• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TNA Needs John Cena

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a stupid thread, like there's any way he's gonna leave the position of being top dog in WWE. They've given him a movie career as well!

It's like talking about Brock Lesnar jumping from UFC so he can wrestle for TNA, it just won't happen.

TNA has a brilliant roster, their ratings are going up, their are plenty of free agents out there (Goldberg for one) so why go for Cena? Crazy, Crazy idea... like the TNA executives are sitting around a table trying to figure out how they can get him. They can't....end of.

I wonder who this guy TNA say they are trying to sign for Lockdown who's leaving/left WWE is, say he's a former heavyweight champion....Tazz?.....JBL?

What a stupid thread, like there's any way he's gonna leave the position of being top dog in WWE. They've given him a movie career as well!

It's like talking about Brock Lesnar jumping from UFC so he can wrestle for TNA, it just won't happen.

TNA has a brilliant roster, their ratings are going up, their are plenty of free agents out there (Goldberg for one) so why go for Cena? Crazy, Crazy idea... like the TNA executives are sitting around a table trying to figure out how they can get him. They can't....end of.

I wonder who this guy TNA say they are trying to sign for Lockdown who's leaving/left WWE is, say he's a former heavyweight champion....Tazz?.....JBL?

There was never a mention of that wrestler being (a) a guy, or (b) having left WWE. All it said is that he was a world champion in another promotion.

Bryan Danielson was ROH's World Champion and his contract expired.

Victoria was the WWE's Women's Champion and her contract has been up.

Tazz was ECW World Champion and his contract is up.

There are quite a few options.

TNA doesn't need john cena. they need to establish their homegrown talent, and quit putting them in the background. john cena is fine in WWE.

You all say that Cena is a "WWE Man." I don't disagree for a second that he isn't. But is Vince really a "John Cena Man"? Sure he is...at least for now. Vince was a "Hogan Man" until he thought his prime was over, then he DARED him to put over Warrior, which he did. History suggests that Vince isn't a "_________ Man" (______=fill in superstar X). Rather, he is a "WWE Man" himself. Or, dare I say, he is a "Vince Man."

Still, a lot of us seem to be missing the point. The topic is not so much whether Cena would jump ship right now to go to TNA. It's whether TNA NEEDS him to get to the next level.

Umm actually it would make matters worse for TNA. Why did WWE goto PG-13? Because no-one older than 10 actually cheers for Cena, they all boo him. Seeing how WWE's target audience are little kids now, you can now actually hear some cheers for him but before that all you heard were boo's and seeing how TNA's target audience isn't little children not that many will like him there.

Umm actually it would make matters worse for TNA. Why did WWE goto PG-13? Because no-one older than 10 actually cheers for Cena, they all boo him. Seeing how WWE's target audience are little kids now, you can now actually hear some cheers for him but before that all you heard were boo's and seeing how TNA's target audience isn't little children not that many will like him there.

Nail on head, most of the impact zone would boo the cr*p out of Cena's bullsh*t rapper gimmick. The box office for his latest film shows how few 18-30 wrestling fans like John Cena.

Nail on head, most of the impact zone would boo the cr*p out of Cena's bullsh*t rapper gimmick. The box office for his latest film shows how few 18-30 wrestling fans like John Cena.

Lol. In fact if you actually go into the arenas and actually watch a WWE live show, all the men are booing Cena. Sadly on Television those boos don't get heard and instead all the little kids and women are cheering for Cena. I absolutely hate the guy. Its not his wrestling skills or anything but the fact that he gets the title every month just pisses me off.

Lol. In fact if you actually go into the arenas and actually watch a WWE live show, all the men are booing Cena. Sadly on Television those boos don't get heard and instead all the little kids and women are cheering for Cena. I absolutely hate the guy. Its not his wrestling skills or anything but the fact that he gets the title every month just pisses me off.

I stopped watching WWE when he was getting belts and JBL was champ on Smackdown, thought the product had gone to hell. Saw WM25 and it was decent enough, was first WWE show of any kind I'd watched in years.

Way more into TNA now, feels much more like a monday night wars era programme. Before bullsh*t like brand drafts etc.

