• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Today's WWE crowds are contributing to ruining the show

These chants are even more annoying when they dont fit. they were chanting boring during vinces promo last night and it was anything, but boring.

These chants are even more annoying when they dont fit. they were chanting boring during vinces promo last night and it was anything, but boring.

Well, I am going to have to disagree with that. Some people may now feel that chanting "Boring" while Vince McMahon is in the ring is disrespectful, and it is. But, at the same time, they are paying customers. And if they don't feel like they are getting their money's worth ... which they haven't been from WWE for a long time now .... then they can chant "Boring" ... even at Vince McMahon.

I personally thought Vince's promo last night was one of the laziest, no-effort promos I've ever seen. It was over in 5 seconds, and Vince said absolutely nothing in it. Even Lawler said "Is that it?" It was one of the worst promos he's ever done on TV and clearly was a last-second job.

The days of Spoon Feeding and taking whatever Vince gives fans, are slowly coming to an end. Good for the fans for finally waking up.

Boring chants are part of business. They are customers and if you aren't giving them a reason to be happy, then you run the risk of the crowd becoming unruly.

The "WHAT?" chants ... there is no excuse for, other than to be disruptive. That is one of the only chants I can not tolerate and do not agree with the audience on. It serves absolutely no purpose but to show the world how idiotic the crowds can be, just because they think it's funny.

"Boring" chants, however I think are often times chanted because the crowd is legitimately not pleased. And that's part of business.

VERY WELL SAID WRESTLINGFAN2.

I really don't get it either.I myself am not a huge John Cena fan.I am a fan but the only reason why i am a fan is because i respect the hell out of him and he's worked his ass off for the wwe.Yes i get tired of the same ol 5 moves of DOOM.But he works his tail off for the company.But same thing for the Hulkster back in the day.Brawl a little Hogan has his way,opponet has his way for awhile Hogan Hulks up,1,2,3, punches,swing against the ropes,boot to the face,leg drop.How many years did we see that and we continued to yell our asses off for the man.

Back to the topic.Some wrestling fans are really complete morons.Anyway boo the heels and yell for the faces.This is America do what you want.But thats the way it should be.

People cheer who they want to cheer. It was what helped Stunning Steve Austin become Stone Cold. And who cares if heels get cheered? It just means they're entertaining. Some people now have the idea that heels should be booed all the time. I boo people who don't entertain me and cheer those who do. In my opinion WWE had a chance back in the beginning of 09 to make a new Stone Cold with Randy Orton but they dropped the ball with a single promo. Each and every one of the guys that you listed (Rock, Hogan, Flair, and Austin) were cheered as heels even when they insulted the crowd.

And certain matches should have the boring chant. For example, any Hardcore Holly or JBL match ever should, but luckily they're gone now. Which is another small point I have. JBL was awful. I'd rather watch the best of The Great Khali before watching a single JBL match. Some fans here claim he was this great heel because he got people to hate him. He got people to hate him because he was awful!

However I do agree that the What? chant is one of the worst things about WWE. It's in TNA but not to WWE's extent. I hate Stone Cold for it.

And lastly, I'm guessing that if I hung out with John Cena I'd think he was the coolest dude on the planet. Does that mean I should respect his character? I hate the Cena character but the guy seems alright. His promos and in ring skill remind me of The Ultimate Warrior, which is sad because I've seen John Cena (the guy) put on good matches. It's just that his Superman gimmick doesn't allow him to. He won't change my mind by getting more beaten up or adding more moves. He will change it by modifying his character. Either come out and squash people or come out and have good matches. Don't come out and get squashed then destroy a guy with (huh! Oh no! Can you feel it!?) FIVE MOVES OF DOOM.

But that's just me.

