The WWE Titles will NOT be unified.

I have no problem with WWE keeping the IC and US titles seperate. Even though they are supposed to have the same prestige, IC title is clearly above the US title in terms of prestige. So you can keep both and have upper mid-carders go for the IC title and lower mid-carders go for the US title.

But when it comes to the two heavyweight championships, it is silly to have two for a few reasons:

1) 2 titles automatically lowers the value of one. So in essence you really have one champ and then the other guy.

2) With the end of the brand split, the days of each show having their own champ is not needed.

3) Allows a better divison of talent as all the guys who are in the current heavyweight title picture (Punk, Bryan, Cena, Big Show, Kane, Jericho, Sheamus, Del Rio and Ziggler) would not be needed. This would create a runoff which would increase the talent competition in the IC and US titles.

4) Gives the WWE a chance at a great storyline invovling the title unification.

I have no problem with WWE keeping the IC and US titles seperate. Even though they are supposed to have the same prestige, IC title is clearly above the US title in terms of prestige. So you can keep both and have upper mid-carders go for the IC title and lower mid-carders go for the US title.

But when it comes to the two heavyweight championships, it is silly to have two for a few reasons:

1) 2 titles automatically lowers the value of one. So in essence you really have one champ and then the other guy.

2) With the end of the brand split, the days of each show having their own champ is not needed.

3) Allows a better divison of talent as all the guys who are in the current heavyweight title picture (Punk, Bryan, Cena, Big Show, Kane, Jericho, Sheamus, Del Rio and Ziggler) would not be needed. This would create a runoff which would increase the talent competition in the IC and US titles.

4) Gives the WWE a chance at a great storyline invovling the title unification.

It totally agree. All are great points but point 4 is really strong. They could have a storyline all the way from Summer Slam to Wrestlemania (with the Unified Championship match being at Wrestlemania) involving the unification. It would be the hottest thing and hottest storyline.

this is what i can't figure out: they feel the IC title is more prestigious than the US title yet they let it sit on Santino which makes it a joke. look at the history of who has held the US title. It is just as good as the IC title. get the belt off of Santino and onto someone credible and the belt will be credible. it's simple. just imagine if you heard that they were going to give Heath Slater a 6 month run as WWE champ. would that elevate Slater or bring down the title? give the title a believable champ and the title will be believable but have a joke as the champ and the title is a joke.

You seriously need to get off of your high horse. Santino being US Champion is no different than Goldust being IC champion... people put off the IC and US titles like they have this great history of ALWAYS having great champions, and that just proves either how stupid they are or how they quickly forget... usually your wrestling maturity determines which.

The US and IC titles were always mid card titles. For Christ's sake, the longest reigning IC champion was a joke champion that only had the title because there was nobody else to put it on. The US title in WCW was treated like a joke title when Eddie and Syxx Pac were feuding for the belt... and yes, there was a time when Eddie was a joke (or at least perceived that way). Don't let your ignorance blind honesty.

Santino makes a damn good US Champion. His crowd reactions are still some of the loudest ever, his in ring work is solid, and the programs he puts on with people flow really well. Face it, Santino is about a legit US Champion as John Cena is a legit WWE Champion. The IC title is on Christian... and if WWE wants to make the IC more prestigious than the US (nothing wrong with that, they created the IC and NWA/WCW created US so nothing new there) then they're going in the right direction.

With the size of their roster and the amount of television time they have to fill every week, they need to keep from unifying titles.

When creative cannot come up with solid storylines for people (which is too often) it is easy to fall back on "pursue this belt" whether it be the IC, US, Tag, Divas or either World Title, it adds intrigue when the creative process cannot come up with the proper intrigue.

I agree that it has been REALLY bad for the last couple of years that they have slowly let the World Heavyweight Championship seem to shrink way too far away from the WWE Championship. They would be much stronger if they made it seem like ANYBODY good enough to win one, could easily be good enough to win the other, something people just didn't seem to believe with Sheamus, Daniel Bryan, Mark Henry and/or Christian.

But, as for now ... and I am glad they are not unifying them anytime soon.

AS for title changes....

1.) Tag Titles: I know WWE wants Kofi relevant but Truth isn't doing that and between Primetime Playas, Epico&Primo, Hunico&Camacho, etc. There are PLENTY of ACTUAL tag teams or ones that atleast look like a teams, that can have solid runs with the titles until Evan Bourne returns to reunite Air Boom.

