The Ultimate Fighter Season 12: "I Don't Like Losing, Especially to a French Guy!"

INDYjon22

Nome is where your heart is
tuf_12.jpg

The new season of The Ultimate Fighter started up tonight. As usual, we got to meet all of the fighters and see how they would fair. After the dust settled 14 men were left, I think that is correct. A lot of the fights were pretty solid and there were some very gutsy performances to get in the house. The preview for the rest of the season was far more interesting however. The fighters appear to have never seen the show before from some of the antics shown and it will be interesting to see what transpires between Josh Koscheck and George St-Pierre. The preview already showed an interesting altercation between Kos and a man who appeared to be an assistant coach for GSP. This season should be very fun. Discuss your thoughts and opinions on the premier and on the season as a whole as it unfolds in here.

Well like it was said in the LD the preview of the TUF 12 already puts TUF 11 to shame. There were some pretty good qualifying fights tonight. What a way to open the show with that 13 second knock out!! Alex "Bruce Leroy" Caceres looks to be this years Jamie Yager except a bit goofier. I found it funny when GSP predicted that McKenzie was gonna win by guillotine, and he did, found it even funnier when he crossed out Lentz's picture before he fought and Lentz beat the shit out of Head, then to have Kos tell Lentz that GSP crossed out his picture before the fight. A few others were also impressive. Overall this looks like it will be a really good season far better than the last two seasons, between the competition and the stuff during the show.

Excellent show last night.

The editing of the show was superb. There's no need to watch those "fights to get into the house" in their entirety, unless they're short. Last night TUF only showed the good stuff from each fight, and it was a highly enjoyable experience to sit through it.

And man... there looks to be some fun, interesting fighters this season. The Bruce Leroy guy, the Native American with the Mo-Hawk, and the Jesus looking dude from Alaska all look like they're going to steal the season.

Also, the preview for this season made it out to be spectacular. Even when Koscheck was acting like a nice coach throughout the first episode, there's still just something about him that makes me hate his guts. And in the previews... we obviously see that other side of him that made me feel like that about him in the first place, and while I truly cannot stand the guy, it's fun to watch someone who can get that kind of emotion out of me. In pro wrestling the heels are supposed to make you want to watch so you can see them get their ass beat, and that explains how I feel about Koscheck to a T for me. I'm going to highly enjoy watching him talk shit, and tale more shit for 12 episodes straight, only for him to get his fucking ass handed to him by GSP come December.

I just cannot wait to see the exchanges between GSP and Josh Koscheck. GSP is always you know the classy, professional type, i want to see him break character a bit and lash out. But that is wishful thinking.
But this season looks very solid, and there looks to be many weird and wonderful egos and personalities. Strap yourselves in boys. (I Hope)

This episode was a little weak, nothing really happened other than the teams being picked and the first fight. GSP tried a little trickery on Koscheck by making a fake list of fighters he wanted to select with Koscheck's boy Stevens at the top of his list. So Koscheck takes the bait, and takes Stevens first leaving the guy GSP wanted Michael Johnson for him to take. Tell you what Team GSP has the edge for training with having Greg Jackson in their corner. I also think we need subtitles for when GSP talks.

For the first fight we have Alex "Bruce Leroy" Caceres vs. Jeff Lentz. Fight started off with Bruce Leroy throwing some kicks, lands a decent one that stumbles Lentz a little but no real damage. Then the round was pretty much just Lentz pinning him up against the cage, Lentz goes for a takedown but Leroy jumps into a high guillotine but can't secure it. A bit more grappling standing up before Herb Dean breaks it up, Lentz lands a nice little punch after throwing a few wild ones that stumbles Leroy a little bit, then throws him down to end the round. As they're in the corners Lentz yells "I got You" or something to that extent. Also beautiful camera shots of Arianny's tits during end of round work.

Second round starts, they both go for some leg kicks but nothing connects. Lentz continues to go for some wild ass punches trying to knock out Leroy with one punch. Leroy gets him on the ground, but Lentz gets top position. Leroy works for a triangle secures it, Lentz is able to powerbomb him, Leroy hangs on as Lentz taps after a few more seconds.

