diesel, Hall, Orton. I don't agree with the rest. Miss Elizabeth, is iconic so I find her being on this list to be absurd. Owen, no way was he overrated. He was good on the ring, great on the mike. Hennig same thing. I would have put Flair on the list but that's me. Triple H is an easy one for me. I would say he's slightly overrated. He's clearly a draw and he is good if not great in the ring. The problem is he isn't the biggest draw they've ever had, or the best in-ring performer. The other problem is how much he's pushed down your throat when he works. He occupies most of the time on Raw to such a ridiculous extreme, it's nauseating. Overdoing like that just turns off those who might find him worth watching. And he does have limitations, I find him more effective as a heel than a face. To say he has cemented careers, we need to ask who are these people who he helped and what's their relationship to Triple H ? Are they friends of his ? He's clearly political, so all his supporters stop talking bullshit, you know he is. SO I don't agree with most of this list, but on Triple H, I think they got it right.

Most of the guys on this list weren't mainstream, never reached full potential, underrated, and are rookies. This is obviously made by a wrestling nerd who is making a list of wrestlers he hates or wrestlers with weird names in a list.

25. Diesel- Maybe, but he was apart of some huge angles in WWE and WCW
24. Arn Anderson- One of the best wrestlers in the business overrated?
23. Alberto Del Rio- Not a fan, but the guy hasn't been around WWE long enough for a cup of coffee to be overrated.
22. Jerry Lynn- Randy the Ram overrated? please. If anything underrated.
21. Shelton Benjamin- He may be overrated by the IWC, but not in the wrestling world.
20. Verne Gagne- This just doesn't make sense
19. Jeff Jarrett- This I might be able to agree with if anyone had a good thing to say about the man.
18. Sabu- Probably, but he was known for his crazy hardcore stunts and not wrestling ability.
17. Finlay- The man is hardly ever on television to be overrated and he has been in the business for decades training others.
16. Christopher Daniels- Not under or over.
15. Mr. Anderson- Anderson has the capability to be a true star, but he won't find it in TNA. The mic work can be overrated at times, but no one has ever thought of Anderson as more as a stick man.
14. William Regal- Another savy ring veteran that does nothing but put talent over. Why is he overrated?
13. Indy Geeks (Mike Quackenbush pictured)- no idea who this is.
12. Randy Orton- Orton is really popular whether he is heel or a face. Not everyone can be of the same caliber as The Rock or Steve Austin.
11. Gorgeous George- The man that made wrestling popular to every household with television in the 50s is overrated?
10. Scott Hall- Anyone in the business will tell you that Hall was one of the best big men out there. Too bad his demons got the best of him.
9. Dean Malenko- Hasn't had the chance to be overrated
8. Owen Hart- The same as Malenko. Why is Owen overrated? because the man fell to his death?
7. Christian- I understand the some hate towards Christian, but the guy was never given a chance to be a main eventer in WWE so I can't say overrated.
6. Curt Hennig- One of the best technical wrestlers ever is overrated? Keep dreaming.
5. Miss Elizabeth- The first lady of wrestling? Don't think so
4. Jerry “The King” Lawler- Memphis would disagree with you
3. Giant Baba- Japan would disagree with you
2. Hulk Hogan- The entire world would disagree with you. There wouldn't be "sports entertainment" without Hulk Hogan.
1. Triple H- Love him or hate him, Triple H is also one of the biggest names in the business in the same category as HBK, Undertaker, Rock, Austin, etc.

This list is garbage for the most part. Its like calling Babe Ruth and Mickey Mantle overrated on a baseball list. The people on this list either have too big an impact on wrestling or aren't a big enough name to be called overrated.

Let's start out by eviscerating these morons.

The Moron's in Reference said:
“For too long, Triple H has received a free pass from internet wrestling fans, but we say, “No more!” Sure, he used to be great, but that was before he destroyed his body and moved on to destroying the careers of younger wrestlers.

