The Technology Troubleshooting Thread

I have an issue with random web pages loading correctly. Mostly on two specific pages, but once in a while it will happen on others albeit less frequently. The pages will load white screen, text only, all left aligned. It happens in the incognito window as well as alternate browsers (chrome & explorer). I have tried deleting all cache\cookies, running CC Cleaner & even deleted Chrome & re-installed. Still having the issue. Not sure what else to do or what would cause the issue.

Any ideas on how to fix?
Which two specific web pages?

What sounds like is happening is your browser is not loading anything other than html. You might try a hard refresh (hold shift and press the refresh button in your browser) and see if things load.

Which two specific web pages?

What sounds like is happening is your browser is not loading anything other than html. You might try a hard refresh (hold shift and press the refresh button in your browser) and see if things load.

It was Yahoo and KAT. Attempted the hard refresh as well and nada. I ended up trying a restore point and after that did nothing, I flushed the DNS cache. Works fine now after a very frustrating process of elimination.

It was Yahoo and KAT. Attempted the hard refresh as well and nada. I ended up trying a restore point and after that did nothing, I flushed the DNS cache. Works fine now after a very frustrating process of elimination.
Working with your DNS would have been my next suggestion.

I have a problem with my netgear n300 wireless adapter I've been working on for a few days. It's pretty in depth because I have tried everything I can think of.

First when it stopped working it said "The DNS server is unavailable". I tried changing the IPv4 address but that didn't work. I couldn't log in to myrouter.net and niether did typing the IP address in the address bar worked.

So I pushed the reset button on it, waited, released it, turned it off, turned it back on, still nothing, except this time the computer doesn't even recognize any wireless networks that were in my area including mine. Like I even plug the wireless directly into the computer and it can't find it.

I tried downloading the drivers from the manufacturers website but there were no files from the .zip file I could extract.

This might sound like a mouthful and I might just have to buy a new router but just seeing if you had any insight Sly.

I have a problem with my netgear n300 wireless adapter I've been working on for a few days. It's pretty in depth because I have tried everything I can think of.

First when it stopped working it said "The DNS server is unavailable". I tried changing the IPv4 address but that didn't work. I couldn't log in to myrouter.net and niether did typing the IP address in the address bar worked.

So I pushed the reset button on it, waited, released it, turned it off, turned it back on, still nothing, except this time the computer doesn't even recognize any wireless networks that were in my area including mine. Like I even plug the wireless directly into the computer and it can't find it.

I tried downloading the drivers from the manufacturers website but there were no files from the .zip file I could extract.

This might sound like a mouthful and I might just have to buy a new router but just seeing if you had any insight Sly.
Some of the things you said didn't make much sense to me, but from what I could piece together...

Hate to break bad news to you, but it sounds like you need a new adapter. I'd buy a new one and if the new one works just fine, then you know the old one is bad. If the new one has problems, then it would be time to start looking at alternative solutions.

Yeah I am going to buy a new one today and just keep the reciept if it does the same thing. I just thought it was weird because the adapter just stopped working out of nowhere while working fine all day.

Yeah I am going to buy a new one today and just keep the reciept if it does the same thing. I just thought it was weird because the adapter just stopped working out of nowhere while working fine all day.
That happens. Or sometimes it fails intermittently, but you don't know it when it does until it just dies.

If a new one doesn't fix the problem, let me know and we'll see what else can be done.

So can anybody help me maybe troubleshoot my Itunes? The ITunes store in particular. So I went on a vacation 2 weeks ago. The thing was working just fine before I left. I came back to boot it up to see what I missed. Well, the store wouldn't load. Just a blank white screen. Its as if it tries to load but then just stops. now I don't know much about how software works, but I decided to look around,maybe see if I can find a solution.

Like I said, being the software tech savvy person I am, I found solutions but can't make out any of the tech talk mumbo jumbo. In any case, I tried a few simpler things I did understand, like update the latest version. Well, I don't know what I've done now but ITunes crashes on me now before it gets a chance to even load.

It's kind of an annoyance. So if anybody could help me out, I'd greatly appreciate it.

So can anybody help me maybe troubleshoot my Itunes? The ITunes store in particular. So I went on a vacation 2 weeks ago. The thing was working just fine before I left. I came back to boot it up to see what I missed. Well, the store wouldn't load. Just a blank white screen. Its as if it tries to load but then just stops. now I don't know much about how software works, but I decided to look around,maybe see if I can find a solution.

Like I said, being the software tech savvy person I am, I found solutions but can't make out any of the tech talk mumbo jumbo. In any case, I tried a few simpler things I did understand, like update the latest version. Well, I don't know what I've done now but ITunes crashes on me now before it gets a chance to even load.