I agree with respecting the wrestlers oh excuse me....the entertainers...but creative has been putting out complete shit for a few years now. Boring promos, lackluster storylines...it's pathetic. I don't think the chants are directed at the wrestlers themselves but at creative and justly so. Look at the bright side, they ain't throwing shit at the ring yet.

wow. lots of crying on here.. i thought that was the best crowd ive ever seen! Just because cena is a face, doesnt mean he fits the type of character i like. he wins over the kids which is what hes supposed to do. I think he is a horrible face and deserves what is coming to him. back when he was a heel, he was great at it and he needs to go back..some wrestlers are good at one or the other.. austin could never go heel again.. fans would never boo him.. why? because he was a great face. i love dx.. theyre good at being both... why do we have to cheer for somethng terrible? randy orton is an amazing entertainer and if i wanna cheer him, im going to..i love it when fans do what they want. maybe it will wake up the wwe and they will listen to what we want. DX doesnt get booed because theyre good at what they do.. cena sucks.. quit crying

You are the stupid one. Was cheering for Flair when he was the heel NWA cheering the wrong person. Sid Vicious, the NWO, Vader. The Road Warriors were so popular as heels in the AWA they had to be paired against heel teams while not changing their act, Crockett Promiotions tried to turn them by having them betray Sting and then Dusty and the fans still cheered the Road Warriors. Fans for years have cheered for people the promotion didn't want them to.

The boring chant is a long held wrestling tradition and will never go away.

The fans should shit on a feud between Vince McMahon vs. Bret Hart, where's the payoff? A match between the roid head owner of the company who thinks a dwarf acting like he suffers from severe mental problems is entertaining against an out of shape middle age ex-wrestler who sufferd a stroke and goes back to a company who he blaimed for his brother's death and then forgave the owner on camera for the whole initial point of the fued.

Respect the business ? How many companies do you know where people can physically abuse other employees, deficate on other employees belongings, expose themselves to other employees and airline staff on trips, and call the women employees ****s who don't deserve their jobs, because they expect to work in a professional enviroment, have that information be leaked and the offenders keep their jobs while the victims are released? Oh the one we should respect.

If the WWE wants a smart audience they should attempt to make a smart product.

There's a lot of different way I could go here, but I'll take the in person approach.

When you attend a live show, you can pretty much throw any conventional wisdom out the window. If someone like the Miz does a good job at telling me I suck, then yes I am going to cheer him. It's entertainment and I want people who can entertain.

The heels have to be much more convincing than the faces, which is why when someone effectively elicits a big pop (good, bad, or mixed) I'm happy as long as it's something that creates energy in the arena. There's nothing worse than having someone up there who can't perform on the mic or in the ring. That combination is pretty rare. This is why I usually find myself rooting for the heels because they are the best performers.

Guys like Cena are no fun to watch on tv because you know the exact trajectory his match takes with the finish being the only modification. But when you're at a live event you almost feed off of knowing what comes next (not always, but yes at times) and it actually raises the excitement level until all the fans in unison count the 1-2-3.

WWE caters to the live audiences and it shouldn't be any other way. They have a flawless tv presentation, but the show still revolves around the live audience, which unless you go to only live events, you see a much more homogenized product.

Completely 100% agree with the OP on this matter.

But there's one thing even worse than the booing/cheering out of line, what chants, boring chants or any chants you can think of. What is it?

Nothing.

Yes, nothing. The sound of nothing.

It is pathetic how QUIET crowds are these days. People like to blame it on the kiddies and their families. I don't know if that's the case as crowds were pretty hot back in the Hogan era which was family based as well IIRC.

Either way, it's not as enjoyable to watch if the crowd isn't into it. People need to stop sitting on their hands and react to what is happening, appreciate what is happening and understand what is happening in the ring. These people are trying to put on a show for YOU, get off your ass and tell them how you feel! Boo or cheer, it doesn't matter! DO SOMETHING!

Last night's Raw was ridiculous. They were cheering Orton, telling Cena he sucked, and chanting the Miz is awesome(which I believe he is, but thats not the point). Everybody who is smart enough to know who is good and who isn't shouldn't be chanting at wrestling events. Let the kids do the screaming and sit there and observe your favorites.

