• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Too Many PPVs!!!

Simply put I'd move it to 6 PPVs a year and throw in some Clash of the Champions (from WCW) or Saturday Nights Main Event style free PPVs. Let rivalries build, and develop. I remember when rivalries went on for seemingly months and it was never a problem because they weren't stale they were planned out fully and executed to near perfection. Need an example? How about...I know I know this one will be horrible but DDP vs. Macho Man. That rivalry developed over a long stretch of time. And it was great because both men went at it like mad men. Sold injuries, got "jumped" etc etc. It was a long, well thought out process. Now a days it's *boom* you guys are rivals...why? well..just because we want you to be. Then as quickly as it started it ends.
Simple formula for the WWE: Decrease PPV's, increase customer interaction/satisfaction.
Give us 2 HUGE PPVs. Call them WrestleMania and the other Starrcade. Increase rivalry length. Have storylines that make sense and use PPVs to expand rivalries. Let rivalries play out over say 2-3 months. Then spice things up. Have an "injury". Give it a loser leave match. Give the rivalry a DEFINITE finality.

I would hate to be the guy to burst Vince's bubble by telling him the stock holders are utter MORONS and it's not about what THEY want, it's about what WE want.

I like the idea of 6 PPV's a year!! Especially now with the upcoming WWE Network. This means we have 24/7 WWE! Having one off PPV's like Saturday's Night's Main Event or Taboo Tuesday would work well. I think a big PPV Supercard like every two months would really work better than the rubbish right now. I remember the days when I really looked forward to the buildups to PPV (pre. World Wildlife Fund days!) PPV's these days seem just like another episode of RAW. Finally I've never been a fan of these themed PPV's - 'Extreme Rules, Elimination Chamber, Hell in a Cell, TLC'; I feel it takes away the element of surprise of what to expect.

JAN/FEB: ROYAL RUMBLE

MAR/APR: WRESTLEMANIA

MAY/JUN: KING OF THE RING

JUL/AUG: SUMMERSLAM

SEPT/OCT: VENGEANCE

NOV/DEC: SURVIVOR SERIES

Make these big Supercards PPVs. The more RAW & Smackdown's should inbetween can really establish feuds and also allow WWE more time to change storylines if they feel there not working; rather than just be ignored and done with.​

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back