It's kind of an annoyance. So if anybody could help me out, I'd greatly appreciate it.
Try uninstalling it first and then reinstalling. You can use the following link for information (and even a "tech savvy" person like you can figure it out ;)):

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1925

For the past few days, my 2-year old android mobile has developed a problem where there are horizontal lines moving up and down across the screen (somewhat like in old TVs when another guy's signals were interfering). Sometimes there are too many of them, sometimes there are only a few. From today, the LCD has started going bright/dim/bright/dim and the whole white background goes grey-ish once every few seconds... It is particularly noticeable when the screen is dim (like just after dialling a number/code or playing a video), but is also visible otherwise. Any idea what's up? Has some connection in the LCD gone loose or is the phone approaching its end?

My mum wants a new laptop with a CD drive to use so she can use these learning CDs she's got. Everywhere tells her she can't get one with a built in CD drive. She's got an external CD drive but she says she finds it inconvenient.

Is there anywhere that do these laptops anymore or will she have to get it custom made.

My mum wants a new laptop with a CD drive to use so she can use these learning CDs she's got. Everywhere tells her she can't get one with a built in CD drive. She's got an external CD drive but she says she finds it inconvenient.

Is there anywhere that do these laptops anymore or will she have to get it custom made.
Many laptops in the United States still come with an optical drive. As far as your options where you live, I'm not familiar enough with what's offered. But I know you can still buy them in America.

Why is an external drive inconvenient?

Many laptops in the United States still come with an optical drive. As far as your options where you live, I'm not familiar enough with what's offered. But I know you can still buy them in America.

Why is an external drive inconvenient?

I'm over in the UK where apparently laptops with CD drives are hard to come by apparently. Apparently an external hard drive would be inconvenient if she was using the laptop while lying down on the couch and stuff.

I'll probably end up checking some places myself and if it's true they don't do ones with the drives I'll figure something out.

I'm over in the UK where apparently laptops with CD drives are hard to come by apparently. Apparently an external hard drive would be inconvenient if she was using the laptop while lying down on the couch and stuff.

I'll probably end up checking some places myself and if it's true they don't do ones with the drives I'll figure something out.

How many of the learning CDs does she have?

I'm losing my shit. My browser is being over run with ads and I can't fucking figure out why. I uninstalled and re-installed Crhome and also reinstalled AdBlock Plus but it didn't stop shit. This site in particular is so bad I can barely read it and every single thing I click is a fucking redirect. It even happens with sites that don't have advertisements like Netflix.

I've scanned my computer with the Microsoft Malicious Software tool and it didn't find anything. I really have no clue where to go from here.

I'm losing my shit. My browser is being over run with ads and I can't fucking figure out why. I uninstalled and re-installed Crhome and also reinstalled AdBlock Plus but it didn't stop shit. This site in particular is so bad I can barely read it and every single thing I click is a fucking redirect. It even happens with sites that don't have advertisements like Netflix.

I've scanned my computer with the Microsoft Malicious Software tool and it didn't find anything. I really have no clue where to go from here.

It would appear you have malware on your machine. Download Malwarebytes, update it if it asks, and let it run and see how much crap you have on your machine. Additionally, if you have any browser toolbars or any software in your Add/Remove programs which say "coupon" or something like that, remove them.

I know about the coupon thing, learned that a couple years ago. Will this remove the Malware are or will it just point it out to me?

Once again, Slyfox saves my computer. Thank you very much, man. The scan found one malware (Trojan something or another) and 137 other things (eye perform or something like that.) My shit is running beautifully again.

Two questions.

1. My son is starting to us hudl to create videos for college coaches and to watch game replays. We have IE and on that Hudl runs choppy. They suggest Google Chrome. I really hate change and am hesitant to download it.

Anyone have Google Chrome and how is it.

2. I have been offered by Microsoft to upgrade to Windows 10. Again I am hesitant. I don't like Windows 8 but at least now used to it.

Anyone have Windows 10 and is it worth upgrading to. Also, on my computer I have Student Word 2013 downloaded( and paid for ). Would downloading Windows 10 affect that?

Two questions.

1. My son is starting to us hudl to create videos for college coaches and to watch game replays. We have IE and on that Hudl runs choppy. They suggest Google Chrome. I really hate change and am hesitant to download it.

Anyone have Google Chrome and how is it.
There's nothing wrong with downloading Google Chrome just to use with Hudl. I haven't used Hudl myself, but I'm certainly around plenty of people who do. I don't know that changing web browsers will make that big of a difference, but it's not a big deal to try.

2. I have been offered by Microsoft to upgrade to Windows 10. Again I am hesitant. I don't like Windows 8 but at least now used to it.
You have roughly a year to decide to upgrade. If you're not sure yet, wait a month or two and see how you feel about it. Wait until the stores get machines with W10 on it and play with it at the store.

Also, on my computer I have Student Word 2013 downloaded( and paid for ). Would downloading Windows 10 affect that?
It should not. I am not saying it will not, I'm saying it should not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back