• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Triple H becoming the Rock?

Decarow

WZ's Resident GameStop Advisor
Everybody knows HHH loves wrestling. But he also seems like the guy that probably went through a lot of phases as a teen, and went through them hardcore. So whenever he does something, he goes at it with extremity. Lately, he's put his feet into making movies. He's stated that he enjoyed it, yet stills loves wrestling.

However I feel like he will eventually retire from wrestling and try to make movies. I do not feel like he will be ass successful as the Rock (granted the Rock had to make a few movies before being respected in Hollywood). If he sticks around long enough, he could have a few good roles. But I also see him as the guy to go back to wrestling as soon as he sees his movie career is going nowhere (I'm looking at you too, Batista).

So my questions to you are:

1. Do you feel like he will try to venture out of the ring to make more movies?

2. Do you think he will be successful at it?

3. Do you think he would still have a hand in WWE politics if he leaves for Hollywood?

He'll make some more movies, because WWE Films = McMahon vanity project. He won't do anything major outside WWE films though. He's always going to have a say in what's going on in WWE, as he is one half of the heir-apparent couple.

Although I do see HHH wrestling career coming to an end I wont go as far to say he will go "Hollywood"
I personally see the movies as a side gig to keep WWE in Hollywood so to speak which was the whole reason for the guest host concept to keep WWE Hollywood and or mainstream.

Its hard for me to say if he will be good at it,he played the "bad guy" so well I dont see why not beside he wasnt half bad in blade trinity.

Finally HHH will always have a hand in the backstage politics he is a mcmahon (by marriage) and as of now it has been said he is mcmahons right hand guy and most likely the one to resume control with stephanie of course after mcmahon steps down.

NO YOU DOPE
HHH IS NOT GOING TO DITCH THE WWE FOR MORE MONEY AS HE DOESNT NEED IT IF HES GONNA BECOME CO BOSS, WWE FILMS WILL HAVE HHH AS A PERMANENT STAR ONCE HES RETIRED

NO YOU DOPE
HHH IS NOT GOING TO DITCH THE WWE FOR MORE MONEY AS HE DOESNT NEED IT IF HES GONNA BECOME CO BOSS, WWE FILMS WILL HAVE HHH AS A PERMANENT STAR ONCE HES RETIRED

Name calling isn't necessary, and technically shouldn't even be tolerated in these forums. Of course HHH doesn't need the money, but he's said his daughters come first. He will take off as much time that he wants to spend time with them. Actors have less time off than wrestlers. He's fishing for excuses.

He's making movies while he still can, just as he's wrestling while he still can.
After he takes control of a sports entertainment company, he won't have time for those other things any more than Vince McMahon ever did.

This type of thing reminds me of how I felt about Ron Van Dam sitting on the sidelines while in his mid-to-late 30's. A person has only so many years they can function as an athlete; why waste it and deny yourself the money you can be earning while it's still possible?

This is also how I feel about Triple H. His future as an administrator is waiting for him....let him do the other stuff while his body still allows it. He was able to make a movie while he couldn't yet wrestle; so he did. But his future isn't in making movies.

I will start by saying how much I hate threads titled "<wrestler A> becoming the next <wrestler B>". These threads are pointless, purely speculation, and normally have little to no correlation between the wrestlers chosen. Either that or the similarities they have are obvious amongst more than the wrestlers chosen.

Anyway, Triple H made a movie. Yippy. Why are we automatically going to place him in a category with The Rock? They're like apples and oranges. The Rock is a better actor, has a better look, is capable of being more versatile on-screen, is is obviously less dedicated to pro-wrestling than Triple H.

Triple H's life revolves around the business of pro-wrestling. According to many reports, he's currently working to take over development of new talent. Why would he give up all of this in order to pursue movies just because he made a second-rate film that doesn't even rival "Knucklehead?"

Trips is staying as a part of the WWE for the long run. Don't expect him to go anywhere.

Completely agree with D-Man... HHH doesn't have "the look" of Hollywood.

The Rock has several unique qualities that make him appealing to movie producers and casting directors - he's good looking, can talk (deliver lines) with the best of them and his facial expressions are second to none.

When you watch The Rock in an acting role, you don't particularly see a former wrestler, you see an actor. HHH looks and acts like a wrestler when he's in a movie role. Just watch "Blade: Trinity" for proof of that. Steve Austin has the same problem which is why most of his movies are garbage, even though I thought "THe Condemned" was pretty good. Hogan and Piper suffer or suffered from the same fate - they're nothing more than good wrestling actors. John Cena has potential, but he's incredibly raw right now.

The Rock had the luxury of receiving some great roles early in his acting career and it catapulted him to the top of Hollywood's list. He's not making "C" quality flicks, but he's certainly not making Oscar worthy movies either.

HHH will never be anything other than a wrestler turned prospering actor.

Seriously whats going on with HHH? Im dissapointed in this guy right now. This is the same guy who claims he bleeds this industry and this is all he wanted to ever do. Yet here he is at 41 and starting all this retirement im worn out and wanna work backstage crap. This is ******ed and not even typical of who he claims to be. I dont know whats going on with him but hes changed. The movie stuff isnt going to be his big thing and he knows it. I just dont get some of these guys anymore , they have become weak and whiny and alot of them are only in their 40s and they start this crap. Guys like Austin and Michaels and Mark Callaway and Adam Copeland and Jericho all these dudes who arent that old are becoming weird and half ass retiring. Over 50 or over 55 and I can understand but in their 40s????/ HHH is 41 and its way to soon for him to semi retire and just leave the ring and not wrestle. Vince McMahon is a real man , hes like 65 and will still get in the ring and take the abuse because hes a mean SOB in life and isnt weak. These big WWE guys need to toughen up. You think someone like Darren Drozdov wouldnt kill to be able to perform again. These guys are healthy and leaving the 'wrestling ring' for no reason. And the family excuse is the biggest bullcrap in the history of the world for athletes to use. They always say they wanna spend time with their families and then guess what happens when they retire, They end up doing a few vacations and then move on to different stuff and still dont end up with their families that much. Nobody alive wants to be around their family 24/7.

1. Do you feel like he will try to venture out of the ring to make more movies?

2. Do you think he will be successful at it?

3. Do you think he would still have a hand in WWE politics if he leaves for Hollywood?

1. Possibly. However, a few things stop him. First, he looks like a wrestler. He reminds me of Mike Tyson. I don't care how good of an actor either become... they look like athletes transplanted into a movie.

Also... he's not a great actor. That will also hurt him. He doesn't have that ONE special thing that sets him apart in the action movie genre, either.

2. No.

3. I don't think he has MUCH of a hand now, truthfully. I think that's been blown out of proportion a little bit, anyway. He's also been someone who's taken care of himself. I'm sure like many others, he tries to bury other. But, I don't think he's the first, only, last guy to do it. I don't even think he did it the most, to be honest with you.

Vince McMahon has been quoted on several occasions that WWE makes "movies" every Monday night. Tiple H is doing what he is told to do. Vinve wants to make movies. Unfortunately...WWE will never make a true Hollywood Blockbuster

I think Triple H will continue to pop up in movies over the years and probably star in his share of WWE Films' movies.

But, he will not "venture" off and leave wrestling for it. He has a spot backstage now that is continuing to gain power. He now has an official role/title with the company. It is rumored when Vince finally decides to step down, that Stephanie and Trips will be left in charge.

To be honest, I think he wants that more then anything. I am sure he LOVES doing movies. I guarantee he doesn't love movies as much as he would love being the "Boss" of WWE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back