I was glad to see Lentz lose he just started coming off like a cocky asshole. He said before the fight that he wanted to hurt Bruce Leroy and make him not want to fight again, well it was this mindset that lost him the fight, looking to end it with those wild punches. Leroy will be fine once he hones his skills some more, has a lot of talent, just needs to keep working to get better.

It was pretty slick of GSP to bring out the fake roster. I give him some props for that, and have to say shame on Kos for buying into it. However, my opinion of GSP is lowering with every episode, I really am being to dislike the guy and I am sure the only reason is because he is up against Kos. That and he comes across as a pompous ass, in my humble opinion of course.

As for the fight. I thought Lentz was doing great, and was definitely winning the fight. However, he got sloppy as shit and tried to try a judo throw that he obviously didn't know very well. Alex took advantage and caught him in a nice triangle. Very fun fight from where I sit and I thought both guys looked decent. That said, Leroy will need to work on his overall game if he truly expects to win this thing. He was getting beat up on the feet and that was supposed to be his bread and butter, luckily he showed a ground game which makes me see the upside of him.

Next weeks episode looked interesting. At the very least I am interested to see what Mike Tyson will do on the episode and am obviously interested in who will fight next.

Another good episode last night.

I loved that GSP has already made Koscheck look like an absolute fool with that trick he played in picking the fighters. Kos fell right for it, even when Dana pretty much made it obvious that GSP was pulling something. Kos, already, has looked like an idiot, and I loved it. I won't be surprised if it happens quite often this season.

Jeff Lentz vs. Bruce Leroy was a great fight. Started off slow with all the holding against the cage, but man in that final minute of the first round did they go at it. And it ended with an absolutely beautiful takedown from Lentz. Great stuff.

The 2nd Round they both came out and went right at it, with Lentz getting the advantage in pretty much every aspect. He winded up on top of Leroy, but out of nowhere, ala Silva vs. Sonnen, Leroy pulled a triangle out of his ass and made Lentz tap out, who earlier in the show bragged that he would never tap out under any circumstance.

Like I said... very good episode. Better than pretty much every episode from last season combined. Looking forward to next week...

Lol Indy how the hell can you not like GSP? The guys a class fucking act, and is the first coach to actually have me laughing. When he did that raise the roof thing after he made Kos fall for the trick I fucking lost it. I don't know what it is about the guy but I just love him. He is becoming one of my absolute favorite fighters.

As for the episode I thought it was great. Of course the first episode won't have much to it because most of the time is spent picking teams. The fight was outstanding. Bruce Leeroy is awesome. The kid has such a good attitude, and I love how he smiles during everything even in the fight. Serves Lentz's cocky ass right for absolutely underestimating Bruce, and saying how he would never tap. He tapped for dear fucking life there. This season is already better than the last one just from the fights to get into the house, and this fight.

I've never been so excited for a season of TUF as I am right now. At least not since season 3 with Shamrock / Ortiz. My wife and I (she's a big MMA fan too...I know it's awesome) were glued to the set.

I love Josh Koscheck and am rooting for him almost 100%. I like GSP a great deal.

But last night, I was 100% behind Bruce Leroy over Lentz, and I wasn't disappointed.

Bruce Leroy, the first two episodes, came off as a fun, happy, classy guy. Now while the 'preview' of next week's epsiode may paint a different picture, I went off what I knew. Lentz is your basic annoying South Jersey trash. At least that's now he came off. He was smoking at almost every turn, has his silly bright bleach hair with dark goatee, and just a general attitude. Leroy, on the other hand, was funny, relaxed, and generally more likable.

So when the triangle was happening, I was pretty thrilled.

GSP outsmarting Kos doesn't bode well with me. Don't get me wrong - it's brilliant - but that was a fairly simple idea and Kos fell for it like a chump. Wrestlers aren't dumb, dammit. D-Man can back me up on this one...

My friend is a HUGE GSP fan, always talks about how she's going to marry him and all that (but she's a legit MMA fan, no worries). This friend was the one who got me back into UFC, and I started with UFC 100. GSP, because of his ability, class, and my friend's love, has been growing on me more and more and more.

