Bobby Lashley Signs With Strikeforce

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
It seems as though Bobby Lashley's relationship with TNA could be coming to an end, or is at least about to be altered significantly. Lashley has officially signed a multi-year deal with Strikeforce and is expected to make his debut for the promotion on January 30, 2010.

Lashley did an interview last month where he said that he would strongly consider walking away from wrestling if Strikeforce offered him an exclusive deal. While Strikeforce isn't as big of a promotion as the UFC, it's already proven itself to be competition in terms of ratings. Strikeforce shows on CBS have drawn pretty well so I'm betting Lashley is happy.

I think everyone has known that this was eventually gonna happen with Lashley and, personally, I think he's just been going through the motions in TNA. Nothing he's done has been particularly interesting, he's not really been put into anything significant, he has a match for the TNA world title for a later date but it's ultimately just a waste because TNA isn't gonna put a championship on Lashley.

I'd like to see him gone personally. What we've been seeing him in since he started with TNA is exactly what TNA is gonna keep doing with him and is where they're gonna keep him.

It only makes sense for Lashley to focus on the MMA world. TNA is a minor league joke going nowhere in a hurry. With Hulk Hogan waiting in the wings Lashley willl never be given the legit chance to carry the company. Further, not to bring race into the argument, it's painfully obvious how TNA creative feels about their African American talent (Awesome "King" Kong, and Black Machiso "Buffoon" Jay Lethal, and Consequences "Coon" Creed.) Can any of these stereotypes, including the Pope, be taken seriously? If Lashley sticks around any longer we could see him repackaged as the monster heel Big Bad Black Buck Lashley BBBBL. For Lashley to spend another minute in minor league wrestling would be a waste now that something outside of wrestling world has presented itself. With his size, quickness, athleticism and strength, Lashley willl be as big player in the MMA world for years to come.

I'm pretty sure TNA saddled him with a title shot, so that he can take time off after his fight, and come back in the main event with a purpose, and not just reappear. It was probably also a last ditch effort to keep him under contract, since they knew he'd be making money if he left for full-time MMA.

I don't want to see him leave, as his matches have continued to get better, and his feuds, albeit short, are well worked, and actually catch my interest.

I'm pretty sure TNA saddled him with a title shot, so that he can take time off after his fight, and come back in the main event with a purpose, and not just reappear. It was probably also a last ditch effort to keep him under contract, since they knew he'd be making money if he left for full-time MMA.

I don't want to see him leave, as his matches have continued to get better, and his feuds, albeit short, are well worked, and actually catch my interest.

If you love something NSL, you have to set it free. It is very evident that Lashley's future, at least present future, is in mma. TNA needs to appreciate him while he is still around and support him in his future endeavors so that both parties can keep a good relationship in the case of a return to the ring.

I honestly have not been following Lashley all that closely during his tenure in TNA but from what I have seen I have not been all that impressed. I would much rather see him fight Fedor then be in a TNA championship match with AJ Styles.

I unfortunately think that Lashley with quit TNA now that he has a deal with StrikeForce. I am very saddened by this. Bobby has alout of petential and I would like to see him in the main events in TNA going for the title. His matches are awesome, along with his feuds. His current feud with Scott Steiner is really heating up and I hope he can at least finish this feud before he leaves.

With Lashley as only a part time wrestler in TNA i don't think he should be given the TNA Championship so it looked likely that his time would be up soon as he shifts from feud to feud quickly.

His feud with Steiner has been the best one of the three. Good luck to him in MMA.

I've been a Bobby Lashley mark from the beginning.

Yet I admit that, even during his brief run of early dominance in WWE, he seemed somewhat out of place in the wrestling world. Having caught him in action in MMA, it seems like he found his niche and was actually able to put his entire fighting acumen to use as opposed to the limited amount needed for staged wrestling events.

While his feuds in TNA have started to pick up a bit (not to mention he made Scott Steiner look credible at BFG, something that's not been seen for years), Bobby Lashley's full potential will never be realised in a TNA ring.

Really. Lashley sucks. He sucked in the e. He sucks in tna. Don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out Bobby. Hell, WWE just let him leave. They were trying to push the shit outta him, shoving him down our throats every tuesday, then mondays. He might be decent in the ring, but his promos suck too. That little girl voice, and he acts like a pussy. If some dude like steiner really was going after your wife like that you'd fucking kill him. Not lashley. Just beat him up a little bit. The guys a joke. The world of pro wrestling will be better off without him. Oh yeah, why is it okay for him to be all juiced up but guys like HHH and Steiner get ripped for it. They are both way better performers. Lashley is garbage and never will turn into any type of draw. I doubt he'll be gone for long. He's gonna get his ass kicked in any mma fight and come running back to pro wrestling. The guy's not lesnar. Period. And to the poster above, steiner made lashley look good. The only time lashley looks decent is when someone carries him to a good match. Seriously, how many classics has bobby put on? If you say more than zero you're lying.

Let's get it right. Lashley announced that he signed to Strikeforce but at the same time will continue to work for TNA so he won't be leaving. TNA is helping the Bobby Lashley brand and he's also helping TNA. I think if Lashley becomes a champion in MMA, then TNA would hotshot him the world title. Lets face it, MMA is growing and TNA feels that Bobby will be big in MMA so TNA using him is smart. Also he's young and was very popular in WWE. So it's a big win for TNA. Lashley may suck on the mic and may suck as a personality but as a wrestler he's decent. He's put on some decent matches in the past. I don't see why wrestling fans are so bothered by Lashley in TNA. Who cares what he does in his personal life or wants to do with the rest of his career. He doesn't bother me at all. Just watch the show!

Really. Lashley sucks. He sucked in the e. He sucks in tna. Don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out Bobby. Hell, WWE just let him leave. They were trying to push the shit outta him, shoving him down our throats every tuesday, then mondays. He might be decent in the ring, but his promos suck too. That little girl voice, and he acts like a pussy. If some dude like steiner really was going after your wife like that you'd fucking kill him. Not lashley. Just beat him up a little bit. The guys a joke. The world of pro wrestling will be better off without him. Oh yeah, why is it okay for him to be all juiced up but guys like HHH and Steiner get ripped for it. They are both way better performers. Lashley is garbage and never will turn into any type of draw. I doubt he'll be gone for long. He's gonna get his ass kicked in any mma fight and come running back to pro wrestling. The guy's not lesnar. Period. And to the poster above, steiner made lashley look good. The only time lashley looks decent is when someone carries him to a good match. Seriously, how many classics has bobby put on? If you say more than zero you're lying.

Okay so you're a Bobby Lashley hater. Kudos to you. I'm sure you get a lot out of life for hating on another man. Congratulations, you're hater award will be mailed to you. And :lmao: at your statement in bold. You're sounding extremely pathetic. Did you forget that Lashley is in MMA? You can't be in MMA and be on any performance enhancements or anything like that. So your ramble you call a post is an EPIC FAIL!:lmao:

I wouldn't be sad to see him go. I've got nothing against him except his participating in pro wrestling and MMA. Despite what a lot of people think, I believe the two are mutually exclusive. You can't give a hundred percent in pro wrestling if you are worried about what shape you'll be in for your next MMA fight and conversely you won't be a hundred perect in MMA if you are banged up from pro wrestling. Moreso, Lashley will have trouble getting taken seriously in MMA because of his participation in pro wrestling. Brock had quit pro wrestling completely when he joined MMA and still has trouble earning the fans respect despite the fact that he is a monster. An MMA fighter who still did pro wrestling would almost be a joke in the MMA world. Unfortunately, I don't Mr. Lashley can have his cake and eat it too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back