I went to an event last year, at the All-state arena, and I have no clue if you could hear it on tv or not, but there was a loud Y2J chant going. Sure the kids tried to get a 619 chant going for Mysterio, but it was no use. The faces are faces, and the heels are heels, and us advanced fans should just let it be.

As for the what chant, they should have never let that thing start up. So I don't blame the fans for chanting that.

honestly its freedom of speech, there is no right and wrong person to boo, you cheer for the superstar YOU like, so if you are going to make a stupid thread like this, at least be sensible, and for the wwe crowd last nighm i couldnt agree with them more, FREE-DOM OF SPEECH!!!

Completely 100% agree with the OP on this matter.

But there's one thing even worse than the booing/cheering out of line, what chants, boring chants or any chants you can think of. What is it?

Nothing.

Yes, nothing. The sound of nothing.

It is pathetic how QUIET crowds are these days. People like to blame it on the kiddies and their families. I don't know if that's the case as crowds were pretty hot back in the Hogan era which was family based as well IIRC.

Either way, it's not as enjoyable to watch if the crowd isn't into it. People need to stop sitting on their hands and react to what is happening, appreciate what is happening and understand what is happening in the ring. These people are trying to put on a show for YOU, get off your ass and tell them how you feel! Boo or cheer, it doesn't matter! DO SOMETHING!

The WWE are the only ones to blame here. They cart out a stale product week after week. The focus too much on entertainment and not enough on sports entertainment.

Well honestly I remember when the rock was heel and people cheered him like a face. The nWo were suppose to be heels, but the fans ate them up like no tomorrow. So if they want to cheer for who they want to cheer for then do so if they understand whats going. If they are doing stupid what chants during a heated discussion, or when someone is making an important announcement, then they are dumber then expected. It's like when people comment a movie. I once heard someone comment the Dark Knight by saying " It was nice and all, but why does he have to be a bat? Can't he be tigerman, and why did that half face guy have a coin?"

When you don't know what's going on, and you put opinion towards something, and that opinion contradicts what the show was doing then, that means stupidity has occurred. If a heel gets a face reaction, that's okay, but when the crowd has no idea was going on, then we are in trouble. This was the first crowd cheered the Miz! The Miz people, that joke of a reality TV star who attempts wrestling, and has somehow got wins over actually guys who train in the business. That guy got cheers, that means that crowd was dumber then shit. They had no idea what was going on. It's like when you take a girlfriend to the baseball game, and she cheers when you team hits a foul ball, or swings and a strikes. That was that crowd last night. So hey, go ahead and pay money for your tickets, just understand what the hell is going on.

The Miz is a solid performer. You can tell he cares about what he does, is dedicated, and puts forth the effort.

His character is great too because he is a guy who claims to be better than everyone else, but does so in such a rough fashion. "I'm the Miz and I'm awesome" - to me that a great catch phrase because of how simple it is. He comes across like a meathead, but it never occurs to him (the character) as to how silly he really sounds to everyone else.

Like I said earlier, if the effort is there, I will cheer that guy, good, bad - doesn't matter. I'm here to be entertained and I'll be entertained anyway I see fit.

I think the fans at the arena have it backwards. If you like the work a heel is doing, don't cheer, boo the crap out of them. That's how they know they are doing their job. If a face sucks, boo his ass too, thats how they know who isn't connecting with the crowd. That what chant died with Austins career, maybe when he hosts Raw he'll tell ppl to STFU already and let it go.

They are definitely contributing. There are still many fans today that live under the ECW mentality and/or adhere to Vince's "Cure for the Common Show" monologue. Adding to that, the culture that we live in is very much saturated with "the customer is always right" to a fault, where it's almost as if the customer can respond in whatever way he or she sees fit to the business.