Josh Koscheck is a fucking prick. I watched the first season of TUF on DVD, and there is not a single person in MMA I dislike more. I'm hoping if GSP has a chance, he rips Koscheck's arm right out of socket.

With that said, watching GSP completely trickfuck Koscheck last night had me ROLLING! I could not believe Koscheck fell for it. Serves him right, the little bitch, for trying to cheat and steal GSP's pick.

I hope GSP's team goes undefeated this season, and Koscheck makes a big ass of himself. As far as the fight goes, if the Bruce Leroy hadn't slapped on the triangle, he would have lost. But, kudos to him.

And I can't wait for next week's show. Like IC25 said, this season looks pretty awesome.
I also think we need subtitles for when GSP talks.
I second this.

Josh Koscheck is a fucking prick. I watched the first season of TUF on DVD, and there is not a single person in MMA I dislike more. I'm hoping if GSP has a chance, he rips Koscheck's arm right out of socket.

People actually say that Kos has gotten much more mature and better since TUF 1, he's not as much of an ass anymore. Personally, I like him as a fighter, don't pay attention to him outside the octagon nor do I care about his antics. Although I do think too many fighters have lost respect for the game.

Now on to the point, this season looks great. I've spotted a few guys I like, some guys I think have definite potential, and then there's the guys I don't think stand a fucking chance. GSP will definitely outclass Kos as a coach, and as a fighter. I've never thought Kos had the tools to deal with GSP, my opinion hasn't changed at all. He COULD always get lucky like Matt Serra, but I doubt it. Oughta be a great season of coaching, I wanna see if they'll get into it big time at any point. I've always loved seasons where the coaches can't stand each other.

Another decent episode tonight. Starts with Leroy boosting about his fight with Lentz. Someone says their surprised that gives Lentz props for not stabbing Leroy in the eye with a fork for not shutting up. GSP brings in another coach to help with his team's wrestling skills. Koscheck gives his team a little speach to get them refocused, as they were slacking in the gym. The fight is picked and its Michael Johnson vs. Aaron Wilkinson. Koscheck and his team pull a prank on GSP by blocking his car in from both sides so he cannot get out, but GSP just laughs and squeezes through the passenger door. GSP asked Dana for Mike Tyson to make an appearance, which he does. In Team GSP's locker room Tyson is shaking hands with everyone, GSP says he remembers playing Punch Out. Next the fight,

Round 1 - Johnson started off strong landing some nice punches, scores a takedown but Wilkinson gets up. More punches by the both of them. Johnson scores another takedown but Wilkinson gets right back up. Wilkinson gets a takedown of his own, in half guard starts to land some punches, then switches to full guard and starts unloading with some elbows to close the round.

Round 2 - Johnson starts with a nice shot to Wilkinson, pushes him against the cage where Johnson lands a double leg takedown. Wilkinson gets back up and gets a takedown of his own, starts with the elbows again, but Johnson this time reverses and starts to land elbows himself instead of not doing anything like the first round. Wilkinson gets back up and they start to trade punches with nothing really landing. Wilkinson tries another takedown but Johnson stuffs it as the round ends. Close fight so we go to a third round.

Round 3 - Before the round starts both guys look to be a little tired, Wilkinson showing it a lot more than Johnson. As the round starts Johnson opens up with some nice punches he gets Wilkinson down and GnP the shit out of him, Wilkinson gives his back and Johnson finishes the fight with a RNC.

I thought it was funny after the fight Dana is talking saying that with Mike Tyson there it pushed Johnson to do better. Basically the same thing I said in the LD. Koscheck showed a very kind side as he did for most of this season already, saying he was honored to be in Wilkinson's corner and don't forget there is a wild card. Glad to see Tyson will be back next week. Man does he look a lot better than he did last year, the reports on him dropping about 100lbs were true.

Great fight between English and Michael Johnson. Both men were very evenly matched, which really surprised me. Michael Johnson is huge for a Lightweight and has some tremendous cardio. I still maintain that I would love to see him fight Doomsday Howard. However, on to point. Johnson looked good in the beginning, but English won the round by dominating the second half of the round. Johnson won round 2, but English went balls to the wall in the last minute. The problem was that I think he gassed himself out. English just didn't look the same after his second round flurry and Johnson looked like he was still in round one. This fight shows that cardio is incredibly important. Awesome fight.

