• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TNA/RAW head to head

Ashylarry

Pre-Show Stalwart
Source: PWInsider.com

-- WWE RAW will not be airing on Monday, February 12th, 2007 due to the dog show. Raw, however, will be aired on the 15th which would be Thursday. RAW will air from 8 to 10:05 eastern. This means that RAW's second hour will be going head-to-head with TNA's iMPACT! It should be interesting to see what the ratings are for TNA that week.

I cant see that being a good think for T.N.A. Personally I would rather watch Impact but with WWE being the bigger company T.N.A. probably wont do too well that week.

only for an hour they will go head to head...while its nothin real big since TNA is such a lowclass company this will just show us that raw truly does better than TNA does..might even see a decrease in the Tna ratings because of other fans switchin off to raw....no matter how these people look at it O TNA HAS BETTER WRESTLING SO ID PICK THAT OVER WWE bla bla bla thats nonsense and u guys can keep watchin the shows that will eventually get cancelled cuz wrestling doesnt sell alone anymore

TNA is such a lowclass company

How do u figure that? Tna's parent company has just as much if not more money than Vince Mcmahon does.Speaking of nonsense i like the way your post was just one big long ramble of run on sentences.

I dont think tna's ratings will be all that affected at all. Tna's audience seems very loyal to me.it kinda reminds of the original ecw fans. I watch both shows and when it comes time for impact to come on i m going to be switching over.Maybe everyone's looking at this wrong.Maybe Raw's ratings will go down when Impact comes on.wouldn't that be a bitchslap to all you tna bashers?

How do u figure that? Tna's parent company has just as much if not more money than Vince Mcmahon does.Speaking of nonsense i like the way your post was just one big long ramble of run on sentences.

I dont think tna's ratings will be all that affected at all. Tna's audience seems very loyal to me.it kinda reminds of the original ecw fans. I watch both shows and when it comes time for impact to come on i m going to be switching over.Maybe everyone's looking at this wrong.Maybe Raw's ratings will go down when Impact comes on.wouldn't that be a bitchslap to all you tna bashers?

TNA'S PARENT COMPANY not Tna themselves..which means their parent company DECIDES when and if they should recieve more money..WWE is owned by Vince Mcmahon..so all his time and effort is put only into the WWE itself...so just because the parent company has more money then vince doesn't mean a thing as of right now....
and yes my big long ramble was a bunch of run on sentences..i wasn't writing an essay to my professor nor was it something extremely important..i am writing on a wrestling forum therefore choose how i would like to write..which is freely without caring about someone like yourself stating run on sentences...i highly doubt Raw's ratings will go down..i dont understand how everyone could see this wrong..clearly we see every week that raws ratings are higher..we see every week there are more people in attendance at raw then impact...so i dont understand where this concept comes from that tna could be a hassle to the wwe...RATINGS ARE HIGHER...WWE SELLS MORE MERCHANDISE....so where and how does Tna even have the possiblity of becoming a threat or how will raws ratings go down when Tna comes on..its just a cheaper version with their lame promos..and insults to wwe that wwe is smart enough not to acknowledge....yes it would be a bitch slap BUT IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN!

its just a cheaper version with their lame promos
are we comparing Raw of today with the 'good' Raw from years ago that had higher ratings?

and insults to wwe that wwe is smart enough not to acknowledge
I recall dx doing the same thing to wcw a few years ago.

so where and how does Tna even have the possiblity of becoming a threat or how will raws ratings go down when Tna comes on

I know i m not the only one who watches raw and tna . Coincidence theres been 'tna' chants at a wwe event? i think not.i think that if raw and tna would go head to head more often where both shows didnt run with no competition there would be a ratings shift one way or the other. I think TNA's ratings would go up due to the Xdivision,the ongoing Abyss ,Christian Cage& Tomko, and sting angle going on . Not to mention Kurt Angle and Somoa Joe's feud. TNA doesnt get the ratings and move a shitton of merchandise because it's not quite as established as WWE is.(god i m in the wrong forum to say this but oh well)There's no sense in anyone bashing TNA because you don't like it and your trying to be a 'fanboy'.If you don't like it state 'i don't like it because....(your reason here)' not "tna sucks' 'tna is lowerclass' 'tna is cheaper'

Yea alot of people say that tna has actualy wrestling and not just like long promos. But I mean come on TNA cant even get better ratings then ECW and ECW gets low ratings but there going up. And Tna's ratings cant even reach smackdown ratings. And they will never (but it's possible) get to raws ratings.

well, what vince might do is the week before the head to head battle, he might have some sort of idea to keep the viewers from switchin over. remember, stone cold might be there in time for this and vince probably wants to use him to help keep the viewers from switchin the channel.

