• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Wrestlezone Tag Team Tournament

Who Will Win the Wrestlezone Tag Team Tournament???

• The British Bulldgos

• Edge and Christian

Results are only viewable after voting.
Match 1: Sadistic Madness
Steiners vs. Chris Cross

I like this stipulation, and I like this kind of match. This is a good TNA gimmick match that I wish gets more exposure. Sure, it's a play on first blood, but those matches aren't nearly as good as they could be. Back on topic. The Steiners should win this one, they are sadistic at times. However, I wouldn't sleep on Benoit, ouch bad pun. Benoit is known to just bust himself open to bust the other guy open.

Match 2: Falls Count Anywhere
Outsiders vs. Hart Foundation:
I was all set to pick the Harts to win this match, then the stipulation fell. Say what you will about the Harts, but Neidhart is below average in the ring. There won't be a hot tag in this match to save anyone. Bret Hart is better then Nash and Hall, but Neidhart isn't. I'm leaning iwth the Outsiders.

Match 3: Tornado Match
Dudleys vs. Sting/Luger:
Another one of those matchups where I was sure of my pick, but then the stipulation fell down. Sure the Dudleys are in their environment, but their bread and butter has been taken away. No Extreme Rules, the Dudleys are in big trouble in this match. I can't believe I'm saying it, but Sting and Luger go onto the next round.

Submission Match:
E&C vs. Money Inc.
Well, Christian and IRS have never utilized a submission move as long as i've watched them. So, we essentially have the Edegactor vs. the Million Dollar Dream. The Edgecator is just a part time finisher in my eyes, and I really really think that Money Inc has a big advantage in this match. If DiBiase locks it on, and IRS can hold off the other guy, then Money Inc is moving on.

The turnout has been damn good for this round so far. So here are the results of the first four matches of spin the wheel, make the deal.

Regular Wrestling Match:
#1 The Minnesota Wrecking Crew (Gene and Ole Anderson) vs. #13 AJ Styles and Christopher Daniels

Damn, did this match ever go back and forth. Everything right about old school wrestling vs. everything right about current day tag team wrestling. A match for the ages. In the end though, the TNA fanboys hit the internet hard, and AJ Styles and Christopher Daniels knock off the overall number one seed in the tournament in what I am calling a big upset. Styles and Daniels move onto the WCW Finals.

MWC
47%
Styles/Daniels
52%

2. 2 out of 3 Falls Match: Match 1
#10 The Hardy Boys (Matt and Jeff Hardy) vs. #3 Harlem Heat (Booker T and Stevie Ray)

Harlem Heat and the Hardys. One of the Best of the 90's vs. one of the best of this Decade. This match gets off to a fast start, and honestly, the voting was one sided the entire time. The Harlem Heat take the first match of the 2 out of 3 falls with relative ease.

Hardyz
35%
Harlem Heat
64%

3. 2 out of 3 Falls Match: Match 2
The Hardy Boyz vs. Harlem Heat

This fall looked to go one way, but overnight last night, the votes turned a completely different directions. The Hardys pulled out to a big lead to start this match, but in the end, the Harlem Heat over take the Hardy Boys, and defeat Matt and Jeff in two straight falls.

The Hardys
46%
Harlem Heat
53%

4. 30 Minute Iron Man Match:
#1 Demolition (Ax and Smash) vs. #5 The Road Warriors (Hawk and Animal)

So now we turn our attention to the TNA Region. While on paper, a 30 minute Iron Man Match between Demolition and the Road Warriors sounds like a disaster, the polls showed other wise. Very close results the first night, then all of a sudden a huge hole bust open. The Road Warriors put a pretty solid beat down on Demolition and two of the number one seeds go down in the stipulation matchups.

Demolition
36%
Road Warriors
63%

5. Elimination Rules Match:
#7 The British Bulldogs (Davey Boy Smith and the Dynamite Kid) vs. #14 The Brothers of Destruction (Kane and the Undertaker)

This one had me guessing the entire time. Who would win this match. The Bulldogs, a genuine tag team with two tag team wrestlers, or the B.O.D. A team consisting of two great individual wrestlers who had decent success as a tag team. A Close matchup, but in the end, the Bulldogs have barely enough to take down the B.O.D. in another controversial matchup.

Bulldogs
56%
B.O.D.
43%

So new matches made for the Regional Finals:

WCW Finals
Steel Cage Match

AJ Styles and Christopher Daniels

01.jpg

vs.

