• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TNA iMPACT! & ReAction LD for 10.07 is LIVE Before the Glory!

I like Helms, but the roster is a little tight right now for that kind of thing. I'd be OK with him if they bailed on a few others to make room for him.

Actually, I imagine we may probably see them bail on a few guys to make roster room for an influx of former WWE talent. Not only is there Helms, but there's also Carlito, Knox, Yang, and several other former WWE guys just waiting for the opportunity to steal the positions of other homegrown TNA guys.

Actually, I imagine we may probably see them bail on a few guys to make roster room for an influx of former WWE talent. Not only is there Helms, but there's also Carlito, Knox, Yang, and several other former WWE guys just waiting for the opportunity to steal the positions of other homegrown TNA guys.

Talent is talent. I don't care where a guy "came from" any more than I care about what religion he is — both are equally as irrelevant when it comes to wrestling, despite popular opinion (on this forum).

That said, Knox, Yang and "several other WWE guys" aren't good enoguh as far as I'm concerned, and frankly I don't care much for Carlito, either.

Helms is the only one out of the glut of performers I'd consider.

I never understood what Carlito had going for him. Sure there was a mild level of charisma there, but nothing significant. When I rack my brain for memories of him I come up with one promo where he was alongside Vince McMahon and John Cena... and that's literally it.
Usually I take so few memories as an indication that a guy wasn't much good.

As for the rest of the ex-WWE brigade, I'd enjoy seeing The Worlds Greatest Tag Team show up to serve as fresh faces in the tag division. TNA has three of the greatest tag teams in pro wrestling, but we've seen them face one another so many times that they're in constant need of fresh blood, and Ink Ink don't really cut it for me.

Anyone else... not so much with the interest from me.

I never understood what Carlito had going for him. Sure there was a mild level of charisma there, but nothing significant. When I rack my brain for memories of him I come up with one promo where he was alongside Vince McMahon and John Cena... and that's literally it.
Usually I take so few memories as an indication that a guy wasn't much good.

An apple, an afro and a stupid catch phrase.

As for the rest of the ex-WWE brigade, I'd enjoy seeing The Worlds Greatest Tag Team show up to serve as fresh faces in the tag division. TNA has three of the greatest tag teams in pro wrestling, but we've seen them face one another so many times that they're in constant need of fresh blood, and Ink Ink don't really cut it for me.

Anyone else... not so much with the interest from me.

I'm plenty fine with them, because they come in with a history with Angle, and give the tag division a shot in the arm.

Matt Hardy can come if he agrees to take his brother out of the main event scene and stick to tag work.

Matt Hardy can come if he agrees to take his brother out of the main event scene and stick to tag work.

I'd rather not, to be honest. At least with TWGTT, you've got a little humility. I'm not so sure the same would be the case were the Hardys to be working for the same company (on the same show) again. I really don't want to see them as World Champions, especially because they'd probably hold those belts for a long time.

Probably. You could have at least fashioned some kind of joke around him feuding with Suicide... 's a question of tone and all that.

Majorly pumped to be doing this again. My beloved has woken up; but I plan to lock her away in the next room with her medicine textbooks whilst I chug caffine and admire Kurt Angle's thighs.

Well that and I just reviewed BFG 09 and have 08 on my list and since 09 was a good show I'm in a good mood.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back