Undertaker vs Edge

Samoa Joe vs Booker T

Beer Money vs LAX

Cena vs Jericho

Batista vs Orton

Triple H vs Hardy

Big Show vs Mayweather

Roxxi Leveux vs The Beautiful People

Its really between Edge/Taker and Jericho/Michaels. The others pale in comparison. HHH/Hardy would've been better if it didn't just seem like Hardy was getting shafted all the time.

Between Edge/Taker and Jericho/Michaels, I feel the better storyline was between Y2J and HBK, but Edge and Taker had a bigger atmosphere about it. HBK/Y2J had less moments that were tiresome, but they also had a smaller amount of shocking moments. La Familia had to deal with Ryder, Hawkins, Bam, and Chavo....while HBK/Y2J had to deal with Batista and Cade.

Hm.....I'll vote tomorrow.

It is most def. between Edge/Undertaker and Jericho/HBK. I used to prefer the latter, but I have recently changed my mind. The match quality between Jericho/HBK didn't get close to meeting expectations. Edge and Undertaker, however, fought 4 times and 3 of the matches were absolute classics. The story for Jericho/HBK may have been a little bit better, but when it came to match time they simply failed to deliver any classics (except for maybe Judgement Day).

I cannot comment on TNA feuds, because I don't watch. But I feel that all the other feuds weren't even close to Edge Vs. Taker.

Had to be a "smark" and go with an ROH feud as the Best Feud of the Year, and that is the Age of the Fall vs. Austin Aries.

I use to have this hatred for Aries that I just can't explain. He just bugged the living shit out of me. And I could never enjoy a match of his unless he was in the ring with Bryan Danielson, CM Punk or Samoa Joe. And I mean that literally.

However, that has all changed this year with his feud against the Age of the Fall. This was feud was just awesome. It was the natural good guy Aries, against the natural bad guys Jimmy Jacobs and his crew. I'm going to give a quick explanation of how it all went down so people unfamiliar with the program can get a grasp of what it was about.

In early to late February, Austin had looked to becoming very frustrated with his spot in ROH. Jimmy Jacobs and his crew realized this and offered him an invitation to their stable, Age of the Fall. At first Austin showed reluctance, but seemed as if he was giving it some serious thought. A lot of fans, including myself, were expecting him to join AOTF with every passing show. But, Aries went a while without an answer. To persuade him some more, Jimmy Jacobs sent his girlfriend and the love his life, Lacey, to help get Aries to join the stable. But that ended up being a huge mistake made by Jacobs, because by doing this, he drove Lacey into the arms of Aries, and those two started a romantic relationship (in real life, those two have been dating for years). By doing so, Lacey left AOTF and Austin obviously ended up declining their invitation to join the group. This all happened at the beginning of a show called Return Engagement in April. After receiving this news, Jimmy looked distraught and it seemed as if he would leave the building and not compete in the main event that night. However, after the match he was suppose to have been in was over, he came back out and called out Aries in the ring. Aries comes out and the two start to fight. The rest of the AOTF members join the fight and beat Aries’ ass for a little bit. Then as when Jacobs is about to kill Aries with a spike, Lacey comes out and pleads with Jacobs not too. Jacobs, still in love with Lacey, obliges. But, a couple of weeks later, we would see a video on the AOTF's website where Jimmy basically ambushed Lacey outside of some mini mall or something, by taking out his spike and the camera then cutting off. Soon after that, Aries would do an interview stating that Lacey was done no harm, but was so shaken up from the incident, that she retired from wrestling forever. Following all this, was unbelievably fantastic match after unbelievably fantastic match between Aries and Jacobs, and Aries and the rest of AOTF. This feud lasted all the way to late November, which it finally ended in an "I Quit" match between Aries and Jacobs, in which Lacey made her one and only return to help Aries to victory.

So, maybe you think that's all garbage, and that's fine. But I loved the storyline, and I especially loved the matches that came from this feud.

