• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

**Merged** Was The Rock A Sellout, Or Just Very Smart?

Am I the only person who thinks that The Rock could be at Wrestlemania 25 as a legend fighting Chris Jericho?

How anyone could consider the Rock a sell out is beyond my comprehension. Wrestling is 75% acting. It only seems logical to me that he make that progression into the world of acting. I am not looking up any statistics, but I would venture to say that the Rock has had at least moderate success in the film industry. And I have not heard of any instances where he has put down the wrestling world.

You can't fault a man for wanting to explore other avenues. Especially when he achieved all there's is accomplish in the wrestling world. Really...what was left for the Rock to do that he hadn't already done?

How anyone could consider the Rock a sell out is beyond my comprehension. Wrestling is 75% acting. It only seems logical to me that he make that progression into the world of acting. I am not looking up any statistics, but I would venture to say that the Rock has had at least moderate success in the film industry. And I have not heard of any instances where he has put down the wrestling world.

You can't fault a man for wanting to explore other avenues. Especially when he achieved all there's is accomplish in the wrestling world. Really...what was left for the Rock to do that he hadn't already done?

Now I've read the article on the main site, and I totally agree with you RVDgurl. Wrestling is just like acting, and the Rock saw that to get him on the next stage. It happens in all walks of life that you want a job one place, but you need to get some other recognition before you move up a notch.

The Rock said:
"I retired five years ago. That was a character I loved playing. That gave me the opportunity to move on and to transition. That created a platform for me that can never be duplicated."

I think I'll always hold a bitterness toward Dwayne Johnson for leaving the industry that I felt made him. Unlike Hulk Hogan, who we can't seem to get rid of, The Rock was more than happy to take his new found fame and fortune in the movie industry and leave everything Pro Wrestling behind.

I can't and won't blame him on any type of the financial front. The movie industry is more giving and less taking. (In other words, less risk, more reward) So on that note, I completely understand why he did it. But regardless, he was a 3rd Generation though, wrestling was in his blood and it was a Family tradition.. and he pretty much, in my opinion, raped it.

He took the company, and once he made a good enough name for himself, turned his back on the Family tradition, for a better one. The fact is, once he becomes a washed up actor in the movies.. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if he came crawling back to the Wrestling industry, to make more appearances as a "Legend".

I hope for his sake he doesn't, because I for one won't be there as a Wrestling fan to greet him any longer. The guy is only doing what benefits himself, and in some manner depending on the situation I can't say I wouldn't do the same. However I do know that if Wrestling was in my blood, and my Family, and I carried the passion for the business that I as a fan carry now.. I'd never have left it the way he did.

He completely turned his back on the business, because the other Hollywood big shots mocked him for it. So he dropped "The Rock", then openly in interviews said "Wrestling isn't important to me, my acting career is where it's at." Fuck Dwayne Johnson. If it wasn't for us as fans, he'd be some side-show prick running the indy scene as "Rocky Maivia".

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back