Best Title Reign Of The Year

Discussion in 'Wrestling Awards' started by klunderbunker, Dec 5, 2012.

?

What Is The Best Title Reign Of 2012?

1. CM Punk

2. Antonio Cesaro

3. Austin Aries (X-Division Title)

4. Austin Aries (World Title)

5. Bobby Roode

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. klunderbunker

klunderbunker Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House

Best Title Reign of The Year

2. FlexAmerican Dynamite

FlexAmerican Dynamite RIP Cooper's Title Reign

Who nominated Aries's world title reign? Very overshadowed and besides losing it to Hardy he only defended it once and won in a roll up.

3. ABMorales787

ABMorales787 Lord And Master
    Staff Member Administrator

I'm going with Bobby Roode's world title reign. Great matches with AJ Styles, James Storm, Jeff Hardy and Austin Aries. Awesome feud with Storm.

4. SpoodBeest

SpoodBeest City Dweller, Successful Fella

How Punk doesn't win this is beyond me, 381+ Best In the World peeps. Who actually thought when these polls went up last year he would still be WWE Champion? Not to mention the great feuds and matches he's had throughout at as well.

5. This Is My Name Thank You

This Is My Name Thank You Is a horrible poster.

Bobby Roode! Really impressed me with his title reign. He became more of a character than just another heel. Very good title run an his matches were always on par.

6. miller728

miller728 Dark Match Jobber

Punk easy

7. The 1-2-3 Killam

The 1-2-3 Killam Mid-Card Championship Winner

I really, really wanted to vote for Bobby Roode. He was my favorite break-out star of the year, and he really personified "Heavyweight Champion" throughout his reign. Never should have ended in fact. I'm still of the mind that Aries should never have won it, and at the very least he should have lost the belt to Storm at Bound for Glory. You know, in that match that was better than the main event.

Buuuuuut...I couldn't. I had to go with CM Punk. The guy was literally WWE Champion - the most esteemed wrestling championship in every part of the world except Japan - for every second of 2012. Every episode of Raw, every pay-per-view event...Punk was Champion. And while he certainly had some moments I wish never happened, there were plenty of shocking twists and turns, not to mention five-star matches to keep things fresh. Chris Jericho. Daniel Bryan. Sheamus. John Cena. Dolph Ziggler. Just a few of the names that have fallen in line behind their WWE Champion this year, the hard way.

2011: The Summer of Punk.
    2012: The Year of Punk.

8. Lowdown

Lowdown Ooh baby I like it roooaaaaw!

No question, it's Bobby Roode. Really stepped up his game as a dominant heel champ.

9. Joe's Gonna Kill You

Joe's Gonna Kill You The Hunt is On

Just because Punks reign is longer then Roode's it doesn't mean it's better Roode had a better reign then Punks

10. avi01

avi01 Getting Noticed By Management

It`s a close one between Punk and Bobby Roode. I`ll give it to Punk, specially for the second part of the reign. But Roode is very very good, the guy makes the title.

11. FunKay the Inevitable

FunKay the Inevitable People Like Me, We Don't Play

I went with Punk over the others. The numbers of Punk's reign impress me beyond belief, especially in the current wrestling climate. That and Roode's reign for me wasn't even that exciting. I barely remember anything about it outside of him beating Storm and losing to Aries.

Jack-Hammer likes this.
  12. DarcyHartStratus09

DarcyHartStratus09 New Member

13. Jack-Hammer

Jack-Hammer YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
    Staff Member Moderator

It has to be Punk. I just don't see any real argument against it.

I thought Aries run as X Division Champion was great but I don't see why his TNA WHC reign got nominated. It only lasted a couple of months, during which he was put on the backburner in favor of Aces & Eights.

I'm surprised to see that Sheamus isn't nominated, which he should've been in my view. He was WHC for nearly 7 months and was a strong, traditional babyface champion.

I enjoyed Roodes run as TNA WHC, though I have to admit I'm a little surprised to see him get so much love for his run when he had so little chemistry with most of his challengers and kept holding onto the title in "flukey" ways. The Miz got nothing but hate for that last year.

14. Danger Burger

Danger Burger Thread Killer

Roode.

Even when punk was champ, he wasnt the main event, He wsa just a dude with a belt.

Roode had everything a champ needed, and his corner pose camera stare is fucking great. He had evryone from hogan down trying to get the belt off him, and has the longest title run in TNA history.

15. KerryForrest

KerryForrest Dark Match Winner

Not a great year for title reigns.. I'm not going to vote here

16. IHW

IHW WZCW's Brent Blaze

Summarizes my thoughts. As much as I wanted to vote Roode, Punk deserves it.

17. SD619

SD619 Getting Noticed By Management

Alberto del Rio. While they had good matches, there was absolutely no reason for them to feud for about 6 months, that too with Sheamus getting his arm injured by Alberto's "new-found" agression before every PPV and then winning cleanly.

18. AmerikanWolves619

AmerikanWolves619 Occasional Pre-Show

as avi01 stated, it is a close one between Roode and Punk, but Punk has taken the WWE title and placed it where it should be, up front and center of the WWE's product and Main Event (where is should have been) while he is breaking records left and right with his reign as champion.

19. Coco

Coco Mid-Card Championship Winner

What do you have against roll-up victories?

20. OWEN-ing It All

OWEN-ing It All Pre-Show Stalwart

You're right, Sheamus buries guys. He never sells and he's a horrible wrestler.

21. JGlass

JGlass Unregistered User

Call me crazy, but I think Austin Aries has a chance to come back and take this one.

22. FlexAmerican Dynamite

FlexAmerican Dynamite RIP Cooper's Title Reign

It kinda just made the win seem kinda lucky or a fluke as Roode would say at the point, though it kinda made sense considering Aries took a wicked belt shot earlier in the match. Gist of it is that it unfortunately wasn't a very good reign.

23. Mr. Artistic guy

Mr. Artistic guy Better Off This Way

Punk's reign has been relevant for a couple of months now, but Bobby Roode's was at the centre of everything for over half a year and made Roode a star. It didn't just get him over, it made him a star, one of the few home-grown that TNA has. Punk's reign has been long, but not a meaningful as Roode's was. He breathed being world champion and "raised the bar", quite literally, meaning it was so big for Aries when he finally won getting him over in the process.

24. Nate DaMac

Nate DaMac Fuck erbody but me

I don't know. I missed most of Roode's title reign but if he was anything like he is now, no thank you.

25. XXJJ

XXJJ Championship Contender

I decided to vote for Roode. Roode's reign was the focus of the company. Most of Punk's title reign he wasn't the main focus on Raw. It easier to hold the title longer when its not being treated as the most important thing in the WWE. Punk's reign really only took off the last few months.