CM Punk - WHC

Kong - TNA Knockout

Miz & Morrison - WWE Tag

McGuinness - ROH World

Samoa Joe - TNA World

Triple H - WWE Title

Beer Money - TNA Tag

Santino Marella - Intercontinental

Santino, albeit providing some funny moments, didn't really have a good title reign. It was just a comedic segment of the show rather than a true holding. Beer Money, while they've been pretty solid, they've never been able to capture my attention and I have to disagree with the "James Storm could be world champion" people. He seems like he wouldn't even be a successful upper midcarder to me. Roode has potential, but not for a while.

Joe's reign was a bore. I'm not a fan of TNA and I don't watch it that often (and when I do, I usually can't last a full episode), but I don't think a single thing Joe did that I saw/read/etc was interesting. While Kong's championship run was better, I think, it just never captured my attention either. Maybe its because she lost it and regained it a few times and nothing really has seemed to change? Idk.

Punk's WHC reign to me was just a typical transition period. Nothing big.

HHH's title reign, I hated. He held it way too long for no good reasons. Its not like he was putting on 5-star classic matches with it. The only interest anybody had in his reign was "when is Hardy going to win the title?" which ended up being "he never will unless he can pin someone else, not HHH" lol.

McGuinness...I don't know. I don't know damn near anything about ROH. If I haven't heard about it, I obviously don't care enough about it haha.

So that leaves us with two choices: Orton or Miz/Morrison or Orton (and I'm assuming its not his 20 minute long reign, right? Lol).

Orton gets points for having retained at WrestleMania. That was a big shocker. But he loses almost all of them by dropping it a month later at Backlash. His feud with Hardy at the beginning of the year was pretty good, as was his feud with HBK around Survivor Series. / Miz and Morrison get major points for being totally random and actually pulling it off. Everyone was shocked that they beat Hardy and MVP because these two were feuding at the time as well. When they announced the match on Smackdown, I figured both sides would just cave in and the match would be called with Hardy/MVP retaining, nothing big, you know? I was TOTALLY shocked when they won, and then when they retained a few minutes later on. And then they went on to become easily the best tag team out there today, having a really long and successful stride. They didn't even lose their titles by getting pinned. That gives them an edge over Orton.

So Morrison/Miz have a longer reign (I think), and they didn't get pinned, and it was a shocker that they won in the first place, on top of how much they improved over that time period and kept it interesting for all of us. Orton, though, faced much tougher opponents.

This is tough....so I'm not going to vote until I see some other opinions trying to sway me one way or the other, but rest assured, I'll be voting for either Orton or Miz/Morrison.

Marella - IC

Mostly because it was entertaining, not because it was full of great matches.

It made for good filler, which is what any mid-card belt is these days anyway, and it provided a few laughs along the way. It also kept most of us guessing if they would actually let him keep it that long...

I couldn't go with either TNA belt because Kong lost it to someone new to the company in their first match, it what was built up as a surprise competitor...I know Marella did the same thing, and no, I didn't like his first reign either. Samoa Joe's reign was basically just a fat pissed off guy yelling and spitting at everyone. Beer Money Inc.'s title reign had only one short-lived feud, among a pretty good group of tag teams, so I couldn't vote for them.

My next thought was for Punk's title reign, because of the shock that came with it, but it was a little too short lived...

I loved Miz and Morrison's title reign but there wasn't much competition for them so that hurts them but not much...I will have to go with Orton...It all started with beating Triple H in a LMS match and he beat Shawn Michaels, Jeff Hardy and John Cena during his reign...He put on great matches and improved his mic skills and became a more serious heel...I hate that he lost it at Backlash as he could have held it till Night of Champions but his title reign was one of the best in the last few years.

I'll say Orton. I said it before and I'll say it again here: Orton's title reign was perfect. He feuded with and beat every face on Raw, then had a shocking win at Mania, and lost it to the one face he hadn't beaten yet, making HHH look like the biggest dog in the yard as he was supposed to. He was a great heel that you always thought was going to lose but never did. You wanted him to get beat, but no one could do it. That right there is the mark not only of a great heel, but of a great title reign. Orton, with Miz/Morrions in a somewhat distant second.

