Who Should Lashley Fight Next

Frozentrash75

Pre-Show Stalwart
So i'm just wondering who does everybody thinks that Lashley should fight next after his dominating win over wes sims. Personally i think they should just let him fight fedor i know it might be kind of soon but hey i mean Brock had a warmup fight and then he fought the best in the heavyweight division and it worked out for him pretty well.

I just feel that it will be an exciting fight with alot of action and it can only bring alot of publicity and attention to strikeforce and help there brand and if its on CBS a major network i think it will get very good ratings.

I think it would kill all his momentum, honestly. The reason it worked for Brock is because he (depends which fight you mean here) lost to Mir through bad reffing or he won, beating Randy for the belt. If he hadn't won, he would still be mulling about in the undercard while people grumbled about how he would never amount to anything.

Unless Lashley has a legit chance of beating Fedor, there'd be no point. You'd be throwing him into a stone-wall. But hell, what choice do they have? They just better not feed him to Rodgers as that'd just ruin him too.

So i'm just wondering who does everybody thinks that Lashley should fight next after his dominating win over wes sims. Personally i think they should just let him fight fedor i know it might be kind of soon but hey i mean Brock had a warmup fight and then he fought the best in the heavyweight division and it worked out for him pretty well.

I just feel that it will be an exciting fight with alot of action and it can only bring alot of publicity and attention to strikeforce and help there brand and if its on CBS a major network i think it will get very good ratings.

Lashley looked pretty solid against Sims but then again Sims is fat, un-athletic, and in a sport he should probably no longer be in. I think the best bet is to keep the Lashley momentum train rolling and give him someone bigger then Sims but not Fedor.

My best bet would be a fight with either Brett Rogers or Big Foot Silva. Both men have name value and have challenged/won titles. Both men on paper match up well with Lashely. And both men would be good tests to see is if Lashley truly is legit or not.

Lashley looked pretty solid against Sims but then again Sims is fat, un-athletic, and in a sport he should probably no longer be in. I think the best bet is to keep the Lashley momentum train rolling and give him someone bigger then Sims but not Fedor.

My best bet would be a fight with either Brett Rogers or Big Foot Silva. Both men have name value and have challenged/won titles. Both men on paper match up well with Lashely. And both men would be good tests to see is if Lashley truly is legit or not.

That makes sense to the big reason i feel this would be the right move is because strikeforce is trying to grow and make a name for itself and to do that and try to compete with UFC they need to put there biggest names together on cards i know it might not be the best thing from a competition standpoint but from a business standpoint i think it makes sense for strikeforce.

Lashley wants a step up, but if we're being honest here a step up from Sims isn't really a step up at all. Lashley has alot of potential and is easy to market, they don't want to feed him to the sharks yet. Not to mention Fedor is fighting Werdum sometime in April, so i think both of those guys arent options right now. I really don't think he could get a win over Werdum, nevermind Fedor.

I think the perfect fight for him next would be Antonio Silva. Bigfoot had a good showing against Fabricio in November. This would really test Lashley's wrestling against someone with good wrestling and above average bjj. Bigfoots muay thai is nothing to fool around with either and Lashley has shown he isnt comfortable with his standup yet. The only problem with this is they're both American Top Team guys and who knows if they'd fight a team mate.

There's a couple choices they have. They could give him a safer fight with Mike Kyle, but i think theyre aiming a little higher. Personally i would like to see a fight with either Rogers or Arlovski if they sign him as was rumored.

Rogers showed he had more ground game then expected and was never completly overwhelmed by Fedor there, which is REALLY saying something. Its not like he took Fedor down and easily passed his gaurd or anything, but most people put money on the fight ending there with Fedor taking one of Brett's arms off. His striking is obviously the strongest aspect of his game and theres no question for me that it better than Lashley's. But would he be able to keep it standing?

Although Arlovski has lost his last two fights by ko's, his striking is still some of the cleanest and fastest at HW. His glass jaw has betrayed him as of late, but it wouldnt be a target for Lashley, which is a good thing and a bad thing. Lashley will take it to the ground immediatly and The Pitbull has never been strong off his feet.

Both interesting fights really.

Definitely not Fedor. Fedor only has two fights left on his Strikeforce contract; one of those is going to be against Werdum, the other most likely against Alistair Overeem. Besides, Fedor would kill Lashley at this point. The only way Lashley would stand a chance against Fedor is to lay 'n pray, but Fedor's way too slick on the ground to ever let someone do that to him. Bottom line.

All that said, I would like to see Lashley get in there with Brett Rogers next. That's the rumor right now, and I like the idea. It's win-win for Lashley. If he beats Rogers, then he beats a guy who looked damn good against Fedor, and if he loses to Rogers, well then he loses to a guy who looked damn good against the greatest Heavyweight in the World. Would Lashley's momentum be totally gone losing to someone like that? I don't think so, unless Lashley got KOed in the first minute of the fight or something like that. But I think Lashley can hang with someone like Rogers, and I think that's the route both Strikeforce and Lashley himself should want to go right now, instead of just feeding him another can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back