Harlem Heat

05.jpg

TNA Finals
Ultimate X Match

The Road Warriors

32.jpg

vs.

the British Bulldogs

09.jpg

Regular Wrestling Match:
#1 The Minnesota Wrecking Crew (Gene and Ole Anderson) vs. #13 AJ Styles and Christopher Daniels

Damn, did this match ever go back and forth. Everything right about old school wrestling vs. everything right about current day tag team wrestling. A match for the ages. In the end though, the TNA fanboys hit the internet hard, and AJ Styles and Christopher Daniels knock off the overall number one seed in the tournament in what I am calling a big upset. Styles and Daniels move onto the WCW Finals.

MWC
47%
Styles/Daniels
52%

I'm so freakin' happy! What did I tell you!? AJ Styles and Christopher Daniels pull off the upset of the century against the tournament favourites, and I like to think my campaign had a big part in it. Harlem Heat might stand a better chance, but the TNA pair have a head for heights and climbing that cage and/or jumping/falling off of it won't prove problematic.

Steiners vs Chris Cross
i'm a benoit fan, but i think he busts his own head open with a flying headbutt on rick.

Outsiders vs Harts
while i agree with some people, i think this one ends up with nash kicking niedharts butt outside the ring, but brett getting the sharpshooter on hall.

Dudleys vs Sting/Luger
match goes back and forth for 10 minutes, but then the dudleys get sting outside the ring with devon sneaking back in to the pinfall on luger at the last minute.

E&C vs Money,Inc
at first i thought a conchairto on rotundo, but shockey's right. dibase with the win on christian.

LMAO, you mean to tell me that we're going to have an Ultimate X match between the Road Warriors and the Bulldogs?! None of them will be able to climb and skivvy across those ropes! God that would be hilarious to watch..

You forget about Dynamte Kid. He was a prototypical crusiweight and would shine here for his team
LMAO, you mean to tell me that we're going to have an Ultimate X match between the Road Warriors and the Bulldogs?! None of them will be able to climb and skivvy across those ropes! God that would be hilarious to watch..
Not true in the slighetest. I think you are thinking of the what was it called Destination X match with Styles and Rhino. Scaffold matches start on top and you throw someone off. Ult X you have to manuverur acorss the ropes above the ring. Nothing similiar in those 2. I think LOD is screwed 2 ways to tuesday. Harlem Heat are just glad they didnt get this one or they would have
been toast

xfear you never saw the scaffold match between road warriors and midnight express? almost the same as a "x" match.

i stand corrected michigan. but whats the difference between ropes and scaffolds. still high walking to me. by the way, i've only been watching tna for about 8 months.

i stand corrected michigan. but whats the difference between ropes and scaffolds. still high walking to me. by the way, i've only been watching tna for about 8 months.

Well, scaffold you can walk across. It's a platform. A narrow platform at that but a platform nonetheless. Ropes (as seen in Ultimate X) are just that, ring ropes hung up from four metal frames in the form of an "X". You need far more agility as you have to use your hands and, if you can manage, your legs to climb across. If Joe or Hernandez are anything to go by, this will be difficult for both teams but I think the good ol' Bulldogs have the edge.

EDIT: The scaffold match, at least in TNA, is called Elevation X. It's perfectly designed for AJ Styles to job off of, goddamnit!

WCW Finals
Steel Cage Match

AJ Styles and Christopher Daniels vs. Harlem Heat

Winners: Harlem Heat are a great tag team and they're definitely equipped to take the punishment this match is sure to give. However, Daniels and Styles are no sissies, and both members have experience being busted open inside a steel cage. Remember AJ Styles vs. Abyss? Or Triple X vs. AMW? Or even Styles/Daniels vs. LAX? Then the factor of heights come in and it's clear the TNA Twosome have the edge there. They've fallen off more tall objects than Jeff Hardy at WrestleMania (except with a bit more style and grace) and shouldn't have much of a problem getting up after being dashed down from the top. Their superior agility also makes them better cage-climbers and, once you look at the stats, I think TNA is set to survive even after their ride through WCW and WCW's new favourites.

TNA Finals
Ultimate X Match

The Road Warriors vs. The British Bulldogs

Winners: Alright, The Road Warriors have had their fun but there's no denying the Bulldogs are the better team here. Their wrestling skills are far superior. Then again, you may argue that this match is not about wrestling skill. In that case, the Bulldogs easily have the agility and the ring strategy that is neccesary to pull this off.​

What the hell are you guys talking about? An Ultimate X match is NOTHING like a freakin scaffold match, have you ever even seen the two? In a scaffold match you wrestle on top of a platform and the first one to throw the other off wins. In an Ultimate X match there are two long ring ropes above the ring forming an X over the ring, with a title belt or other prize in the center of that X. To get the prize you have to skivvy across the ropes.

