• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

9/11 First Responders Bill Voted Down in the Senate

Did you ever stop to think that some of those people "making phone calls" and "signing checks" have worked their balls off to get there? Some even struggled immensly to acheive that priveledge? I'm not saying ever fucking millionare in America has, in fact, a good percentage probably didn't. I don't have the facts in front of me, but I once read a good number of millionares are self made. Why should their struggle to get their go unnoticed, and moreover, be penalized? There are certainly some that are struggling, especially in this economy that deserve help. But guess what? There are MANY others that sit back and wait for their check to come every month. Doing absolutely DICK to better their lot in life. There are far too many generalizations that are slapped on the rich, and the poor for that matter. That is what my major problem is.

Yep and they already have their reward by being able to sit in their offices and not have to work or worry about where their rent is going to come from. Being a self made millionaire is amazing and they should be commended for getting there. What I will not tolerate is hearing about how hard they have it because they have to pay higher taxes. They have something (and have earned it to be fair) that a lot of people would kill to have: security. They don't have to worry about where they'll stay at night or if they'll be thrown out. The VAST majority of people don't have the luxury they have and it pisses me off when they whine and complain about how hard they have it when they've probably forgotten what it means to have real troubles in that area.

Welfare abuse is a bad thing indeed, but at the same time I'd put it beneath tax dodgers on a scale of people that are annoying. That money that they are "burdened" by paying could do a lot of good in the country but because they would rather keep more money that they "earned", more people suffer and that is what is bullshit about it.

Yep and they already have their reward by being able to sit in their offices and not have to work or worry about where their rent is going to come from. Being a self made millionaire is amazing and they should be commended for getting there. What I will not tolerate is hearing about how hard they have it because they have to pay higher taxes. They have something (and have earned it to be fair) that a lot of people would kill to have: security. They don't have to worry about where they'll stay at night or if they'll be thrown out. The VAST majority of people don't have the luxury they have and it pisses me off when they whine and complain about how hard they have it when they've probably forgotten what it means to have real troubles in that area.

Welfare abuse is a bad thing indeed, but at the same time I'd put it beneath tax dodgers on a scale of people that are annoying. That money that they are "burdened" by paying could do a lot of good in the country but because they would rather keep more money that they "earned", more people suffer and that is what is bullshit about it.

Right, I don't thinke we are quite as far off on our beliefs as it may have first seemed. I don't think any of the rich folk should bitch and moan and act like it's a burden, clearly it's not. I just don't think that every problem should be solved by saying "hey look, he has a bunch of money he doesn't need, let's take it from him". I'm also of the opinion that there are some very decent, moral rich men that give freely to charity, and would give even more, if more of their money was available to them.

Right, I don't thinke we are quite as far off on our beliefs as it may have first seemed. I don't think any of the rich folk should bitch and moan and act like it's a burden, clearly it's not. I just don't think that every problem should be solved by saying "hey look, he has a bunch of money he doesn't need, let's take it from him". I'm also of the opinion that there are some very decent, moral rich men that give freely to charity, and would give even more, if more of their money was available to them.

Sure there are good rich people out there. I wouldn't argue against that. The thing is that I don't think the government taking an extra 4%, which is what the rates were when Clinton was in office (you know, before they were removed and the economy collapsed) is the end of the world like they and the GOP scream it is.

The thing about your boss is that he is assuredly in the minority of businessmen who treats his employees properly and has earned his place. The vast majority of American wealth is not self-made in this day and age, it's generational or just flat out given to people because of America's lack of civil discourse (CEO's in other countries don't get 1/20th of what CEO's here get and it's because the people would riot if they did).

Your boss may not be in the minority (which I'm fairly sure he is) but the vocal minority always has more power than I silent majority. This whole idea that the rich got were they are because of hard work is a myth, the highest paid people in this country (top 11% if I remember correctly) get paid huge sums based on riding the backs of the workers they employ (in other countries sometimes), very rarely is it based on their own abilities.

I'm not raggin' on the small business owner who built a successful million-dollar business from the ground up, I'm raggin' on the wealthy who move jobs to other countries, exploit tax loopholes that allow them to not only get tax breaks but also subsidies from the government, and abuse the free market by raising their own wages all while saying "Fuck you America, take your poor uninsured homeless kids and shove them up your ass" While driving away in their personal submarines.

Sure there are good rich people out there. I wouldn't argue against that. The thing is that I don't think the government taking an extra 4%, which is what the rates were when Clinton was in office (you know, before they were removed and the economy collapsed) is the end of the world like they and the GOP scream it is.

Of course it isn't. I'd be willing to bet those in the GOP screaming are only doing so to ensure they can still bank on certain campaign contributions next go around. The system is a broken one. The first step in fixing it, IMO, is eliminating career politicians. If you are not worried about winning election after election and pandering to your contributors, you may have some time to actually do some good, and makes some change while you are in office.

Of course it isn't. I'd be willing to bet those in the GOP screaming are only doing so to ensure they can still bank on certain campaign contributions next go around. The system is a broken one. The first step in fixing it, IMO, is eliminating career politicians. If you are not worried about winning election after election and pandering to your contributors, you may have some time to actually do some good, and makes some change while you are in office.

I like you HHH, don't pull an FTS (the last republican I liked).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back