Time for a new WHC belt?

Is it time for a newly designed WHC belt?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Showtime

It's Showtime!
K, since WWE bought WCW and brought the bag gold title belt to WWE programing in 2001 we have seen the WWE title change it's apperance three times, (After Triple H won the undisputed titles from Jericho and made it one new belt, after John Cena won it from JBL and gave us that damn spinner, and after Orton won it and stopped it from spinning, also briefly when it the Rated-R title) and now we've seen the ECW title change in a little over two years since its creation. So the quesion, is it time for the WHC belt to change it's image up. If so how would you like it to look and who do you think should be the wrestler to do it?
At the moment I'm not up for it being changed, I think some people might still care, but I do think at the right moment with the right person can make it happen. I think CM Punk could be that person who could do it and usher in a new era with it, but not during this title reign. I think it might give him negative heat by doing it. Perhaps by the time his second title reign comes around when he's a little more seasoned and my accepted as a true main-eventer (I think he is, but I get what others say too). As for how it should look, I'm not at all sure, but I think it definitly needs an update, maybe some more colour and shine to it.

No way. The World Heavyweight Title is always impressive. It is beautiful. It's a Sheet of Gold! The belt has so much history behind it. It should stand for prestige, the same way I wish the WWE Belt would stand for the honor of the WWE. Now that has been made to be a fashion piece. The Punk Championship fits well, even though Punks Character isn't one to be donned in gold. Its not like they'd make the title made of pepsi can. I could see short changes. Like if Santino won it, they could make it 100 times better, and center the Millenium Diamond in the middle. Then when They have to make another title, they could just bring back the Big Gold Belt.

Definitly could see Santino doing that, that would be awesome. I know I think it would be a big deal if the title belt changed it's appearance, that's why i brought up the idea. It would be impossible to imagine it ever happening, but the WWE title changes all the time, so what would stop the WHC belt from changing one, WWE might just do it.

For the WHC, I don't think so. That belt, for the most part, hasn't been changed in God knows how long.

But I do think its time for a new WWE championship. As we've all said before a thousand times a piece, the spinner-belt just doesn't show any sort of prestige and it looks like something that would come out of a 50-cent bubblegum machine.

Winged WWE championship, anybody?

Nah, the World Heavyweight Championship is an oldie and a goodie. Can't beat the Big Gold Belt. It just looks damn cool, s'all - it's big. And gold. And oh yeah, it's a belt.

The WWE Championship is another story. Jesus, I'd prefer the Divas Championship design to that ultimate piece of crap. "Hai Aimda WWE CHAMP LOL!!!!!" ...puh-thetic.

I think the WHC is what a championship belt should look like. It looks like pure gold and it actually looks prestigious. Though, I'm surprised that McMahon hasn't changed it at all since its WCW days, considering that he hates acknowledging competition.

The WWE title which, IMO, is still the most prestigious belt in WWE, is a bling-bling toy. They don't even have the decency to write "Champion" on the belt instead of "CHAMP". It's just ridiculous, considering that there is much more history behind the WWE championship.

Why would you change the World Heavyweight championship belt? I love the way it looks, its the prototype in my eyes of what a World championship belt should look like. If any belt needs to be redone and a new one made its the WWE Championship. That belt looks horrible in my eyes, I'm not a fan of it at all. They should definitely get rid of it and adapt a far more old school look to the championship. It looks like some cheap, tacky piece of garbage compared to the WHC belt.

Let's be honest here, the ECW belt redesign was necessary. I like the look of the older belt, but on guys like say, Kane, it looked like a toy. The ECW belt was not made for the hulking guys that WWE has. The WWE Championship has changed it's look because it has mostyl been for gimmick effect, like the spinner belt, which I still say looks Gay as Hell on Triple H, Randy Orton, Edge, or anyone other than John Cena. It worked for Cena because of his gimmick. Now that Cena is no longer the champ, it's time for the belt to go back to something that doesn't look like a blinged up piece of crap. The WWE Championship as it is now looks like a toy, plain and simple. The World Heavyweight Championship belt though, that belt has looked good from the get go. It looks important and looks like a real championship. Does it need to changes? Not really, it is fine the way that it is. WWE seems to think that if they change the way the belts look then what, people will watch? Like it's wallpaper or something? Wanna' talk about a belt that needa to change though, that Divas belt is butt ass ugly. It looks more like a Bratz accessory than a championship.