But the product is also contributing. If the customer was satisfied with the product, then there would be some energy in the crowd. For instance, Bret Hart was the host of Raw last week. Bret freaking Hart. The guy who hasn't been in WWE in 12 years, thought he was bigger than the business, and punched Vince in the face. Did the Dayton crowd care? No. The show was boring. They brought out Shawn to face Bret at the beginning of the show. THE BEGINNING OF THE SHOW. Who cares after that? Sure, there is some heat between Bret and Vince, but the main heat seems to be around Shawn and Bret. And they effectively dissolved 12 years of hatred in a rather boring and emotionless exchange. I would rather have had the mystery live forever than for that to happen. Anyway, once that exchange happened...I couldn't have really cared less. I was KIND OF interested to see Vince and Bret...and am more interested now. But I was watching TNA during the Bret-Vince segment because I didn't care. I had already popped (poorly I might add) after the Bret-Shawn segment.

And the problem generally lies in the pop. I don't want to go freaking nuts at 9:30. I want to pop at 11:03. WWE should want us to pop at 11:03, too. It just doesn't happen anymore.

FINALLY i hope Vince finally realizes that the older portion of his audience is not 5 years old anymore. This is why i like TNA they give the older fans what they want (wresting, blood, violence, and sexy women). Vince open your eyes, you are entering a fued that everybody been wanting for 12 years and you got only boring chants you need to start the violence like with Austin, Shawn, Hunter, and all the past wrestlers did in the 90's and if little kids don't watch it then, who gives a shit at least you will have you die-hard fans

I've said it before, we fans are a mass of patheticness that can not, nor do we want to be pleased. Whenever Vince tries to do something of shock value, something surprising, we shit on it, chant 'What', 'Boring', whatever else. When tries to use the time tested method that has always seemed to work in the past, we shit on it. As I pointed out with the whole Sheamus winning the title fiasco. How long have we bitched and moaned that we want to see something new and fresh, someone new and fresh as a champ? Then when Vince gives us what we ask for, how do we repay him? We bitch and moan some more. Give me a fucking break, we are pathetic.

I know the fans that are there are paying fans and should get their money's worth and that we have the freedom of speech, backed by our 'constitution'. However wrestling is supposed to be interactive, we are supposed to be a contributing factor to the show, not a detrimental factor. I love Randy Orton, I love The Miz, but I boo the holy hell out of them, because that's what they want to hear. Last night on Raw, there was a 'Randy' chant, do you think he wanted it? Hell no, because it tells him, he's not doing his job becuase he's not getting booed and he's supposed to be, but we ******ed fans have to be 'cool' and cheer the bad guy, not realizing it's pathetic.

As far as the chanting, yeah I kind of agree on the 'boring' one. The fans have a right to voice their displeasure, but in all honesty, most of the fans do not know what a quality wrestling match or a killer promo is these days, so why chant, when they don't understand what they are really chanting for? As for the 'what' chant, well what do you expect? Stone Cold started something that spread like wildfire and sadly it has remained. It is annoying and pretty disrespectful, but then again it didn't help, when other wrestlers used it to their advantage to interact with the fans, it helped fuel the fire. However annoying though it is, there is nothing WWE can about it, we will cheer/boo who we want and chant what we want.

And it doing that we will continue to help ruin the shows. Thank you fans for you undeserving, holier than thou, better than you attitudes that are slowly helping to ruin a once prosperous business. WOOOOOO!