Which should in no way be weighed against how talented a wrestler he was. If they took this into consideration, then why isn't Shawn Michaels on the top of that list?

Folks these days like to say that “The King of Kings” makes people into stars, but wrestlers tend to either succeed despite the terrible, emasculating beatings he gives them or just disappear back into the midcard.

Welcome to wrestling pushes, dumb asses. Just working with a star of Triple H's caliber is going to give you a huge rub whether or not you go over him. From there it's up to the audience to accept or reject a wrestler. If they accept they "succeed despite the terrible, emasculating beatings," or they reject and "disappear back into the midcard." Show me one wrestler who has a 100% success rate of rubbing and putting over newer wrestlers, just one. Good look finding him.

What’s worse is that he does it all with the same four boring, mechanical moves

Not true, he's got a fairly diverse moveset, or at least diverse enough to keep his matches interesting.

– a fact which goes strangely unnoticed by the world’s Cena-bashers, who tend to love “The Game.”

Also not true, I notice a lot of Cena haters also hate The Game for similar reasons.
If Triple H was as great as people say he is, the past 13 years of constant pushes shouldn’t have just turned him into another Rock or “Stone Cold,” it should have gotten him elected King of the Universe.

He isn't another Rock or Stone Cold, he's Triple H, he has very much become his own man, his own character, and he's carved out his own legacy.

As for the list, I couldn't list the top 25 overrated of all time because I simply don't know how these wrestlers were judged for most of their careers. But here's the ones I have a problem with being on the list.

Diesel- He's been extremely gifted throughout his career, one of those big guys who not only looks like he COULD kill you with his strength, he looks like he WOULD kill you. Unlike the Big Show or similar wrestlers who have something cuddly about them, you see nothing but power when looking at Big Daddy Cool.

Arn Anderson- He's a little before my time, but anytime a man has managed to stay relevant through the years like he has you can't say he's overrated.

Alberto Del Rio- I'm personally not a huge fan of the guy, but you can't argue with the reaction he's been getting lately. Furthermore, I believe he was mega-over in Mexico, and he's been in the US for less than a year. It's way too early to put him on any all time list.

Jerry Lynn- I know almost nothing about Jerry Lynn because I've never been exposed to his wrestling. But the fact that I know his name and the fact that he's a former ECW World Heavyweight Champion and that he had one of the most epic feuds in ECW history with Rob Van Dam should be proof enough that this man is NOT overrated. Nobody is saying he's one of the all time greats, but he did a great job in ECW.

Shelton Benjamin- I have no issue with him being on the list, but these assholes strike me as the type of people who would complain about how underrated and under-appreciated he is. They make me sick to my stomach.

Christopher Daniels- Once again, is anyone saying Daniels is the best little guy in the history of wrestling? Is anyone saying he's in the top 5, or even top 10? Daniels is a fantastic wrestler, but he is what he is, and nobody is going to say he's better than Guerrero or Benoit or even Rey Mysterio.

Finlay- He worked his ass off for wrestling his entire life, trained many of the stars we see today, he's held numerous titles and had some pretty entertaining feuds, and nobody is really singing his praises from the top of a skyscraper. In order to be overrated, people have to overrate you.

William Regal- Regal is a fantastic wrestler and a tremendous talent outside the ring as well. Rarely do you find someone who can maintain this hard-ass attitude and still be so fucking funny. And, once again, he's trained many of the stars of today. AND nobody is saying he's one of the best ever. Nobody is overrating him, he shouldn't be on this list.

Gorgeous George- The man who invented the modern gimmick is overrated? How can one be overrated if their impact on wrestling is still being felt to this day?

Dean Malenko- Nobody would ever say he is or ever was better than some of his counterparts, and he wasn't the most amazing wrestling personality of all time (though he was apparently a really fun guy backstage), but he could put on one hell of a match.

Owen Hart- Could have been bigger than Bret.

Christian- He's fantastic in the ring, he's a riot on the mic, and he and Edge will forever be remembered as one of the best tag teams the WWE ever produced.