Let me say though, if I had to pick a WWE feud, I would have to go with Big Show/Mayweather. That was a storyline done to perfection, in my opinion. I enjoyed every second of it.

for me, what makes a feud, is what we all pay to see, the actual matches. and none of the above feuds can even come within a sniff of what Edge and Taker gave to us. It gave us THREE legit MOTY canidates, to one for HBK-Y2J. True Jeritron and Shawn may have given us better promo work, but at the end of the day, what matters is the in ring action, and Jericho-HBK matches just never seemed to live up to the hype, wereas pretty much everything Edge and Taker did was at LEAST golden, if not platinum. Great matches make a feud, more than great talking.

edge and taker take the win easy. HBK and Y2J was good but not as good as taker vs edge. i watched the edge vs taker wm24 match the other week for the first time and that was great. the story played out pretty good IMO except when they vanquished the title from taker. a clean win with edge pinning taker at backlash would have been good. but oh well . hell and teh cell was alright. to much weapons used . tlc was great. do i need to say any more???

Undertaker v. Edge...Even though the promos werent as good as HBK/Y2J, the buildup was excellent and three great matches came out of it...You even had Undertaker being stripped of the belt which added more intrigue and made Undertaker more determined to get it back which he never did.

The HBK/Y2J feud helped out Y2J and him only...He carried this feud all the way through with his promos and turned into a serious heel when he smashed HBK's head through the Jeritron....The only good match they had was the Ladder Match and I would have picked this if it was the HBK or 3 or 4 years ago.

As usual, breaking this up.

Jericho and HBK is an early leader. These two had a real feud for a good while with a great key: they didn't actually wrestle for a good many months. Two flaws I see to it though: HBK never really got anything out of it, and it just went on too long.

Taker and Edge might be the big one here. These two put on a great feud with several classics. The Mania match was the MOTN, One NIght Stand has a huge suprise ending and some of the best spots I've seen in a long time. The Cell match was brutal, with Edge taking one of the worst beatings I've ever seen. Definitely the leader.

Joe and Booker was a filler feud. Did nothing but lay the groundwork for the MEM angle. Nothing special at all.

Beer Money and LAX was ok, but ther ewas one flaw: LAX never won a match. That's not a feud, that's an assault.

Cena/Jericho-Yet again, not a real feud. Jericho was holding the title for Cena, and got a rematch. Nothing more, nothing less.

Batista and Orton hasn't really gotten going yet as there's at least 1-2 more matches in this. As me this again in 3 months, and this might get my vote, but it's too early yet.

HHH and Hardy-Interesting one here. These two had a rivalry that actually went somewhere. It put one some great matches, but it never really ended well for Hardy. I don't think he ever beat him one on one, which kills some of the heat. Not bad, but there were better feuds.

Mayweather/Show-No. In every sense of the word.

Roxxi/BP-They feuded?

Taker and Edge, with only one real competitor.

for me, what makes a feud, is what we all pay to see, the actual matches. and none of the above feuds can even come within a sniff of what Edge and Taker gave to us. It gave us THREE legit MOTY canidates, to one for HBK-Y2J. True Jeritron and Shawn may have given us better promo work, but at the end of the day, what matters is the in ring action, and Jericho-HBK matches just never seemed to live up to the hype, wereas pretty much everything Edge and Taker did was at LEAST golden, if not platinum. Great matches make a feud, more than great talking.

You know, I both agree and disagree with this post simultaneously. And it kills me.

I understand where you come from saying that the matches are what make the feud for you, but for me, I like feuds that take the emotions of a crowd to another level. Edge vs Undertaker was a legit "good vs evil" fight, and yes, the two men delivered when they fought.

But the Jericho / HBK feud provided some controversy and some emotion. Between the moment Jericho tossed HBK through the Jeritron (obvious nod to the breakup of The Rockers), to Jericho's full blown heel turn calling the crowd "hypocrites," to the shocking punch to Shawn's wife, to the beatings and ladder match and whatnot - holy flipping hell.

But, then again, Edge vs Taker co-headlined the two biggest PPV shows of the year. It's the UFC equivalent of Tito Ortiz vs Ken Shamrock, condensed into 8 months.

I am on the rocks with this one, so I'll hold off until I read more.

I almost forgot about Edge/'Taker. Not because it was forgettable, just because my mind's been focused on one feud. Likewise, I think Beer Money LAX had its moments, although it was highly inconsistent.

Nope, my feud of the year is HBK/Jericho. I actively searched out matches and segments for this feud; something I have not done in a long time. I'm not even a particularly big fan of either performers. I've certainly been giving Michaels a kicking lately. But it was so compelling. It's hard to break it down into its core components. Come to think of it, that's probably part of the reason I liked it.

I'm not talking Oscar-type storytelling, but it was better than the usual tripe we get as wrestling fans. Let's be honest, even the "good" stories are simplistic and generic. It's how the business is.