It was cool to see Mike Tyson come and talk to the fighters and talk about MMA in general. I had no idea he was a fan. It was also cool to hear his commentary. I can't wait to see him on next weeks episode. Koscheck parking GSP in was hilarious but such a dick move. GSP was classy as always and I respect that out of him. He may be the only man in all of MMA, besides Randy Couture, who wouldn't try on move the cars parking him in with brute strength. Good episode, I am excited to see the Leroy/random guy showdown next week.

I'm enjoying this series. It already has proven better than last as we were just waiting for Franklin to replace Tito last season. GSP was hilarious in making that fake list to trick Koscheck. I like Bruce Leroy. It was kinda cool to see him beat Lentz after Lentz was so confident he could take him. I LMAO at the fact he said, "I will not tap. I'll just go to sleep," then when he got put in the triangle choke he was slapping Alex Caceres to get out of it. I don't recall who said it but I would love to see GSP break his classy, professional approach to things and go nuts on Koscheck too. (Btw I'm from the UK so I'm a week behind all you guys)

Great episode tonight.

Mike Tyson's speech fucking owned. The past year or so the guy has started to sound a lot like the Mike Tyson when Cus D'Amato was alive, not the psycho he became infamous for. I'm really happy he's got all his shit together, because he was one of my biggest heroes growing up, and today he's still my favorite boxer of all time.

Anyways, one thing TUF has showed us is that Armenian fighters are fucking hot-headed as hell. First you had Manny Gamburyan have a mental breakdown over literally nothing in season 5 (as well as his cousin Karo flipping his shit on Nate Diaz), and then in season 6 you had that dude who broke his arm, and looked like he was about to kill the doctor who informed him the bad news. And tonight you had Sako Chivitchian, who just went off on Bruce Leroy over nothing. That shit was hilarious. It made me interested in a fight between those two, though. Let's hope it goes down (though only in a way where Sako wins the wildcard, rather than him beating someone on GSP's team, since I really want GSP to get the sweep more than anything)..

And Kyle Watson vs. Andy Main was a decent enough fight. They were even on the feet, but Watson was obviously far superior on the ground. When the fight made its way there, Watson was just in complete control, before finally getting Andy's back and putting him away with the RNC.

I loved how Kos said Andy Main wasn't listening to him, when the only thing I heard from Kos' corner the whole fight was "Get up!" Shit, even when Kos said that Main didn't listen in the little sit down interview afterward, his exact words were something like, "I told him if the fight goes to the ground, then sweep!" Dude, that shit's easier said than done. If the kid can't do it, then he simply can't do it. That's not him not listening; that's him being controlled by a far superior ground fighter. Jesus Kos can be a moron. I am so enjoying watching GSP defeat him every week, and I REALLY hope it continues.

I have to fully agree with JMT on Tyson last night. The guy just seems like he is in such a better place these days, looks great too. His speech was inspirational if you are a fighter. It would be nice if Dana used him on the show as an assistant coach for a season, sure it would take away from the rest of the show, but it would make it jump in ratings and put a nice paycheck in his pocket.

The overall episode was pretty good. Bruce Leroy is getting on people's nerves all the more. This time Lentz and a few others were bitching at him for over cheering for Michael Johnson. Leroy had a point when he told Lentz that he was doing the same thing before their fight. Hey JMT it was the other Armenian Sevak Magakian that got mad at Bruce Leroy. Sevak got so mad at Leroy that he threw a napkin at him (Yes a napkin!!) and threatened to kick ass ass. Bruce Leroy just laughed him off, funny stuff!! This week we see GSP park by a fire hydrant, so Koscheck can't block him in. Koscheck again tries to get under GSP's skin by coming out in speedos and saying their practicing in them to be like GSP. Of course it doesn't bother him, as he laughs at him and tells Kos that he does his talking in the ring. After the fight is picked team Koscheck thinks they have a real good shot at winning this one, as they think they have Watson figuered out. Koscheck makes it known that he hates losing to a French guy.