Keeping the titles on Kofi & Truth could add some stability to the titles in the long run. For a long while now, the tag titles have been irrelevant and it looks as though teams have held the titles just for something to do. The fact that Kofi & Truth, Epico & Primo and the PTPs have actually been in a threeway feud for the titles is a refreshing change. I like that neither of these teams have taken the title yet. As for Kofi & Truth, they're both pretty over. They consistently get good responses from live audiences wherever they go. As for Evan Bourne, don't expect Air Boom to reunite. Bourne has really screwed up his own career and I don't look for WWE to trust him with anything for a very, very long time, if ever. It'll be something of a surprise if Bourne isn't future endeavored.

2.) Divas Title: With no Kharma returning and no reason to keep the title away from Beth, why is Layla champ?? Beth, Natalya, AJ, Eve all better options. Even a Kaitlin or Aksana would be better for a change.

One reason why Layla is Divas Champion is because she's loyal, has heart and is a hard worker. The Divas Championship is pretty worthless, as are the Divas as a whole, so it's mostly just a comment of her standing in the company than anything else. Layla is someone that's always tried her best at something. Even if whatever she's done hasn't been very good, she's always given it her best effort rather than piss & moan about it. Coming back from being off for almost a year after tearing both her ACL & MCL is impressive. I think she's tougher than most of the other Divas and they'd have hung it up if they'd have suffered such injuries. I'd have no problem with WWE putting the title on someone else, but it's not gonna happen. Beth & Natalya have already had it and it didn't really do much. Eve could be fun as a heel champion as she's much better with her current character. AJ doesn't need the title right now, it'd probably be something of a demotion for her right now as she's already the biggest female star in WWE. Kaitlyn & Aksana...yeah no, neither is anywhere near ready. Kaitlyn is coming along well but Aksana is horrible, she's better off as arm candy for Antonio Cesaro.

3.) U.S. Title: WHY ISN'T RYDER CHAMPION?!?! OR BRODUS CLAY?!? Santino lost ALL his momentum. Even Alex Riley, Jack Swagger, Sin Cara, Tyson Kidd, Tensai, Antonio Ceasro, David Otunga, etc. would ALL be better champions. I get it, he is funny and doesn't get hurt. But he is hardly over, STALE, and irrelevant. The thing I hate most is that even when Santino defends the title, it's a quick silly match that doesn't even feel like a title defense. Why not a Kidd/Tensai feud for the belt? Why not Clay or Ryder carry it for awhile and ACTUALLY do something with it?!!!!!

I agree that it's high time that WWE put the title on someone else. However, to be fair, to say that Santino isn't over is massively wrong. Santino always gets strong pops whenever he comes out. People are genuinely happy to see him, so that does count for something. The fact that he's also someone that's always done his very best at whatever he's been given by Creative has helped his spot in the company immensely. The WWE has a strong mid-card at this point in time with lots of wrestlers that show promise and could do a lot with the title. Santino's gone as far as he's going with the title in his current character.

4.) I.C. Title: I like Christian as champion but I think Damien Sandow as IC champion & a feud w/Christian would be PHENOMINAL! Could have a great, long program together! And if WWE thinks it is too soon to push Sandow, I wouldn't mind seeing The Miz(take) making a solid run at the title and maybe winning it around Summerslam/NightOfChampions.

Among the mid-card titles, the WWE has done a very solid job all in all, in my opinion, with the IC title over the course of the past year or so. I have no problem if WWE wants to keep the title on Christian for a while, he's got the ability. However, he also has an IC title match on the 1,000th episode of Raw tonight, but we don't know against who. I could see a couple of scenarios here: In one of them, he simply goes up against Cody Rhodes in another rematch. In another, I could see a brand new talent debut and challenge Christian for the purposes of making an impactful statement if nothing else. I read a few months back, when the hype for tonight's Raw was getting started, that new talent would debut on tonight's show. I don't know if that'll happen or not, but I could see Dean Ambrose making a debut and a memorable one. Even if he didn't win the title, he could still make a grand statement by giving the reigning IC champ and multiple time World Champion a competetive match. A third scenario would possibly involve Daniel Bryan. Again, no clue if this will happen but Bryan could hold a grudge against Christian as he did, somewhat, belittle Bryan & AJ's upcoming "wedding" on the Peep Show this past Friday on SD!. He could also believe that Christian set him up via his match with Kane.

