The Technology Troubleshooting Thread

Hard to say. I downloaded it in my virtual Windows XP, and logged in with my Minecraft account with no problems. It's currently installing stuff, not idea what, but it accepted my Minecraft account.

Thanks, I guess I will just have to try making new accounts and see if that works.

Sidenote...We have a new computer with windows 8 but I will not let my son go on minecraft with it for fear it will mess it up. you say you have a minecraft account. Do you use it on your normal computer or on a spare older on? Have you had problems with it or do you trust it?

Thanks, I guess I will just have to try making new accounts and see if that works.
From what I can tell, you just use your Minecraft account. I'm not sure what "new accounts" you are referring to.

Sidenote...We have a new computer with windows 8
I am so sorry to hear that.

but I will not let my son go on minecraft with it for fear it will mess it up. you say you have a minecraft account. Do you use it on your normal computer or on a spare older on? Have you had problems with it or do you trust it?
What exactly is your fear of Minecraft? I don't know how it works on Windows 8, so I cannot speak to that, but I run Minecraft on my main machine, which runs Windows 7, and my laptop which runs Linux.

From what I can tell, you just use your Minecraft account. I'm not sure what "new accounts" you are referring to.

We have a minecraft account. When prompted to sign in while trying to install technik it says login failed. One of the options it offers is to create an account. My fear is if I do this to get a technik it might make me lose me current account.

I am so sorry to hear that.

Yeah, at first we were liking it but now not so much. Still can't get mail.

What exactly is your fear of Minecraft? I don't know how it works on Windows 8, so I cannot speak to that, but I run Minecraft on my main machine, which runs Windows 7, and my laptop which runs Linux.

Not so much a fear of minecraft specifically, but rather a paranoid fear of putting anything new on this computer that might mess it up. Our older computer, which we still use, was running slow with a bunch of stuff constantly running. Even when I used task manager to close things they would be back after a while. Just afraid of the samething happening here.

However, you use it and I have spoken to some of my sons friends parents who seem to have no problem so maybe I will relent.

We have a minecraft account. When prompted to sign in while trying to install technik it says login failed. One of the options it offers is to create an account. My fear is if I do this to get a technik it might make me lose me current account.
I logged straight in with my Minecraft account. Make sure you have your account name and password correct. Can you log in to the Minecraft page on the web?

Not so much a fear of minecraft specifically, but rather a paranoid fear of putting anything new on this computer that might mess it up. Our older computer, which we still use, was running slow with a bunch of stuff constantly running. Even when I used task manager to close things they would be back after a while. Just afraid of the samething happening here.
That sounds more like a malware issue on the old computer. You might want to uninstall any anti-virus programs you may have on the old machine, and install Microsoft Security Essentials (it's free). Run that and see if it finds any malware.

However, you use it and I have spoken to some of my sons friends parents who seem to have no problem so maybe I will relent.
Minecraft does not run as a service, so it will only run on the computer whenever you choose to start it.

Just downloaded Microsoft Office 2013 and Word won't work. It opens fine but when I try to create a new document, it says that Word stopped working. Exel, Powerpoint, and OneNote work fine. It's just Word that won't cooperate. What should I do?

Just downloaded Microsoft Office 2013 and Word won't work. It opens fine but when I try to create a new document, it says that Word stopped working. Exel, Powerpoint, and OneNote work fine. It's just Word that won't cooperate. What should I do?

I didn't realize that had already been released. Probably because I prefer LibreOffice.

It's hard to say what the specific problem is, but usually uninstalling and reinstalling should fix the problem.

Lately I have been having a problem typing online. Mostly here on wrestlezone. When typing there are many times when some keyboard strokes are not recognized. I’ll be typing quickly and when I read what I’ve typed I see several letters missing throughout the post so I have to start over. This is only online. I never have the problem when I type in Word. I typed this post in Word and copied and pasted it here because if I typed this here it probably would have taken an hour to get it right. What’s going on? Anybody have any idea?

Lately I have been having a problem typing online. Mostly here on wrestlezone. When typing there are many times when some keyboard strokes are not recognized. I’ll be typing quickly and when I read what I’ve typed I see several letters missing throughout the post so I have to start over. This is only online. I never have the problem when I type in Word. I typed this post in Word and copied and pasted it here because if I typed this here it probably would have taken an hour to get it right. What’s going on? Anybody have any idea?

That's beyond weird. I assume it's happening on your computer, not a phone, right?

Does it happen in different web browsers?

That's beyond weird. I assume it's happening on your computer, not a phone, right?

Does it happen in different web browsers?

It is happening on the computer. I'm pretty simple minded when it comes to these things so it doesn't even occur to me to try a different web browser. The problem doesn't happen all the time. I just typed this post on here with no problem at all but I was having the problem just a few minutes ago with a few different posts.

It is happening on the computer. I'm pretty simple minded when it comes to these things so it doesn't even occur to me to try a different web browser. The problem doesn't happen all the time. I just typed this post on here with no problem at all but I was having the problem just a few minutes ago with a few different posts.

If it's not happening when you type in Word, my first thought would be web browser.

Hi there. I haven't been on these forums in a long time so I wasn't sure where to post this but I really need help. With the new way Xbox live is set up I need to sign in with my email address and password and I do not remember the password attached to the account. Normally I would automatically sign in, therefore no need to remember the password. However now that the security is tighter on xbox live I need the password and do not remember it. The email I used was a friend's old email account that was set up on yahoo. I figured resetting the yahoo password reset the xbox live password but I was wrong. If anyone knows anyway to help me, please let me know.

