• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Three Hours of TNA on Thursday's Again... Sorta

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
224_7be335477876db854960134c6e137164_m.jpg

http://www.impactwrestling.com/news...PACT-WRESTLING-This-Thursday-Night-On-SpikeTV

Don't miss three hours of TNA IMPACT WRESTLING every Thursday night on SpikeTV! Get your weekly TNA recap starting at 7/6c with the new "Rewind" broadcast immediately followed by IMPACT WRESTLING LIVE at 8/7c!

--

Rewind is going to be a recap show, so it's not like RAW going to three full hours (whenever that is).

Thoughts?

They better stick with 2 for now. People are still at work at that time. This just feels like they're trying to go 3 hours because Raws doing it.

This just feels like they're trying to go 3 hours because Raws doing it.

This, all day, every day. I know people will hate me for this but go ahead. TNA is trying too hard to be like WWE.

Monday shows, Going live, Turning Ultimate X into a lolz version of Money In The Bank, and now a third hour?

Just stop, please.

So basically they're going to run their 2 hour show then right after air a recap show of the show that just aired? weird.

So basically they're going to run their 2 hour show then right after air a recap show of the show that just aired? weird.

Um, no. They'll recap last weeks show first, and then air Impact live. I don't really think people will care for the rewind show, unless it has something unique about it. I don't see why they cant do Impact for two and a half hours every week. It's not overload, and things won't be so crammed.

No, the recap show runs before IMPACT. Read the press release.

It's Rewind from 7PM to 8PM, then IMPACT as normal from 8PM to 10PM.

Hell, it's even in the graphic I posted from their site as well. LOL.

I suppose its a good idea if anyone missed the previous week's Impact. Not sure how it will do ratings wise but it could work. And if TNA was really trying to be like WWE it wouldn't be a recap show. Let's see how it pans out.

To be honest I doubt this will last I mean reaction at least continued storylines and that lasted 5 months. This is like the TNA version of The WWE Experience awful little show in my opinion no one watches it cause they don't need to watch highlights of the last week and other boring crap. I expect TNA to go back to 2 hours on a Thursday before Raw does on a Monday night.

Would prefer they just went three hours of Impact weekly or got Xplosion on Spike as a show than a recap show or another Reaction!.

To expand:

Have Impact Wrestling as a three hour show would allow them to slot in the Knockouts and the weekly Television title defense/feud while expanding on the X-Division latest rebirth.

If they had Xplosion on another day as a one-hour show, I'd suggest making it either a Knockouts or X-Division exclusive (leaning more on a Knockouts exclusive at the mo'), leaving Impact Wrestling exclusively for the Heayvweight & Knockouts/X-Division.

Still, this is a pretty cheaply done moneymaker, so .... kudos?

They better stick with 2 for now. People are still at work at that time. This just feels like they're trying to go 3 hours because Raws doing it.

They will say otherwise, but it's common sense that is the reason why. They try and copy the WWE from time to time. Whether it's to try and draw people to them or because they actually think it's a good idea etc.

If anyone has kept up with Dixie Carter interviews you would know Spike TV wanted a 3 hour block for TNA back in November of last year. Don't see how doing this now is copying the WWE when it has been in the works for this long.

I don't see why they don't just use the third hour for more Impact. Half (exaggeration) the roster is just sitting around doing nothing, why not give them some tv time and keep them relevant?

If TNA was trying to copy WWE, they would not have a recap show, they would waste time during Impact showing recap videos upon return from every commercial break.

If the third hour is like Reaction was, then my "reaction" is ....meh. TNA likes to go overboard with the whole "reality tv" aspect. I don't need to or want to "peek behind the curtain" and get an insider look at the business all the time. That stuff is only good in moderation (IMO). I want more action in the ring and more new and talented stars!

Interesting idea but lets be honest here. A one hour recap show before the show and the chances are during the new Impact, they'll show what happened a week prior anyways or talk about it. Might as well just add the line 'Previously on Impact Wrestling'. Just seems like an cheap reason to promote Impact Wrestling going three hours and I don't see what TNA or Spike gain by this by putting it in that slot, at least a different day like Wednesday or at the Weekend (prior to PPVs).

TNA already had a three hour slot when they had Reaction right after Impact. If that didn't work and they got rid of Reaction, which was at least fresh coontent and new ideas, then why in the world do they think anyone wants to watch an hour recap of LAST WEEK's show? I'm assuming TNA thinks the casual fan might see the recap show, get interested, and then continue and watch the new 2 hour show of Impact. I don't think that's going to be the case at all.

I can't see the show doing to well unless some one that didn't see Impact last week wanted to get caught up. Hell, some people are still at work at 7. Maybe some how they can make it different instead of the standard recap show. I will check it out just to see what they are doing.

Hopefully it goes well for them but it does nothing for me, I in all likelihood won't be tuning in. Give me an extra 30 minutes of show time to begin the show focussed on the X Division or something instead and I'll definitely tune in.

I'd love more TNA programming in my week, but this isn't anything that catches my interest.

This, all day, every day. I know people will hate me for this but go ahead. TNA is trying too hard to be like WWE.

Monday shows, Going live, Turning Ultimate X into a lolz version of Money In The Bank, and now a third hour?

Just stop, please.

Ultimate is nothing like money in the bank and Ultimate came BEFORE MITB. The X-title is NOT MITB cash in. You can only trade the title for a world title match. The time and place of the title match is predetermined. The champ knows that you will be challenging him. You can't cash in when the champion is already been in a match and is tired.

YOu have to win the xdivision title and have it at the destination x PPV. It doesn't count for any other PPV.

It is absolutely NOTHING like MITB in any way shape or form.

You can only trade the title for a world title match.

You mean like how you can trade the briefcase for a world heavyweight/wwe match?

The time and place of the title match is predetermined. The champ knows that you will be challenging him.

You don't think CM Punk already knew that Alberto Del Rio would run out after he beat Cena for the WWE Championship?

You mean like how you can trade the briefcase for a world heavyweight/wwe match?

You don't think CM Punk already knew that Alberto Del Rio would run out after he beat Cena for the WWE Championship?

kayfabe wise NO he did not. you can't possibly really think that this is like MITB. Aires didn't run out and cash in when Roode was tired after a match or had been beaten down by someone else and NOONE else will be able to do this.

You're not even trying

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back