Reading that made clap my hands topic creator the wrestling fan base of today is spoiled rotten with the old ecw and attitude era if its not one of those two things it's not worth giving a chance. I was talking to a friend of mine and i told him that the fans make a wrestler wwe just gives birth to a person perfect example love him or hate him the fans made jeff hardy into a main eventer by buying his merchandise and cheering him you cant expect wwe to do everything. Now with fans not respecting the business these men and women are on the road just about 24/7 I read that matt hardy and friends slept in a car while on the road. i used to be on a chat program and it had a wrestling room. So this guy said cena can die i was like you gotta be kidding me he said nope i mean that. We all know wrestling isnt all real but come on WISHING OR SAYING THAT SOMEONE WOULD DIE for them doing their job is completely absurd. I dont just blame hhh vince stephanie. I blame the snot nosed bratty whining wrestling marks who just watch a program for one wrestler. It's like watching a football game to watch one specific player to make a touchdown. Some of them think they know about wrestling yeah you know about what you see on tv but not the backstage its like the old saying you can walk until you learn to crawl.

Dude, it's wrestling. :rolleyes:

This honestly isn't a big deal. I honestly don't care what the crowd thinks. I don't like John Cena so I boo him, and I even attempted to throw toilet paper at him at a live event back in '06. But that doesn't mean I don't respect him.

Wrestling fans will boo and cheer who ever they want. It's been that way forever. And quite frankly I say it will never change. And besides so what if one crowd boos a face and praises the heels. Most crowds cheer the baby faces, and boo the heels. So leave it be man, it isn't gonna make much of a difference on ruining the show. We already got Hornswoggle for that.

The hypocrisy for topics like this is so flagrant.

Someone complains that people are booing Cena because they're smarks, yet at the same time, they say "I cheer him because I'm supposed to and I respect his work ethic". Uh...so you CHEER him because you, as a 'smart mark', know that the business wants you to, and that you respect his backstage (ie, not on-camera) attitude? That's the same exact thing as saying you boo him because WWE doesn't want you to and that you find John Cena himself to be annoying. I have no clue how so many of you do not understand that.

The "boring" chant = completely justified in most circumstances. If the fans are annoyed that they aren't getting what they paid for, they're perfectly excused when it comes to booing. It's the verbal equivalent of changing the channel, which they can't do when they're at the stadium. If you find something to be entertaining, you cheer, correct? So if you find something to NOT be entertaining...then...what? Should you just sit there and not say anything? Should you still cheer because WWE wants you to? Jesus Christ people, just because you're a fan of something doesn't mean you have to bend to the every will of the thing you're a fan of. Not every storyline on a TV show/movie is great, nor is every actor giving a stellar performance in every scene, nor is every sports team having a perfect game and you shouldn't lie to yourself and try to convince yourself that the things you like are infallible.

The "what" chants are annoying, I agree, but at times they do serve a purpose. If you're doing the "what" chant to a heel, it's a means of booing them, basically. If you do it to a face, it's clearly an issue of one or two things: 1) you genuinely don't like the person, in which case it's ok because you should boo and cheer who you like, not just who they tell you to like 2) you're doing it just to get attention, which is stupid. But here's a thought...if you're a heel and you want to get around the "what" chant, how about you simply keep cutting your promo in a way that ignores it, instead of stopping at oh-so-opportune moments so that the fans can continue. How about just steamrolling through and completely acting like they're not saying it, therefore taking out all the fun? Hm? The simple ideas that people don't think of...

The crowd on Raw last night was not acting like a group of drones programmed to do whatever the WWE wants them to do as if they're the crowd in one of the video games. The crowd last night had opinions - like normal people - and expressed them. There's only one thing that happened last night that I found to be wrong in the slightest sense on the part of the crowd - chanting "Cena sucks" during Kofi's section of the promo. If it was when someone was addressing Cena, or when Cena was talking, then it's perfectly ok, but it wasn't. They started chanting it midway through Kofi talking. Now THAT was clearly a group of people that just wanted to have some fun and get some attention, and THAT is something to be annoyed at. But my god people...I'm so sick and tired of some of you saying that if anyone boos Cena for any reason, that they're some horrible anti-WWE *******s that operate under different rules than you do when you do just the same.

