The Streak has gone to waste

Crocker

Dark Match Winner
Those 2 years of building up Lesnar as a beast, breaking the streak, squashing JOHN CENA, Randy Orton, Ambrose, the entire roster.. all of that just to have him lose to Goldberg in under a minute.

I don't understand why people are defending this on this forum? I'm not mad that Lesnar lost, I'm mad that the rub of beating him could've gone to someone else and make that person a mega star. It could've gone to Reigns, Rollins, or Ambrose.. hell just give it to Reigns and let him sink or swim. Way better than giving it to Goldberg who won't be around in 2 years.

Also for those of you praising it because it was "unpredictable", this was just confusing unpredictable. its the equivalent of having James Ellsworth beat Lesnar just for the hell of it.. its not a smart business decision in the long run. It gets buyrates for WWE 2k16 and a ton of media attention but what next? Wouldn't it be smarter to use this opportunity to build a mega star? There's many other people who could've used this rub like Samoa Joe, Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose, AJ Styles, etc..

Now Lesnar doesn't have the same credibility as before.. Sure he's still Brock Lesnar after all, but he's not immortal anymore and it won't be the same when someone beats him. If you're just jobbing him out to Goldberg then why even build him up this much?? Just a complete waste of an opportunity :banghead:

I don't understand why people are defending this on this forum?
Two possibilities here.

1) You're logging yourself out so that you can read the rest of the forums, which, wow. People on Reddit would be shocked at your lack of commitment and dedication.
2) You aren't doing that, but as the only section you could read would be this one, you're once again taking a position and saying that 'the board' is defending something you find ridiculous- without having seen anyone post about it.

It's like peeling an onion with you.

Wow I should have known better.. I knew you guys would find a way to avoid answering my question because you CAN'T answer this question. You can't defend the creative team's decision because you guys know you can't

Wow I should have known better.. I knew you guys would find a way to avoid answering my question because you CAN'T answer this question. You can't defend the creative team's decision because you guys know you can't

You're making two mistaken assumptions here:

1) That people here are going to "defend the creative team's decision"; you're merely assigning a position to "the board", then attacking that position.
2) That people here owe you anything but to treat you like shit, because your reputation is pretty completely shot here based on your behavior over the past several years.

I agree that you should have known better, in the sense that for your own mental health and well being you should take the fucking hint already and find a place where everyone doesn't treat you like shit.

We're not eating turkey for Thanksgiving this year. We're headed out to dinner because it's easier for everybody involved. They're having a buffet and there's herb crusted prime rib on it. I'll be having that instead.

Hey everybody! Don't forget to pick up your copy of WWE 2K17! For those lucky folks who pre-ordered, you get TWO (that's right!) versions of Goldberg! Crocker; I've never seen such a great deal in all my life!

We're not eating turkey for Thanksgiving this year. We're headed out to dinner because it's easier for everybody involved. They're having a buffet and there's herb crusted prime rib on it. I'll be having that instead.

I'm gonna have a Tombstone pizza. The roadhouse double pepperoni variety. With a king size hersheys bar and some gummi crabby patties on the side. I hate traditional Thanksgiving food and am probably the only one who does.

I'm gonna have a Tombstone pizza. The roadhouse double pepperoni variety. With a king size hersheys bar and some gummi crabby patties on the side. I hate traditional Thanksgiving food and am probably the only one who does.

I'm just not a huge fan of turkey. It's always much too bland for my tastes, not matter how it's prepared. I despise yams too. The consistency of them is just gross to me. I generally dig the rest of the traditional Thanksgiving fare, though.

With Tombstone pizzas, I usually get the plain ones and add my own toppings and seasonings.

GOLDBERG

GODBERG

BIG WILLY BERG

MY MANS

THE IMMORTAL

THE LEGEND

UNDEFEATED UNDISPUTED

GOOOOOOOOLDBERRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGG GOOOOOOOOOOOOOLDBEEEEEEEEEEERGGGGGGGG

I'm just not a huge fan of turkey. It's always much too bland for my tastes, not matter how it's prepared. I despise yams too. The consistency of them is just gross to me. I generally dig the rest of the traditional Thanksgiving fare, though.

With Tombstone pizzas, I usually get the plain ones and add my own toppings and seasonings.

