• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Rock: His future in wrestling (if any)

The Rock is never going to come back in any sort of wrestling capacity. His last movie did great business at the box office and solidified his position in the entertainment industry.

And he owes nothing to Vince, btw. Vince made him a star, yes, but Rock made Vince a LOT of money over the years and probably will continue to do so via DVDs and such. Rock moved on and became financially independent of the business. And his career is doing fine, so he likely won't need to come back.

Don't get me wrong, I would love one more Rock match. But obviously Vince, and The Rock knows that he is done with wrestling, and that WWE needs to focus on this crop of superstars, build new legends. And say if Hogan, Rock, and Austin came back full time, then that would take the attention away from the newer guys.

Plus, after being away so long, Rock has gotten really ring rusty.

Lets not keep living in the past, lets look forward to the future guys.

The Rock isn't coming back to the WWE. He is focusing on his acting career, and wrestling has taken too much of a toll on his body. I would like him to come back, but he won't.

The Rock is now an actor and he'll most likely stay that way. His name shouldn't even be associated with wrestling anymore in terms of wrestling news, because it's not wrestling news.

I say wrestling is in his blood. I don't think he will ever make a career out of it again, but I see a special appearance down the line.

We see all the older wrestlers who pop up all the time with special appearances, and it is so often, it doesn't feel as special as I would hope. It has been so long since I've seen the Rock, an appearance at a huge PPV would be insane.

He should really time this just perfectly. Right now, people can still remember him like it was yesterday. If he waits too long for his one night appearance to the point people are beginning to forget more and more about him, it could have negative effects. That being said though, it needs to be long enough down the road, that it will bring a nostalgia sort of feel.

I would say have him pop up at Wrestlemania 25. 25 is a nice, good number. If I am thinking right, it will nearly be 5 years also since the Rock had been seen on WWE tv with the exception of that one pre taped appearance on RAW.

As a big fan of football, I compare The Rock to Barry Sanders as far as living a business they did so well in.

Barry Sanders: One of the best running backs ever, retired way before his career should have been over. Fans and people called him a quitter and said he sold out the Detroit Lions.

The Rock: One of the best sports entertainers ever. Left the business before fans and people say it was over. Accomplished everything he could in the WWE.

Overall: Fan crying and whining that "He sold us out, he lied to us!" shut up. He's a grown ass man, and before he even thinks about considering us in any business decisons, he should do what's best for him and those around him. Which is what he did. I was a huge Rock fan and yet it "hurt" that he'd always say he'd never leave, but yet he did and so soon. But he did what was best for him. He never owed WWE or us anything. Get over it and yourself.

Rock is never going to get in the ring again and wrestle. I for one think wrestling was never in his bloodas he wanted to be a football players, but when he got hurt and couldn't cut it in the NFL, he gave wrestling a shot and almost failed that till the nation idea came up and the rest is history. I think John Cena is right, Rock never had plans of wrestling, it just kind of feel in his lap. It was a way for him to make money as I doubt the guy did great in college to the point he could of had a good living, cuz if he could he would of chose that instead of wrestling.

Rock is done with pro wrestling, he will induct his family and that is it. He may go to Wrestlemania the next night, but I doubt it. I think the Rock inducting his father and grandfather is wrong as he will overshadow them during the induction cermony. I understand inducting his father, but Umaga, Rhikishi could have inducted Mavia.

Rock is a hollywood actor who can get paid 13 million for a movie and can only get about 3million from the WWE. And before saying Floyd Lipgloss Mayweather is getting 20 million, I hear it is a lie, the WWE doesn't have the money for the rock anymore hell they let his WWE contract run out without knowing. Wrestling would hurt Rock career in hollywood and thats it. He will do the Hall of Fame in honor of his father and grandfather, but as for that, thats it. Rock is on the verge of being a hollywood mainstay. He is getting into drama ands other movies. He is done with wrestling, he never had the heart for wrestling as if he did, he would of stayed with the WWE.

I mean look at Triple H, he turned down movies for the passion of the business. John Cena is working both Raw and doing a movie because he has passion for the business. Rock just saw wrestling as a way to make a living and not for the love in his heart. If he did, he would step in the ring for at least Wrestlemania's.

I am a big Rock fan, but hate all his movies after Be Cool, but I come the point that The great One will never be big in wrestling again. For one time, it wouldn't be good. I say if he can't do a year in the company don't come back. Thats why I hope and pray his movies flop so he could come back the WWE, but damn the man, he is great at everything he does.

And for those who say that e owes Vince nothing, Vince gave him a chance when he was broke and out on his luck and gave him a chance because he was Rocky's son. It was Vince who made him a star and put him on TV. Named a PPV and Show which later became a WWE brand after the rock. I think he owes the WWE alot instead always trying to get away from Wrestling. Because he may never know when he has to come back if acting at what is once was for the great one.

The Rock is never coming back to wrestling for more than some possible guest spots in the future. Why? Because he's HAPPY right now in a career where he's making terrible, terrible films that gross enough money that he can support himself comfortably. If he has no problem with making garbage movies at the bottom of the rung, he can't do any worse, so unless he wakes up and realizes that his movies suck and he has no legitimacy as an actor, he'll stick with the kiddie flicks.