Get off your high horses. You are ALL a part of the IWC. The IWC stands for "Internet Wrestling Community", not "People that Cheer Heels and Boo Faces". If you have your opinions on ANYTHING in wrestling and it's based on insider information or backstage news, it doesn't matter if you cheer for faces and boo for heels, you're still a smark, so get the fuck over it and stop bitching that there are people that would cheer for Stone Cold over Bret Hart because they like him better. The people that change their opinion based on what you're told to like.....you might as well laugh at every joke in every comedy even if you think it's not funny, because you know that you're "supposed to laugh" at it, and the fact that you don't means your own argument is flawed.

One of the things that makes professional wrestling great is its audience. We are a wild and opinionated bunch. Take away our freedom to go crazy for who we want, and you lose the edge that makes being a fan great. The only thing I keep seeing being said by opposers of booing/cheering the wrong person is that it offends them because they don't feel the same way. If you love the Cena character, great. Many of us don't, and you should respect that. You should be 'okay' with the fact that he is going to get boo'd (not entirely by people who HATE him, but by people who respect his work ethic, however simply do not like his character and want to voice that).

I don't understand how a fan of something that has been growing more and more lame in the eyes of the every day person can sit there and honestly complain about one of the last 'cool' things about it. One of the most enjoyable things for me about professional wrestling is being able to pick a wrestler I enjoy, back him no matter if he is a face or heel, and cheer him regardless of circumstance. Another reason why I am a fan is to pick out a guy or two who I really don't care for, and boo him when he faces my favorite. These simple things make what has become a PG snore-fest at least bareable for me. And as a paying customer, what right does anyone else have to tell me I'm wrong?

Some say that even some wrestlers hate it when fans back the wrong guy. Why should that make any difference to the fans? When an author writes a book, the author loses control of what the readers interpret. The author's intent is no longer relevant, and that is how it should be. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and I am beholding that Cena sucks, and I'll continue to chant that at every live event I attend. Thank you!

I am a WRESTLING fan! But at the same time I know that it’s entertainment. Last night’s Raw made me realize how most fans are stupid. The Miz was cheered over MVP when the Miz called everyone in the arena a bunch of morons week after week? Are you that stupid people? For the love of God don’t you get he is insulting you?! I don’t know about you but I’m not a fan of being made fun of. The point is that the Miz is looking to get heat wrestling fans are screwing that up. Finally, Vince went out to continue his storyline with Bret and the Minnesota crowd chants boring!? WTF!? It’s a transition period right now and we had wrestling fans are ruining it. Thanks a lot.

People cheer him because they think he is entertaining. There is nothing wrong with cheering him especially when most of the people cheering his insults know that he is booked to cheer it. They are simply showing that they are tired of what the faces are doing. It doesn't have anything to do with intelligence.

I'm prefectly okay with all the "What" and "Boring" chants. As a matter of fact, I encourage them. Are they weird? Yes. Are they needed? Yes. Live crowd interaction does miracles. I don't blame today's crowds for chanting, I blame them for doing NOTHING! They actually test the wrestlers and give them a window of opportunity to interact with the fans, to make a comment about the chant, to argue with them ( if a heel ). These things make the show a SHOW. Even better if you're in the crowd.

I am thankful for that bunch of fans on Monday voicing their opinion. It's not polite to chant "WHAT" during someone's promo, it's not polite to chant "Boring" during someone's promo, but answer me this. Is it polite to completely ignore the "WWE Universe" and stick the same crap down their throats week IN and week OUT. And don't tell me that "they're trying" because if you watch last week's matches and this week's matches the ONLY difference between them are the oponents. Same bad quality, same sloppy inring work. Same goes for the segments. When's the last time you saw something DIFFERENT? How many times did you see Hornwosggle interrupt a guest host and do the DX crotch chop. How many times did you see him interfere in a match. Each and every week we know how the show goes.

1. Guest host comes out and butchers the wrestling business as he almost trips over the second rope never having to step foot in a 20x20 ring before. His skinny knowledge about pro wrestling and even the names of Vince's minions blazes us and burns our eyebrows off.

