The "Thunder God" Bobby Lashley Returns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle Sam

Rear Naked Bloke
[youtube]cw9b-0QU1B0&feature=channel[/youtube]

Yes, "Thunder God" is a stupid nickname. Yes, it is ******ed. Yes, it ruins Lashley's entire mystique. Yes, his entire CGI video thing doesn't improve matters. But...

Erm... hurm...

Yeah, he's alright I guess. Alright debut. Y'know, even if it isn't his debut.

What the hell is up with the Thunder God? You might as well call him Thor or Zeus for that matter. I'm interested to see where Lashley goes from here. I don't expect him to stick around for the long term unless his MMA career ultimately fails. Though I liked him in his WWE run, I do feel that TNA is going to give him the belt sometime soon seing how he's one of those ex-guys, but I wouldn't mind if it was just short term. I still believe AJ Styles will win the belt at Bound For Glory.

Thunder God is a stupid gimmick. I must say he looks to be in the best shape of his career which is good and only having to work like 3 strait days a month and focus on his MMA the rest of the time may be good for him as the MMA training has clearly rounded his body into shape by getting rid of that baby fat.

I just wish they didn't give him that stupid nickname, His entrance music wasn't impressive either, it was actually bad. Rumor has it that he also uses the "Thump" shoulder block as a finisher. That can't be good. Wonder how much Double J had to do with his gimmick before he left?

I'm really confused, where is this Thunder God thing coming from? I didn't notice anyone call him that.

If he is being called the Thunder God that IS The stupidest thing I've ever heard.

TNA is in an amazing position with Lashley so long as Lashley's mma career continues to be successful. If they ever decide to throw the title on him, what could be better for a wrestling company than having it be on a guy that is also some sort of mma champ (assuming he goes somewhere in mma)? Talk about giving legitimacy to the TNA strap.

Wow, Thunder God? That is a terrible gimmick, it ranks up there with the Goon.

Good to see Lashley back in the wrestling ring. The little swerve with Angle came too soon, I would have liked to have been teased for awhile. I think TNA has dropped the ball here. And whats with that music, it should say, I am going to rip you to pieces, not brum brum.

In his mma fights he's being called Bobby "The Dominator" Lashley, a reference to his WWE finisher. I prefer that nickname. I can't imagine the Thunder God name will stick.

I'm just waiting for Vince Russo to introduce his new tag team partner, Matt "Lightning Lord" Morgan.

Sweet tap dancing Christ (to quote a fellow poster), who came up with that shit ?? Bobby "God of Thunder" Lashley or "Thunder God" Lashley ???!!!

The only good part about the nickname is it will provide easy heel comments for Don West.

Wow, the "Thunder God"....Why not just have the guy hang a sign around his neck that says "My name is Sue." It's fucking ridiculous.

I was sort of excited about Lashley potentially being part of TNA, but now that I've thought about it, I'm not so sure. One reason why Lashley signed with TNA is because TNA is going to allow him to take the time away from the company for his MMA fights right? That means Lashley could potentially be absent for weeks or even months at a time training for an upcoming fight. So, for all Lashley's potential place as savior of TNA from the MEM, I wouldn't expect any major title reigns from him.

It just seems like another TNA smokescreen to me, a lot of hype but with little substance to it. It also sounds like TNA is just something of a side project for Lashley, something for him to do in between training for MMA fights.

Why should I care about Lashley? I guess TNA wants me to believe he's a majestic black god with superpowers who can fly. Bobby Lashley is stupid and that whole last segment was dumb. It was so obvious what side he was on the whole time. Even if it was a surprise, how the fuck did he beat up the entire MEM? He'll be gone in like 2 months anyway.

Some people complain over the stupidest shit. His name is Bobby Lashley and he is going to bring ratings to TNA, publicity, and sell tickets, and people are bitching over his fucking "nickname". No matter how refreshing a show is, and no matter how entertaining something gets people still bitch over something as irrelevant as a name that will appear on the Jumbo Screen that the announcers will probably say once or twice a match, if at all. If you hate his name so much and if its so ridiculous, write TNA a letter or don't watch. Why complain if you aren't going to do shit about it but continue to watch??