The WHC belt is probably the best looking belt they have at the moment, they shouldn't get rid of it. It's the big gold belt, everyone knows the big gold belt. If anything, they need to change the WWE championship, the spinner design means absolutely nothing.

Big Gold Belt ftw. That is without a doubt the belt with the most history behind it in the WWE and hasn't been changed in a while. Although having said that it doesn't suit Punk at all but I expect his reign to end soon. Also old schoolers would consider it blasphemous to get rid of the BGB.

Get rid of the Cena's belt already it looks like a piece of shiny thrash, bring back the old one already.

The WWE championship shows how disastrous changing a heavyweight title can be as it looks crap and looks out of place compared to all the other titles in the WWE so I think the title should stay the way it is

I would say yeas because the belt is so damn old-fashioned and boring. But given the WWE's recent track record in belt redesigning/making I have to say no. I mean look at the damn WWE Championship, how damn stupid does a belt shimmering with diamonds and "bling" look when it's held by someone like Edge or Orton. It just simply doesn't work.

Or how about that horrible Barbie championship over on Smackdown? You'd think that Michelle McCool is Matell's latest installment known as WWE Barbie that comes with her own personal championship belt!! YAY!! Gag with a damn spork, that belt makes me not respect women's wrestling.

The new ECW championship just seems like they wanted to further separate from the old school ECW even more with a new design. It's alright but could obviously be much better.

So the resounding answer is no, as knowing the WWE they'd probably put a big spinning Pepsi logo or some shit like that on it. Even though the belt could use a little modern upgrading touch, just nothing too tacky.

No way. To me, the key to a belt is that it's big and gawky to look at. The WHC and the 2nd wing belt, the one that Austin got the night after he first won the title, those were great belts. They're huge and make you remember who the champion was. You couldn't forget it if you tried. The WWE title right now is jsut stupid looking. It looks like a belt with a case around it. Just not liking the look of it at all. Watch a clip of Taker when he had the WHC. That belt looked nothing short of amazing on him. It made you really think this man is the best in the world, hands down. No way should it be changed.

With the way WWE has been making their belts into all this "bling bling" shit, as evidenced by that god-awful spinner belt and the new ridiculous-looking "Divas" belt, I shudder to think what would happen to the WHC should they decide to make a new belt to represent it.

It's time for the WWE title to change its appearance. Why keep the spinner design if it doesn't even spin anymore? Doesn't that defeat the whole purpose of the design in the first place? I can't stand looking at that piece of crap! They've turned the title that I used to see guys beating the hell out of each other for (Attitude Era, anyone?) Into a childlike toy.

Being a huge Undertaker fan, I want Taker to come back and win the WWE title from Triple H. Then maybe it will finally change its appearance (as Taker with the spinner belt would just look like total insanity).

Hell, Cena isn't even on the same show with it anymore! Change it already!!!:mad:

No way. The World Heavyweight Championship has been the same since it was created. Why change it? People recognise it from all over the world, remembering when greats such as Ric Flair wore that belt. Changing it would be bad for history as no-one would recognise it.

the whc thats on raw now has only been around since eric bishoff gave it to hhh after lesner only wanted to defend the undisputed on smackdown. unless the one used by wcw had a wwe logo on the top of it the whole time lol.

Exactly. I started watching wrestling in the Attitude Era and it was the Big Eagle belt. Every time I saw it my 11 year old head said "woah, that thing looks cool, whoever has that is the man." And now my 20 year old head still says that when I remember it.

The spinner belt, however, looks like nothing more than a goddamn toy that a poser who thinks he's cool would wear. "Look at me with my spinner belt! I am SO COOL!" Yeah, right. Shut up you fucking pussy.

Ahem, sorry, that was a bit of a rant.