I stopped watching WWE when he was getting belts and JBL was champ on Smackdown, thought the product had gone to hell. Saw WM25 and it was decent enough, was first WWE show of any kind I'd watched in years.

Way more into TNA now, feels much more like a monday night wars era programme. Before bullsh*t like brand drafts etc.

Not only are you off topic here, but you're opinion is wrong wrong wrong. Lots of people watch and enjoy the brand extensions and drafts, i dont understand how thats bad.

Anyways, an inclusion of John Cena into the mix of TNA would not only send shockwaves into the wrestling world, but the exposure of this would finally garner some attention, deserved or not, TNA's way. With the current position in terms of advertising and exposure they recieve on Spike, getting John Cena would be like getting a superbowl ad for the wrestling fan. They stole someone WWE actually care about, not someone like lashley, who was replaced by Cena as number 30 at the royal rumble because he was nowhere near as over.

It doesn't matter though does it, because it won't happen!

TNA is not owned by Ted Turner, Cena won't just show up on Impact one week after having his WWE salary doubled by their rivals.

TNA offers a lot less money, so unless the road schedule takes so much out of him that he feels he HAS to quit WWE. The topic isn't even worth discussing.

?????!!!!!!!!!!?????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i hate to quote don west but "YOU GOTTA BE FREAKIN KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!!!!"
TNA needs cena like i need a new hole in between my eyes. and i'm not going to jump on the cena hating smark bandwagon, i like cena, but he is the absolute FACE of wwe, not the biggest baby face, he is the company. its not like when hogan left wwe and michaels and bret hart were getting started, hogan left because the company was refocusing itself to see who the star was. cena has his spot SECURED and no amount of hhh politics can change that. i mean for chrissakes hhh and hbk TAPPED to the guy at wrestlemania. tna doesnt need a new wwe cast off they need to actually find that guy in their locker room who can IGNITE the crowd. some say aj but i think not he doesnt have the true charisma, yet. joe is just too damn fat. eric young is too wishy washy and not serious, daniels is too old, which leaves alex shelley? really? yeah actually that could work. i'll go with shelley to tune up his work and his look and really come up strong. he's already a good worker, good on the mic and has a pretty good look. if he isolates himself, goes after aj, we could see a glimpse of the future.

Why does TNA need a superstar that the WWE made? Cena is the top guy right now. He's the main spokesperson and a hard working man, and talented at that.

This thread should really be about TNA needing a hard working, loyal star like Cena. But not actually him. If TNA is ever going to grow they don't need to give their World Championship to someone like Mick Foley, who's time was ten years ago, and focus on the newer, TNA "home grown" talents.

Guess where John Cena came from? Development. Pure home grown WWE talent who grew to the heights you see him now – OK of course there was a bit of some corporate push from behind him, but my point stands.

TNA doesn't need John Cena – they need AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, and Christopher Daniels.
cena is not Pure home grown WWE talent . cena did not start developmnetals at all . cena started in UPW the same place that trained sting ,samoa joe,victory,& many more.

There was never a mention of that wrestler being (a) a guy, or (b) having left WWE. All it said is that he was a world champion in another promotion.

Bryan Danielson was ROH's World Champion and his contract expired.

Victoria was the WWE's Women's Champion and her contract has been up.

Tazz was ECW World Champion and his contract is up.

There are quite a few options.
Bryan Danielson's contract
does not expire till may

In a word, Yes.

John Cena jumping to TNA, Would be like Hogan joining WCW. Cena is the biggest thing in wrestling at the minute, And people are right to say John Cena is the Stone Cold of this era.

If anyone say's no TNA doesn't need Cena is a fool, Who in their right mind woulsn't tune into Impact to see what he's upto, I bet a pound to a penny the rating's would make a HUGE jump for at least a month or so.

I don't see why John Cena would ever leave a promotion where he's the biggest talent and has everything going for him, which is also the dream he's always strived to reach, which is also bringing him far more money then he'd ever get in TNA... for a small time promotion like TNA that isn't even competition to the WWE. Makes a lot of sense!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back