It's a match designed for lightweights/X-Division guys. Four big ass muscled guys are in this match. Should be ugly. The only one who will know how to do anything is Dynamite Kid.

The final set of round 4 results are in. Well The Steiners are the team to finally put an end to the madness known as Chris Jericho and Chris Benoit. The Steiners put a pretty solid beat down on this team, and move onto the WWE finals.

Steiners
74%
Chris ^2
26%

2. Match Stipulation: Falls Count Anywhere
#2 The Outsiders (Scott Hall and Kevin Nash) vs. #3 The Hart Foundation (Bret Hart and Jim Neidhart)

I'm calling this one a mild upset. The Hart take advantage and come back, after being destroyed thru the first day of voting. Something tells mes omeone is screwing with the voting, because it was a big deficit to comeback rom.

Outsiders
47%
Hart Foundation
52%

3. Match Stipulation: Texas Tornado Match
#1: The Dudley Boys (Bubba Ray and D-Von Dudley) vs. #13 Sting and Lex Luger

Another match that real early looked to go one way, but the votes swayed heavily throughout the last 24 hours and took a different route. The Dudleys survive a close scare, and move onto the ECW Finals.

Dudleys
57%
Sting/Luger
42%

4. Match Stipulation: Submission Match

#7 Edge and Christian vs. #3 Money Inc. (Ted DiBiase and I.R.S)

Edge and Christian put a pretty good beat down on Money inc with a farily impressive 66%, considering one member of the team has never utilized a submission finisher, that's fairly impressive.

Edge and Christian
66%
Money Inc
34%

So we can take a look at the 8 final teams that Wrestlezone has decided best represent the last 35 years of tag team wrestling.

TNA: AJ Styles and Christopher Daniels

AWA: The Road Warriors

NWA: The Steiner Brothers

WWF: Edge and Christian, The Hart Foundation, The British Bulldogs

ECW: The Dudley Boys

WCW: Harlem Heat

Considering the WWF/E is the only company to have survived the entire duration of 35 years, I think this is a pretty fair breakdown as far as different companies being represented. You have no 70's teams, 4 teams considered to be 80's teams, 2 90's teams, and 2 new Millenium teams, that's not to bad either.

So now onto todays matchups. The Regional Finals.

WCW Regional Final.
Steel Cage Match. Pinfall, Submission, or Escape (Both contestants on a team must escape).

TNA Regional Finals.
Ultimate X Match.
The Road Warriors vs. the British Bulldogs

WWE Regional Finals.
T.L.C. Match.
The Steiner Brothers vs. the Hart Foundation

ECW Regional Finals.
Tables Match (Both contestants must be driven consecutively thru tables with offensive maneuvers. Edge putting himself thru a table does not constitute an elimination).

The Dudley Boys vs. Edge and Christian.

The poll is now open, it will close on Friday, August 17th at 6pm ET.

WCW Regional Final.
Steel Cage Match. Pinfall, Submission, or Escape (Both contestants on a team must escape).

Like I said before, I honestly think TNA's finest are better suited to the heights and punishment of the cage. More so, as they're usually used to six sides of ass kicking.

TNA Regional Finals.
Ultimate X Match.

Bulldogs are the only slightly agile team in this one, as well as being the better overall anyway. A simple win.

WWE Regional Finals.
T.L.C. Match.

The Steiner surprised me at Hard Justice by proving they still had a spark. The Hart Foundation will be consumed by the raging flame that was, and will find themselves sharing a hospital bed, the big sissies.

ECW Regional Finals.
Tables Match (Both contestants must be driven consecutively thru tables with offensive maneuvers. Edge putting himself thru a table does not constitute an elimination).

E & C are my pick to win. OK, so the Dudleys specialty are Tables matches. Or rather, that's all they're remotely good at. Don't be fooled, anyone can be put through a table. There's a reason Edge and Christian have gone beyond their humble, although awesome, tag team beginnings. And there's a reason that the Dudleys haven't. Quite simply, one (E & C) have gallons of talent and the other (Dudleys) only exhibit a certain degree of skill in hardcore surroundings. E & C for the win.​

This tournament has gone great again.I'm looking forward to seeing the tables match.That's the Dudleys territory and I'm pulling for E&C to win this thing.