Nope. There is no reason to change the belt. It still has a little bit of prestige left unlike the WWE(spinner) or ECW belts. Also why should the WWE change one of their biggest prizes? You dont see the NHL changing the Stanely cup every 10 years and making it spin.

the spinner belt only ever suited 1 person an that was cena
To me the WHC will always still be the wcw belt in my eyes
an over the past couple of years i havent liked the wwe's title designs.
Like who's the crazy person that designs these an think that can be classed as a prestigious title???

i would say the best wwe title that i liked an wouldnt mind it coming back is the little wwf championship that was around back in the early/mid 90s before the whole attitude era began
for instance 1 example: the title that the undertaker won back at wm13 against sycho sid thats the title im talkin about.

an bring back the old wwf tag team titles instead of the world tag titles that was held by teams like legion of doom, hart foundation, new age outlaws

and also for ted diabise jr give him the million dollar belt so it would be like passing of the torch from the million dollar man to ted diabise.

i proper hated the hardcore title it looked like a complete mess that if you had hold of it it looked like you could of just ripped it in half

Apart from the World Tag Team belts, the World Heavyweight Championship is the only other belt in the WWE that looks like its worth its weight in gold.

Its also looked good on anyone who's ever worn it, unlike the WWE title...

No leave it with this one. This belt is kicking it old skool. we have the Spinner and the silver ECW one. leave this one as it is. I love the design. its plain and simple but it kicks arse. and anyway how would you change it? Another spinner? No fucking way.

There is no need for this belt to be changed. and if they do then they are making a mistake. its the only belt left that looks decent and still looks like a real belt instead of a phony one or a silver "gold".

As the guy above me said it looks good on anyone who wears it. Big or small. unlike the modified ones that look shit and bulky.

Why, why on earth is there such insistence on changing belt designs every few years?

When was the last time the Stanley Cup was changed, how about the Lombardi Trophy, the World Series Trophy? Why in professional wrestling is there a change of the title every five years or so?

The Big Gold has been my favorite belt since it's inception. It was birthed in the controversy surrounding Ric Flair, the WCW break up from the NWA, and has been the one constant title belt in the industry since the early 90's. It's not so old that it's obsolete, but it is old enough that people relate it to the NWA (when it was relevant) and WCW.

It's personal selfish reasons why I don't think this belt needs to be changed. It's the last thing that reminds people that there was once a company outside of the WWE, and McMahon and company honor that company by displaying that belt as a major championship, it's respect. To change the belt is pure disrespect to all of the greats that have held onto that title.

Under absolutely no circumstances should the WWE even consider getting rid of the "Big Gold Belt". It is by far the best looking title in the WWE, it has all kinds of tradition behind it, and just plain kicks ass. If this was about the damn WWE title, hell yeah, it needs to be changed, its just a large piece of bling right now...go back to the Hulk Hogan "Eagle" belt for all I care, but get rid of the spinner design...but, damn...how can anyone not marvel at the simple elegance of the World title?

In all fairness, some (not all; don't jump on me lol) of the people that are arguing against changing it are saying basically "don't do it because I like it the best". That's no better than saying "change it because I don't like it".

In my point of view, I hate the look of the title. It seems too big at times (though some people wear it well), its all one solid color which makes it look a little bland, etc. But I wouldn't change it. The "legacy" behind it is enough of a reason for it to stay the same. When this belt has gone this long with only very minor changes, it makes sense not to change it. That case can't be made for the WWE title, which has only been this way for a few years and had been changed several times before that.

Right now, out of everything, I'd have to say the Intercontinental title is my favorite design, because it goes more along with the late 90s which I'm more familiar with. I loved the Winged WWF title, I liked the one that followed it (not the Stone Cold title or any of that stuff). I used to like the old IC...I like the current Raw tag team titles...etc.

Change the WHC? Unnecessary after all this time being the same.

Change titles every so often? Sure. Sometimes its better. The United States title right now looks terrible to me, but at least its not the Cena-spinner US title, which was even worse. As I say all the time on these forums, "change for the sake of change doesn't mean its automatically better, but change for the sake of BETTERING something, now that's what you should aim for".

I love the support that everyone has for the Big Gold Belt. It is truely the best belt the WWE has and they do do it to respect the former company. But I'm curious. Dispite the overwelming support, there were a few who voted for a change, but none have made a post about it. I want one of those, i think 9, who voted that it is time for a change come and post and explain your point. Add some different viewpoint to this thread. I don't think it should change, why do you think it should?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back