TNA signs Katie Lea; Débuts as Winter

Dizzy

Championship Contender
TNA has signed another former WWE Diva in Katie Lea, reports PWInsider.

Metlzer needs to get his shit together. He continues to report more incorrect stuff according to him, they were not interested in Katie at all.

I'm happy they finally signed her.

I totally agree. She was good in the ring, entertaining on the mic (I find chicks with accents sexy) and will be a good fit for the knockouts. I feel that she woulda been a good fit for the World Elite though. I'm excited to see her on tv.

Well good for TNA it was only a matter of time before Katie Lea ended up there....Hell at this point the Knockout division is better then the men's division.....now hopefully there will not be a "They" coming to the knockouts too! :banghead:

Fantastic news. Always been a fan of Katie's look, and in the revamped Knockouts division she should add some much needed depth.

Great News. I was really impressed with Katie in WWE. She is solid in the ring and on the mic for a Female. Should some debt to the Knockouts Division. Really good signing for TNA, can't wait to see her in TNA

I hope she really was signed. The woman can wrestle, shes been around a decade. WWE never used her properly. She should still be there and a multi time womens/divas champion by now but Vince never saw anything in her. TNA should make her Knockouts Champion.

what i am hoping to see from this is that they bring back the knockout tag team champions to television. they look like they have a good number of knockouts right now, but if they are not going to put the knockout tag team titles in the picture, they might as well give up the belts and focus on the knockout championship title.

Good to see TNA is investing in the KO division again with the signings of Mickie and now Katie.

Katie Lea is extremely talented IMO, and wasnt given a fair chance in WWE, when she could outwrestle every single "diva" on the roster. Hopefully TNA will give her a a decent opportunity to show the American fans what she can do.

With Velvet, Angelina, Tara, Madison, Katie and Mickie TNA now has a good selection of credible KO champions, so I hope to see a bit of time spent on developing this division.

I wonder if Katie will be brought in as the female member of Immortal?

To me, another pointless signing. I highly doubt she will do anything major and she'll be lucky to be on impact on a weekly basis.

I thought she was already signed or something along those lines? There was a discussion a few months back about this in a thread, around the same time as Christina Von Eerie's try-out, right? (Now that I mentioned her, double-you tee eff happened with her?!) Or was it only talks of TNA being interested in her and she had a try-out match? If so, can't believe it took 'em this long just to sign her.

This is good news. I was always a fan of Katie Lea's in WWE, and I always thought they didn't use her well. I hope Lea will get a chance to showcase her skills in TNA. Lea's signing could be another step towards revamping the Knockouts Division. Mickie is in the title hunt, Tara is back, and Madison has changed now.

Good move by TNA.

Good. Katie was mega underrated in WWE and in TNA she can show case her great in ring ability and i hope she posses wicked mic skills. TNA is lucky to have her.

I am a huge fan of Katie Lea, I think she was majorly held back from her full potential in the WWE, she was probably one of the best divas there for a long time.
This is really good news for her, and hopefully she does well for herself. Oh and, hopefully no Paul Burchill, that will hold her back even more!

I think this is a good, solid signing for TNA Wrestling. Not a blockbuster, "will change the world of professional wrestling forever," type of signing, but a good solid addition to the Knockouts division. I really haven't seen her wrestle all that much to be honest, but from what I understand, she's supposed to be pretty good. Plus, because she didn't wrestle extensively while in WWE, she likely won't be labelled a "WWE reject" per se; she will be known likely for her pre-WWE work rather than for what she did in a WWE ring. A good looking woman, sexy as hell, which is pretty much all that matters in women's wrestling nowadays anyway, and that applies to knockouts or divas.

Just keep her away from Paul Burchill, the last thing she needs is to be further associated with very controversial storylines that will kill her career in TNA just the same as it did in WWE. There's no recovery from even the suggestion of such a storyline.

I found Katie Lea very sexy. And the WWE misused her. She was the OCW Women's Champion before they went to Florida. She went over Beth Phoenix, Melina, and a few other Diva's. Yet when she gets to the WWE, she's put in the last controversial character the WWE had with her being the sister of Paul Birchill and apparently being in an incestuous relationship with him.

She's a great wrestler and with the right character, can be a Knockout champion. Maybe pair her with Desmond Wolfe. He's still around right?

I don't mind this pick up. Katie Lee was very pretty but I never saw enough of her in the ring to comment on her wrestling skills. However, like Lariat said, I think she could work very well as a mouth piece for Wolfe or Brutus or Williams, maybe a combination of them all. She has a good look, and I wouldn't mind seeing her matched up with Paul Burchill again, as long as they don't try that stupid ass incest angle again. In fact, the more I think about the more I would enjoy seeing some sort of British stable again with all of the above. Unlikely, but I can wish can't I?

Katie-Lea is a signing that couldn't hurt the TNA roster. She's a wrestler with some pretty good talents in her to pull off a solid wrestling match whilst doing a solid job in the entertainment department with her character, and has a pretty good look about her. Everything to say towards her is in the positive as a signing... this is truly one release that I question the WWE going forward with to this day.

Whether she becomes apart of the higher card on the KO roster or is used as a comedic jobber, she is a good & smart pick up by TNA. One of the better moves they've done in signings all year.

Great news. She should add some much needed attention to the Knockouts division.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think this is going to hurt the Knockouts division, and I acknowledge the fact that she's a solid worker... but I don't think she's anywhere near big enough to bring any kind of attention to anything. I think what's mainly going to happen is her making a name for herself, because she sure wasn't able to do that in the WWE.

This is going to be a starting point for her, not a company-draw.

This is a solid signing for TNA. She's a woman who can wrestle who'll be handy to have in the KO division. I'd be more excited if this was back around 2005-2006 as, back then, the KO's seemed to really have the chance to show what they can do and get themselves over (look at Gail Kim during that period)

If the KO's get the right person booking them then this could work out really well for a bird who's genuinely a top bird in real life with a great personality (and doesn't look bad either)

Another KO that doesn't look all fake and modelly, score one for the TNA guys!

it's about the get cold in TNA. Katie Lea new name will be Winter?
I think TNA could have came up with something better than that.

The Winter début was fantastic — reminds me of a fusion of Undertaker's hauntings and Mickie James' obsession with Trish Stratus during her début.

I've always been a huge fan of Katie and this was a great way for her to make an impact (all pun intended).

I also thought her Debut was fantastic and it's a good idea for her to feud with Love who is probably the most over Knockout. I think a feud with these Two could be really good. Excellent Debut. Huge Fan of Katie can't wait to see more.

it's about the get cold in TNA. Katie Lea new name will be Winter?
I think TNA could have came up with something better than that.

I respect other people's opinion... but I'm wondering what's wrong with Winter?!?

I like the name. It is short, easy to learn and very marketable. Plus her new look is FABULOUS! In fact, I think she is now the most beautiful wrestle in TNA - not counting Chelsea (she is not a real wrestler). She looked smoking HOT. I loved her debut! Looking forward to see her again.

I think she looked hot. I liked the way it was done. Angelina saw her but then she was gone. kind of freaky like whoa. only part I didn't like was the name. Winter just seems bleh. but then Winter is my least favorite season of the year.
I think it would have been better if they just used her name, Katie Lea.
maybe "Winter" will grow on me, but right now I just don't like it.
I also don't really like easy names. if in time I go to google search "Winter" then this wrestler will not be one of the top results that come up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back