Is there a way to take my songs from iTunes on my desktop and put them on the iTunes on my laptop? I got them all from CD's, Some of which I don't have anymore so it would be great if anybody could help me out here.

Is there a way to take my songs from iTunes on my desktop and put them on the iTunes on my laptop? I got them all from CD's, Some of which I don't have anymore so it would be great if anybody could help me out here.

I believe you will want to look under your Music folder. There should be a folder there for iTunes and then another folder called iTunes Music. Check in that folder to make sure the CD's you ripped are in there. If so copy the iTunes Music folder and put onto a flash drive or portable hard drive. Take over to your laptop and copy the folder onto it, or simply go to the Music Folder, iTunes, then iTunes Music and copy the contents of the folder you grabbed from your desktop into your laptop's iTunes Music folder.

It should populate those songs in your library, if not just grab the contents of the folder from your desktop to drag and drop into your library.

I believe you will want to look under your Music folder. There should be a folder there for iTunes and then another folder called iTunes Music. Check in that folder to make sure the CD's you ripped are in there. If so copy the iTunes Music folder and put onto a flash drive or portable hard drive. Take over to your laptop and copy the folder onto it, or simply go to the Music Folder, iTunes, then iTunes Music and copy the contents of the folder you grabbed from your desktop into your laptop's iTunes Music folder.

It should populate those songs in your library, if not just grab the contents of the folder from your desktop to drag and drop into your library.

I'll try this. Hopefully it works. Thanks.

I'm having a bit of an issue with my Apple TV at the moment. When it turns on, there's a loading icon and a message about configuring date and time settings and then when i hit the menu button to get to the Settings icon to fix it, there's only the Settings and Computer icons rather than the usual 16 or so.

Anyone else had this issue before?

Maybe someone here can help me.

I'm having a ton of problems with the scroll pad on my laptop right now. Whenever I try to use it the mouse spazs out basically. What I mean by that is it will highlight all or part of the screen non stop along with keep changing the size on screen of any program I have open. Also last night my keyboard was working off and on but so far today thats been working fine.

If it matters I have a HP laptop and I haven't downloaded anything that could be doing this.

I'm having a ton of problems with the scroll pad on my laptop right now. Whenever I try to use it the mouse spazs out basically. What I mean by that is it will highlight all or part of the screen non stop along with keep changing the size on screen of any program I have open. Also last night my keyboard was working off and on but so far today thats been working fine.

If it matters I have a HP laptop and I haven't downloaded anything that could be doing this.

As an update to this, Currently i'm using a wireless mouse and i'm having none of these problems.

It sounds as if it's responding to your moving around the touch pad as clicking and dragging. Trying turning off the click function in the Control Panel (I believe it'll be located in its own tab under the Mouse option).

It sounds as if it's responding to your moving around the touch pad as clicking and dragging. Trying turning off the click function in the Control Panel (I believe it'll be located in its own tab under the Mouse option).

I just tried this and I didn't see a way to turn off the click function. I went through all the settings and still have no idea what could be causing the problem.

Since I bought the laptop at Best Buy I do have the Geek Squad option to fix it, would I be better off just bringing it there to see if they can fix it? Or should I just get my own wireless mouse?

I just tried this and I didn't see a way to turn off the click function. I went through all the settings and still have no idea what could be causing the problem.

Since I bought the laptop at Best Buy I do have the Geek Squad option to fix it, would I be better off just bringing it there to see if they can fix it? Or should I just get my own wireless mouse?

If it's free to repair, I'd take it in, but they'll probably just change one setting so I wouldn't pay for it. There's usually an option in the Mouse options to turn off the clicking, but I don't have a Windows laptop anymore to see what it would be. You might try Google.

If it's free to repair, I'd take it in, but they'll probably just change one setting so I wouldn't pay for it. There's usually an option in the Mouse options to turn off the clicking, but I don't have a Windows laptop anymore to see what it would be. You might try Google.

Yeah it'd be free because we got the extra insurance with it because it was good for 3 laptops which covers everybody's laptop in my house.

I'll probably take it in and see what they say.

When I try to access the forums on Firefox, I get this screen
r8t7oi.png

This happens virtually every day, and it'll do so for about an hour or so, then work again for a little while before not working again.

When I access it on Chrome, it works fine more often, but I get that screen too sometimes.

How do I not get that screen anymore on Firefox (my browser of choice)?

When I try to access the forums on Firefox, I get this screen
r8t7oi.png

This happens virtually every day, and it'll do so for about an hour or so, then work again for a little while before not working again.

When I access it on Chrome, it works fine more often, but I get that screen too sometimes.

How do I not get that screen anymore on Firefox (my browser of choice)?

The problem is 99.99% likely to exist on your end. I would say make sure you've done a thorough malware scan and removal before trying anything else.

This is probably gonna be a really dumb question but I really have no experience with Amazin other than purchasing books. 2 months ago my PS3 of 7 years finally kicked the bucket. Now I was looking on Amazon to purchase a new one but the prices I'm looking at are in dollars. This is probably because its in the .com URL. Either way if I order one online how will I know if I'm getting a PAL one or another region one?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back