WCW Regional Final.

Ah , lets see this match isnt hard to decide aj and daniels wins this by alot , they have exp in cage matches and im a tna fan so they get my vote

TNA Regional Finals.
Ultimate X Match.

Well in my mind neither team would fair good in this match , but im going with my gut and say Road Warriors pull off the win close win

WWE Regional Finals.
T.L.C. Match.

humm this one is very interesting both teams are good, but bret hart has exp in ladder match so he knows what it takes so i see Hart Foundation pulling the upset

ECW Regional Finals.

I see this one being the closest vote in the round you have 2 teams that have had many great classical matches like this but the "edge" and the match goes to E&C

WCW Regional Final.

While AJ and Daniels have more experience in the cage it is WCW territory and Harlem Heat is amazing.They pull off a close win.

Regional Finals.
Ultimate X Match.

This is not a match for either team but Bulldogs are slightly more agile than the Warriors so I see this being the end of the Warriors run.

WWE Regional Finals.
T.L.C. Match.

Ive never seen Steiners in a ladder match but Bret has some experience so they pull off the win.

ECW Regional Finals.

This is going to be the closest results in the tournament in my opinion but Edge and Christian will somehow pull off the win in the Dudleys specialty.

How many times do I have to say this? A table match is not a speciality. Anyone can put anyone else through a table. It just so happens that people think 3D are good at it because they do it a lot. That's just to cover up for their severe lack of talent. Their whole careers, they've never been especially good, their gimmick was shit, they've just been in the right place at the right time. The only reason WWE signed them is because they were big in the bingo hall. They had a couple of good gimmick matches, won the titles more than their fair share of times, got stale, got fired. What does every stale, uncontracted WWE talent do? Go to TNA and win whatever title they want when they want of course!

As for Harlem Heat having an advantage because they're in WCW territory. They may get hyped up, but that's just likely to make them do something stupid. Styles and Daniels are always the underdogs, they'll thrive in this environment.

ok so check it out

WCW Regional Final.

Harlem heat is strong and fast as opposed to the just fast techniques of styles and daniels. 10 minutes in a cage with booker and stevie would destroy the tiny bodies of the other two. Unless styles and daniels could jump outa the cage while heats not paying attention, TNA is gettin a beat down.

TNA Regional Finals.
Ultimate X Match.

neither would know what to do in this match, however the bulldogs can move a lot better than the road warriors... i cant even see animal or hawk climbing that rope. Gotta give it to the bulldogs *although i think LOD is in the top 3 teams of all time, and bulldogs r not)

WWE Regional Finals.
T.L.C. Match.

theres no way the hard foundation loses this match, they have superior teamwork, and bret does have the only experience in ladder matches. HEs also the best wrestler of the bunch, smartest too. With his brains and anvils braun, they take out the steiners only braun. plus, bret has shown wat he can do when there r no rules, ask stone cold.

ECW Regional Finals.

The dudleys favroite match means nothing to me when they r up against E & C. E&C have proven in the two biggest TLC matches that they r the best. I know theres no ladder to climb but edge knows how to use a table, plus i could see the two little bastards finishing off the dudleys with their own finishing move... and theres still a good chance wed see chairs and ladders come into play anyway.

WCW Region
I think Harlem Heat is the better team but the stip is just what the TNA Boys needed. This is Steamboat vs Big Show all over again. The best person(team) doesn't win. However that is what makes this touranment what it is. A great one. I have to go with the TNA Boys! I can't see Stevie climbing over in less than five minutes and he doesn't. I know you can get a pinfall but the speed will escape before a pinfall. Would not hurt my feelings if I'm wrong though.
TNA
Talk about a tradegy of justice. Take two great tag teams and put them in a Ultimate X match. Neither of these teams are very agile but I have seen Hawk do some moving around with other tag team partners and in singles matches. I beleive Animal can help keep the Bulldogs at Bay long enough for Hawk to make the climb. It'll take about three minutes but soon enough he will get there. Road Warriors advance.
WWF
I'm going with the Steiners with them. I see Bret Hart going up the ladder and the old school Scott bounces up the ladder with a suplex of Hart while Rick keeps Neihardt at bay and Scott graps the price. Steiners advance
ECW
Talk about having the best of both worlds. Dudley's in there territory and in there favorite match. I think if this had been a TLC match I would go with E&C but in a straight tables match I go with the Dudley's. Take care and God Bless!