[youtube]cw9b-0QU1B0&feature=channel[/youtube]

Yes, "Thunder God" is a stupid nickname. Yes, it is ******ed. Yes, it ruins Lashley's entire mystique. Yes, his entire CGI video thing doesn't improve matters. But...

Erm... hurm...

Yeah, he's alright I guess. Alright debut. Y'know, even if it isn't his debut.

It's not "Thunder God", It's "God Of Thunder" It's pretty random but it works.

Some people complain over the stupidest shit. His name is Bobby Lashley and he is going to bring ratings to TNA, publicity, and sell tickets, and people are bitching over his fucking "nickname".

That's what TNA said about Kurt Angle, Sting, Booker T, Scott Hall, Scott Steiner, Mick Foley, and so on and so forth. They're much bigger stars in wrestling than Lashley is and they couldn't get it done, it's doubtful Lashley will either. What I'm ultimately bitching about is how TNA is a side project for Lashley, something to do in between training for MMA fights. The nickname is just icing on the cake.

No matter how refreshing a show is, and no matter how entertaining something gets people still bitch over something as irrelevant as a name that will appear on the Jumbo Screen that the announcers will probably say once or twice a match, if at all.

Refreshing in what way exactly? Watching TNA crap on their younger talent while pushing guys that, for the most part, are well past their physical prime? Most of the older guys in TNA can't go at a level anywhere close to their prime, and for TNA management to consistently have these guys go over their young talent makes the young talent look weak. Refreshing is having the older guys build up the younger talent, the guys that are eventually going to have to be the future of the company.

If you hate his name so much and if its so ridiculous, write TNA a letter or don't watch. Why complain if you aren't going to do shit about it but continue to watch??

Well, I hope against hope that TNA is somehow going to pull it together and actually put on a watchable show. I dunno, I guess I'm just a wide eyed optimist in this pesimistic world of ours.

"Thunder God" isn't a gimmick. Batista isn't an animal because they call him the Animal. Batista doesn't come out in a cage, nor will Lashley come out with a hammer.

Someone said they don't see Lashley winning the title because he's an ex-WWE guy, yet I thought the big criticism was that TNA only gives titles to "WWE rejects"?

Anyway, in MMA you don't fight weekly or even monthly, so it doesn't matter too much whether or not Lashley continues that. It doesn't affect whether he stays long term or short term. If he doesn't have a fight for another 8 months, then he'll be here for 6 months, then come back after the fight (not a prediction or anything, just a possible scenario).

TNA seems to be polarizing into different factions (MEM, World, Originals...), and Mick Foley is out of all those loops. Perhaps having Sally Boy and Big Rocco become active wrestlers, and having Lashley by his side, he'll begin another one. If not Rocco/Sally Boy, then perhaps 3D, as right now they don't really stand with any side. Throw in Abyss and make his group a little extreme, who knows.

Hopefully Lashley stays for the good part of the next year, and when he has his MMA fights, he comes back afterwards. He's a draw for MMA fans to TNA, so he brings a lot more than just ex-WWE.

I never really knew anything about him until he joined up with the WWE. At first I just thought he was going to be another monster character, and then I saw his actually ability in the ring, and I was pretty impressed. Not blown away or anything, but I was impressed.
His voice kinda threw me off at first. I mean, he's a pretty big bad ass looking guy, and his voice kinda sounded a little girly and shy.
His promos were pretty good. I was just watching the ECW promo he cut after Wrestlemania's Battle of the Billionaires and it was actually pretty good.
I think the reason he failed in the end with WWE is Vince McMahon. The angle was good at first, but Vince winning the ECW title from him took all his credibility away....
Nevertheless, I never really liked him in WWE. I don't know why.
But when he came out and leveled the MEM, I genuinely liked him again. I hope we'll be seeing a lot more of him as time goes on.