TNA'S PARENT COMPANY not Tna themselves..which means their parent company DECIDES when and if they should recieve more money..WWE is owned by Vince Mcmahon..so all his time and effort is put only into the WWE itself
And here I thought the WWE was a corporation that has focused on other outside endeavors numerous times that McMahon "focused" on. The WBF? XFL ring a bell? How about WWE's record label? Maybe the perennial Oscar favorite WWE Films? His time and effort is spread around. This is why the wrestling on his shows is $hit for the most part and he ****es the hapless audience into buying only the entertainment side of it...which from the sound of things you eat up by the truckload.
i highly doubt Raw's ratings will go down..i dont understand how everyone could see this wrong
Easy. Take a show that is perennially linked to Monday Nights and move it to another night for one week and see how many people forget to tune in. It's not rocket science, man. This has happened to them before with Smackdown and Raw numerous times. They take a moderate ratings hit for that week and then return to their consistent level of business the following Monday. Nothing new, here as it's either the dog show or tennis that pre-empts Raw a couple of times every year that it's been on USA.
..clearly we see every week that raws ratings are higher..we see every week there are more people in attendance at raw then impact...so i dont understand where this concept comes from that tna could be a hassle to the wwe...RATINGS ARE HIGHER...WWE SELLS MORE MERCHANDISE....
How are they being a hassle to WWE? How about acquiring some of their top talent? Scripting worked shoots against key WWE personnel? How about garnering more consistent pops week in and week out for a few years now? Having a more passionate and ingrained audience? Better wrestling? PPVs that are actually worth the purchase price? We're not debating the ratings issue. If ratings were an indication of quality than WWE programming would be on the ass-end of the spectrum along with TNA as their are plenty of big-time network shows that get 6 or 7 times the ratings that wrestling gets. I'd hope they do get higher ratings seeing as their the most established and well-known American wrestling company in history.
so where and how does Tna even have the possiblity of becoming a threat or how will raws ratings go down when Tna comes on..its just a cheaper version with their lame promos..and insults to wwe that wwe is smart enough not to acknowledge....yes it would be a bitch slap BUT IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN!
You're probably right that it won't happen when they go head to head soon. However, whether or not TNA's promos are any lamer than what WWE does is up for debate and down to what you find creative and/or funny. I think that both shows only run promos that are worthy of airtime and effective about half of the time (not counting vignettes which is a separate ballgame altogether). WWE has acknowledged them on the internet and has criticized TNA before (both J.R. and Heyman criticized the TNA product months back). Hell, even on Byte This, the interviewer avoided TNA questions/callers like an STD because they don't know what the hell to say to try and hide the fact that they aren't the only game in town anymore. They're also trying to hide the fact that a great number of wrestling fans prefer or have preferred TNA to WWE programming for a while now. WWE likes to continue the "if you ignore it, it will go away" mentality, instead of trying to up their game and keep the monopoly alive. The fact that TNA is even in regular existence is a testament to how much Vinnie Mac and friends have pissed away their resources in the last five years. I mean, how could you possibly f**k up owning not one...but all THREE of the dominant brands in a single country and still leave room for another competitor? Easy. Mismanage and badly book talent, while pushing bad storyline after bad storyline, water down your wrestling product, and squander the single biggest angle in professional wrestling history.

well, what vince might do is the week before the head to head battle, he might have some sort of idea to keep the viewers from switchin over. remember, stone cold might be there in time for this and vince probably wants to use him to help keep the viewers from switchin the channel.
This is what I'd be betting on. They'll try to do something to keep their ratings up, and I'll bet they'll also plug the hell out of the time change to minimize the damage the move will cause. If it's not a special appearance by someone we haven't seen before or lately, it'll be a big match or title defense to sweeten the pot so that no WWE fan will have wandering remotes during the broadcast. If I was them, that's what I'd do.

