• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

More Idiocy From Congress, This Time Including A Democrat

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is currently on the Daily Show so I'll have a link to the video of it later.

There was a bill called the Zydroga (not sure on the spelling) Bill passed in the lame duck session of Congress last December. This bill is for 9/11 first responders who got sick with various diseases including throat cancer who are in need of medical care. In short, these people are being given extra medical benefits for being heroes. Does anyone have a problem with that?

Well apparently the GOP did as they filibustered it, using it as a leverage point in getting the Bush tax cuts extended. You know, as in the same people that they used in campaign ads to get elected as they claimed to always support patriots. In other words, the GOP said that they would not allow 9/11 first responders that pulled people out of the rubble of the twin towers and got very sick from it until the richest people in this country kept tax breaks. This went through and the bill passed.

Flash forward to April. A Congressman from Florida has offered an amendment to this bill. His recommendation would slow the ability of these first responders to file claims to get their benefits. Why does the congressman want to wait? He wants to make sure that these people have been cross checked with the terrorist watch list. In other words, he wants to make sure that a person that helped victims on 9/11 weren't terrorists themselves. A democrat, the chairman of this committee, agreed.

In the words of the Miz...............REALLY???? I mean.............REALLY?????

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back