The Thunder God Bobby Lashley huh theres only one person who has had that nick name for a long time and it is not Lashley no it has nothing to do with Wrestling in Genreal Iam talking about Def Leppard Drummer Rick Allan who lost his left arm in a car accident in the 80's and he drums with one arm now that to me is a '' Thunder God hes had that nick name sence hes been with Def Leppard cause of his drumming with one arm now Lashley on the other hand I really didnt care for him in WWE because to me he was a rip off of Goldberg TNA Needs to come up wth better nick name for Lashley like what Info Warlord put '' The Dominator '' Bobby Lashley

Dont forget we now have Lashley on Foleys side plus Hernande said he had foley and Jarretts backs so Foley, Lashley, Hernandez and who ever else that could be a very formidable faction in it own right if it comes to be.

Dont forget we now have Lashley on Foleys side plus Hernande said he had foley and Jarretts backs so Foley, Lashley, Hernandez and who ever else that could be a very formidable faction in it own right if it comes to be.

He also has Rocco and Sally Boy who got a bigger pop from the crowd than Hernandez did. I wouldn't be surprised if they were going to create a sort of "TNA Management" stable, allied with the Originals, but with its own seperate agenda. And I have to say, I was very impressed with Rocco and Sally Boy, especially Rocco. Big Splash off the top rope? They'd be a great addition to the tag team division, and with the pop they got, perhaps legit challengers to Booker/Steiner in the future

That's what TNA said about Kurt Angle, Sting, Booker T, Scott Hall, Scott Steiner, Mick Foley, and so on and so forth. They're much bigger stars in wrestling than Lashley is and they couldn't get it done, it's doubtful Lashley will either. What I'm ultimately bitching about is how TNA is a side project for Lashley, something to do in between training for MMA fights. The nickname is just icing on the cake.

News flash. Ratings go up exponentially over time. Takes months for shows with a niche fan base to grow. You may see ratings rise .1 or .2 over the next few shows, which is a GOOD thing. A 0.1 rating increase is a couple thousand more fans. Just because they don't do 3.0's doesn't mean their ratings are poor. Took years for WWE to do it, WCW to do it, and it will take time for TNA to do it. TNA as a side project has no relevance to this conversation. Why bitch about it? A guy can't work two jobs? He likes to wrestle, and he likes MMA what's the fucking problem? The nick name is icing on the cake for what? Something completely unimportant for you to rant about?

Refreshing in what way exactly? Watching TNA crap on their younger talent while pushing guys that, for the most part, are well past their physical prime? Most of the older guys in TNA can't go at a level anywhere close to their prime, and for TNA management to consistently have these guys go over their young talent makes the young talent look weak. Refreshing is having the older guys build up the younger talent, the guys that are eventually going to have to be the future of the company.

You want Angle, Nash, Booker T and Mick fucking Foley all recognizable characters in the wrestling world, all LEGITIMATE LEGENDS who can still draw and who still put on a very entertaining show to work the mid card and job to guys like Hernandez and Daniels who are green as fuck on the big stage to carry the show? :lmao: Really think about that dude. TNA is trying to come up and get recognized by mainstream wrestling fans. No one pays to see Hernandez. People pay to see Mick Foley, Booker T, Kurt Angle, Bobby Lashley, etc. Those are the names that draw, those are the people you focus the company around.

Well, I hope against hope that TNA is somehow going to pull it together and actually put on a watchable show. I dunno, I guess I'm just a wide eyed optimist in this pesimistic world of ours.

You are saying they aren't putting together a watchable show? WTF are you talking about? Do you WATCH TNA, or do you just come to this board, read results, and glance at it on Thursdays?

[
News flash. Ratings go up exponentially over time. Takes months for shows with a niche fan base to grow. You may see ratings rise .1 or .2 over the next few shows, which is a GOOD thing. A 0.1 rating increase is a couple thousand more fans. Just because they don't do 3.0's doesn't mean their ratings are poor. Took years for WWE to do it, WCW to do it, and it will take time for TNA to do it. TNA as a side project has no relevance to this conversation. Why bitch about it? A guy can't work two jobs? He likes to wrestle, and he likes MMA what's the fucking problem? The nick name is icing on the cake for what? Something completely unimportant for you to rant about?