You people are a bunch of sour grapes for what he is doing.

The Rock is a great actor, and his movies are very good for what they are.

Don't call them trash because you feel resentment that he'd rather do a charming family movie and stay healthy as opposed to busting his ass in the ring as the Brahma Bull.

The Rock will never wrestle again, and he should not. The Rock is already considered one of the best of all time and he got out with his credibility and status in tact, it was smart of him and a lot of that had to do with his natural born charisma.

He has done everything he could possibly due for the WWE, he still is willing to come back and do appearances in some sense despite his movie career being better off by seperating himself from wrestling slowly.

He owes the WWE nothing. He has paid them back and left on amicable terms.

Long live The Rock. Pardon me. Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson.

The Rock, unlike most wrestlers (eg. Triple H), actually has a look that suits Hollywood though.

He's now in a career where he makes much more money, takes less risks with his body and isn't on the road as much. Are you trying to tell me you wouldn't do the same?

The Rock, unlike most wrestlers (eg. Triple H), actually has a look that suits Hollywood though.

He's now in a career where he makes much more money, takes less risks with his body and isn't on the road as much. Are you trying to tell me you wouldn't do the same?

The torn his ACL filming the movie the gameplan so he is still at risk. I just think that the WWE should stop using him as everytime he does a interview, he never mentions the WWE anymore. He acts like he never stepped foot in a ring. My thing is show respect toward the industry that put him on the map, instead of always forgetting where he came from. No one knows Dwayne Johnson, they know The Rock. The Rock sells movies.

The torn his ACL filming the movie the gameplan so he is still at risk. I just think that the WWE should stop using him as everytime he does a interview, he never mentions the WWE anymore. He acts like he never stepped foot in a ring. My thing is show respect toward the industry that put him on the map, instead of always forgetting where he came from. No one knows Dwayne Johnson, they know The Rock. The Rock sells movies.

Why? He has done plenty for the WWE when he hasn't had too. Hell, he came back last year for a one shot interview to help build up the Umaga/Lashley match. He's coming back this year to induct his dad and grandfather into the hall of fame. He isn't under any contractual obligation to be with the WWE. Just leave the guy alone. If he wants to say the WWE is bullshit for stupid people that like fake fights, then you know what, that's his opinion.

The WWE doesn't care. They are going to ****e him out as much as possible. The Rock has a DVD coming out this year without him promoting it. The WWE still uses the rock to make money, so who cares if he shows up or not. He's a grown ass man who has said he's done with the business. He's been out of the business full time for 7 years now, he was only in the business 4 1/2 years full time. It's time to get a hint.

Why? He has done plenty for the WWE when he hasn't had too. Hell, he came back last year for a one shot interview to help build up the Umaga/Lashley match. He's coming back this year to induct his dad and grandfather into the hall of fame. He isn't under any contractual obligation to be with the WWE. Just leave the guy alone. If he wants to say the WWE is bullshit for stupid people that like fake fights, then you know what, that's his opinion.

The WWE doesn't care. They are going to ****e him out as much as possible. The Rock has a DVD coming out this year without him promoting it. The WWE still uses the rock to make money, so who cares if he shows up or not. He's a grown ass man who has said he's done with the business. He's been out of the business full time for 7 years now, he was only in the business 4 1/2 years full time. It's time to get a hint.

He does owe the WWE a little more as without WWE TV, he would never had been a star. I mean he shouldn't turn his back on the business as it was the business that made him. He would of never been a hollywood star without the WWE. My thing is that he could at least do something for wrestling by mentioning the WWE or just wrestling in general. Give a rub back to the WWE through the media. He is not going to lay down in matches, might as well do it in interviews. Put over John Cena, put over Randy Orton, talk about what is going on in wrestling so that others can see where he came from.

Why would he come back? Everybody is right he makes way more money as an actor than a wrestler. It's not about us the fans at the end of the day, the wear and tear these guys go through is insane. He gave us a good 10 some odd years in the business, that's fine with me. Anyway think of it this way, he could be the first wrestler to make a blockbuster movie, he has the talent...he just needs the right cast with the right role.

Why would he come back? Everybody is right he makes way more money as an actor than a wrestler. It's not about us the fans at the end of the day, the wear and tear these guys go through is insane. He gave us a good 10 some odd years in the business, that's fine with me. Anyway think of it this way, he could be the first wrestler to make a blockbuster movie, he has the talent...he just needs the right cast with the right role.

The Rock never put in 10 years into the Wrestling buisness. His debut in the WWE was in 1997 and he left in 2003. Thats 6 years and thats being generous considering he left after WM 17 to film The Scorpion King and then left after Summerslam 2002. He returned for No Way Out 2003 to face Hogan and stayed until Backlash 2003. So really its more like 4 1/2-5 years and I am pretty sure he wasnt working a road schedule when he came back in 2003.

I dont really think he owes the WWE anything anymore. The WWE gave him a shot to become a star. He became a star and made them a lot of money. I think it would be cool to see him come back every once and a while for a special appearence but as far as The Rock coming back full time that ship has sailed.

