Time Machine: The 1st WrestleZone Forums Election

I was wondering why I got rep yesterday from you about a post I made back in '12.

Guess the right move was made by giving Dagger the mod role. He's the only one still here, although I do miss Crock. Sam Smith deserved a World title run (or a chance to challenge for it) in hindsight.

I was wondering why I got rep yesterday from you about a post I made back in '12.

Bit off-topic but this relates to something I've been wondering about. Is there any point in my giving rep at this stage? If I rep someone does it actually increase their rep any? I'm not real clear on how it works but I notice people with high post counts are worth a lot of rep. Is there a certain number of posts I need before I can give anyone a rep that has value? I always wonder that when I click the rep tab, if I'm just doing it for no reason.

The rep system has been changed over the years and rep now means far less than it used to. However, the value today is basically just in saying thank you or acknowledging someone, which means a lot more to me than points on a total I can manipulate.

Bit off-topic but this relates to something I've been wondering about. Is there any point in my giving rep at this stage? If I rep someone does it actually increase their rep any? I'm not real clear on how it works but I notice people with high post counts are worth a lot of rep. Is there a certain number of posts I need before I can give anyone a rep that has value? I always wonder that when I click the rep tab, if I'm just doing it for no reason.

It's 1 for the 30 post mark.
Another 1 for every 500 posts.
Another 1 for every 2,000 points in your rep score.

I have 8,500+ posts and 40,400+ for my rep score, so my reps are worth around 38, I believe.

Link%20(Normal)%20-%20Item1.gif
Link%20(Blue)%20-%20Item1.gif
Link%20(Red)%20-%20Item1.gif

It's 1 for the 30 post mark.
Another 1 for every 500 posts.
Another 1 for every 2,000 points in your rep score.

I have 8,500+ posts and 40,400+ for my rep score, so my reps are worth around 38, I believe.

Link%20(Normal)%20-%20Item1.gif
Link%20(Blue)%20-%20Item1.gif
Link%20(Red)%20-%20Item1.gif

That explains it well, thanks. I think that means my reps are worth one point. It's the thought that counts, right?

I green repped someone once and they got bent out of shape because they thought I red repped them. When someone is new is it grey or a different color?

That explains it well, thanks. I think that means my reps are worth one point. It's the thought that counts, right?

I green repped someone once and they got bent out of shape because they thought I red repped them. When someone is new is it grey or a different color?

New posters' rep would usually be grey unless they hit a negative total rep score or hit that first 30 posts. Grey rep is not worth anything to my knowledge. They are at rep power level zero.

I believe that I was on a hiatus from the forums around the time that was going on (I used to come and go a lot). That's one of the many things I regret not being apart of around here.

Jesus, I've just realized that I've been apart of these here forums for 10 years.

Simple fact of the matter is, the forums elections were a game, a contest, and Dagger Dias won because he played the game the best. Some may not have liked it, and some did (I was clearly in the latter group). He was the most deserving candidate of those involved, he won because he deserved to win, and over the ensuing years he displayed, and continues to display on a daily basis, that the right poster won. End of story.

I remember the good old Designers Section. That was fun when people still cared for it. I wasn't even a member, but I used a Sin Cara wallpapper for some reason from a guy that threw it in here.

I don't remember this election though, but I reckon Dagger is a great mod.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back