• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The World Has 5 World Champions

PlayTheGame

The Cerebral Assassin
Right now, according to Wikipedia, there are five recognized world champions:

NWA World Heavyweight Champion- Adam Pearce

ROH World Heavyweight Champion- Davey Richards

TNA World Heavyweight Champion- Bobby Roode

World Heavyweight Champion- Daniel Bryan

WWE Champion- CM Punk

First off, look at all the star-power representing the world of pro wrestling! Wowieee! Anyway, it's funny how 5 different guys are ALL champions of the world. If there's one world, shouldn't there be ONE champion of it?

..... I smell a battle royal.

Didn't you watch Lost? Some of the World Champions are from [spoiler alert] different times while others are from a place you created for yourself until you are ready to reach your final destination. Find Jacob, he'll explain it. Or not.

The smaller promotions are kinda dumb in naming their champ "world champ". There's nothing wrong with calling them the NWA Champion and ROH Champion. Omitting the word "world".

And the TNA Champ should just be known as the TNA Champion.

To qualify as a World champ the belt must be defended on 3 or 4 different continents within a Calender year. At least I think that is the way that it is defined

To qualify as a World champ the belt must be defended on 3 or 4 different continents within a Calender year. At least I think that is the way that it is defined

Do Ring of Honor do that? I didnt realise they went abroad that often.

Does none of the Japanese promotions qualify for this either?

I would love to see a Tournament with these 5 Wrestlers.

World Champion, Daniel Bryan vs. NWA Champion, Adam Pearce
TNA Champion, Bobby Roode vs. ROH Champion, Davey Richards

The winner of these two matches will then move on to a Triple Threat match against CM Punk for the Undisputed Champion of Champions Title. I’d go with CM Punk vs. Daniel Bryan vs. Bobby Roode.

Or we could go with a one hour Championship Scramble match or an Fatal 5 Way Elimination match.

By definition, isn't the Intercontinental Champion a World Champion? Or is it because Intercontinental doesn't include water? Cody Rhodes is the champion of a lot of land, but these World Champions have claim to the ultimate source of life? Bullshit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back