I would love to see The Rock come back full time but thats just not going to happen.

The Rock really only has two things he needs to do before leaving wrestling for good.first he needs to whoop John Cena's ass and then face Shawn Micheals at Mania and have Dream match of the century. Sure facing. Edge, Orton, Kennedy, Batista,MVP, ReyRey, and Umaga would be killer hell the promo's alone would be worth it. But he really has done it all. If anything go to TNA and have the Samoan Dream Match against Joe.

The Rock really only has two things he needs to do before leaving wrestling for good.first he needs to whoop John Cena's ass and then face Shawn Micheals at Mania and have Dream match of the century. Sure facing. Edge, Orton, Kennedy, Batista,MVP, ReyRey, and Umaga would be killer hell the promo's alone would be worth it. But he really has done it all. If anything go to TNA and have the Samoan Dream Match against Joe.

He does owe the WWE a little more as without WWE TV, he would never had been a star. I mean he shouldn't turn his back on the business as it was the business that made him. He would of never been a hollywood star without the WWE. My thing is that he could at least do something for wrestling by mentioning the WWE or just wrestling in general. Give a rub back to the WWE through the media. He is not going to lay down in matches, might as well do it in interviews. Put over John Cena, put over Randy Orton, talk about what is going on in wrestling so that others can see where he came from.

Why would The Rock name drop Cena whilst he's doing promotion for The Game Plan, or whatever shit he's in this week. The Rock is considered a cool guy by all accounts. I doubt he'd want to change peoples perceptions of him. Name dropping people who he's never wrestled, who people in mainstream media have never heard of, in a silly sport he used to do years ago, will make him come across as a total weirdo.

Completely agree with Jake, he'd be an even bigger joke of an actor if he started putting over professional wrestlers in film interviews. Christ, I saw him on Jonathan Ross and all they did was fuck around, but it would have still been weird if he started talking about guys who everybody else has heard of. I've said it before and I'll say it again, The Rock doesn't owe anything to the WWE and, unless he'd have some sort of big match with HBK, I wouldn't even be interested in him coming back.

Plain and simple, he has no future in the business. At one point he was one of the main attractions, and most people found him entertaining. I liked his gimmick, he and Jericho were 2 of the best on the mic, and against each other. But that's all gone now. The Rock has moved on from the WWE, onto something he finds better. And he's good at it, why would he leave that? Add it on to the fact he's even more well known, and gets extra money, the chanes of him returning are very slim.

I think it is slightly rude for him to not come back every so often just for a special appearance, but recently it's come to light he'll appear at the Hall of Fame, which lessens that feeling slightly. I agree with certain people who have said it seems as if he's forgotten pretty much what made him,and how at one point he said the WWE fans for everything. But at the same time, I understand why he's moved on, and well, he deserves it.

Its pretty obvious that The Rock has no future with the company and it is nothing to hold against him. Why should he come back, he makes way more money making movies and takes much less physical abuse doing so. Yeah he tore his ACL filming The Gameplan, but thats not the abuse you associate with wrestling. Its the constant pain you are in from the bumps and bruises you take in the ring. Why would anybody choose that and less money over making more money, minus the physical abuse. He doesn't owe WWE anything, he gave the WWE his best and made it the biggest it had ever been during the Attitude Era, he simply found a better career to have. Any one of us would have made that decision, and I totally understand why he moved on and will never return to the ring again.

Although it is true that the Rock was built on the WWE. It is fair he went his own way if he chooses to do that, it is his life after all. What I DONT agree on, is the fact he seems to ignore the WWE, would it really hurt him to make a few visits to the WWE every so often.

I miss the rock too :(. WWE doesnt seem the same without him. I have been watching video clips of him on you tube and wow he was so funny back then. I think Dwayne Johnson is finished with WWE for good now. He has said in interviews he wants to concentrate on his movie career. I very much doubt he will even come back for one off appearances like he did last year to hype up Wrestlemania. Its a shame really as he had thousands of fans. And he really was great entertainment. He made WWE what it is today.

I'm happy for the guy. He's made a smooth transition from one thing to another, but he gets a load of shit for it. The guy doesn't owe anybody anything. Even when he became a part-time wrestler in 2002, he still made lots of appearances, and in the process putting people over left and right.

What I DONT agree on, is the fact he seems to ignore the WWE, would it really hurt him to make a few visits to the WWE every so often.

What? How does he ignore the WWE? Because he has a life, a job which requires lots of time, travel, hard work and dedication as well as having a child? The guy shouldn't have to make visits every so often. Why should he? Even recently he spent the large majority of an interview with Jonathan Ross talking about wrestling, and even said something along the lines of 'I thanked everybody I needed to thank'.

the rock can stay makin movies.. i miss watchin the rock wrestle n dissin ppl.. BUT the rock forgot that he wouldnt be nothin without the wwe he shud at least appear at mania.. hogan is way bigger than the rock n he comes back once in while.. who does the rock thinks he is.. he shud stay in hollywood n never go bak

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back