It's a shame that he has no chance in hell to win this simply because he doesn't work for one of the big 2, but Nigel McGuiness is in the midst of a 14 month and counting title reign. He has gone from bland babyface to complex heel who creates mega-heat at nearly every show. Really a terrific title run.

Definately Orton's reign wins my vote here. Randy Orton's WWE Championship reign was the best in a long time. It made him look dominant, but he also made his opponents look just as strong, which is nearly impossible to accomplish. It was sure as hell entertaining. And it really defined Orton as a true WWE main eventer and one of the best current WWE superstars. The WWE gave him the ball, and he ran with it.

Retaining at Mania was the icing on the cake. Nobody expected that, and I really mean absolutely nobody. That long title reign benefitted almost everyone, and it further proved that long titles reigns are much better than short titles reigns. His run was the only noticeable title reign of the year.

Orton wins this by a large margin.

Marella - IC

Mostly because it was entertaining

I cannot think of an entertaining point of Marella's title reign.

not because it was full of great matches.

Certainly not, there was not one good match in his reign, heck he didn't even win the title by pinning someone. Beth Phoenix pinned Mickie James for him to win, after that the matches were on average about a minute long, with his rather unfunny promos taking up more time.

It made for good filler, which is what any mid-card belt is these days anyway, and it provided a few laughs along the way. It also kept most of us guessing if they would actually let him keep it that long...

Did anyone honestly think he would beat HTM's record? About 5 people in the spam zone did, and thank goodness he didn't.

I gave this to Orton's reign, it had everything you want in a championship reign of being entertaining, great matches, surprises and just that something that made it special.

If you'll notice, Triple H is the only wrestler with a world title to have a proper reign.

WWE Championship -

Randy Orton:

Competative match with Jeff Hardy at the Rumble.
Has to get himself disqualifed at No Way Out.
What do you mean he was involved in the triple threat match at WrestleMania. I'm sure it was simply Triple H vs. John Cena.
Loses the belt to Triple H.

Edge:

Wins & loses the belt within a month.

Jeff Hardy:

Wins the belt at the end of the year so you can't really assess the reign.

World Heavyweight Championship -

Edge: Numerous reigns, won and lost several times.

Undrtaker: Won & lost the title withing weeks.

Punk: Didn't even get to lose his title properly.

Batista: 8 day reign.

Chris Jericho: Won belt, lost belt, won belt.

John Cena: To early to assess the reign.

There is only one other wrestler holding a world title that's been made to look dominant, and that was Joe. He failed. Triple H wins by default. Mid card titles don't mean anything anymore.

Randy Orton - WWE Title
This reign was good. It gets my vote. He even retained at Mania. Good for Orton.

CM Punk - WHC
He had a title reign?

Kong - TNA Knockout
Yawn.

Miz & Morrison - WWE Tag
They held it for a long time, but didn't do anything notable while champions.

McGuinness - ROH World
Who cares?

Samoa Joe - TNA World
Samoa Joe succeeded at putting us all to sleep.

Triple H - WWE Title
Much too long. Very boring.

Beer Money - TNA Tag
No comment. I don't watch much of them.

Santino Marella - Intercontinental
It was comedy. Nothing more.

I voted for Orton, because his was the most interesting out of all of them. He had high quality matches with pretty much all of his opponents, and his character just made the entire title reign more enjoyable. He had good opponents & the storylines were mostly compelling, look to his fued with Jeff Hardy.

"The Legend Killer" Randy Orton
In my eyes you have to eliminate all mid card titles unless the champ held the title for a year or something impressive like that, but even then its a stretch in my eyes for a mid card title to be considered. I was not impressed by Punk's reign. When i first looked at the list the two that stuck out were Orton and HHH. I had to look at there bodies of work and i had to go with Orton for the following reasons:

Late 2007...beat HBK at Survivor Series

Royal Rumble (2008)...beats Jeff Hardy

Won cleanly at Wrestlemania against HHH and Cena, dont think many expected that.

The Age of Orton dominated the big ppv's during his title reign, making him my pick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back