Thanksgiving is the greatest holiday of the whole year as far as I'm concerned! I love the food, and I know I won't be disappointed because nobody is trying to surprise me.

I'll be managing a facility that serves Thanksgiving to the base populace, as a buffet. I'll pay my $12, and put myself on the edge of a food coma. I love every kind of food that one expects at Thanksgiving, and the gravy just makes it even more appetizing. Then there's the egg nog, I could drink a gallon of that.

If I ever go with frozen pizza, it has to be Freschetta.

Brock Lesnar lost nothing. He will be gone for a few months and return to trampling over the roster. Goldberg was a nostalgic run and those poo-pooing it must really hate fun. Goldberg vs Lesnar II wasn't something I wanted to see either but the right man won and now Lesnar is beatable which thank fucking god because he is boring as Superman.

And we're having Cornish game hens.

Brock Lesnar lost nothing. He will be gone for a few months and return to trampling over the roster. Goldberg was a nostalgic run and those poo-pooing it must really hate fun. Goldberg vs Lesnar II wasn't something I wanted to see either but the right man won and now Lesnar is beatable which thank fucking god because he is boring as Superman.

And we're having Cornish game hens.

Typical Spidey coming to the creative team's rescue.

Sure, he is still Brock freaking Lesnar after all, but like you said, he is now beatable. He went from THE strongest booked person in pro wrestling, to a beatable person now. But shouldn't that rub of bringing him down a notch go to a younger guy, like Reigns? Why does it have to be wasted on Goldberg.. you could have Reigns beat Lesnar first, and THEN do this squash match with Goldberg. Instead, the massive opportunity of creating a mega star is squandered

Sure, he is still Brock freaking Lesnar after all, but like you said, he is now beatable. He went from THE strongest booked person in pro wrestling, to a beatable person now. But shouldn't that rub of bringing him down a notch go to a younger guy, like Reigns? Why does it have to be wasted on Goldberg.. you could have Reigns beat Lesnar first, and THEN do this squash match with Goldberg. Instead, the massive opportunity of creating a mega star is squandered

But why should WWE creative pass up an opportunity to annoy you?

Reigns already got the Lesnar rub when Lesnar couldn't put him away.

Brock is on a star power tier so far above "the young guys", that he shouldn't even be wrestling them. He is a special attraction, and should not, and really, cannot be placed in the context of the regular roster. His star-power is as such that it wouldn't be transferred to the new guy, it would only highlight how little of a star whatever young guy is. In the era of part timers and special attractions where kayfabe is mostly dead, the "rub" is a seriously outdated concept.

You've spent too much time on a site that praises unanimous thinking and downvotes dissenting thought. I believe it was a nice change of pace.

Brock Lesnar needed to be humanized. A little wrestler with no fighting experience wasn't going to do that. Goldberg beating him is believable. We can't have another Cena on our hands, Crocker.

You've spent too much time on a site that praises unanimous thinking and downvotes dissenting thought. I believe it was a nice change of pace.

Brock Lesnar needed to be humanized. A little wrestler with no fighting experience wasn't going to do that. Goldberg beating him is believable. We can't have another Cena on our hands, Crocker.

If thats what you think of Reddit then I highly doubt you have even visited there... they welcome diverse opinions. It's just that your opinion is always the same, you always praise the creative team no matter what they do. That's what makes you an apologist. Other people can recognize their errors yet they can give credit when they do something right.

I agree that Lesnar needed to be humanized at some point, however I highly disagree that he was just another Cena. He actually has the credentials to back up his superman booking. But why does Goldberg have to be the one to humanize him? Could've elevated a guy like Ambrose, Rollins, Samoa Joe, Reigns, or Styes to mega star status. Thats how you create stars.. look at WrestleMania 21; Batista was made into a legit star when he defeated Triple H and finally ended his 6+ month reign of terror. Cena became the face of SmackDown when he ended JBL's 9 month reign at WrestleMania 21.. now imagine if JBL and Triple H's reigns were ended by an old part timer, like HBK or Ric Flair at that time. It wouldn't accomplish anything except short term ratings. Now that Lesnar has been humanized, his aura of invincibility is gone. Sure a win over him would mean a lot still, but not as much as it could've been.