5.) World Heavyweight Title: Sheamus is a HORRIBLE face. I think he needs to lose the belt to an Orton, Kane, or Mysterio (or some other established face) & go on to win it back as a heel. I would also really like to see a feud w/ CM Punk and maybe "re-ignited" feuds w/ Cena & Bryan with Sheamus as a heel. Otherwise after Del Rio, Jericho(if he sticks around), The Miz, The Big Show(which would be TERRIBLE) & an almost face Ziggler that gets cheered more than him, he has no one else to feud with as a face.

I like Sheamus better as a heel but, a horrible face? Nah, I don't see that at all. Like Santino, Sheamus consistently generates and gets a strong response. I've got no problem really with Sheamus holding the title for a while, he's shown himself to be a strong, resilient & fighting babyface champion. Just putting the title on Orton or Mysterio isn't going to do much of anything besides give two guys a title run that they don't need at the expense of an already over star. I look for Sheamus to hold the title for the rest of this year, maybe losing somewhere very, very late in 2012 and probably to Del Rio at that.

I'm happy HHH has noted he wants title reigns longer, but not REALLY long, ALL AT THE SAME TIME!!!!!! That is called stale and boring. People want to see titles change hands, just not every 40 seconds and not in 18 seconds!

I'd say some of the titles will change hands in the near future before the winners go onto have long runs. At the same time, again, I've got no real problem with most of the current champs in WWE. Establishing a sense of stability is something that several WWE titles need right now. In the past, it's not been uncommon to have 5, 6, 7 or even more title changes in a single year. Fans have gotten used to that, I think, so it'll take some time to adjust, especially if the current champion is someone that some of them are just not really into.

I think there should without a doubt be two separate mid card titles. We have a bunch of guys who can contend for them in Christian, Rhodes, McIntyre, Swagger, Ryback, Cesaro, Kingston, Truth, Sin Cara, Riley, McGillicutty, Gabriel, Slater, Santino, DiBiase, Tensai, Kidd, Ryder....Some are more deserving than others.

Id say put the IC Title in the spot it should be the #2 title. The upper mid card title for the likes of Rhodes, Christian & Kingston. US title should be used for younger guys who are working their way up in the game...

As for the unifying of the WWE & World Titles, I think they should be unified. Especially with the fact that Jericho isn't going to be around much longer, This is probably Reys last run, Henry is on his last run as is Kane, Show. Orton is 1 strike away from leaving. and Del Rio sucks. There aren't enough guys to have two main titles for. The feuds won't be fresh and with 1 title you have a lot more options. Not to mention it would improve the current state of the prestige of the title. Unify them, and bring in a new belt. Have it main event almost all PPV's unless there is a serious feud that is ending in a Hell In A Cell Match ala HBK vs. HHH at Bad Blood. Otherwise the title should main event each PPV.

I would like the titles to be unified as I hate the brand separation and obviously unification would be necessary without it. They should (re)introduce more tiers instead.

I am the biggest advocate for unifying the titles, the brand split is dead (which is a good thing), letting people go for both titles is stupid. THE IC title should be the 2nd best title and then the US title should be the third teir title.

Apparently the reason they are not being unified is because of house shows, they want to have a champion at each show when they do 2 shows at the same time. Just split the big stars equally, if John cena isn't WWE Champion then he is the attraction at the other house show, if Cena is the WWE Champion then have Punk and/or Orton at the other house show or have the IC champion headline the 2nd house show.

I think one day they will be unified and then the new title belt will be introduced, until then here's hoping.

They really should at least unify the World Heavyweight Title with the WWE Title.

I'm fine if they want to keep the IC title and US titles around. Honestly, I'd prefer they drop the US title and bring back the Hardcore title but that's never going to happen so I have to give it up, sadly.

But I think if they build up the IC title more and more and really make the 2nd tier title under the WWE title then it will work. The IC title can be a good draw. They can have top talents show that they really want to win the IC title. And the IC title has a really good history of having top talent win the title: Ultimate Warrior, Mr. Perfect, Bret Hart, etc. The IC title is a BIG DEAL and should be treated as such.

The US title right now is being treated as nothing more than a prop. The US title is like the Million Dollar Championship or the Internet Championship right now. Only one guy holds it because nobody else even cares to win it off them.

With no brand separation having a World Heavyweight Tile and a WWE Title makes them look unprofessional.

There, I said it. Hopefully Vince reads this and it makes him mad enough to do something about it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back