The fight was pretty boring in the first round. A couple of exchanges of punches to start then Main gets on Watson's back while standing. This went on for several minutes, Main lands some shots to Watson's face, Watson has Main's wrist so he can't apply a RNC. Finally Watson slips him off, the round ends with Watson in dropping some elbows in side control.

Round two was a little more exciting. Watson looked to be gassed in his corner, team Kos noticed it. They both come out swining like the first round. Watson gets him to the ground, Main tries for some up kicks, lands a decent one but doesn't do any damage as Watson then gets his back, and puts him away with a RNC.

Kos showed to be upset after the loss, as we now know he hates losing to a French guy. He almost threw a temper tantrum, but didn't. Went to the locker room to talk to Main, much different than last week, as Kos just padded him on the head and told Main we have to get back to training. Kos was upset because he felt that Main didn't listen to him, but like JMT said he wasn't offering any real advice besides "Get up", then contradicted him self in the sit down interview.

Meh, it was an alright episode. Not much more I can say. Mike Tyson's words were great, it is awesome to see him finally doing well. I hope he can continue to keep his life on track. The verbal fight between The Armenian and Bruce Leroy was intense. I love pissing contests on TUF, even though they rarely amount to anything. The best we can hope for is that Leroy and a friend of his will get piss drunk and poor water on the Armenian as he is sleeping outside, while also being drunk. This will of course provoke the Armenian to go into a blind rage that will result in him punching out a window and kicking down a door. That's never been done on TUF before, right? I kid, I kid, but something of that magnitude would easily put this season on a level right underneath season1.

As for the fight. I really could not get into it. The first round was boring and the second round didn't spark my interest at all. I couldn't care less that Matt Hughes BJJ teacher won his fight. All it does is make me more depressed that Koscheck is losing to a French Guy, on a side note, I will Green rep whoever changed the title of this thread to that if they come forward because that is awesome, lol.

Koscheck making fun of GSP and his compression shorts was funny as hell, and I give GSP a ton of credit for not losing his shit, while I am a HUGE Koscheck fan, lets not forget that I do like GSP as well and respect the hell out of him, even if he speaks like a robot. I just wish, as Kos so honestly put it on the Jason Ellis show today, that people would stop sucking GSP's dick. But whatever.

An okay episode, with a very good fight. Man, I love me some Nam Phan. I don't know exactly what it is about that kid, but I really dig him, and think he will be the guys I support from this point on. He has that casual, not super ripped but I will beat your ass, kind of thing going on. Also, he has some awesome striking skills. Spencer Paige didn't look half bad himself, either. He has some great kicks, to bad he hurt his shin and his hand or else the second round would have probably been more competitive. Spencer did a pretty good job even with a broken hand.

However, not everything was great. I am a big Koscheck fan, no secret there, but his actions and the actions of his team after the fight were beyond ridiculous. Everyone threw a big fit about Alex and his talking, why would the Yellow team and Kos think it was alright to do such a thing back. The Yellow team is a team of hypocrites, simple as that. As for Kos, just stupidity on his part. He should know to be respectful at a time like that, but he let his bull headed feelings for GSP overshadow the fighters who are supposed to be the focus. Stupid move by him and his team.

And finally, Jean Charles is a fucking bad ass. Kos is lucky he didn't get his head kicked off by that dude. And, it was cool to see Jon Fitch on the show. He really seems like a down to earth, cool guy.

Glad to hear you say that, Jon. Not even the biggest Kos fan alive could defend his actions from last night (You reading this, IC? :icon_razz ). It was an absolute pathetic display and exemplifies everything I can't stand about Josh Koscheck. He's an immature, worthless prick, bottom line.

Anyways, Jean Charles is the fucking man. Oh, how I would loved to have seen him spar with Kos yesterday on the show and beat the ever living shit out of him. That would have been the greatest segment in television history.

And as far as the fight, I thought it was a great one. Spencer controlled the first 3 and a half minutes with some absolutely beautiful stand-up. His leg and body kicks were flawless. But man... when Nam Phan finally caught one of said body kicks and took Spencer to the ground, it was over from there. I think the Kimura attempt sucked the life out of Spencer, and he just wasn't able to rebound from it. However, he never gave up, so you have to applaud him for that. Regardless, impressive win for Nam Phan.

