Title Reign of the Year

What Was the Title Reign of the Year in 2017?

• Kazuchuka Okara - IWGP

• Pete Dunne - UK

• Neville - Cruiserweight (First)

• Asuka - NXT Women

• Brock Lesnar - Universal

• Bobby Roode - NXT

• Usos - Smackdown Tag Team

Results are only viewable after voting.
The side effect of the NXT title being defended rarely is that you can rack up a lengthy reign with a comparatively tiny amount of championship matches. Ever since Finn Balor lost to Samoa Joe, has any NXT champion managed to string together more than three successful defenses? I'd be genuinely surprised if the answer was yes. As such, I'm not sure Bobby Roode should be rewarded for being in this game of hot potato, even if he was the only one who had the time to scream, "Ow, my fucking hand!"

The nature of Brock Lesnar's character - and the nature that, uh, they clearly want him to lose to Roman Reigns and Roman Reigns only - means that the several interesting stories that have comprised his reign have all ended up in the same damp fart. Oh, this is quite interesting. Oh, Samoa Joe/Braun Strowman has developed a surprising chemistry with Lesnar. Oh, Joe/Strowman is actually getting the better of him, this could-- oh, one F5, it's over. Cough.

I have to give this to Pete Dunne, who's defended his title - in WWE - yet more rarely than any of the NXT champions, but whose matches are consistently astonishing, including the match in which he won the title, my pick for match of the year, against Tyler Bate in Chicago.

Yep, fuck it. Pete Dunne.

The UK title has become what the CW title should be....You have no clue who these guys are, but if they are fighting for the UK title, you know there is about to be jizz everywhere.

Works magnificently with everyone, carries himself like a champion, solid promo, and got the belt over. I have grown to appreciate Tyler Bate over time, but he has a warming process, and that shit took a while. Dunne, on the other hand, is irredeemable slime and looks like a complete cunt right off the bat. He is perfect.

Pete Dunne had the title run of the year.

Okada was able to get a pretty decent to good title match out of Bad Luck Fale and a surprisingly fun match with Tiger Meme W (granted it was Kota Ibushi). He had some pretty good to fantastic matches against Cody, EVIL, Suzuki and Shibata.

Not only that but his WK11 and Dominion matches with Omega were the biggest and most talked about matches of the year.

Brock Lesnar - Universal title. Dude has been killing it. He's way better booked this time around. And with SD having their own world title scene, Brock's absences haven't been felt nearly as much.

I picked lesnar mostly because his title reigns reminded me of the old days when the champion was only defending on major event and you would see them only on special occasion. It was refreshing to see that in today's landscape of having multiple title matches with the same guy and it doesn't mean a thing at the end.

For me, anyone out of Kazuchika Okada, Pete Dunne or Neville. Since Neville didn't get more than a single vote, Neville. He basically renovated his whole character and rocked.

Brock Lesnar? No freaking way. 3 matches under 10 minutes out of 5 singles matches he had. 2 of those were finisher fests. I wonder why spot fests are criticized but not finisher fests.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back