Time to Get the "E" Out???

As far as I know, this classic logo is allowed, because it is more or less a graphic, rather than text. The attitude era WWF logo, meanwhile, is more obviously text based. If I recall correctly, the old school WWF image that you just posted is allowed, as it is an image, rather than text based.

Very good question...

I wish it was still WWF.... Because all this blurring is insane.. I can't even watch my Rock dvd... I've had it since the day it came out and have only seen disc 1... The blurring is just so annoying...Did they really have to go that far? Give the pandas 20 million bucks and buy some rights!

Something..Anything!

I wouldn't care if it was WWE if we could simply stop editing classic matches....

Try watching Wrestlemania 17 after it's been edited.... 10 bucks say you'll want to cut ur eyes out of your head before Austin vs The Rock even happens.

I don't really mind the name WWE at this point though I'd love it if it went back to being the WWF. But I absolutely hate how they have to blur out the WWF logos and edit out announcers from saying "WWF" on their DVDs. That's one of the reasons I refuse to buy the wrestlers "Best ofs" DVDs because if it's someone like Austin (last one I bought) most of his success came in the the WWF and during his matches, promos, etc. you just see all of the logos blurred out and Jim Ross and Jerry Lawler only say "WW... title". It's awful. McMahon should have at least fought for the rights to use the logo and name in all old videos.

Also, let's say Vince gets the WWF name back. The Summerslam, Wrestlemania and Royal Rumble anthologies, as well as dozens of other dvds have been released. Would you or WWE be willing to go through and unedit then rerelease all of those without the editing? I can't stand the blurring either, but I'm not about to go out and buy a bunch of new dvds because of it. THe wrestling is still there, its just called something different.

They wouldn't have to go back and unedit anything. I'm sure they have all of the original tapes that they could release on DVD that are unedited.

Edit: Someone already brought it up but I want to know anyways... why are they allowed to show the old WWF logo from the '80s and '90s but not the scratch logo?

It doesn't bother me in all honesty. I don't see it as a big deal to me, its only a name after all. WWE are 3 great initials that really stand for what the show is about. It is known globally around the "World". It is a "Wrestling" show and it involves a fair bit of "Entertainment". Wrestling and Entertainment are fairly balanced in the WWE nowadays as they don't outweigh each other. They are also mixed in together well and nobody wants to watch a wrestling match that is 'unentertaining'. Also, I personally think WWE sounds better than WWF anyway.

But many people that don't follow wrestling and are over 20 years old still think of wrestling when you mention the initials WWF. Hardly anyone knows that the WWF lost the rights to the letters a few years ago. I'm only talking about people who don't watch wrestling here. But as mentioned before, I also dislike the blurring out of the WWF initials on the new WWE dvd's. It is quite distracting and annoying when watching a match in my opinion. Its been 6 years already, so why change it back now? It's not like its going to make a difference to the fans viewing it or a change in the product itself.

I say keep the WWE initials for as long as they possibly can. I don't see the need of change and even if they somehow change initials, I most likely won't care. It's not a big deal to me and it doesn't affect the product to me one bit. I'll still watch it no matter what initials the program decides to have. Loyal fans should feel and do the same. But if I had a choice, I would leave it the way it is now as I have grown to like the initials "WWE".

personally i liked the wwf but since tht is no longer i say keep wwe. i mean i really cant think of anything else it could be. so for now i say keep it cause its probly the only one that would fit right now

i say keep it since people really wouldnt care if they change it back to wwf.but it would be nice to see the old ww...title(as referred to in dvds)back instead of the spinner one.and i agree with flameleeuk.how r people gonna get someone getting hit in the head with a steel chair,to a freaking panda?it makes no sense.

I do believe it's stupid the WWE has to blur out anything with the WWF logo on, from 10 years ago. However I understand the need of it. They could easily be sued by the World Wildlife Fund if they knowingly published anything with the initials on. They do it to protect themselves, and McMahon would be stupid not to do that.

WWE will never be able to 'buy' the name WWF, or indeed convince anyone they deserve the name. Here's why. In the public view of things the WWF is a non-profiltable charity, organised to help animals at no personal gain to the volunteers. The WWE is a fake sport which promotes violence amongst youngsters and has a number of 'taboo' storylines.

What annoys me is people who still call the WWE, WWF. Sorry, it just gets to me. It's been well over 5 years that it changed, and the initials WWF are seen nowhere on anything from the WWE. Hell, I even owned a "Get the F out" T-shirt. But people still say WWF. No matter how many times I tell them it's changed. Even explain why.

And whenever somene says WWF, I automaically think of wrestling, not some animal charity with a panda as a logo. Ask most people what the WWF stands for, and wrestling will be mentioned. I don't think that's going to be changed for a long time.

That all being said, I don't think the WWE should change their name at all again. WWE is a good name. I don't think it sounds better than WWF, but I think people have gotten used to it being WWE and there is no need for another change. How hard would that be? Everything would have to be changed. The only way I can see it changing is if another lawsuit comes out, which I doubt as I don't believe any other company has the initials.
No offense hbk but according to your profile you are only 16 and to you a good part of your life since getting into wrestling it has been called wwe but to us a little older we was brought up in the WWF! and it will be WWF for life for me and my homies! Seriously I could care less if they change the name back or not I can live with the wwe because it is not about the name but about the product and I know what wwe is and I know what wwf was and will always be in my heart and if I still call it wwf that is my right because that is what wrestling was for a great part of my life!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back