If Ratings go up exponentially over time, then what's TNA's excuse? TNA has been on Spike for nearly 4 years. The whole "They're a young company and need time to grow" argument is dying quickly. You want to make comparrisons to the WWE? Ok, let's do that. When the WWE was the WWWF, a regional territory operating out of the Northeast, they consistently sold out 15 and 20,000 seat arenas and this was during the 1960s. Every wrestling fan knows that TNA is out there, it's just that most wrestling fans don't give a shit about it and there's good reason why. My problem with Lashley is that TNA is, as I mentioned, a side project. One of the chief reasons he agreed to sign with them, in case you haven't heard, is because they'll make time for his MMA fights. That means that there will be weeks or even months that Lashley takes off from TNA to prepare for his MMA fights. TNA management has to spread the company's legs to get these guys to even notice them. With Lashley taking so much time off from time to time to prepare for his next MMA fight, that means TNA can't really afford to risk putting him in a title situation since he might have to bail right in the middle of an angle to do his thing. The fact that TNA is simply a bit side project to doesn't speak highly of Lashley's thoughts of the TNA product.

You want Angle, Nash, Booker T and Mick fucking Foley all recognizable characters in the wrestling world, all LEGITIMATE LEGENDS who can still draw and who still put on a very entertaining show to work the mid card and job to guys like Hernandez and Daniels who are green as fuck on the big stage to carry the show? :lmao: Really think about that dude. TNA is trying to come up and get recognized by mainstream wrestling fans. No one pays to see Hernandez. People pay to see Mick Foley, Booker T, Kurt Angle, Bobby Lashley, etc. Those are the names that draw, those are the people you focus the company around.

No, I don't want them if they can't get in the ring and perform at a level that speaks highly of the company's product. TNA signs these guys based on their name only, not on how they're actually able to perform and it's fucking backfired on them. Angle is on a power trip and will essentially leave the company if Jarrett isn't gone, Kevin Nash is an absolute fucking embarassment to watch in the ring because his knees are so blown out that he can barely climb ito the ring, let alone put on a watchable match. Mick Foley is so banged up that he just simply doesn't have it anymore. Scott Steiner is more or less in the same position as Nash is, he's had so many surgeries on his back that it's barely in workable shape anymore. His matches are awful, predictable and he's a severely limited worker overall since he decided to look like a living comic book character and sacrificed overall, legitimate athletic ability. Most of the over 40 crowd in TNA are physical has beens, it's simply the truth. TNA is putting these guys over the younger talent instead of using them to build up the younger talent. You''re delusional if you think these people are bringing ratings to TNA. They don't draw, it's just simply the facts. Increasing by a tenth of a point on occassion isn't growth, it's a mild swelling.

You are saying they aren't putting together a watchable show? WTF are you talking about? Do you WATCH TNA, or do you just come to this board, read results, and glance at it on Thursdays?

Yeah, that's exactly what I'm saying. Take the time to head over to the Impact aftermath section. I basically described everything that took place on the show. I watch the show junior, I watch it because I honestly do hope that they're going to do something interesting each week and I've yet to see it. I've seen a shitload of hype and build up, but that's about all I've seen.

Bobby Lashly is awsome, I hope his mma career works out but I really hope he stays with prowrestling, he has the look and the ability. If lashy wins the TNA title from kurt angle that would be a instint classic and the 2 of them together could really help tna out.

And about him being the "god of thunder" or "thunder god" I like epic sounding nicknames like that, it just adds another dimension to thier character/gimmick. Like Batista is The Animal Undertaker is the Deadman or Phenom. Sting was the Fransise and is the Icon HHH the game/king of kings, and of course Hulk Hogan the Imortal.

So I really dont mind epic nicknames as long as they dont over use or abuse it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back