Wouldn't it be more reasonable to have someone beat Lesnar first, and THEN have Goldberg squash him? It would be way better if they had a young guy defeat Lesnar, and just let him sink or swim, than give it to Goldberg.. Goldberg is Goldberg, he doesn't need this rub, his return by itself is enough to garner credibility and interest

Brock is on a star power tier so far above "the young guys", that he shouldn't even be wrestling them. He is a special attraction, and should not, and really, cannot be placed in the context of the regular roster. His star-power is as such that it wouldn't be transferred to the new guy, it would only highlight how little of a star whatever young guy is. In the era of part timers and special attractions where kayfabe is mostly dead, the "rub" is a seriously outdated concept.

Well thats why you slowly elevate the young guys until they are finally ready. That's on the creative team for booking the full timers so inferior to the part timers especially during WrestleMania season. Besides, you still have 1 year until Lesnar's contract runs out, which is plenty of time to build someone up to be credible enough to beat him.

John Cena and Batista in 2004 were nowhere near as big as guys like HBK, Triple H, Kurt Angle, etc.. that's why they were slowly built up until they were ready to take over. You could easily build up guys like Rollins, Ambrose, Reigns, Owens, Corbin until they're finally ready to get the streak rub.

Triple H beat Brock Lesnar and Lesnar came back strong.

Brock Lesnar squashed Cena and Cena came back strong.

You're complaining over some imaginary rub. Goldberg winning was the best case scenario. Nobody before this fight would have been believable. Now that Lesnar lost in under 2 minutes, to a guy that's legacy is squashing people, nobody lost anything and now everybody has a realistic chance at beating Lesnar. It's win-win.

The Reddit discussion "Post Survivor Series Match Discussion: Brock Lesnar vs. Goldberg" has top comments that are like 90% WWE 2k17, WCW, and 2016 jokes. The rest are people AGREEING with Creative's decision. So even your own site is nothing but "WWE apologists".

Is that why you keep coming back here after saying you would never come back? Because you'll actually get a debate?

Triple H beat Brock Lesnar and Lesnar came back strong.

Brock Lesnar squashed Cena and Cena came back strong.

You're complaining over some imaginary rub. Goldberg winning was the best case scenario. Nobody before this fight would have been believable. Now that Lesnar lost in under 2 minutes, to a guy that's legacy is squashing people, nobody lost anything and now everybody has a realistic chance at beating Lesnar. It's win-win.

The Reddit discussion "Post Survivor Series Match Discussion: Brock Lesnar vs. Goldberg" has top comments that are like 90% WWE 2k17, WCW, and 2016 jokes. The rest are people AGREEING with Creative's decision. So even your own site is nothing but "WWE apologists".

Is that why you keep coming back here after saying you would never come back? Because you'll actually get a debate?

You just admitted it yourself. After this loss, Lesnar went from being unstoppable to beatable

Why not have a younger star be the one who brings him down a notch? I'm not saying that Lesnar is COMPLETELY buried. He is still super credible after all, but just not AS credible. The massive opportunity to beat Lesnar at his best is now gone.

Also I'm not sure what you are reading.. a lot of Reddit users are DISAGREEING with creative's decision.

Also how is Goldberg the most credible? Assuming kayfabe is dead like you said, Goldberg got injured on a simple segment on Raw, and he hasn't wrestled for 12 years, and he is 50 years old. Also he just had double knee surgery. So how exactly is he the most believable?

You just admitted it yourself. After this loss, Lesnar went from being unstoppable to beatable

Yes. That's a good thing. Superman sucks.

Why not have a younger star be the one who brings him down a notch? I'm not saying that Lesnar is COMPLETELY buried. He is still super credible after all, but just not AS credible. The massive opportunity to beat Lesnar at his best is now gone.

Because nobody likes Roman Reigns and he was the only other younger face star that it seemed physically possible with.

Also I'm not sure what you are reading.. a lot of Reddit users are DISAGREEING with creative's decision.

Not the top comments. The first page is nothing but calling it entertaining and poking fun at WWE 2k17, 2016 and WCW.

It's not even hyperbole. You're literally ignoring about everything posted in the last 22 hours of that message board.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back