• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TNA Signs Second Generation Wrestler Dakota Darsow

Dizzy

Championship Contender
- TNA has reportedly signed second generation wrestler Dakota Darsow to a contract. Dakota is the son of former WWE star Barry Darsow, also known as The Repo Man and Smash of Demolition. Darsow was signed to a WWE developmental deal from 2008 to 2009.

Darsow worked a dark match before the Impact tapings at the end of May, losing to independent wrestler Jesse Sorensen.

http://www.prowrestling.com/article/news/18763

Good signing. He is pretty young and has been training under TNA's developmental program with the Team 3D academy.

He reminds me of Wade Barett a little bit.

I never knew Repo Man and Smash were the same man. I laughed when reading that because Repo Man was the definition of a jobber and Smash was one half of a legendary tag team.

I have no idea who this guy is, but I remember that name was one that was rumoured to be coming into the X-Division. Is he an 'X-Division style' wrestler?

I have not seen much of him, he might be a good addition to TNA's roster being a second generation star wont hurt him either, i will have to wait and see what he can do before i really judge.

If TNA signs him can he surpass his father or end up like alot of the second genariton star, and becomes a jobber or gets stuck in a gimmick based off his dad.

I have no idea who this guy is, but I remember that name was one that was rumoured to be coming into the X-Division. Is he an 'X-Division style' wrestler?

Is Abyss?

Honestly, I don't see the big deal... then again I haven't seen him work. I'm going to be patient about it and see if he's good or not before making a judgment. Hopefully he does something impressive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by He's Phenomenal

Is Abyss?

Ha ha. Good point.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see what the guy is like. I'm not expecting much as I don't know who he is, but perhaps he can come in and do a good job.

How do you quantify this as a 'good' signing when you don't know if the guy is any good? If the acorn doesn't fall far from the tree, he won't be anything special...

How do you quantify this as a 'good' signing when you don't know if the guy is any good? If the acorn doesn't fall far from the tree, he won't be anything special...

Hence why 3rd generation stars are better. The acorn eventually evolves/blossums into something better. Oh and 3rd time is the charm :p

Is that a real question? I would obviously not call it a "good signing" with out watching him.

How about go and use Youtube and Google search instead of throwing him to the side because of his father. That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Dakota.jpg

His name is Dakota? Like, Dakota Fanning? Awesome, he has balls to have a name like that.

So TNA have signed The Repo Man Jr. I'm impressed to be honest, don't usually go for the seeds of legends. Nice signing, might add him to the list for my Potential thread series, do some research on him.

Eh not really a big deal. Second generation guys can be very hit or miss (David Hart Smith springs to mind) so this could go either way. His dad was an ok power guy but it was a very different era. I'm kind of surprised WWE didn't get him but if there's something to him there's nothing wrong with the hire. It's right in the middle and if they get something out of him, cool. Not a huge move though.

Eh not really a big deal. Second generation guys can be very hit or miss (David Hart Smith springs to mind) so this could go either way. His dad was an ok power guy but it was a very different era. I'm kind of surprised WWE didn't get him but if there's something to him there's nothing wrong with the hire. It's right in the middle and if they get something out of him, cool. Not a huge move though.

They did have him, he was in development for nearly a year before they released him in '09.

Is that a real question? I would obviously not call it a "good signing" with out watching him.

How about go and use Youtube and Google search instead of throwing him to the side because of his father. That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

I did go to YouTube and saw a few matches but I got bored and started watching his father. Sorry he's ok but he needs a LOT of work. This might be a good signing 3 years from now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back