Here are Results from the Regional Finals:

1. WCW Regional Final.

A match that would probably be a ton of fun to watch. I see it going this way. Styles and Daniels clearly have the speed advantage in this match. That is all well and good, but you would both have to escape the cage at the same time. i see one of them making a quick and early exit, which would leave the other to be destroyed by Harlem heat in the ring. Remember, pinfalls count too in this match, and one man against Harlem Heat simply is just outmatched. Harlem Heat pull out the victory, and are the WCW Region Champions.

AJ Styles and Christopher Daniels
43%
Harlem Heat
56%

2. TNA Regional Finals.
Ultimate X Match.

Honestly, there is no way in hell this match would come off as good in the slightest bit. There are probably only two guys in this match capable of grabbing the X, Hawk and Dynamite. This is a match between just two big, muscle upped drug abusing tag teams. In the end though, by the slightest of margins, the TNA Regional Championship belongs to the British Bulldogs.

The Road Warriors
49%
The British Bulldogs
50%

3. WWE Regional Finals.
T.L.C. Match.

This became a match where people felt the answer was obvious. However, due to a major differential in votes turned in for this match, I have to do something I don't want to do. The Hart Foundation wins, but I have a feeling this vote was messed with.

The Steiner Brothers
36%
The Hart Foundation
63%

4. ECW Regional Finals.

In the ECW Regional Final, in the ECW Arena, and in a match that Dudley boys are known for, did Edge and Christian have a realistic chance? Well the answer really kinda shocked me. Not only do Edge and Christian win this match, but Edge and Christian just destroy the Dudley Boys in their own ballpark. Edge and Christian advance to the finals.

The Dudleys
33%
Edge and Christian
66%

Now, I am going to create two new threads for the semi final matchups. I hate to do it that way, but there was a large discrepency in the numbers of the Hart/Steiner match compared to the others. I noticed it in the last match involving the Hart Foundation as well, and I'm pretty sure someone is tampering with the outcome of the Hart Foundation matchups. I'm not saying it can't be legit, but there is a pretty considerable amount of voting difference in their matches compared to the others. I wouldn't be worried about it, except the fact that all of the matches should have an equal amount of votes received for it, which hasn't been the case the last two times the Hart Foundation has been involved in a match.

So, I will merge the other two matches into here once the results are finished. You can discuss the overall tournament in here if you like, but in the end, discussion from the other two matches will come into this thread. So however you wish, continue posting in here, or in the individual matchups thread.

*Looks at Styles and Daniels' crumpled, little bodies* Oh God, I think I'm going to be sick. TNA is gone from the tournament and AJ Styles has got a broken neck. I couldn't care less about Daniels quite frankly. *Kicks Daniels' lifeless body in the head*

But hey, Edge and Christian defeated The Dudley Boys in ECW in a Tables match with two thirds of the vote. Incredible. I'm proud to think a lot of that came down to my meddling. And the Bulldogs are still in it. Hallelujah! Britain lives!

Due to issues caused with the voting of the last several rounds, I have decided to make the voting public and keep it on the forums. I want a clean winner to be determined in this tournament.

The Following Match takes place in East Rutherford, New Jersey, and is conducted under basic WWE Rules.

WCW Regional Champion
Harlem Heat
Stevie Ray and Booker T

harlemheat.jpg

vs.​

TNA Regional Champion
The British Bulldogs
The Dynamite Kid and the British Bulldog
British_Bulldogs.jpg

This Poll will close on Tuesday, August 21st at whatever time Wrestlezone decides to close there polls. This thread will be merged into the Wrestlezone Tag Team Tournament thread after wards. You may post in this thread, or the tournament thread, it's your choice.

There is no poll to vote in. And, if you feel the Steiners were unfairly outed, just make the next match a Triple Threat, including Steiners, Harts, and whoever their opponents are.

The Poll should be up now, it takes a few seconds for the two to both come on. Well it kinda sucks to, because the Outsiders were dominating the Harts in the results, and about 5 hours before that matches results were due, it had flip flopped considerably as well. I wanted to check and just make sure, but it happened again this round, and it only involved the matches with the Hart Foundation in it. So I'm starting to think that the Outsiders wouldn't ahve beat the Harts two rounds ago, so I'm stuck in a dilemna here.

My signature says it all. With no exceptional stipulation and in WWE territory, the Bulldogs will eat WCW's winners for breakfast. They're not only a great tag team with great all-round skill, but two great wrestling individuals as well. They deserve this. Honestly though, I'm surprised I'm not deciding between The Road Warriors and Harlem Heat. Even though I like it this way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back