• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

To Quote Dixie Carter: "We are going to focus on younger wrestlers" Bullshit!

Look dude, I am going to make a couple of observations here and then I am done. First of all, could I have handled my initial post differently? Well of course I could have handled it differently. I could have taken my traditional approach and stated my argument in a polite and cordial manner. The thing of it is is that I am so sick and tired of people throwing insults at something (in this case TNA) that they know nothing about. The OP obviously had no clue what he was talking about. You say that he was expressing an opinion and that I verbally assaulted him. I honestly don't believe that he was expressing his opinion. His "opinion" is just too absurd to take seriously. All he was trying to do was trash TNA because he doesn't like it.
You don't believe he was expressing an opinion, because you don't like the opinion he expressed. If you start by saying "what he said wasn't an opinion", is it then OK to attack him, since you wouldn't be attacking him for an opinion? That sounds like a pretty good way to justify.... anything.
I also agree that having a BS degree is an outdated government quota. What can I do about that? Regardless of what you believe I was not trying to impress you with my education credentials. I have never mentioned that on any of my previous posts. I was merely stating a fact. Take it or leave it.
Leaving it. Introducing your education into the discussion served absolutely no purpose. Usually, when people are stating facts, they are relevant to the conversation. Unless you just decided to go completely insane and start posting random facts about yourself at the end of your posts, the only purpose mentioning your education could serve would be an attempt to impress people; or, in the same vein, to dress yourself up as something bigger than you appear to be.

The Battle of Verdun claimed 900,000 lives. I'm merely stating a fact.
Finally, you took my "all opinions are worthless" statement out of context. This was partially my fault for not making this statement more clear. "All opinions are worthless" was not meant to be applicable to every opinion. In fact, I just simply meant that for our particular discussion. The distinction being that in our unique back and forth discussion, the only thing that we expressed were our opinions. Therefore our opinions are debatable and are not necessarily fact. Relatively speaking, that makes "all of our opinions worthless", given the context. The difference between our conversation and that of the OP is outlined in the first paragraph.
See, here you talk about how I have to interpret your arguments within a specific context you intended them to be read in, and yet in the immediately preceding paragraph, you say that the arguments you introduce are unimportant to the conversation. It's this kind of rapid reversal in your thinking that makes me laugh at the idea that you expect people to believe this "philosophy minor" crap. Any idiot can talk circles around himself; that's not philosophy. That's just making it look like you're talking deep, without actually saying anything.
In addition, there are many different philosophers who have very different methods and beliefs. In the case of something like mathematics, problems are solved with explicit instructions. Philosophy is very different as there are many different ways to express an idea and to try and solve a problem. Therefore, I do not understand how one could attack my education in philosophy for not fitting a certain "mold". That just simply doesn't make any sense.
I don't claim that you don't fit into a mold. I claim that you don't have the fundamental tools of logic that anyone who has studied philosophy seriously comes away with. When you argue, you demonstrate contradictions in your thinking that any college sophomore could pick apart casually, as I've been doing. You respond to that, habitually, with "what I really meant" statements. You lack a consistent ideology to your thinking, sacrificing your ideas for the sake of a defense of your personhood. You rely on debate techniques which point to mass appeal as their justification, which is fairly unusual for a philosophy student.
Regardless of what you think, I think that you are a pretty cool dude. You are much different from a lot of the posters on here who have trouble expressing an idea or spelling properly. Thanks for the engaging conversation.
Being a poster that expresses ideas and spells properly is fucking lonely around here. Most people tend to rely on insults and calling in their buddies on this board. My method definitely leans to the Socratic, but what I am trying to do is have less people post "WWE LOVING TOOL!!!", and more people post their thoughts in a manner that doesn't rely on calling someone else a poopyhead.

Dixie Carter has stated that Impact was going to focus on younger wrestlers and develop their own stars. I call "Bullshit!". Since this announcement Devon has won the TV Championship and RVD has become number one contender of Roodes title. RVD is 41 and Devon is 39. Just because you are younger than Ric Flair, it doesn't make you young. This wreaks of Hogan's good ol' boy booking. If pushing young stars means pushing Garrett, they are headed in the wrong direction. WTF? 10 matches and he shows up in a PPV.

To prove their point, they should have had a tournament with 6 or 8 of the young guys on the roster with the winner getting the privilege of being squashed by Roode at Sacrifice. I know they are just going to feed Roode a bunch of jobbers until BFG when Storm comes back, so why not some of the young guys on the roster to at least make it look like they are trying to do what they say they are.

Ric-Flair.jpg

Whether we agree with it or not RVD does have some name value and he was put in the place to help give Roode a rub and make him look more legitimate. Roode against one of the younger guys doesn't help give him that same level legitimacy in my opinion. I think we will see Roode beat several recognizable names and maybe even one more match against Sting before dropping his title to a returning James Storm.

As for Devon I think they are using him to help build it up the TV title before he drops it to someone like maybe The Pope or Gunner. Considering the way the belt was used the last several months they needed it on someone who had a name.. It may also be a last ditch effort to see if he can get over as well as Brother Ray did becoming Bully Ray and proving to be a really good heel.

All organizations need a mix of young and old talent because young talent can't draw the same crowds without name stars around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back