The worst kind of Liberal

jmt225

Global Moderator
Self-hating whites.

[YOUTUBE]4vDPDNPhlvM[/YOUTUBE]

I usually find Bill Maher humorous and enjoy his program on HBO, but his ending rant on this past week's episode was flat-out ridiculous. If it was just a way to troll Republicans, then I wouldn't mind it so much, but you see more and more people with these smug, white guilt liberal opinions and they're dead serious. I really don't understand it.

I saw absolutely nothing wrong with it on Friday, nor do I now. I think he's pretty spot on.

He's generalizing everyone who didn't vote for Obama as racist. Do you really think that's the case? Only 39% of white people voted for Obama... what's the percentage of blacks who voted for Romney? Doesn't matter, nor should this. It's just the liberal media trying to cause a stir between races where white people look evil. I don't get the point of it.

He's generalizing everyone who didn't vote for Obama as racist. Do you really think that's the case?

That's a pretty big reach there.

Only 39% of white people voted for Obama... what's the percentage of blacks who voted for Romney? Doesn't matter, nor should this. It's just the liberal media trying to cause a stir between races where white people look evil. I don't get the point of it.

Did you not catch that he was being ironic? His whole position was a satire of the right wing pundits who consistently say the same things about blacks voting for Obama, insinuating "reverse racism" or whatever they call it.

Did you not catch that he was being ironic? His whole position was a satire of the right wing pundits who consistently say the same things about blacks voting for Obama, insinuating "reverse racism" or whatever they call it.

I mentioned in my original post that if I thought he was just trolling Republicans then I'd be all for it, but I've seen too much of Bill Maher and heard too much similar talk from him and other self-hating white liberals to think that's the case.

But if you're right and that's truly his stance, then obviously I change my opinion on the video. However, for now I don't think that was his intention.

He's generalizing everyone who didn't vote for Obama as racist. Do you really think that's the case? Only 39% of white people voted for Obama... what's the percentage of blacks who voted for Romney? Doesn't matter, nor should this. It's just the liberal media trying to cause a stir between races where white people look evil. I don't get the point of it.

Because your wrong in your assumption. Pissing off white people is the last thing any business wants to do in the US, including the media that gets paid in advertising dollars.

White people have enormous amounts of purchasing power in the US. It is in no businesses best interest to do things to piss us off.

Because your wrong in your assumption. Pissing off white people is the last thing any business wants to do in the US, including the media that gets paid in advertising dollars.

White people have enormous amounts of purchasing power in the US. It is in no businesses best interest to do things to piss us off.

Explain Trayvon Martin then? Explain the lack of black-on-white violence the media reports on, despite it being at an all-time high? Imagine if McCain won the 2008 election and the black unemployment rate raised up 7 percentage points like it did during Obama's term... the media would have eaten McCain alive for that during his re-election campaign.

The fact is, the media coverage does what they do because it creates drama and whites will watch, but no one will cause an uproar over it like the other races would.

I love to be seen agreeing with you here, jmt, but I think you're off base. He's playing off the fact that white people voted in overwhelming numbers for Romney (which they did, and he's not exaggerating at all) and playing off of silly white stereotypes, some of which are funny, some of which are old and tired. Either way, I don't think he's a self-loathing white, he's just making jokes.

I actually see where JMT is coming from, history of some past and recent things makes me get why he felt this way. Of course Maher ignoring purposely the great things Whites have done in favor of the silly and failing to mention that a lot of Hispanics are White should send up red flags about his intentions.

But the part about him playing off White people not voting for Obama as racists...Yeah, you got it right JMT as I have seen countless Liberals do exactly that. Neither side is entirely right or wrong.

Of course I hate Bill Maher so he can suck a dick.

While I think jmt is failing to grasp Maher's jokes on white stereotypes and mocking of stations like Fox News and the Republican strategists and experts on other stations making claims like "Obama only won because of black people" or "The minority vote killed Republican presidential hopes", I know the type of person he is referring to and they do bug me. I'm about as far left as you can get without being a violent radical, but I don't think anyone should feel guilty because of their race for two big reasons. 1) You don't pick your race, it's pure coincidence.
2) Yeah white people have done some fucked up shit throughout history, but you can't blame the white race as a whole for the things some assholes like Hitler, or Catholic priests, or John Wayne Gacey, or Colombus did. I don't expect every black person to apologize for Soulja Boy.