The last episode was just alright, great fight though.

Bruce Leroy is starting to become a douche. I still like him, but now he is just becoming a little annoying. It's not really a prank pouring bleach on someone's clothes in the wash, thats just a ******** move.

Koscheck brought in Jon Fitch to train with his guys. GSP answers by bringing in a Muay Thai trainer, Jean Charles. What a beast this guy is, he gets loaded every time he enters the ring, was funny listening to GSP explain it. But needless to say he takes out almost all of GSP's team, the guy is just brutal. The fight is announced and it's Spencer Paige vs. Nam Phan. During Team Kos's training session Chuck Liddell walks in to give some words, but it seemed like the fighters were more condoling him since it was fresh off the Franklin loss.

The fight was a good one. Spencer Paige came out with some nice kicks, even took Phan down to one knee with a solid leg kick. Phan was able to to catch a kick to the body, took down Paige and unleashed a barrage of punches, but Paige did enough for the fight not to be called. Phan flops on him in side control for a quick break, then locks on a Kimura, Paige survives it till the end of the round.

Round two was all Phan as he just stalked Paige throughout the round, landing nice shots threw the round. Paige isn't throwing anything like he was in the first round. Clear win for Phan, after the fight it is revealed that Paige broke his hand and his shins were shot from the first round, so thats why he wasn't able to engage in the second round. I give him credit, he could've easily just retired at the end of round one, but stick it out with the injuries.

Right away Koscheck was acting a fool, for his teams first win. GSP called him a sore winner, makes sense no need to act the way he was. It got a lot worse in the locker rooms as Kos and his team started to scream and beat on the walls to rub it in all the more. Completely disrespectful by Kos and his team. Each week now Kos's true colors are coming out more and more.

I liked Bruce LeRoy up until this week when he poured bleach in the fabric softener. I'm with Buffalo Dave... that's not much of a prank at all. It's just being a dick. I really hope Savak wins his fight and gets to take him on in the second round.

Right now, I think Nam has to be the favorite to win the show though. He's the most experienced fighter and he looked really good against Spencer Paige. Paige deserves a lot of credit too, hanging in there with two injuries and going two full rounds. I remember him being really good in his prelim fight and I hope he gets another shot in the UFC.

Koscheck really is a douchebag and the way his team reacted (and still reacts by looking at the previews) was ridiculously over the top. Great, you got your first win, but Team GSP still has three. Seeing GSP even the slightest bit furious after they started banging on the walls was kind of sad too, as he's been nothing but happy and upbeat since the filming of the show began. Also, I love how Koscheck talks about how much shit he's going to talk to GSP and doesn't even deliver on it.

Cody rules though, and I hope he wins. The way he keeps razzing Koscheck with his awfully delivered insults and comments that Koscheck can't come up with comebacks for are great.

Great episode last night.

My favorite part was easily GSP's little speech at the beginning of the show. His rant about showing class and being nice, while also letting it all the insults boil inside you, was just hilariously bad ass, mostly because of his voice. When he said something along the lines of, "If I feel like my well-being is in jeopardy, there will be a disaster," I nearly lost it. Great stuff.

Anyway, short and sweet fights for the show, just how I like it. Both GSP's guys looked great.

That Cody dude, I mean... this dude has now won 11 fights straight via Guillotine Choke (9 official fights, two fights now on TUF). How the fuck is that possible? It's not, yet he keeps doing it. It's incredible. Absolutely do not go for a take down on that motherfucker if you do not know how to defend the Guillotine because he will like that sucker in like no other. Unbelievable.

And Jonathan Brookins defeated Sevak Magakian... first of all, that Johnathan Brookins, what an interesting character. He's very well-spoken and spiritual. You don't expect that from someone who looks like him; I really dig this dude a lot and he might end up being my favorite on the show. As far the fight... like Dana said, that was some incredible Jiu-Jitsu displayed by Brookins. You don't see many Armenians in this sport get tapped out, but man... Brookins did it like it was nothing. I was very impressed.

So, yeah... great episode last night. Loved GSP getting two more wins. I think Sako will end up beating Dane Sayers next week, unfortunately. Dane seems like a great dude with a ton of heart, but Sako is the more experienced, well-rounded fighter.