The fact that TNA is even in regular existence is a testament to how much Vinnie Mac and friends have pissed away their resources in the last five years. I mean, how could you possibly f**k up owning not one...but all THREE of the dominant brands in a single country and still leave room for another competitor? Easy. Mismanage and badly book talent, while pushing bad storyline after bad storyline, water down your wrestling product, and squander the single biggest angle in professional wrestling history.

man that is so true. i strongly agree with you kasey, on everything you said. i really like this quote the best.

Uh...won't most people that are torn between the two just watch the impact repeat on saturday?

That's what I'll be doing.

Alex~Vab

Uh...won't most people that are torn between the two just watch the impact repeat on saturday?
yea if they prefer to watch raw instead.Then there's some (like me) who's gonna watch tna and read the results for raw somewhere or just tivo it.

Ok, you are all stupid.

First off, both ratings will suffer. WWE not airing on Thursday instead of Monday means less people watching, because Monday nights are always a lot hotter than Thursdays when it comes to people watching television.

Secondly, instead of doing 1.1 TNA will probably do around 0.8-0.9 which is gonna be a blow to them but only a small one. Spike TV knows that at this point TNA can't compete with WWE. On the other hand RAW will probably do in low 3s because as I said, Monday>Thursday. And let's not forget that both WWE and TNA will go head to head with NBA on TNT.

Ok, you are all stupid.

First off, both ratings will suffer. WWE not airing on Thursday instead of Monday means less people watching, because Monday nights are always a lot hotter than Thursdays when it comes to people watching television.

Secondly, instead of doing 1.1 TNA will probably do around 0.8-0.9 which is gonna be a blow to them but only a small one. Spike TV knows that at this point TNA can't compete with WWE. On the other hand RAW will probably do in low 3s because as I said, Monday>Thursday. And let's not forget that both WWE and TNA will go head to head with NBA on TNT.
Actually, Thursday nights have typically been a ratings help for a lot of the major networks. Ever hear of Must-See-TV? I agree with the third portion of your post, but the initial statement is uncalled for and negates any intelligence in the rest of the post. There are better ways to begin posting without insulting everyone in the entire thread, nahmeen?

only for an hour they will go head to head...while its nothin real big since TNA is such a lowclass company this will just show us that raw truly does better than TNA does..might even see a decrease in the Tna ratings because of other fans switchin off to raw....no matter how these people look at it O TNA HAS BETTER WRESTLING SO ID PICK THAT OVER WWE bla bla bla thats nonsense and u guys can keep watchin the shows that will eventually get cancelled cuz wrestling doesnt sell alone anymore

Wrestling doesn't sell alone anymore?? I'd love to hear how you figure especially considering that it is an untried concept in at least the last 30 years. TNA has just as many promos as the WWE - only they're not so insatiably cheesy and usually don't run for 30 minutes in a single segment.

No promotion has even tried to make it all about wrestling since the "second coming" or "second golden-age" in the 70's. Sure ROH did with their first 3 months worth of television, but this again cannot provide us with an answer one way or the other. The closest thing we could use as a comparison would be MMA. UFC has in the last year become more popular than WWE and TNA combined. They have respectable television ratings (especially if they had a weekly show with their top stars like the WWE does - as the Shamrock/Ortiz rubber match on Spike proves) and their PPV buyrates absolutely dwarf the WWE buyrates.

If you ask me I'd have to say wrestling alone sells its motherfkn ass off. You don't need all these bullshit garnishings to make a fight "that you have to see" interesting. Sure they add more emotion to the contests, but you can do that anyways without the excessive use of ******ed gimmicks and overplayed, overthought segments. Wrestling is not rocket science. They need to keep it simple and let the action speak for itself. UFC does this so well. They have videotaped segments where the guys talk about themsleves and the history with their opponent, the tactics they are going to use, what they are going to look out for etc. and then they go out and do their thing.

And Kasey was right (as usual, lol). How the WWE allowed for a second company to rise from nothing to the point where they are knocking at the front door is beyond all possible comprehension. WWE is just soooo out of it. Their product is dead, their decisions have been so moronic and the ideas developed by creative make George Bush look like a MENSA life-member by comparison. How they ever won that war to begin with is beyond me. How do you fall from grace with such thunderous speed. If it wasn't for the legacy of the WWE to cushion the fall, Vince would be dead.

well, this might actually be good for the wwe. i can't remember, but didn't the ratings go down when football started. this might boost it a little, but who knows, we'll find out

here's what hurts tna in this, TNA will be taped so the results will be known, I'd guess Raw will be live. I also agree that we will probably see the return of Austin, and possibly the hype beginning for Hogan-Big Show at WM if its gonna happen. Right there alone if you tell me im gonna get Austin, Hogan and probably a main Event Title Match from 9:00 - 10:05 then I aint switching. Sadly TNA wont be able to do anything to battle that.