Curt Hennig- Possibly one of the best ever in the ring, and that's the truth. He also had a fantastic character.

Miss Elizabeth- How is Miss Elizabeth overrated? She was hot, that's what she was.

Jerry the King Lawler- This pisses me off. He can work a good match to this day! He's a territory legend, and is hailed as some sort of deity in Memphis.

Hulk Hogan- He made wrestling what it is today, and that's a fact.

Triple H- We covered this.

They're just fucking morons. Wrestling websites should make sure their writers have an IQ that is three figures before giving them an article to spread their filth.

1. Absolutely not. This is the dumbest list of a plethora of dumb lists involving wrestlers that I've ever seen. Ultimate Warrior comes to mind. Of course, this is all objective, but I can't wrap my head around this one.

2. Honestly..... I don't now if I think any of the wrestlers listed should be on this list. I was trying to find a few I could break down, but the list is complete shit. Yes, to an extent, everyone is overrated in some form or fashion, though it is objective. However, with the preface they gave, you can tell this was done to mark these people in a negative light. It wasn't simply mentioning people who get too much credit. It was people who felt they needed these people to be seen in a negative light.

3. Ultimate.... Warrior.

The problem with lists like these is that it is all personal opinion and people seem to forget that Wrestlers they hate are generally very talented.

1. No, not even a little. This myth of him being where he is today because he married Steph is just ridiculous.

2. There are a few, but to me the main one is Christian. Why is he overated? He gives his hear and sole to the company and has never been rewarded with a World title by the WWE. That's their bad, not his.

3. Like I said, it's all opinion and 95% of people will hate me for this but Stone Cold. I hated him and wanted the Rock to be in his position, but I still respeact his ability and promos, but I thought everyone overated him. I mean I drink lost of beer too! Do you love me?

Oh i feel like i just commited wrestling sacrilege, but IMO

Slightly overrated, but the most overrated is stretching it a little bit. He can draw, is good in the ring, may be a little too overhyped for my taste and a tad bit too political, but even I can't call him the most in history.

Owen - Good in the ring and great on the mike
Elizabeth - How can any one call her overrated ? She was one of the first female
managers in the history of wrestling. She's iconic.
Maybe she didn't do much in terms of talking, but she didn't need to do
any.
Hennig - Good on the mike and in the ring, how can he be overrated

Gorgeous George - he was one of the biggest stars in the television era. Sorry I don't
get that placing

Christian - Overrated ? The guy is good on the mike, in the ring. I don't think so.

Hulk Hogan - One of the largest money makers in history, he helped bring in another
golden age for wrestling. He isn't great in the ring, I wasn't a great fan of
his, but even I have to admit the man helped to put wrestling on the
mat.Absolutely no way he should be on the list, imo.

That's really hard. I could say Rick Flair, as I don't think he was a great wrestler, and the ridiculous number of title reigns seem more about his ego rather than his true worth. However, he was really good on the mike, was a part of the most historic stable in the history of the business, so perhaps it's might be more personal on my part than anything else. Maybe he should have quit sooner.

Goldberg might be one that comes to mind. Had a couple of impact moves and that's about it, yet he becomes arguably one of the biggest stars for WCW. Diesel is another. Yes, he was good on the mike, but he wasn't great in the ring by any means so him being on the list is ok by me. Orton might be another. He's better as a heel not nearly that great on the mike. Batista is another. He needs to led in that ring and he can't talk. These guys could have found a lot of other performers to fill the list.

The list is horrible, I am no fan of Hogan but he is the reason wrestling is what it is today. And Triple H? Please, he is the third biggest star of the attitude era, which may be the height of wrestling popularity.

Finally, a fitting accolade for the "Ultimate Midcarder"!

Personally, I hope the "4-move wonder" never comes back to once again ruin my television with boring, uninspired, poor-excuses for wrestling matches.

Stick to Hollywood! Looks like the Chaperone is gonna be huge!

:yousuck:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back