TNA Interested in Signing Morrison & Melina?

Just curious, but what would Morrison's TNA name be? WOuld he go as John Hennigan? Or maybe try to find some Jim Morrison-like name like John Shaman, or John Morrisstein or John Morrisberg?

Anyway...I'd sign him for one reason: take on Austin Aries. He is talented and the X-division is right up his alley. Is he good enough to be a World Champion? Eventually. I see why the WWE didn't pull the trigger on him, but with some nice build-ups he could eventually be a great challenger. In the meantime, he would be a great foil to Aries now, so that he could move up against the stiffer competition.

As for Melina, I've always liked how talented she is, so she would be a nice breath of fresh ass to the Knockouts division. As for pairing them up, why not? They'd be like Robbie E and Cookie, only without the annoying Jersey characters.

This isn't anything new. TNA's reportedly been interested in bringing in JoMo & Melina since they left WWE.

Morrison's got the chops inside the ring, you have to be a complete fool not to be able to see that the man can put on entertaining wrestling matches. His problem has always lied in the fact that he can't cut a promo to save his life. Fans haven't really been able to connect with JoMo on some sort of "emotional" level in the same way as some other guys in WWE. Without that connection and charisma, you're not really going to rise to that next level.

I don't know if Morrison would come to TNA or not. The fact that he's staying out there on the indy circuit rather than signing with TNA suggests that Morrison could be making a pretty decent amount of money working the independent scene. He might make more staying on the indy circuit than he would if he signed with TNA for all we know.

As for Melina, personally, I don't see her being worth the headaches. She's hot and she's pretty decent inside the ring but, then again, the same can be said of nearly every other Knockout on the TNA roster and they don't bring nearly as much drama & attitude with them. Before 6 months was out, she'd probably work her way through the beds of half the men on the roster, including Hogan & Bischoff. Although, JoMo probably wouldn't mind seeing as how he reportedly didn't when Melina was working through the guys in the WWE locker room.

bringing a big name like him for gut check and having him turned down would really make no sense because of him being a semi big name i do like the idea of him showing up on open fight night sometime down the line its not bad but personally id book it as they build it up big like they did for christian cage's debut leading up to him showing up at a PPV.

Right haha, I know they'd never really do that. And if Silva got accepted...well they'd surely have to accept Morrison lol

I'm surprised how quickly people forget that Hennigan is not actually that bland, he is just a bland 'face'. This guy might as well have 'cocky heel' tattooed on his back with his look and natural mannerisms but, because the retro merchandise sold well, the WWe always refused to return him to the dark side.

Considering that the 'John Morrison' will be TM'd by the WWe, he would be unlikely to be lumbered in this position within TNA and with the naturally up herself Melina by his side, he could really catch the imagination because his ring ability does speak for itself.

As to Miss Melina, if having an attitude about yourself and the occasion relationship with a co-worker is really that big a deal... how come CM Punk has gotten to the quarter finals of this year's WZ Tourney? John's only 32 and Melina is not long turned 33, meaning that both have a great deal to contribute and yet Miss Perez is at an age now that TNA is likely her only chance at semi-decent exposure. Plus, getting one over on your old employers is a great motivation.

I know that many here love the old 'WWe reject' label, but it's been a long time since they've done this (Matt Hardy, I believe). In fact, it's been a long time since there's been any fresh blood beyond the bottom rung of the company. Hennigan and Perez have the potential to freshen up the product by bringing about much that is new and that's got to be better than another Miz / Morrison feud.

to the people that said its been brought up before this was the first time i saw anything about it so forgive me there.

i think if im john morrison and i got a offer from tna i say what the hell and go down there i mean honestly i dont think wwe will ever do more then make him a mid card champ so why not see what happens down in tna i just read today he would consider going back to wwe in a year or 2 but if vince saw his video mocking taker and triple h i could see him back to where he was before he left after a few monthes where as tna might be able to wonders for him like they did christian.

as for melina honestly shes good and hot but theres plently of hot women in that divison already and some good talent there already im not sure id want her to fued with anybody there really.

John Morrison and his valet Melina could actually be quite a good pick up for TNA. A heel arrogant, cocky guy from Hollywood who can out showboat RVD, out high risk Jeff Hardy and have more Phenomenal moves than AJ would really be great and create another top heel under Bobby Roode. Although TNA's roster is stacked, it is quite face heavy... AJ, Angle, RVD, Hardy, Anderson, Morgan, Sting, Storm, (sort of Joe) now Aries moving into the top mid card, and Abyss, all TNA has in a top heel besides the Champ is Bully Ray.

Bringing in Morrison would add to that and really give us some top mid card feuds with some one who has no connection to the title or to Roode would really shake things up.

I'm all for it.

The only reason TNA's intrested in 'em because hogan wants to bang melina.She let's you bang her up and JoMo has no problem with that.So she'd be a great purchase for the male roster.Sarcasm aside,i dont think JoMo would go to TNA,coz he,unlike others,left in better terms with the E.So he can return to E if he wants.Melina on the other hand may go there to get some big pays.

JoMo is a very gifted athlete and I felt he was on the brink of being a breakout star in WWE before WrestleMania 27 when he shot himself in the foot with the whole Trish debacle. Yes he needs to improve on the mic as a face but he can cut a good promo as he showed back in his heel run in ECW and as part of the dirtsheet duo with Miz.

If he did sign he'd be put straight at the top end of the card, there's no way he comes in to work in a practically defunct X division or to wrestle Devon for the TV title, and frankly for the money TNA would be paying him they'd be expecting him to deliver at the top of the card.

Melina is also talented, she can work, talk and carry her part in an angle, she was the heat for MNM back in the day and would have been more successful in WWE as a singles wrestler had her attitude issues not got in the way. Truthfully she needs JoMo to sign with TNA because without him they wont sign her and I doubt WWE would ever take her back.

Personally though my guess is JoMo is back in the WWE by next years Rumble at the latest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back