I'll bet on that night tNA will open with VKM in the ring talking about how Vince wants to steal viewers away from them by switching to a different day and time.
While WWE dosent event aknowledge TNA's existence on air.

i bet that the war with wwe dx vs tna vkm will start on TV
dx will kill tna vkm just like they did with big show and McMahon in hell in a cell
:wwf:

I haven't watched TNA all the way though once paid for a PPV once and was Dissapointed they had Ultimate X match and the "X" fell off the top there since then I haven't been impressed with much cept Petey Williams and his Canadian destroyer. the rest have been cast offs from WWE Christain Cage, Tomko, Kurt Angle, Team 3d the list I am sure will go on and on. The only other I have seen in there that sparked some kinda of interest was Stink but when they had him going against Big Poppa Pump? I haven't seen much since Vince Russo had taken over and haven't read many results on it either. they need more innovation in thier promotion I mean Samoa Jo , AJ Styles, Christopher Danials I heard of em all in the ROH if anyone deserves to go get a TV deal it should have been ROH and not TNA. will be nice to see MTV's entrance and see what happens this ultimately means 2 diff wrestling shows for one conglomerate. hope it does well in what ever it does cause TNA isn't my cup of tea and well WWE has been a proven commodity though out the years. so this fan of wrestling won't be switching to TNA I would rather watch Lucha Libra on Galvision than TNA it's more interesting.

I'll bet on that night tNA will open with VKM in the ring talking about how Vince wants to steal viewers away from them by switching to a different day and time.
While WWE dosent event aknowledge TNA's existence on air.

Well duh!!! Not sure about VKM bringing up the different timeslot and WWE wanting to steal viewers coz thats just stupid. Its up to TNA to steal viewers. TNA doesn't have enough viewers to lose. Besides I'd have to say that at the very least 90% of the people that watch TNA already watch RAW - what the hell are they going to steal!?!?!?

And again duh!! Of course WWE won't ackowledge TNA. The day they do is the day TNA is kicking their asses (if and when). Just like back in the Monday Night Wars. WWE never acknowledged any other promotion until WCW started killing them. Then all of a sudden Barry Windham was defending the NWA title on RAW (yes, the NWA title on TNA now was defended on RAW), they started bringing up the initials of WCW in every other segment, they did their invasions, publically discussed the failures of his competition, their product, their perfromers, used the fact that they were on WCW beforehand to make them stars and so on.

Acknowledging TNA now would be stupid. He would give a competitor exposure, and a new and larger audience as a result. Apart from Vince being scared to do this, its also totally unessecary. No company in any industry would or should give acknowledgment to an up and coming competitor - unless they have certain interests in that company that is.

unless WWE realizes that the show on the 15th is a good chance to silently show their dominance, and build it up as a special time slot for no reason, but promo the heck out of it before hand. and have some special matches...

i dont think tna will be affected too much. I think the ratings will drop. but nothing significant. cuz even if TNA has "Loyal" fans. so does the WWE. So the people (Like me) that only watch TNA cuz smackdown isnt on then anymore. will prolly just watch raw.

but if WWE is smart, and they usually are, they'll see this as a shot to pull some viewers away from TNA. throw in a ladder match or something, i would watch a dang ladder match over my regular TNA show.

of course TNA will be showin somethin "Special" i'm sure cuz they'll see this as there "Big Chance" to "Smash WWE" VKM will prolly be all over the place that night. but ya know what? the only thing i think they can hope for. is a "No Change" in ratings. THAT would be a victory for TNA.

I'm excited to see what both shows do. i'll be recording TNA. and watching RAW.

What I'm wondering about this night is what if this was planned to actually start off with TNA and that whole VKM thing since that night TNA will be head to head on a monday with Raw. Could Tna have something planned to invade raw that night to try to rise their ratings and so on With VKM and other Anti WWE Former Wrestlers like Angle,Rhino Shane Douglas and so on? Cause if i remember right wasn't it Douglas who started something with WWE in Orlando a few years back. So what if all this was exactly planned out?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back