this quote is so stupid it defies logic

Hyorinmaru

Sit Upon The Frozen Heavens
I was checking out a forum i go to on occasion and I found this
Sending in troops to Iraq = Anti-terrorism
Protesting against the war = Pro-terrorism
It is so insanely stupid I decided to share it with all of you

How does protesting the war make you Pro-terrorism?

It has been said by some right wing nutjobs that if you protest the war you are supporting terrorism. Granted, it's basically just the extremists who say this, but the guy's quote wasn't illogical.

Basically if you want to stop the things that are stopping terrorism (allegedly), that means you're pro-terrorism. Stupid, but logical.

Sydney? WTF :disappointed:

The site of the 1978 Hilton bombing:)

If you were making that face because you believed I was saying that Sydney was the capital, then obviously you fail.

I also listed Toronto on the list, and Toronto is not a national capital either, instead I was referring to the terrorist operation that was in plan to blow up locations within the city:)

As a proud American I support all the wars we're in. I know how good American's have it, and I know the troops protecting us is much of why we have it so good. I know people from other countries who's life DREAM is to come to America, that should tell you how good we have it. We wouldnt be so fortunate without defending ourself in wars. That's why I support the military in whoever they're at war with.

I think what it really boils down to is:

The war on terror: The United States (and allies) are fighting this "war" on terrorists, in hopes that one day it will actually end terror attacks on innocent people. They're living the illusion that we may one day live in a world of peace, and want to do their part.

Protesting the war: Basically against the idea of the above cause. Many thousands of people believe that the war being fought in Afghanistan and Iraq serves a different purpose and is trying to fulfill a hidden agenda. People who are against the war are probably against losing their friends and loved ones for a cause they don't believe has been 100% justified to them. In other cases, I would imagine that people don't see how securing oil and other resources is instrumental in procuring peace in the world. There are conspiracy theorists out there that believe this war is a mask to fulfill an agenda the government has and just need a "reason" to get to Iraq/Afghanistan. It's common knowledge that The U.S. openly funded the Taliban in the 70's to fight The Soviet Union and Iran, in order to protect U.S. interests in the region. Yep... The U.S. helped train THE Osama Bin-Laden. It's also common knowledge that The U.S. helped empower Saddam Hussein as well. If you notice, it wasn't until these people decided to embark on their own agendas that the U.S. decided to step in and fix the issues they helped create by assisting these people in the first place. I'm not totally for this war either, but I by no means, support terrorism. It was an ignorant comment, to say the least, because it doesn't distinguish reasons for people being for/against the war.

I thought we'd all forgotten the disastrous war and decided to focus on the disastrous economy.

Priorities, people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back