2. DX/Orton/Jericho interrupts with their weekly moan about title shots, number one contendership, matches.

3. Eventually the guest host "wrestles".

4. Crappy divas match with a silly ending.

5. Evan Bourne gets PONED!

6. Guest host backstage with ALL of his merchandise, books, movies, videos, DVDs, T-shirts, key chains, having a small chat with Jericho/Orton.

7. Masters makes his titties bounce.

8. Stale Cena promo.

9. Dry DX skit in a pool of their merchandise.

10. Main Event sending people home high and dry.

I honestly feel that WWE crowds nowadays are falling asleep during the show. The only time they realize that "Hey, how about we scream or something?", is when Cena comes out. Other than that it's they're watching freakin Opera. Sitting back, folding their arms and WATCHING. It's not freakin' TV it's a live show for cryin' out loud!

Like I said, crowd interaction is the KEY ingredient for a good show, good promo, etc.

The reason why people cheer heels over faces is pretty simple actually.

In WWE faces are THE FREAKIN' SAME! Wave at the fans, smile at the camera, slap hands on your way down, kiss someone's baby, have morals, be a good little wrestler, hence be Rocky Maivia. Each and every damn face in the WWE right now is a Rocky Maivia.

"Like this guy! He's good looking! You HAVE to like him! He's got NO personality whatsoever but he's billed as a face so you HAVE to cheer for him. I don't care if he was a heel yesterday, I don't care if he butt raped your son, he's a face now so CHEER HIM!!!"

They always "respect" eachother, they admit losses, they do all the boring stuff. I will never, EVER cheer when I have two freakin' oponents at 'Mania for instance, shaking hands and going...

"Good luck man, you're a tremendous performer, I'll be glad to face you in the ring!"

"Thank you, your athleticism, speed and guile will help you in our match. Good luck to you too. Will you be my wife?"

That won't get me to cheer them. A little bit of heat, a little bit of sports rage. THAT'S what makes me cheer the face.

Heels on the other hand..well...they just seem cooler for some reason. Ever since the A.A they just did. All of a sudden bad, edgy, badass, cynical behaviour was considered cool. Besides, for some reason we can really SEE a wrestler's talent when he's a heel. They're more creative, they have no limits in what they do.

Besides, today's fans actually know how hard it is to pull off a good personality infront of the TV, to make a good promo. We don't believe it's real anymore, we look past the characters and go.. " Hm, this guy is a good actor, I like his intensity", not " He's such a loudmouth! He's arrogant! Ah I hate him! Cena is a good guy I love him!".

It's not fans' fault, it's not kiddies' fault, it's pretty much WWE's fault. Yes, we have to cheer - GIVE US SOMETHING TO CHEER FOR!

FINALLY i hope Vince finally realizes that the older portion of his audience is not 5 years old anymore. This is why i like TNA they give the older fans what they want (wresting, blood, violence, and sexy women).

In the spirit of the OP...the older audience is what is contributing to the lack of excitement in the product. The older fans should get over the fact that wrestling has changed a bit in terms of content, and that they aren't going to see Stone Cold and The Rock be recreated. WWE, however, could do a little bit to make the product more compelling, simply by manipulating the crowd a little more. Have a more inspired product.

Vince open your eyes, you are entering a fued that everybody been wanting for 12 years and you got only boring chants you need to start the violence like with Austin, Shawn, Hunter, and all the past wrestlers did in the 90's and if little kids don't watch it then, who gives a shit at least you will have you die-hard fans.

12 years ago, WCW was killing WWF, bro. Fans have been wanting some competition for around 8 or so years...since the product has been on the decline. Kids still like the show, buy the Cena shirts and DX glow sticks, and the parents fork over the money for them. Vince is making $ and is raising a new fan base. The adult fans who want an adult oriented product SHOULD watch TNA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back