He is just poking fun though. For the first time in US history, white people made up less than 75% of voters. Those whites still overwhelmingly voted for Mitt. One of the most common jokes made toward me by my minority friends is asking me "How I plan to run the world today?" It's just one of those stereotype jokes. Another reason I believe he said what he did is because Samuel Jackson was on the panel, and a little while back Jackson made comments about how he voted for Obama because he looked like him.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2100210/Samuel-L-Jackson-I-Voted-Obama-hes-black.html

Then he just made more stereotype jokes. Like the quip about everything white people do going out of style. That is a pretty common joke, that whites only pick up on trends after other races have just about ended them. Plus did you see how James Carville was dressed?

I agree with jmt, white people who feel like they need to apologize for shit they didn't do that other white people did annoy the piss out of me. I had a professor in college who tried to get us to write essays apologizing for slavery. I said fuck that, not because I'm pro slavery, but I'm Dutch and Irish, my family has only been in America a little over a hundred years. I know for a fact that no one in my family was responsible for slavery in the US. If you want to get into it, the Irish side of my family was part of the immigrant population that was discriminated against in the late 1800s and early 1900s and my Dutch family(those they made it)fled to America to escape Nazi persecution. I don't feel anyone owes me an apology, then again they were white so they probably deserved it.

It is Bill Maher though, the same guy who mocked Buddhism. He found a way to mock Buddhists, he will make fun of everything.

I don't think anyone should feel guilty because of their race for two big reasons. 1) You don't pick your race, it's pure coincidence.
2) Yeah white people have done some fucked up shit throughout history, but you can't blame the white race as a whole for the things some assholes like Hitler, or Catholic priests, or John Wayne Gacey, or Colombus did. I don't expect every black person to apologize for Soulja Boy.
This. Should every Asian apologize for what Japan did during WW2? Every race has done fucked up stuff.

I agree with jmt, white people who feel like they need to apologize for shit they didn't do that other white people did annoy the piss out of me.
What is also annoying is the ones who try to force that on others. You feel guilty? Fine, fuck off and be stupid...Just leave your feelings of unjustified guilt to yourself.

I had a professor in college who tried to get us to write essays apologizing for slavery. I said fuck that

You deserve green rep for this.

not because I'm pro slavery, but I'm Dutch and Irish, my family has only been in America a little over a hundred years. I know for a fact that no one in my family was responsible for slavery in the US.
My great grand mother's grand parents were slaves..And you don't don't owe me shit. Nobody does. I am a decedent of slaves and I don't give a fuck and neither should anybody else.

If you want to get into it, the Irish side of my family was part of the immigrant population that was discriminated against in the late 1800s and early 1900s and my Dutch family(those they made it)fled to America to escape Nazi persecution.
I am part Irish too. I am Black, Irish and a little Native American. Pretty much a massive mutt.

then again they were white so they probably deserved it.
What?

Your country's prosperity, your high standard of living and the rights and freedoms you enjoy are all because of the exploitation and crippling of other races and nations throughout history. I don't think "white guilt" is an entirely irrational response.

You think every White person who didn't vote for Obama is a racist?

I think most if not all white people (make that all people) are racist. The degrees vary but our ability to remember, differentiate, and judge and makes it near impossible to not hold biases.

It doesn't mean we all go around discriminating, it just means we all take race in to account in our judgement of people. Along with gender, build, height, language etc.

Explain Trayvon Martin then?

I can't. No one is entirely clear what happened that night. A kid was shot and the reasoning was unclear but it lead to what felt like a hesitated investigation and defense using a controversial Stand Your Ground Law.

The kind of thing that keeps Americans interested in a story. It was not an attack on white people of whatever you are trying to get with your question.

Explain the lack of black-on-white violence the media reports on, despite it being at an all-time high?

Please show me the statistics. From what I can tell, crime jumped in 2011 but was still the lowest in the last 20 years.

I'm not calling you a liar but I am calling whoever fed you that information a liar.

Imagine if McCain won the 2008 election and the black unemployment rate raised up 7 percentage points like it did during Obama's term... the media would have eaten McCain alive for that during his re-election campaign.

Nice speculation but that hardly makes it fact. The president's handling of the economy has been well reported on. The shithole we are in is very well known. To blame it all on the president would be irresponsible and short sided.

The fact is, the media coverage does what they do because it creates drama and whites will watch, but no one will cause an uproar over it like the other races would.

I find that the media criticizing each other and name calling creates drama and gets people to watch, kind of like professional wrestling. We've gone from being Vince's marks to being Fox's marks.

There are a lot of things about white people that you don't even know oppresses people of other races. It'll come out in time, but you really shouldn't act surprised when people hold the opinion that a jarring majority of white people in this country are still racist.

Your country's prosperity, your high standard of living and the rights and freedoms you enjoy are all because of the exploitation and crippling of other races and nations throughout history. I don't think "white guilt" is an entirely irrational response.
Coming from a European. Thanks for enslaving and butchering my people for centuries btw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back