Also, next week the wildcards are selected. Who are you guys expecting to get picked? Personally, I would go with Sevak and Aaron Wilkinson. I would have chosen Spencer Paige, but he suffered some bad injuries during his fight, so I'm sure he's not eligible. But I chose Sevak because I feel like he has a lot more to offer than what we saw against Brookins, and Aaron Wilkinson simply because he took GSP's first pick to the absolute limit. Also, I think Wilkinson vs. Sevak would be the most entertaining fight with the possible choices.

So at this point, I think the question has to be, who is a worse TUF coach: Koscheck, Shamrock, or Rampage? Last night's episode ruled because Koscheck and his team acted like a bunch of fools overcelebrating their one win, only to have it blow up in their face. GSP has to be the best coach, bar none. He knows that having these guys overtrain when they have to fight multiple times in a 7 week span isn't exactly the best idea.

I've been pulling for Cody since the first episode because of how hilarious he looks and is. I loved his speech to Nam about how Mark Stevens was the much better fighter, but he was still going to win. To go ahead and submit Koscheck's protegee from side control ruled so much. Koscheck's reaction to it was hysterical and so gratifying too... especially after he went to the house to give GSP's team shit.

Jonathan Brookins (who made it past the second round against Jose Aldo, which alone is a huge accomplishment) has to be a frontrunner to win the season. Making quick work of a tough Armenian like Sevak is extremely impressive.

I love this season of TUF, and everyone on GSP's team, with the exception of Bruce Leroy, is extremely likable and could win the season.

The wild card will probably be Wilkinson and Sevak. The producers will probably want Sevak in there so he can fight Bruce Leroy.

Here's Brookins getting KO'ed by Aldo:

AldoTKOsBrookins.gif

Pretty good episode last night. I'm always like when there are two fights in a show.

Like JMT said, GSP had some really good words for his team, on how to act after winning, keeping your composure and such. Koscheck's team continued to gloat at the house after winning their first fight.

With Koscheck gaining control for picking fights, he chose Mark Stevens to fight Cody McKenzie. They go through the training sessions, as Cody is finishing, The Troll (Kos) is messing with him again, saying he would give him a beating, Cody said if the UFC wanted him to, he would have no problem fighting him.

Gonna start calling Kos a Troll since he looks like one and acts like an internet one.

Fight time - Fight ends in just 20 seconds as Cody charges at Stevens throwing a punch and a head kick, Stevens gets a double leg takedown after the head kick attempt, but gets put right into Cody's deadly Guillotine, and goes to sleep very fast. Kos is shocked and has nothing really to say about it. Dead silence from Team Troll this time in their room, all that boasting lasted for one fight ha!!

With Team GSP back in control he picks Jonathon Brookins to fight Sevak Magakian. During this training session Jon and GSP butt heads, GSP gets cut open and the Troll starts his shit once again, as usual GSP just laughs it off while looking for his sandal that Kos hid.

With only 5 minutes left we know this is gonna be another quick fight. Sevak rushes in on Brookins only to get tossed to the ground very impressingly. Sevak gets up, but Brookins takes his back and locks in a RNC to win the fight.

To answer the question for who will win the wildcard spots, definitely see Wilkinson getting one of the spots as he looked impressive. The other spot probably Sevak or Lentz, most likely Sevak for the potential fight wit Bruce Leroy. I would agree that Paige would've got a spot if he didn't get those injuries.

I finally got around to watching this past Wednesdays episode. Not terrible, but not great. The fights were excellent. Here is my quick run down. Cody is fucking dangerous if he gets a hold of your neck. I did some research and found out that 9 of his 11 wins have come by way of guillotine and none of his fights have gone the distance. Stevens obviously didn't take Cody serious at all and he paid for it. The second fight between Sevak and Brookins was another very good fight. Brookins is ridiculously good on the ground. Sevak is a good fighter but he made a slight mistake and Brookins took advantage of it in a big way. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Brookins won this thing, and the cool thing is he is super humble and doesn't want to make a big deal about it. I like Brookins a lot. Like I said, good episode, great fights.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back