HBK/Jericho? Seriously. What did this feud actually accomplish, well besides getting Lance Cade fired. Outside of the promo work, mostly thank you to Chris Jericho, this feud was about as dull as a butter knife. The Judgment Day match was the only good match of the lot.

So we have a match at the Great American Bash in which we see the match have no ending, it's just stopped, oh awesomeness. Fast Forward to Unforgiven to see the Epic Street fight in which the match can only end by pinfall or submission, oh wait, but the match is stopped because it gets too violent, wtf?

Edge vs. the Undertaker is the feud of the year. It started in May of 2007 with Edge cashing in MITB, and was reignited at Surivor Series with Edge returning as the camera man. The main event of Wrestlemania 24 was match of the year, no ifs and or buts.

They had an okay rematch at Backlash, but this feud exploded at the TLC match at One Night Stand. Edge dominating the Undertaker in his speciality match solidified Edge as a major player in the business for years to come. Then came the Hell in the Cell match, where both men left everything. Spotty, yes, but damn entertaining and not spotty for the sake of being spotty. The Undertaker having to become Edge to beat him is a great piece of story telling that gets lost throughout this.

None of the feuds really stand out to me. Jericho vs, HBK & Taker vs. Edge were good, solid. But like most feuds these days they went on far too long. Each match was good, intresting. But you'd seen them that many times they'd lost all impact.

Out of the two I'd pick Jericho & Michaels. Because Chris elevated HBK into something intresting.

The rest are meh. Booker/Joe was worthless, Joe's feud with Angle was better, but like most it's been overdone to death. Batista vs. Orton isn't finished, Triple H dominated Jeff Hardy & Big Show/Mayweather was a fuck up until the match.

Not on the list I'd go for Orton/Jeff Hardy, because I suspect Jeff will be an underdog champion now. Which I don't think he would have been if he'd won in January.

I picked Orton and Batista. This feud has been in the making four years. They've been dropping hints for a while now that these two were going to finally butt heads. And it was excellent when they did. I'm completely in love with this feud. Adding Rhodes to it just makes it better for me. Orton has turned Batista into something interesting for me, which I never thought that I would say. Edge and Undertaker and Michaels and Jericho bored me to tears half the time. Orton and Batista is my favorite thing going right now.

Easily Taker vs Edge. The fued had everything. MOTY candidates, segments which were unrivalled and two superstars who were producing moments that were amazing. This really showed Edge on the top of his game, and showed that 'Taker still had something left to give. They both produced amazing matches, and the storyline was compelling every single week on SD! No other choice really.

Moment of the year for me came down to two... HBK going through the Jerichotron, and Undertaker and his majassive ladder being tipped over to go through a stack of 4 tables... we knew it was happening when it was set up, but no-one thought it'd be Taker.

To me, Edge-Taker stole it. The ladder match was awesome, and it was definately one of those moments you thought wouldn't happen. Ok, some of the feud was a little patchy story wise, but at least they both competed and drew other wrestlers in, such as Show, La Familia et.al. HBK and Y2J were all about their own little mind games and I feel the lack of competition with the 'eye injury' hurt the feud.

Taker and Edge... we salute thee

Wow now that I look at it, 2008 was a shit year in terms of good feuds. To be honest, the HBK/Jericho and the Taker/Edge rivalries were the best feuds of the year, and I wasn't even really interested in them a great deal. But this is an easy choice for me. The 2008 Chris Jericho/Shawn Michaels feud was the most overrated piece of shit, in a long time. Every week on Raw, all we'd get was a promo talking about how HBK is a hypocrite and all that other crap. They both hardly competed in matches until the pay per views.

Yet, smarks were all over this feud. Yeah sure, it elevated Jericho into a true heel main eventer, but apart from that it was just a good long feud but nothing more, in my opinion. The matches they had, were so overrated and just didn't live up to the standards that people had for them. I'll admit, the Edge/Taker Wrestlemania main event was good at best, but nothing more. I just can't see what's so special about it. If smarks could attempt to get their act together and see that Edge really isn't as great in the ring as you all pretend him to be, then you might notice that the Undertaker/Batista match from the year before was a LOT better.

But I enjoyed the Taker/Edge feud more. Their TLC and Hell in a Cell matches were great, but Edge always excells in gimmick matches, as does Taker. Both men competed in matches on a weekly basis on Smackdown and the feud wasn't full of repetitive promos which is why it gets my vote. Both are overrated feuds though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back